Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Greetings, I'm The new guy

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Greetings, I'm The new guy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Helicase on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:51 am

Hi There everyone!

I stumbled upon this website and was pleasantly astonished that such a place existed! I quickly registered and here i am. I noticed you have alot of n00bie posts and i do not wish to flood your forums anymore than i need to. I've been Rping for a while now, since around when the internet became what it is today ( around the late 90's i believe) at my tender age of 13 i believe. However i haven't been able to find alot of willing partners to RP with, and hope i can find some here! I just wanted to say hello, and ask if anyone can suggest to me a good rp to embark on? Preferably something romantic or action based would be appreciated. Or if you are starting a new one and need someone to help you I am quite willing to!
Thanks For reading and suggesting!

Looking forward to going on adventures with you all! ( and now to re-read the rules!)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Helicase
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Greetings, I'm The new guy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:06 am

Hello and welcome to the RoleplayGateway Helicase! Have some tea and cake! Or any dessert that you would like! (I hope I have already learned them in class) Anyways, it is nice to see a new member! Wow! It is amazing how long you have been roleplaying! I only started last year >.< Also, do not worry about finding people to roleplay with you! A lot of them would be willing to just post up a thread in the Roleplayers wanted! About interesting roleplays there had been a lot of that kind of genres here! Lurk around the forums or in the Roleplay Tab! Find any RP that you spark your interest!

RPG Rules
Help
Newbie Guide to RPG
Guide to Chat
Role Play Academy

Above are some links! Go ahead and check them out at your own pace! It would help you to get started to this site! I do hope to see you around and have the chance to roleplay with you soon! Again, Welcome to RPG and enjoy your time here!
"Let me sleep... For when I sleep..."
Image Image
"I will finally see you in my dreams..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asperser on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:54 am

Hey there Helicase, welcome to RoleplayGateway. Hope you have fun here XD.
Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
-Anais Nin

Asperser
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shō on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:41 am

Welcome New guy/Helicase! I'm Shohetsu, one of the Global Moderators here, don't worry I will take good care of you. ;] loljustkiddingmaybe. So, anyway, yeah if you have any questions about those links Lady Ethereal posted, myself and the other staff members, as well as the other registered users will do our best to answer them.
ImageI am a Mac, son. Recognize.

Shō
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Ha. Don't sweat it about being a noob or not. There are a lot of people here on Gateway with varying level of 'skill' but thankfully, this place has a lot of tools to help you sharpen your RP skills, honing what awesome ability you may already have. Check out all of Ethereal's links, definitely, with the RolePlay Academy in mind, as the mentor team there will help you out if you have any questions.

So you've already met our global moderators, one of user users -- now it's time to meet me! My name is Sato (ViceVersus) and I'm a designer here on Gateway. I've been a member for pretty much forever, so I know my way around. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm good at answering them promptly, as my schedule will allow.

We're all about community, here. I have no doubt that you'll find your own little niche here in our userbase. You'll be making friends and making Rps in no time!

And as a final suggestion if you want to look for a certain type of Roleplay, go to the main 'Roleplay' tab at the top of the page, and then click Manage Filters. From there you can select which tags 'action, adventure, etc' you'd like to have highlighted from all the search results. It's quite handy!

Alright, so that about wraps things up from my end.

Keep your nose clean, kid! Hope to see you around. xD

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Helicase on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:08 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, i shalt heed your suggestions and look at the rp's suggested. Thanks a ton!

Helicase
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!