Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gold Coast (1980's Miami drug running) Interest Check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: Gold Coast (1980's Miami drug running) Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadLarkin on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:01 pm

Hey, so i'll wait untill tomorrow night (that is being thursday night) and ill let the other characters go to bed, than I'll go ahead and wake you up Lox

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MadLarkin
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:29 am

Sounds good to me. :D Just make sure you wake them up "in the morning". ;)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PureInsanity on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Hey, sorry I haven't posted... Super busy around here lately...
I've got a busy weekend as well... work in about an hour and prom tomorrow... Sunday I will probably be dead or working on a project so I will try to keep up best I can!

PureInsanity
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:30 am

Name: Danny Burnett
Role in the crew: Brother of Nick, not part of the crew

Appearance:

Bio: Danny is Nick's estranged brother. Unlike his sister, Nick's brother is fully aware of what he does for a living. He himself has studied law in the past, and works as an attorney. He hates his brother, mainly because he know what he does for a living, but also because he thinks Nick abandoned him, his sister and their mother in their time of need, when he joined the Army in the late 70's. Since then, whenever Danny and Nick has met, it has usually ended in arguments, even fights from time to time.

With the exception of towards Nick, Danny is a kind and nice kid who always tries to do what is right. He is over-protective of his big sister, but also keeps from her the fact that their big brother is a notorious drug smuggler in Miami. Danny has taken his mother's maiden name as his surname, abandoning the name "Kane" because he wants no connection with Nick.

Weapon(s): None

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FoxyRoxy on Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:04 am

Sorry, I was going to post the other night but got distracted...
"I will live in thy heart, die in thy lap, and be buried in thy eyes" Much Ado about Nothing Shakespeare

FoxyRoxy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:34 am

Ah, don't worry about it. I don't want this to be the kind of RP where you're forced to post in a scheduled manner according to an almost stalinistic agenda. :D Just post when you have time and feel like it. That's the way RP's are supposed to be.

And with that in mind, I have some may-or-may-not-happen news.
That is to say, I may be away for a week, since I may go to Prague with my old school on their field trip, if I can scrounge up enough dough and if they still have free seats in the bus. With that in mind, the RP may be somewhat delayed, though of course y'all are free to post while I'm gone, and are free to auto my characters (in a believable fashion) if that's the case. Just use your good sense on that one.

And as I said, it's not yet certain that I'll be gone, though I'm certainly going to do what I can to make it happen. ;)

Edit: Sorry, guys. I just got it confirmed, that I'll be able to tag along to Prague. Which means I'll be gone for a week picking up Czech girls. Mwa. Mwaha. Mwahahahaha. XD

So, y'all play if you want to without me. I'll be back on the game on saturday, ready to post again. :D

Edit 2: (These no-double posts rules gotta go) I'm back from Prague, and just wanted to say, Stone Amber, you did a great job on that post. I'll get back to posting tomorrow or on sunday when I've restored my energy after the trip. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stone~Amber on Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:58 pm

Thanks it took me all day at work (mainly because work kept getting in the way, the nerve...) Welcome back Lox!! Sorry I think I made her more... spastic then I want her so I'll tone it down, but it works for now, she's excited!

Stone~Amber
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PureInsanity on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:00 pm

Hey guys... sorry I haven't posted for a while... I see things haven't moved too far without me...
I've been a little busy and distracted with school, work, prom and destroying my precious car.
Gimmie a little time and I'll try to make a BA post when I can! :)

PureInsanity
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_angle66 on Mon May 04, 2009 6:41 am

hey if your still accepting I would love to join?

Name: Violet Turner (real name Nicole Taylor)
Appearance: Image
Role in the crew: undercover police officer
Bio: Nicole grew up in a loving family, her mother working as a waitress at the local Tavern, while her father was a police sergeant. Being an only child meant that when her parents were working Nicole was usually left home alone to take care of herself. Her father always wanted a boy so his son would be able to follow his footsteps and also become a police chief. So her father treated Nicole mostly like a boy, for example when she scrapped her knee following off her bike. She started crying wanting to go get a bandage but her father told her to toughen up and get back on the bike and so she did. Nicole soon found a great interested in becoming a police officer like her father and so when she was 18 years old she enrolled herself.

The first few months were spent training hard, the next few were spent on the desk and finally when she was 20 she was allowed out into the field. Nicole became very intrigued with catching the bad guys and bringing people into justice. A new operation known as ‘Hope’ had been set up to catch some of Miami’s biggest drug dealers, many cops had been sent undercover into the drug world to find out the big bosses behind the business. Nicole was one of these cops, she has been undercover for nearly 2 years, and has worked her way up the drug chain getting credited for many arrest of drug dealers, drug runners, drug lords etc.
Weapon(s):
-pistol
-handcuffs
-police bat

sweet_angle66
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Mon May 04, 2009 8:12 am

Looks cool, you're in. :D I'm going to get back to posting one of these days, and get the crew over to Cuba. From there, you can join up as well. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stone~Amber on Thu May 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Olly Olly Lox in free?

Stone~Amber
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Thu May 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Hai, hai...

So, to y'all who's signed up... If the interest still exists - and if it do, drop a line in this thread so I know - we'll kick this one off again. If not, I'll consider it dead and leave it at that.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hlanhalyer on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:23 pm

meheh

Hlanhalyer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:00 am

Wow, it's been a while since anything happened here. :mrgreen:

So, I'll say this. I'm a bit ticked off at the way RP's die easily in RPG. Hlan, you already know of Fifthwind. As does Stone Amber and Mad Larkin.

Simple as this; the link's in my signature. Anyone who still has interest in this RP, sign up over there, and we'll continue the game there. I'll start a thread, and y'all can voice your interest for it over there. :P I feel it has a greater chance of success over there than here.

Edit: At least it was SUPPOSED to be in my signature. Correcting it as I type this.

Edit 2: I don't get the sig link to work for some reason. If it doesn't work to y'all others either, you can find it among RPG's "recommended links" or whatever it's called. Or just PM me and I'll send you a link instead. I don't know why I can't see the signature, but my guess is y'all can.

Edit 3: (Stupid double-post rules): Link's in the first post of the thread, at least. I'll continue the RP at Fifthwind if there's interest. Do join up. You won't regret it.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!