Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Grassroots 2012 Artwork Request

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Grassroots 2012 Artwork Request

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:35 pm

The Grassroots Tournament
2012 Artwork Request

Greetings artists of RolePlayGateway,

I currently host an annual tournament in the battle arena called The Grassroots Tournament. The first tournament attracted 11 contestants. This year's saw 16. I wish to increase that number to at least 24, but will also attempt to pull fighters from Gaia Online and other text combat communities, so seeing a full 32 man bracket would be a huge success.

This year's tournament isn't quite over yet, but I am planning ahead now that things are beginning to wrap up for this year. I'm getting the design/organization of next year's tournament done well in advance to ensure maximum quality and attract more people to the event.

One of the changes I have planned is to increase the visual and creative appeal of the tournament. Sadly, I am a terrible artist. Therefore, I need a lot of good quality artwork. The heaviest demand is by far on landscapes, although character portraits, banners, and a logo are also on my list of requested graphics. Below is a complete summary of the what I need:

- A logo for the Grassroots (Note I didn't say Grassroots Tournament, just Grassroots).
- Landscapes (more on this below) of the 10+ stages being designed for future use.
- Full-body artwork of both year's champions.
- A banner for the OOC/Signups OP post.
- Artwork of the new planet being designed for next year.
- An interior map of the lobby.
- A landscape of the lobby's exterior and surroundings.

The Deal:

What do you guys get out of this? Exposure, on a more permanent basis than you might think. Both years, the Out of Character thread has garnered at least 6,000 views. The current OOC is approaching 7,000, yet we still haven't finished the semi-finals. I am planning on re-using many of the stages the staff develops in future tournaments, so each time your piece is re-used, you will continue to gain views and possible fans. Furthermore, your artist signature will be allowed on the bottom right corner of your piece, and I will also provide credit for any pieces I accept each year I display them, complete with a link to your RPG profile and/or a website of your choice, provided it's one that showcases your art.

Automatic entry slots to next year's tournament will be provided for anybody that can provide me with a landscape or full body portrait that I accept. If you know anybody that can draw any of the above with exceptional results, please let me know, as I do wish to create/maintain reliable contacts for future artwork/tournaments. I will provide stage/landscape descriptions along a more legitimate summary of terms and conditions once enough interest has been gathered.

Finally, I know it is asking for a lot, but I wish for this thread to be stickied until I have all the necessary pieces in my possession. This process will likely take many months to complete, and I do not wish for the thread to fall into the abyss of obscurity. I thank everyone in advance.

"May the strongest grass blade grow tallest."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Grassroots 2012 Artwork Request

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 pm

Update: I have gotten the visual description for Sirius Leonine, the 2010 champion. Let me know if you wish to draw a full body artwork of him.

DarkManticoreX2 wrote:Sirius Leonine Visual Profile

Height: 6’3”
Weight: 220 lbs
Hair: Light brown, sitting lightly on the shoulders
Eyes: Hazel
Nose: Somewhat flattened from being broken many times.
Chin: Slightly pronounced, heavy stubble around the face, none on upper cheeks
Skin: White, but heavily tanned, almost the consistency of leather.
Upper Body: Wide shoulders, fairly thick. (Think NFL Linebacker in Uniform with pads)
Lower Body: Typical legs for the frame.

Clothing/Equiptment:

Shirt: Standard form fitting black t-shirt
Pants: Loose fitting tanned leather cowhides.
Jacket: Tan duster that hangs down to his knees
Hat: Occasionally a wide brimmed black hat.
Gauntlets: Sirius is rarely seen without a pair of claw gauntlets on either hand. These inflexible, six inch blades sit atop his hands, while strapping around his inner palm and wrist. The Gauntlets sport 4 blades apiece, spread a little under an inch apart from each other.

Habits:
Sirius usually walks around with a slight hunch. This is due to having Becky the Hydra usually draped around his neck, lying on his shoulders, or wrapped around his arm, as well as for defensive purposes. He only stands to his full height in public or during the heat of a battle.

Becky the Hydra:
Becky is a five foot snake closely resembling a green pit viper with black and tan diamonds on it’s back, and a white belly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:03 pm

I'd like to Attempt to draw the maps for the Arenas. Please PM me with details and stuff I have to know if you want me to do it.
Here are some examples of what I can do:
The maps here were me:
World map view
Ellaria Geography (My most recent work)
Photographic view:
Image This was a picture I had drawn a while back, about 8 months ago.
I only draw pencilled maps, I am no good at computer based artwork.
Heres some proof of that:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/eizoutopographicalmap.png/
When life gives you lemons, Make apple juice.

