Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Guardians of the Divine Light {ic}

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Guardians of the Divine Light {ic}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhisperingEnvy on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Life was changed, possibly forever. The past twenty-four hours were the most bizarre the fiery red-headed girl had ever experienced. It started the night before when, what she and her friends thought was a shooting star, turned out to be a girl. Even after it crashed in the woods and they raced to find it, Eunae still couldn't believe what she was seeing. After repeatedly rubbing her eyes realization struck like lightning. It was in fact a girl, with silky hair the color of silver and vibrant purple eyes. Reluctantly at first, they rushed to retrieve the girl from the crater she made and bought her back to Eunae's apartment. The odd happenings didn't stop there. After the girl woke up the girl noticed her eyes matched the crimson shade of her hair, still more strange occurences continued. Eunae could somehow feel the emotions of the people around her and was terrified. Just what was going on?!

That same day, in the cramped living room of her one-bedroom apartment, a man appeared dressed in all gray. He spoke of some prophesy, of a coming darkness and warned that if they didn't protect and aid the mysterious girl the world as the knew it would be lost. Now at this particular moment Eunae stood there, eyes wide and mouth hung open, gawking at the man she thought was some deranged lunatic that managed to break in without any of them knowing. She broke her daze and took a step forward to question this stranger but as soon as she inched forward he was gone, in a blinding light that completely obscured her vision. She called out to the others in a frantic yell but couldn't even hear her own voice. She outstretched her hands to reach for someone but there was nothing, all of her senses seemed to be blocked out. Her first instinct was to panic. What if that man had done something to her? Was he even there? For a second Eunae wondered if this was all just some kind of awful nightmare brought on by sleep deprivation.

A wave of dreadful excitement crashed over Eunae when she was overcome with the sudden sensation of falling backwards. Down, down, down. Where was the ground? Her ruby eyes were shut tight, awaiting for the deadly impact of her body meeting the ground. 'This is it..., I'm going to die.' She thought grimly. It felt like she was falling so fast surely she wouldn't survive this free-fall. The blinding light vanished. Everything was gray and bleak, but her vision returned. As soon as she reopened her eyes she wished it hadn't. All around her was what looked like a city, where she lived, but nothing was the same. The buildings were wrecked, literally falling to pieces, the sky which was crystal clear and an enthralling blue was now dark, almost black. Where was the Sun? Even the road was in ruins, asphalt ripped up and in dusty piles of rock. This was not home, not at all.

"Guys...," Eunae started, noticing the presence of all of her friends, including the girl with the startling violet eyes, "What happened?!?" Again she found herself on the verge of all-out panic. This was all too crazy, it had to be a bad dream! "Ouch!" She hissed after the sharp pinch she inflicted on her arm told her otherwise. Wherever they were, they had to get out of there. And was that a growl coming from that building or was Eunae's mind playing tricks on her?
The Law of Lady Gaga:
(RAH)Ā² (AH)Ā³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)Ā² + OOH(LA)Ā² = Bad Romance

Pm me for 1x1's! I'm bored outta my skull D:

School's started back, don't heckle me! I'll post when I can ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WhisperingEnvy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Guardians of the Divine Light {ic}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PrettyLiar on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Ali rolled to get out of the thing she called a bed, to wake to the gray sky. "Nice! Not one single change. I guess I'm going to have to find a way to fix this, or someone who knows how." She slicked her hair back as she continued to look out of the abandoned building window. As she was scanning her surroundings she came across a shadow, it was pretty strong looking. This didn't matter to her at this point, now that she has been living on her own for a while now. The shadow and her locked eyes for a brief second then at the same time they both darted away. She knew that it was coming after her now, and wasn't not going to be an easy fight for her. When she got to the doorway there was a gaping hole in the floor, and the only way down was a thin rail or pipe that had broken.

