Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gold Coast (1980's Miami drug running) Interest Check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: Gold Coast (1980's Miami drug running) Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadLarkin on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:37 pm

Hey Lox, Its Mad from FW, mind if I throw up a Character?

Name:Carlos Ramon
Age: 65 (I'm no good at this age guessing thing, so don't make fun of me)
Job in the crew: Boat driver and Pilot
Appearance and behaviors:

An old Cuban drug runner who has had many years of experience, he finds the older he gets, the less he gets asked. He knows the waters and the skies between Miami and Cuba, and he finds himself enjoying the party life of Miami more and more. even more than that he finds he likes the parties and events more than even the nightclubs, drugs, women and adrenaline that fueled his earlier life. He has a thing for Cuban Cigars and often smuggles several over for himself.

He conducts his business in a business-like manner and parties as soon as its over. Hes always the first one to break out the drinks and was known in his day to be a great bartender, With an iron-liver he is often found chatting with all sorts of characters at any time of night, always never worrying about a thing.

Weapons and Vehicles:

Carlos carries a Mac-11 with a stock and shoulder strap in between the seats of his airplane, and a Kalashnikov RPK light machine gun with over a box of extra 75-round drum magazines in his boat.

Carlos drives a 1988 (sorry about the 88, its all i could find that i liked, well pretend its an '82 or something haha) Chris Craft Stinger:

and pilots a 1980 MOONEY M20J 201 single engine prop.

That should be it. I await your approval.

EDIT: Witty and outlandish humor, flirty with the women in a way, that suggests nothing more than an old man who's having fun with his life.

EDIT 2...ish *Facepalm* : So, who do i know? I am assuming since im an older man I've had some past history with Nick, Because I probably worked with some crew before that got disbanded, and now I'm working under Nick instead of with him and that Maybe I know Miss Lee through just being through the circuit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MadLarkin
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:36 am

Hey, man. Glad you made it over. :D Your character is, of course, accepted.

Let me think for a while about how we can introduce him and where he fits in, and then I'll help you join up. I'll edit this post as soon as I come up with a good idea. ;)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hlanhalyer on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:55 am

OOC: Okay, I will be gone for the Easter Holidays, but I will still try to be as active as i possibly can, I hope the internet where i am going is accessible. So Everyone have a nice Easter with your families. Happy Holidays, Have a great time with the RP, and i should be able to get on at least once a day, so dont move too fast okay? I hope the Drug Run goes well, you may control my char within his profile if you need to

Hlanhalyer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:00 am

Hey, man. No worries, I'll be gone a day or so too. And we got two days in-game (saturday and sunday) before the drug run begins. There'll be some other surprises (namely, Kane's bro and sis arriving), but nothing story-wise until in-game monday.

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PureInsanity on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:06 am

True, who knows how long it'll take to get there, haha.
Have a Happy Easter!!!!!!

MadLarkin's character seems like somebody I used to know, which cracks me up. I look at the guy and just think about the cigars, haha. I love old people hahaha.

PureInsanity
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:09 am

Hahaha, yeah, I like that guy too. :D And cigars are nice too, by the way. Bwahahaha.

Oh, yeah, and I forgot, my idiot. Happy Easter, y'all! :D

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PureInsanity on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:15 am

Haha don't worry, its not Sunday yet...
I probably won't be on tomorrow, except maybe after work and definitely not on Sunday.
I suspect most people won't be on, spring break and Easter and all.. So Monday sounds good... after school, of course. Yikes.

PureInsanity
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Hey, Mad, I'm thinking about how to best introduce your character. Since I'm a bit slow on posting here right now, busy moving the RP-section of FW to the new place, I'm a bit slow on figuring it out too. I'm thinking, though, that we should do something when the crew goes to Cuba, so he can join up there. It may take a few days, but if you can be patient, I think it'd be better to introduce him there than in Miami. :P

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadLarkin on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:21 pm

Okay, Lox, im up to that. But another thing im thinking is I could just wake you (and PureIn.) up in the morning since you mentioned something about a pair of speedboats. I don't remember seeing if you said the number of speedboats you had but I was gonna say that one of them was mine I happened to be sleeping in, woke up in the morning and found you there. Just my 2c

-Larks

MadLarkin
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:54 am

Well, that could work as well. :D Though you'd have to come up wih a reason why you weren't with the rest of the crew during the evening in the Club. :P But I'm going to have Kane wake up from a phone call by his kid sister telling him she's on a flight to Miami. But, you can still throw in a surprise appearance in the Den if you want to instead of in Cuba. I'll leave that up to you. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadLarkin on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:17 am

Okay, I'll make it so that I come in after your phone call, ill just be parking my boat while your taking the call. than say something about it being the only time I could get in and that I am ready to work, Than I'll probably work around the den, setting myself a place or something. Cause I usually rent in Miami but im only gonna be there until monday. So I'll follow your cue

MadLarkin
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Saxious, Cuba isn't until monday, and it's still only friday-saturday. ;) All in due time, all in due time... :D

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:29 pm

Alright, I'll get it edited
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FoxyRoxy on Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:30 pm

I was going to ask if you had already skipped to Monday...I am posting soon just a little behind
"I will live in thy heart, die in thy lap, and be buried in thy eyes" Much Ado about Nothing Shakespeare

FoxyRoxy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AzricanRepublic on Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:56 pm

I have to get in on this, everyone loves a good drug-runnin' and gunni'.

Name; Benjamin A. Havok

Age; 29

Gender; Male

Appearance;

Standing tall at nearly 6'1, Havok is typically dressed in leisurely attire, it can get pretty damn hot in Miamai, after all.

Role in the Crew; None, as of yet.

Bio;

1974-76; Service in the Rhodesian Light Infantry, and the Second and Third Bush Wars. Survived the fall of Rhodesia and escaped to Europe, specifically France.

1977-78; Served for two years in the French Foreign Legion, but was wounded in Algeria. Was given a free pass to America and was given a job as an Internal Contractor by the American government.

1978-79; Joined the ATF as a Field Operator, and was a part of a major undercover Operation in Chicago.

Name; Robert F. Archer

Age; 45

Gender; Male

Appearance; Standing at 6'0 square, Archer is the weathered partner of Havok, aiding him in his newest assignment to Miami.

Role in the Crew; None, as of yet.

Bio;

1972-74; Joined the newly created ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) and was connected in a major plot to unfoil a massive drug cartel on the Eastern Coast.

1974-77; Worked side by side the FBI to scour America and Mexico for a powerful drug lord after the 1974 bust that put hundreds in jail.

1977-79; Partnered with a new Agent, Benjamin Havok, Archer was reassigned to the ATF Miami District.

AzricanRepublic
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:22 am

Looks interesting. :P I assume they're undercover cops then? :D

Edit: They're accepted, of course, but I'd like to know if they are undercover cops. ;) It's okay if they are, but let me be frank; none of the crew are going to end up in jail for any longer eriod of time. Ever. :mrgreen:

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AzricanRepublic on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:32 am

Yeah, undercover cops. I'll give some bit and say that one of them is dirty.

AzricanRepublic
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:24 pm

Alright. Hey, if you can wait to join for a while, we can let introduce them as new co-workers by orders from Sanchez, once they hit Cuba in-game monday. :P

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FoxyRoxy on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:44 pm

Do you want me to post for the next day...

FoxyRoxy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Yeah, sure. I was waiting for Hlanhalyer to post Theodore's arrival to the Den, but he can write that up in the same post as "his" next day. So, go ahead and do that. :P

Loxley
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!