Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat โ€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Generic Partner Search Ayyyy

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Generic Partner Search Ayyyy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ั‚ะฝฮฑฮทฮฑั‚ฯƒั• on Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:58 pm

THIS POST IS REALLY LONG AND I'M SORRY BUT PLEASE STAY WITH ME :')

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Hello everyone! I'm Thanatos (not trying to be mad pretentious but i just like. really love hypnos & thanatos. theyre my children), but people actually call me Jack irl, so whatever's cool with you is cool with me. I'm posting this because I'm looking for a writing partner for a fun little 1x1! I started RPing a long time ago in a community where the only RPs that ever happened were 1x1, and I find I'm starting to miss that a bit. Plus, RPing with multiple people sometimes gets hectic, and with summertime approaching, I'm looking for something a little more centered. I'll start with telling you a little about myself and then what I'm looking for in a partner, I guess?

Okay, so, I'm a high school student (but I am graduating this year & suffering), and I live in the Eastern Time Zone in the US. Classes are just ending for me & since I have no finals, I basically have all the free time in the world to keep up with plots and stuff. There's not much else to say about me really? I'm a total dweeb tbh.

As for what I'm looking for in a partner, I guess I'd have to say that I'm looking for someone pretty chill. Not someone to just do a one-off rp where the whole affair is really official and business-like. I mentioned that when I first started RPing in a different place, most of the RPs were 1x1, and the community there was really close-knit, so that even when we were talking OOC, it was really casual and fun. I kinda want to be able to experience that same just, like, ease, I guess? I don't really want to write 1x1s with someone where I have to communicate super stiffly all the time with, even OOC. (Bc tbh, when im not writing serious posts or actual rp posts i write like this?? no caps and lots o' text chat lmao probs memes too. just like. hella casual.) It makes me kind of uncomfortable, haha, and I tend to back away from the RPs I have with those kind of people because it becomes not very fun. I have a few good friends on here, and even though we rarely do private rps, we join RPs together fairly frequently, and we chat all the time (not even always about our characters) and come up with sort of ridiculous scenarios that our characters wouldn't actually engage in. But it's fun to talk about it anyways. (Example: "tbh he probably actually would 110% throw her off the roof given the chance. but he'd also immediately regret the decision. but also simultaneously be laughin abt it." Just, like, a funner way to discuss character relations, I guess. I use memes a lot. That kinda stuff.) So I'd just like to be able to have fun with a partner outside of the actual RP, y'know?

But I'm also looking for someone who can write well and put the effort into semi-long posts. My range kinda goes from 400 to slightly over 1000 words, so I'm not really the biggest fan of one-liners. I totally get when there's a need for shorter posts, but my interest dies really fast when the replies are consistently not any longer than like 50 words. I'd also like someone who doesn't mind doubling up characters and playing males as well as females, and also someone who's willing to do more than just one genre. Like, I'm really into casual slice of life and low-key fantasy right now, but sometimes I really wanna do RPs with high fantasy and dungeons and adventurers. Plus, I get into a new TV show or book like every other month, so my interests change frequently lol. I guess this isn't really relevant if we're just doing one rp, but if we end up enjoying writing with each other, it'd be fun to do something else sometime too!
    I like using face claims, and I'm pretty partial to real FCs considering I'm not very well-versed in anime, haha. I'm also kinda aesthetically inclined, which means that I'd like to work with someone who at least knows the basics of coding. And for romantic pairings, I do both FxF and FxM, though I tend to stay away from MxM.

I know that was a lot to wade through, and I'm really sorry! For real, actually moving onto the actual plots now, promise.

geeisurelovefiller

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Admittedly, not all of my plots are very fleshed out, but I like to discuss the finer points anyway. I'm going to lay them out just with a one sentence description first, then give the small explanation of each, because I think it'd be easier. As a note, most of these plots do contain some element of romance, bc I do like that, but it's not a necessity for me or for the plots (mostly), so let me know if you don't like romancy things, and we can totally discuss doing other stuff! I also like slow build romances, so I'm not expecting charas to fall in love in like. 3 hot secs (s/o to disney movies). I've bolded the ones I'm really into! (So, like, all of them. Lma0)

SO, here are the actual plots: โ˜† A modern Shakespeare plot, focusing on the entertaining events of Much Ado About Nothing and Taming of the Shrew. โ˜† A plot based in JudeoChristian mythology without focusing too much on the aspect of religion about what happens when an angel falls from grace, and who might be dragged down unwillingly as well. โ˜† A thing where pianists are reincarnated and also they conveniently live in a dorm together (this exists because I really love Chopin and Liszt.) โ˜† Something about a couple of supernatural kids have to leave their ~monster boarding school~ from some reason involving destiny or danger. (Because apparently it's not enough for me to read bad YA fiction, I also want to write it.) โ˜†A story involving con artists and what happens when a con goes wrong and they have to now protect people who got caught up in their scheme. โ˜†

Moving on to some deeper explanations:
    โ—‡ There's not really much to say about this one. I just really love Much Ado About Nothing and Taming of the Shrew, and I've seen some modernizations of them and I love those a lot too. I'm interested in having them exist in the same universe. This one is definitely a romance-centric RP, but one of those slow-burn ones which I love. I'd really like to play Katherine and Benedick in this plot.