Ali wasted no time in pulling out her gloves and jumping down the railing. As she slid Ali pulled the gloves tightly to her knuckles and grabbed her pistols out of the holsters on her thighs. The shadow approached quickly and she shot as she was still going down the rail. Ali jumped off and flipped over the shadow, shooting it in the head then landed on one knee. When she stood up she didn't notice another one behind her. It hit her in her back causing her to lose her balance and almost fall into the hole. When she tried to get back up it hit her again only this time knocking her into the dark opening in the floor. It stalked away, not even making sure that she had really fallen down. Luckily for her she was able to grab onto the floor and save herself.

Ali quickly pulled herself up and knelt down, shooting the shadow while it wasn't looking. It disappered after contact with the bullet. When Ali looked down at her leg she noticed that she cut it when she fell in that hole. She ripped some of her shirt and tied it around her cut, atleast until she could do something about it. "I was right... it was a strong one...it seems like the longer they're here the stronger they get." You could hear how out of breath she was, since she normally didn't fight ones that strong. Ali continued her way down until she got to the bottom. She walked out of the building and turned her ipod on to block out the eerie silence surrounding her.

Life wasn't the same anymore. Now Ali felt like the last person on earth. Of course this wasn't true, it was just that she didn't want to join any other groups to help fight this problem. She walked pass the lifeless buildings until she came across a little girl in a dim alley. It caught her eye as she saw a glimpse of a shadow infront of the girl. Ali made a sharp turn and pulled out her guns and fired a warning shot at the shadow first, "Don't move!" Ali yelled at the girl because she was about to get up. The shadow disappeared but Ali knew more would show up as a result of the loud noise her gun made. "We have to move quickly!" Ali told the girl and picked her up, putting her on her back then dashed away. As she came out of the alley a shadow appeared behind them.

Ali tried to pick up her speed but she had extra weight added to her. She put the girl down behind a turned over car and ran out to fight another shadow. This shadow was smarter than the rest of them, it ran pass Ali and headed for the girl. "Run!" Ali screamed out in fear, she didn't think she'd be able to get to the girl in time. The girl ran with the shadow gaining on her and Ali behind it. Ali ran out of bullets so she threw her gun at the shadow instead. It made contact with the shadow's back and it stopped. It turned around and looked at Ali. "Come get me!" Ali yelled out to the shadow in a taunting tone. Ali stood her ground as the shadow came full force at her. It charged up to her and tried to hit her, but she jumped out of the way before it's fist made contact with her. She got her other gun and shot it in the back, watching it shriek then vanish. "Why did you stop running? You could've gotten yourself killed!" Ali sounded more like a mother than a stranger to the girl. "I wanted to make sure you were ok." The girl responded to Ali in a mawkish tone. Ali just turned around to pick her other gun up off of the ground. She wiped some of the dirt off then looked at the girl. "Do you have any parents that I can take you to?" Ali had realized that she was a little harsh on the girl, so she tried to be nicer to her. "My parents are at an old goverment building, they're with a group there." The girl calmed down then grabbed Ali's arm leading the way to the building. "Why do you have those engravings on your guns?" The girl asked with inquiring eyes. "It's to remind myself of the good times I've had, and where I'm going in life."

Ali responded back with a benevolent smile. After their walk they made it to the building then went in. It seemed vacant until they walked to a greatroom that had a lot of people in it. Everyone drew their guns and other weapons out at Ali and the girl making sure that it wasn't a shadow. When they saw it wasn't they put the stuff down then welcomed them with open arms. "My baby!" A woman cried out as she pushed through the crowd of people. The woman picked her child up in a big hug. Ali could tell that the girl's father was either missing or killed, since the woman was alone. "I told you not to run off like that! How could I ever repay you miss?" You could hear the relief in the mother's voice from seeing her daughter. "It was no problem. I just did what was right." Ali replied as if the fights she had were easy. The mother took Ali's hand and led her to the circle of people and sat her down. "Welcome!" A man who looked like he was in his fourties said with his arms out to the side. I hope they don't think I'm staying here." Ali sat and thought to herself.
Live,Love,Laugh,my favorite 3 l's<3<3<3<3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PrettyLiar
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:24 am

Lord Blackwater had to admit that he was impressed. Still, he was torn. There were always these kind of tough decisions. This kind of situation didn't come up very often, and he wanted to make sure he dealt with it in the best way possible.

