Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

I've had enough of Vampires and Werewolves

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

I've had enough of Vampires and Werewolves

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:43 am

Give credit to witches. Or what other creatures out there.
Come on now, people keep on creating too many RPs that they just go to waste. Space wasters that's what I call them. I've had the same mistakes as well that's why I've learned. It's not that my RPs lack good story. They just lack exposure.

Anyway, I'm here to look for good and dedicated RPers who would want to co-create or join these following RP ideas:

1. Witch RP- Witches of the new generation, where in their bloodlines have left them a unique trait. They would have the destiny to meet in order to survive. College and working students as their occupations.

2. Hawaii- Summer jobs for college students, summer school trip in Hawaii either way, it will lead to a map and treasure hunting.

3. Elizabethan/ Shakespearean Period RP- all those dresses and horses. Love story of course. I want to add a bit of comedy.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: I've had enough of Vampires and Werewolves

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:45 am

Just a reminder, Roleplayers Wanted is for already-existed games that are looking for players. Interest Checks is for discussion and drumming up interest for potential games. I've moved this. Thanks!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:04 am

Oh sorry about that. Thanks for the reminder.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:47 am

bumping

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:49 pm

I'd like to see how the witches one would work out. Interested!

Basta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:18 am

YEY! For Skulblaka for being interested. I'm up to discuss it ^_^ I'll PM you

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:43 am

bumpers

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:28 am

Bumpity bump bump

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lukisod on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:44 pm

I agree that vampires and warewolves is overused in RP. I personally don't see their appeal.

Witches sounds cool enough. Would I get to burn said witches?
"Perhaps we should perform a study on the effectiveness of studies?"

Lukisod
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:07 pm

Witches sound good to me :D With maybe some creatures we don't see to often - selkies and gnomes and unicorns (because who doesn't love unicorns?). Okay... maybe not the unicorns... But yea >> fo sho on the witches.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:53 am

@Lukisod- yes you may. you can even bake them or grill them. PM me and will be planning the RP
@Silverclawed- LOL! We love unicorns but they should find a new RP.

I'll just pm the two of you. I've got another RPer whose interested. I was wondering how we can all talk together first before creating the official RP. Any ideas?

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:01 am

Well, we could always use this thread :D

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lukisod on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:27 am

Awesome sauce. I guess the standard plot line is Witch Y is hunted by Player X or simply taking another plot and replacing "Character X" with "Witch Y".

If I could find my old D&D notes I have a few pages just of skeleton plots that need only be fleshed out with context, characters and settings. I'll try to dig it out later today and put down some ideas.

As to how to discuss, yeah, we should just keep the discussion here on the thread.

Lukisod
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:01 pm

I like the Elizabethan idea I am not much into anything modern.
Worlds without end visualised, sketched, and written. From my mind and imagination to yours.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:30 am

I was thinking modern witch. Like in NY. (though I'm not american so I have limited knowledge of NY).
Like a class that made the students interested with voodoos, witchcraft etc. When us the RPers found out that we've been in a lineage of witches.
Something like that. I don't want flying brooms. Just hocus pocus. More like the Craft without them fighting each other.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lukisod on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:16 am

Alright... how's this for a plots:

Elizabethan era London. A group of young noble teens begin to dabble in witchcraft out of boredom. Unbeknownst to them, they are the decedents of witches who are actually capable of performing the rituals and begin to screw around with things. At first it's harmless fun. Then a little mischief, but one of the members gets cocky and starts to perform ever larger and larger spells until he does something so grand it attracts attention to him. Suddenly the church is looking for this person. He goes to his friends for help and together they flee from persecution across the country side. Out here they meet new challenges as they were used to the life of luxury they had before. Tempers flair as they trek across the lands under constant pursuit, to a place they had only heard of vaguely spoken of of their books. A place where the ancient traditions of Celts have kept witchcraft alive in a remote place to the north.

So for that we'd need just need to play the main characters. The other people in the world can be brought in and controlled by us as necessarily in our posts. If someone brings in, say one of our mothers, that NPC is considered theirs to RP.

Thoughts?

Lukisod
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:32 am

Lukisod.............

I love the idea

oh and this image is the perfect avatar for the RP IMO:

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:54 am

I like it too.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:02 am

Lukisod, can you take charge in creating the RP itself. If you must know, I'm not American. please take the liberty to create the RP I'm really bad with making introductions. I speak and write and know English perfectly but their are times that I have difficulty in expressing my thoughts since it's not my first language. So whatcha say?
I can just be a co-Gm together with silver clawed.

However, I'm having second thought on the setting of the story itself. Should we stick in the old times or make it modern like the present time witches? I'm torn. Can you give me pros and cons on which to choose? LOL.

OH and people! Join us please! We need male and female characters!!!!!!! Villains and heroes!

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PeTeTe809 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:06 am

*wanders around the many posts, his attention is enticed, the intersting growing in his eyes, his expresions.*

Damn... Lukisod has a plan... Most definetly interested.

Has a whole lot of poetential, I can see how the story might start out simple, almost trivial then turn into something more interesting until it turns into a very serious matter for the characters.

Im definetly interested into this.

*Brains start working on ideas.*

The victorian era sounds pretty nice to me... If that where to happen in a modern setting, the church would probably be chasing them with SUV''s and guns... Not all whitches are bullet proof... Unless you have that knowledge...

My stupid opinion...
Insert Kick Ass Signature.

PeTeTe809
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!