โ—‡ A really long time ago I participated in an RP with a concept like this and really enjoyed it. The idea I'm going with here is that when an angel is born, they are immediately tied to another angel born at the same time. An angel can go their whole life without knowing who their tied angel is, but the general purpose of the connection is that the tie provides a boost in strength and energy on the battlefield if the partners are in close proximity. The drawback is that if one of the angels falls from grace, the other must follow. This would focus on one or two of those pairs who set out to plead their case to return to heaven. This can have romance or not, whatever works.

โ—‡ Okay, let me preface this with: I really, really, really love Chopin. And I also really love his relationship with fellow pianist Liszt. I'd really love to do something where characters with similar traits to them (although they don't have to be identical to the actual pianist) live in dorms at a prestigious music school and for, I don't know, like a school project or something, they have to work together to compose a piece or something like that despite their vast differences in their playing styles. We can throw in another pair of pianists to double up and also give the characters the chance to interact with people other than just each other.

โ—‡ Okay, so. I actually started something like this RP a while back, but the person I was writing with had to leave due to health reasons. I ended up really liking my characters though, and would love to be able to use them again. It's a bad YA plot tbh but: students in their late teens who are varying sorts of supernatural creatures (vampires, sirens, nephilim, etc.) have to set out on some kind of adventure. Would be doubling up for sure.

โ—‡ I really love this show called Leverage about a team of con artists, like I'm straight up obsessed with it. This plot would be about a duo of cons (one a thief/grifter and the other a hitter, probably) who try to pull a con (we can work it out the precise mechanics of the con), but they then discover that their mark is much more than just a douchey rich old guy, and that there's something nefarious in the works. So then they have to protect two people who unwittingly got caught up in the con and are in danger. We can work out the particulars.

geeisurelovefillerโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

These are a couple ideas that I'm interested in, but they're based off a movie or TV show or book, so they don't have their own full plot yet. We'd have to work it out together!

โ™” A real psychic and someone with hyperperception pretending to be a psychic are both hired as consultants to solve a murder. Hilarity and some drama ensues.

โ™” Kinda similar to the last one, except this focuses on the detective and the fake psychic.

โ™” Some other stuff probably lol. This is actually a revamp of an old post, so I deleted the stuff I wasn't into anymore. But basically I'm totally open to discussing any sort of plot.

geeisurelovefillerโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

The end! That's all, really. Thank you for reading my super long-winded post! Comment here if you're interested or if you have any questions, and I'll PM you! If you'd like to see a writing sample of mine before you contact me, you can just look on my page at one of the characters I've had the chance to use. Thanks again!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ั‚ะฝฮฑฮทฮฑั‚ฯƒั•
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Generic Partner Search Ayyyy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Lilah on Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Hello~ I'm Lilah, but feel free to call me any shortened version of that or literally anything else you want. My friends know I typically reply back to "idiot" as well.

It's nice to finally meet the parent of hypnos & thanatos. I looked back on this joke and I regret it, I am not funny holy hell

I would be really interested in doing the supernatural kiddos on the run roleplay with you! Most of my spare time is compromised of finding crappy YA books to read and I am admittedly obsessed, so that roleplay idea is right up my ally. I am fine playing any genders and doubling up on roles is no issue for me. My word count is also similar to yours. ^^

I've also been searching for a partner that I don't have to typically be too stiff with. I used to rolepaly on tumblr and I miss the sort of friendly nature of sending messages back freaking out about each other's posts and coming up with stupid head cannons and things. I find the more I get along with my partner, the more I tend to like the roleplays and get super invested into them.

I didn't want to make this message to long because I have a tendency to ramble and word vomit SO apologies for that but yeah anyways, I'd love to do that plot with you if you'd be interested in roleplaying with me!
โ€œIt all ends in tears anyway.โ€
โ€• Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Lilah
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ั‚ะฝฮฑฮทฮฑั‚ฯƒั• on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:46 pm

Hi there! yes 'tis i. the sire of the greek emo twins

And that sounds great! It seems like our interests really align well lmao I live for garbage YA tbh.