From his position on the balcony of the Twilight Palace's north tower he could easily see--and hear--the figure standing upon the small hill of corpses that had formed on the cobblestones. He sighed inwardly. Such a waste of good recruits. By now the human grunts had begun to shy away, but the occasional shadow crept out to face the lone rebel, though they were quickly dispatched. Certainly this was a powerful enemy, skilled and determined in both guile and martial ability to make it to this point and challenge the Lord of Malaise himself.
He glanced through the scope of his rifle to get a better look at him. He was almost as tall as Blackwater, and much bulkier, his black hair long, wild, and caked with blood and grime. He wore mildly tinted sunglasses and hadn't shaved in quite a while. His dark, earthy clothing was visibly weathered, but whole, obviously made from the most durable of fabrics. Yes, quite the rough and tumble hero. The kind women swooned over and lesser men put their faith in.

"COME OUT AND FACE ME, KING OF DIRT!" He had cried. Not a very imaginative or hurtful insult, though insults meant little to Blackwater.
He could snipe him from right here. What a glorious image that would be. The lone hero making a stand against all odds, coming to the very portals of darkness to cast down his righteous gauntlet. The soldiers of shadow crushed beneath his heels, the crowds slowly creeping out from their crevices to witness the challenge, the slightest seed of hope beginning to sprout in their hearts as they dared invest a piece of themselves in this stranger. Then, in the middle of his dauntless taunting of the Dread Lord, a single shot would rip through his chest, and he would fall unceremoniously. He would not even get the satisfaction of encountering the Great One face to face.
He began to shout once more. "COME AND FACE ME, YOU COWARD!"

Now that was unacceptable. Blackwater did not feel fear. It was one of the few things he saw necessary to prove to his enemies. He set down the rifle and hopped over the side and concentrated his powers, icing his boots over, allowing him to skate down the roof, raising a cloak of mist as he descended. When he struck the ground below, the mist cleared, revealing his casually standing figure. He had shed his royal robes to reveal the business attire he kept for dirty-work situations such as this.

"And who might you be, rebel? I must commend you for making it this far. You have slain many soldiers and pierced many defenses."

"I am Kedric Kole, of Southkirk."

"Ah..." Blackwater recognized the place and name. It was a small-to-middling town not far from the border of this province. He had issued the orders to have the place erased almost a year ago now, and he recalled a man by the name of Kole had been a most stalwart resistor. The situation was so surprising for a town of that size that Blackwater decided to visit the place personally and slay Kole himself. It had been a rather tedious campaign.

"Yes, I see the knowing in your eyes," Kedric continued. "I am here to seek justice for the massacre of Southkirk."

"I see," Blackwater replied blandly. He hoped the man would say at least something spicy before it came to blows.

Noting the Dark Lord's apathy, Kedric snarled, "I AM GOING TO CLAIM YOUR BLACK HEART ON THE TIP OF MY SWORD, YOU DOG!!" This made Blackwater laugh hysterically.

"You find the prospect of death amusing, I see," Kedric growled.

"No, no," answered Blackwater. "It's just...your brother said the exact same thing, I kid not." He ceased laughing and flashed the rebel a cold grin. "I enjoyed killing him, too."

"YOU BASTARD!" Filled with rage, the man sprinted forth with his sword brandished. Blackwater gave him a dismissive glance, his thoughts turned toward the ground, where a shadow crept forth from his feet to intercept the charging rebel. As soon as he hit the dark patch, Kedric slowed and began to stumble.