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:41 pm

Question: If I take the time to work on some stuff for this (because I can make logos, aerial landscape maps, and banners), will I be able to promote my youtube channel if my pieces are chosen?

Just curious. My channel is about a lot of things and I'm currently working on an idea of creating some tutorials on how to make those aerial landscape maps that you might be needing and I also do typical stuff regarding videos about video games I play. Depending on the answer you give me will depend on whether or not I'll bother making anything for Grassroots.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:54 pm

@Entity of Sin, Hey, how do you make a picture into a link like that? what Code did you use? I've been fighting with my signature for sometime now to put my RP's Banner up.

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:00 pm

Entity of Sin wrote:Question: If I take the time to work on some stuff for this (because I can make logos, aerial landscape maps, and banners), will I be able to promote my youtube channel if my pieces are chosen?

Just curious. My channel is about a lot of things and I'm currently working on an idea of creating some tutorials on how to make those aerial landscape maps that you might be needing and I also do typical stuff regarding videos about video games I play. Depending on the answer you give me will depend on whether or not I'll bother making anything for Grassroots.

That would be perfect, since (I assume) it will feature your work and promote you as an artist. One of the worries I've have is that many people won't be able to draw the proper landscape in the perspective and scale I am looking for. As contestants will be referencing the visuals as their stage description, these qualities must be very precise.

Notes on Landscape Submissions:

Here are some examples of proper stage visuals to start. These pictures are taken from Magic: The Gathering's card database. Although this art was not designed with a T1 tournament in mind, the artwork is visually what I would like to see. The first three or four works suit an open, expansive stage, such as Kyrvktz's Wurm Crater. The latter examples are better suited to locations more limited in scope and visible area, and stages that contain lots of cover and visual impediments. I would like the artist to submit a much higher resolution than the examples provided, preferably greater than 600 pixels by 600 pixels. Try your best to keep the width and height equal.

I wish for anybody interested to try their mettle at providing art for the first revealed stage. This is a returning area from the 2011 tournament. I have revised the description of the stage for simplicity and balance.

Requested Stage: Serangojo Falls
Surrounded by lush, tropical jungle, an ancient, dilapidated temple overlooks a three thousand foot waterfall bathed in sunlight. Worn significantly by time, only the forty foot walls and small sections of the ceiling remain; vines have clawed their way up these structural remains. On the back wall, a stone tablet engraved with glowing runes hangs over an abandoned altar. Forking around the temple in a "Y" shape, one can easily see the bed of the nearby four foot deep, fourteen foot wide river. The three sections of land divided by this fork remain connected by three ancient stone bridges, which are also engraved in glowing runes; all three bridges are five feet wide, two feet thick, and just long enough to span the rivers. The bridges are built in a triangular formation.
Last edited by TwilightShade on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:58 pm

The landscapes that I make are aerial perceptive.

Here's an example.
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2 ... 4cnd9n.jpg

So if something like that is what would work that's fine. If not, I can do other things.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:12 pm

Entity of Sin wrote:The landscapes that I make are aerial perceptive.

Here's an example.
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2 ... 4cnd9n.jpg

So if something like that is what would work that's fine. If not, I can do other things.

This type of perspective would be suitable for the lobby map, which I haven't developed yet. PM me some of your other works; if you do logo design, I would be interested in having one of the Grassroots (see original post).

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Orrrrr we could just let the artist do it XD nice map though entity! but can you answer my earlier question?

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:10 pm

What are you talking about Axel?

You mean in my signature? I used the image BBCode tags.. Just put the URL address link in between the opening and ending tags. If you want to turn it into a link with the image then you use the HTML link tags as well.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:00 am

Yeah, your sig, and Im not sure what you mean, If it isn't too much trouble would you mind putting it in a code box for me?
Code: Select all
Please {:3

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:29 pm

AxelZero93 wrote:Yeah, your sig, and Im not sure what you mean, If it isn't too much trouble would you mind putting it in a code box for me?
Please {:3

[center][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/CrypticWorlds][img]http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/Obsidian_Entity/Banners%20and%20Signatures/Simple_DesignsSolutions_1_1.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Exactly what my signature is.

Let's take this to PM's so we aren't spamming Twilight's thread. You can also find me in chat as well.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Oh, ok thanks, And sorry about taking up ur spaces Twilight x3

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:43 pm

I'm still interested in gathering artwork for stages, although at this point there probably won't be quite enough time to get all of them done. Please PM me or post in this thread if you are interested.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JukiaBear on Wed May 23, 2012 9:56 pm

I'm interested, so I'll be doing it!

JukiaBear
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!