Yes!! God, I totally get that. I love like IMing about what's going on in the rp. It's, like, half the fun honestly. Anyway, I'd definitely love to do the plot with you! I'll send a PM your way in just a bit so we can start discussing plot & stuff :oo

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

ั‚ะฝฮฑฮทฮฑั‚ฯƒั•
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:29 pm

[cue awkward shuffle in] hullo

I'm wednesdaysun. Still don't understand why I chose it as a username. The me who signed up for this site eight years ago apparently panics when confronted with the option to choose a username for herself.
    I also normally go by Lee. idk, maybe you can abnormally call me something else later. Up to you.

I like long walks on the beach I haven't been able to RP properly on here for a bit, for lack of a nice, active RP, so my style may be a bit rusty, but I can definitely write past the 500-word minimum. More, even.

Let me just say... yes. Hell yes. To the chillness. It's all well and good to work well together on building plot but it's just so much more exciting when there's this common creative spark. You can really bounce ideas off one another and really enjoy the experience and fruits of collaboration. [something something interactivity]

Plot! I really, really dig the Shakespeare and reincarnated pianists ideas.

The former... I've not really read/seen The Taming of the Shrew. ngl, the only thing I've seen of it's like the '99 10 Things I Hate About You. I did take up Much Ado About Nothing, though. But I have seen the Branagh adaptation (kind of still cringing at Keanu Reeves's accent but ๏ฝ๏ฝ‹๏ฝ๏ฝ™), and Digital Theatre's (DoctorDonna. That's all I'm gonna drop). Hoping to see the one with Nathan Fillion as Dogberry, too. A H H H H HH H too cute. I can just imagine the respective pairs just grumbling to themselves about how the other is.

Now, reincarnated pianists is going to be particularly intriguing. I'm not like a yuge classical music head so I'm not entirely sure I can deliver on the whole music theory and technique bits. Still, it's an intriguing concept. There will be need for a torch to cut through all the shade that's going to go down, lordy.

I have an idea or two we could probably add to the mix too but atm it's late and I think I was too excited to post this to remember where in the fuck I put the prompts in my files so I'll prolly rummage through them once I've gotten a few hours of snooze

Looking forward to collab-ing! (๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ั‚ะฝฮฑฮทฮฑั‚ฯƒั• on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Hiiii omg :''))
    And yes, god, I'm glad you get it. Like, strictly hashing out a plot direction and intent isn't nearly as fun as communicating along the way and making modifications and joking about the current events of the plots. :ooo

Listen. Ten Things I Hate About You is a goddamn. Masterpiece. No one can tell me otherwise. god bless that movie. ngl i was even into the very shortlived sitcom based off it. And oh my god I've been physically aching to see Tenant's version. I've seen clips and stills but I've never managed to find the whole thing?? I'm sobbing I'm so jealous of you omg rip. (Also side note, if you get the chance, you should totally watch the one with Nathan Fillion !! It was super entertaining & I actually really dug the modern setting black & white cinematography ??? It was pr lit)
    But, yes!! I like the idea of the two plays intersecting so much because I can really imagine the girls and the guys of each getting on famously and making life doubly hellish their other half. MMMMmmmm. Good Shitโ„ข

Okay, but tbh gotta be real with you, I have NO technical knowledge about piano or composing lma0. Just an unhealthy amount of love for the absolute savagery of the romantic era composers :')

AnywaY THIS message ended up being way longer than I expected and I probably should've just PMed you all this ??? BUT I'll PM you in just a sec, so hopefully by the time you see it, you'll have had the chance to find the plot prompts you were looking for !!

ั‚ะฝฮฑฮทฮฑั‚ฯƒั•
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barnes on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:39 pm

hiii I'm Tanie (or Julie, whatever floats your boat)

I feel you on the chill part, like if you read my responses to forum posts I'm super stiff and awkward but really I just want to make friends and laugh with them about our characters over discord lol you seem like a cool person! and I'm interested in your plots about supernatural students, con artists, or the psychics? all seem interesting tbh.

a little about me, I'm in the timezone +0800 (Southeast Asia). I'm soon to enter my second (and final) year of junior college, and aside from studying my only passions atm are reading and roleplaying. my posts are generally at least 500 words (feel free to stalk through my profile if you wanna, I'm pretty proud of my characters) and I love exploring character development and relationships, aside from building a plot with my partner(s).

I'm okay with playing all genders, though I do tend to gravitate towards playing females/femme characters - oh well that doesn't matter this is the one thing I'm willing to step out of my comfort zone for. my interests are mostly low fantasy, horror, and magical realism. I love a bit of romance too, but only as a side plot. I also really love TV and books (especially superhero fiction wtf it's amazing how much I like it) so if you ever want to try something based on media feel free to hmu!

I see you've already had a couple of replies, so I understand if you're not looking for any new partners at the moment, but if you ever feel like exploring any new plots just drop me a message yeah :) otherwise, I'd love to work with you to see what we can create together. hope you're having a good day!

wild women don't get the blues but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lately i've been crying like a small child xxxxxx

barnes
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Novelist Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!