"Wha...what is...happening," he groaned. The sword fell from his hand and made a great thud against the stones. Soon after, Kedric fell to him knees.

"Fool. Did you think you could really stand before me? The weight of darkness pulls down and crushes all who test its murky waters." The shadow rose like a fine mist and enveloped Kedric, pushing in on him. He felt cold, and struggled for breath. He found that what he was beginning to breathe in was not air, but seem as though his lungs were filling with water. He struggled madly against the weight that bore down on him, trying to crawl away, but the gloom only intensified.

"Do you feel it?" Blackwater asked. "Do you now taste the truth of absolute despair? Your brother died a swift, violent death. You should be glad you will achieve enlightenment before death takes you." Kedric tried to gurgle a curse, but he had no air to do so. Then he blacked out.

The shadow disappated. A few palace guards had gathered. Blackwater turned to them.

"Resuscitate him quickly, and throw him in the third dungeon. He has much to relect upon ." He paused, wondering if he should confront the audience of subjects as they now slunk away. No. Let them draw their own conclusions fromo this little exchange. Better they come to despair themselves than be forcebed it, lest they be tempted to bite the oppressive hand.

Another guard approached, this one a senior officer. "Your Excellency, several of your spies, assassins, and other agents have arrived. One in particular wished to report something directly to you. I have directed them to the customary meeting chamber for a routine council."

Blackwater took an interested expression...a near smile, but with a thoughful weight to it. "Excellent, sergeant. Keep up the good work. And see to this mess."

"Yes, my lord."

Blackwater ambled off towards the meeting chamber. He wondered what kind of urgent report this would be. Which spy was it? He knew some would report every peasant uprising as the end of the world, but there was always the off-chance that it was something truly interesting. For the first time in months, Timothy Blackwater felt the swell of anticipation in his breast.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:30 pm

12 Hours Ago

The trader outpost sat just on the edge of what the inhabitants called a ā€œShadow Zoneā€, an area filled with so many tall buildings or trees that the streets are perpetually shaded against the sunā€™s rays. With so many shadows cast, the ruins of the major metropolises become hives of Shadow beast activities. Places no man dares enter unless itā€™s noon or heā€™s carrying enough sources of light to banish any shadow that he crosses. This no manā€™s land, though dangerous, attracts is a fair share of those looking to scavenge old world tech despite the risk. These scavengers spend the few hours while the sun is directly over head searching the derelict ruins in hopes of finding some piece of technology or stash of goods that will pay for their next meal. During the time thatā€™s not safe to venture into the ruins the scavengers spend their time at what ever outpost is closest as the sun begins to angle close to the horizon.

Vireā€™s Den, as the place was known, was filled with usual riff raff that accompanied those who some times are considered unsavory types. Tonight was no different and despite the fact that death waited just outside they didnā€™t let that get them down.

Music from a scavenger who knew how to play a fair share of songs on the guitar was belting out a chorus as he strummed away on his six string that he found one day in the ruins of a music hall. Several of the patrons had joined him in singing while they pounded away the home-brewed beer the owner of Vireā€™s Den made him self.

Several men had begun accosting the barmaid, one of the few women who lived in the small town that had grown to become Vireā€™s Den. Since the men had been drinking all night and most never get to see their thirtieth birthday she put up with for a while. It wasnā€™t until one stumbled at her in an attempt to pick her up in his arms, and in so doing knocking the mugs she was carrying down to the ground that she finally became fed up and told them to either behave or the hired guns used for security would have to throw them out of Vireā€™s Den. The Den had become quite as a mouse after the threat. That late at night it would have been an all but guaranteed death.

After the men told the barmaid they would behave and were rightfully sorry did the establishment begin to pick up again. One table in a far corner had not paid a single ounce of attention to the barmaid incident. The four men had been engrossed in a game of cards and after the final hand, a man in a gasmask had won the pot and was grabbing the cash on the table. Two of the other players were grumbling about the gas-mask manā€™s wining, the words cheater and thief muttered under their breaths.

ā€œYou two should counter your selves lucky that Atlas didnā€™t take more from ya,ā€ the third player, an older beared gentleman who now lived off his gambling winnings instead of scavenging, ā€catch you on the bounce, Atlas.ā€ Atlas nodded back to the old man and walked away from the table.

ā€œHow does he do it, that sonovabitch always wins,ā€ the younger of the two complainers commented as Atlas walked far enough way for him not to hear the manā€™s words.

ā€œā€™Cus, heā€™s a dirty cheater, thatā€™s how, that jack hole,ā€ the other complainer chimed in.

ā€œListen here, now if you want to get loose your money, thatā€™s your prerogative, but donā€™t blame your bad luck on that man right there, he wins it fair and square, plus heā€™s not one to tangle with,ā€ the old man smirked as he snatched a mug from the passing barmaid, ā€œyou ever wonder why heā€™s the only one out of all us scavies that getā€™s to go out at night, fellaā€™s got a death wish Iā€™ll tell ya that, but not once ever have I seen him come back with more than a bruise.ā€

The two men dismissed the old man, but turned away just in time to see Atlas have the guards at the large gate that was built into the bar open it up to the outside. Bright lights that were set up on the walls surrounding the buildings of Vireā€™s Den illuminated the ruined suburban houses and buildings that the outpost was built among. After Atlas had exited the gates were quickly shut again. The old man nodded with a smile as if heā€™d just proven a rather large and important point.

Atlas enjoyed the cold air of the night. It was one of the few time he actually wanted to take off his mask, but often he could not due to the pockets of toxic chemicals that lingered from the war and destruction of the city, whether that was from a more benign source such as a chemical spill or from a chemical weapon. Luckily he could do so now, being close enough to Vireā€™s Den meant no pockets of deadly invisible vapors. Taking the gasmask off, Atlas let the cold air whisk across his shaved head before he put the gasmask back on.

The lights from Vireā€™s Den pierced far into the darkness, keeping the shadow beasts far enough away so they didnā€™t pose a constant threat during the night time. The no-manā€™s land surrounding the outpost was completely devoid of anything that could cast a shadow, eliminating any possible path that the Shadows could sneak up to the high metal wall that surround the outpost.

Once Atlas had crossed it, thatā€™s when he knew he was in friendly territory. Not that Vireā€™s Den was hostile country, but that if they ever discovered he was actually a minion of the Dark Lord they would have his head, if they could get it. The Shadows game him a somewhat wide birth, knowing full well that he was an agent of the Dark Lord. Also enough Shadow blood had been spilled by his hands that they had a fearful respect for him. Some have enough sworn that Atlas has started to become shadow like him self, his figure progressing darker and darker, blurrier and blurrier with each Shadow killed by his hands. Not that at present he has killed any Shadow beasts as of late.

Stopping in front of a ruined gas station, Atlas looked up to notice the full moon. Itā€™s eerie glow casting shadows that seemed to blend with the darkness of night. The Shadow creatures loved full moons, this Atlas had learned even before becoming the Dark Lordā€™s assassin when he still had to scavenge and kill for his living. It seemed that even in pure darkness the beasts felt uneasy, as any creature would with out some light to guide them. During the new moon, Atlas noticed a higher concentration of shadows around Vireā€™s Den, seeking what shadows were cast by man made lights since the only other light was the starry sky and clear night was not always a guarantee in this ruined world of theirs. I guess it boiled down that while Darkness was the absence of Light, Shadow was the corruption, almost offspring, of Light; light dimmed by the presence of a worldly object to the point that what was in shadow can be hardly seen but still seen regardless.

Pulled from his musing by a Shadow slowly moving towards him, he turned to the beast. It was a smaller one, about half the height of a full grown man but faster than most of the other Shadow beasts. Normally they would attack in packs, but to see one alone and approaching him meant that it was sent by some one in the Dark Lordā€™s Twilight Palace. He could not know for certain until he knew why the beast was here.

The thing pulled out piece of paper in itā€™s clawed hand, a shadowy mist pulling away from the paper. When ever the beasts had to shrink back into the shadows, they had to engulf an object in their shadowy essence to take it with them or they had to drop it. Atlas took the paper from the beast and unrolled it.

It was as summons, that some one high up was going to have a meeting a quarter of a days time from now and that all available agents, minions, and underlings of the Dark Lord must attend for council with the King of Depths himself.

Atlas crumpled the paper and threw it to the side. Another distraction he would have to tend with now that Blackwater was the Dark Lord. Bad enough he worked for one, but two he was begining to question if the pay was good enough.

Twilight Palace

Present Time

Atlas waited with the rest of agents of the Dark Lord in the usual meeting chamber for when council was held. He did not sit in any of the chairs provided, he could do that enough when not in the presence of someone who just think it and have you crushed by his other worldly powers. No Atlas would not sit.

He waited though, since he knew not what this was about nor if it even pertained to anything he was tasked with at the moment, which wasnā€™t much since the resistance only just started to flair up again. His tasks probably would increase with time as more and more rallied behind the banner of survival the resistance flew high above their proverbial heads.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxXDreamstressXxX on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:58 pm

Six months ago-Last Night

The Nara period of the 8th century marked the first emergence of a strong Japanese state. Following an Imperial rescript by Empress Gemmei the move of the capital to Heij&#333;-ky&#333;, present-day Nara, took place in 710. The city was modeled on the capital of the Chinese Tang Dynasty, Chang'an (now Xi'an).
During the Nara Period, political development was quite limited, since members of the imperial family struggled for power with the Buddhist clergy as well as the regents, the Fujiwara clan. Japan did enjoy friendly relations with Silla as well as formal relationships with Tang China. In 784, the capital was moved again to Nagaoka-ky&#333; to escape the Buddhist priests and then in 794 to Heian-ky&#333;, present-day Ky&#333;to.
Historical writing in Japan culminated in the early 8th century with the massive chronicles, the Kojiki (The Record of Ancient Matters, 712) and the Nihon Shoki (Chronicles of Japan, 720). These chronicles give a legendary account of Japan's beginnings, today known as the Japanese mythology. According to the myths contained in these 2 chronicles, Japan was founded in 660 BC by the ancestral Emperor Jimmu, a direct descendant of the Shint&#333; deity Amaterasu, or the Sun Goddess. The myths recorded that Jimmu started a line of emperors that remains to this day. Historians assume the myths partly describe historical facts but the first emperor who actually existed was Emperor &#332;jin, though the date of his reign is uncertain. Since the Nara period, actual political power has not been in the hands of the emperor, but in the hands of the court nobility, the sh&#333;guns, the military and, more recently, the Prime Minister of Japan.

Arisha wrote tediously slow across her paper sighing as she heard the ticking of the clock echoing in her hair at a painfully slow rate. She wasn't sure why she had to write down so much, she had a book and they were all seniors by now, anything they hadn't learned could be learned in college couldn't it? Sighing she smiled relived when the bell rang, her last class of the day was over thank goodness!

Saying goodbye to her fellow classmates Arisha slowly made her way outside, she couldn't wait for the upcoming months, in the past few weeks life had been flawless to the greatest extent. She was having a party surrounded by friends and family for her birthday, she was finishing school...and above all Yoshi was going to be there! A blush crept it's way to her cheeks as she thought of the handsome Yoshi, he had been climbing the ladder in her fathers business ever since he got there and she couldn't be more proud. Though it had only been three years Arisha held out hope for him, it wasn't so much that she HOPED he would be alone but more so the fact he was willing to wait for her as she had him.

She would be an adult soon and then, work on things from there, in her own little fantasy world Yoshi would marry her eventually, they would have two children live in a big house near her parents of course so her children would know their grandparents and have a lovely life together. Something simple but happy, as long as everyone was together and happy that was all that really mattered.

Without warning Arisha put her hand on a fire hydrant just before it exploded and she backed up gasping, not due to the hydrant but because she noticed the glowing of her hand, confused and horrified she tucked her hand down in her pocket deeply as other stared at the water sprouting out. Something was seriously wrong with her, maybe it was all in her head, peeking down into her pocket she bit her lip as she realized it was still glowing.

Stepping off the sidewalk Arisha debated if she should have had the valet drive her today as the clouds started to darken, she honestly didn't want to get caught in the rain and catch a cold. Politely moving around some people Arisha picked up her speed and began to run towards home slowly. HOW was she going to explain any of THIS to them? Her whole life she had always been a bit...abnormal yes but THIS? This was a feather short of a FREAK show!

"They'll help me...I'll go to the doctor!" She muttered rounding the corner and sliding her ID through the register at her gate before she locked it and proceeded to dash up to the house, running inside she dropped her bags

"Okay guys, this is crazy but I need to tell you som-" She blinked flipping the switch on and off slowly....there was no sound and the house was pitch black......where was everyone? Quietly she tried to flip the lights on again to no avail as she gulped slightly and crept around.

"Mom...dad...YO...." She let out a gasped shock as they were all there, just sitting evidently unable to move as their eyes locked on her, in a flash something wheezed past her and blood sprayed everywhere, Arisha opened her eyes horrified to find they were all dead. Slaughtered, to put it lightly, something between a gurgle and a scream escaped her mouth as she looked into their dead eyes before she backed up slowly and ran, fast.

Screaming the entire time blinking back tears the traumatized girl continued dashing from the house. tripping down the steps and running as far away as she could into the forest, the tears streaming down her face the entire way.

Next Morning-Present Time

Arisha hyperventilated whimpering, she didn't know what was going on or who to call, she couldn't necessarily call the police, how could she explain what happened to them? How did she know they weren't INVOLVED? Wiping her eyes she whimpered again before she heard a stick crack, gasping she stood up quickly but did her best to do it as quietly as possible listening.

Her ears picked up hissing noises and she felt her heartbeat quicken as she backed away from the tree when she heard another stick snap she ran for all it was worth never looking behind her, leaping over logs and running deep into the heart of the woods Arisha panted but continued to run. The trees passed by in a blur and she nearly stumbled again but managed to keep her footing, without warning she felt her arm begin to burn, the glow from before came back and Arishas entire being was engulfed before she felt herself being flung seemingly.

She winced and curled up as she felt her body shaking, it was like she was strapped to a roller coaster, she couldn't breathe she wanted to scream and the fear was clutching her in it's grip all in one blow. The last thing Arisha could remember was smashing into the ground so hard she thought she would die and then fading out of consciousness.

"Where am I? What's going on?" Those two questions ran through her mind a million times before she blinked shocked, she was staring into the faces of strangers. Stricken with fear, she was sure she was going to die as she jumped up, looking around she realized she was in an apartment and one she certainly hadn't been in before
...Oh god

SHE WAS KIDNAPPED!!!!

Arisha started to hyperventilate again when a man appeared in the room, her mouth hit the floor in pure shock. This place, these people...this man, it must have been some....unknown drug induced coma effect she was experiencing. or maybe she was already dead like her parents and Yoshi. Just as she prepared to open her mouth, it happened again, that helpless free falling experience she squeezed her eyes shut, hoping to block out any possible pain she was about to experience.

Nothing...no sharp, dull.....even blunt short pains attacked her body, without warning she opened her eyes and gasped at the destruction before her. Everything had fallen apart even the SUN was demented and morphed in appearance, backing away she covered her face, feeling her brain about to explode she rounded on the man

"What the HELL have you done!?" She exclaimed

XxXDreamstressXxX
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!