Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Handful of Dust

A Handful of Dust

a part of “A Handful of Dust”, a fictional universe by supertoastgirl.

Dust, a settlement in the high desert is flipped into political, personal and ethical debate when newcomers step within their bounds.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Handful of Dust”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: A Handful of Dust

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:53 am

Screw going to Texas, I wish I could live in Texas. Massachusetts is full of people who don't know their ass from their elbows. MCAS is no fun to take every year, and Texas is perhaps the most logical of any state.
"The Redeemer has risen!"
Image"It is not living that matters, but Living rightly."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:14 pm

... I actually don't really know any stereotypes about Texans.. Besides everything being big.
Anyway, I'm going to put up a first post tonight, even though not everyone is finished, that way things just won't fade over here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Army.of.One on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Yay first post!! :)

Army.of.One
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:17 pm

POSTED!!
First post is up, m'loves. Have at it.
Eventually I'll actually time skip to an event or something, as for now just familiarize the area and characters. If you have any questions just PM me. I won't be able to write anything substantial, but I will be able to respond to PMs and OOC stuff.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleMissGeorgia on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:52 pm

Sorry for being so useless at posting this week. I figured I had ages to finish Maisy and contemplate my first posts, because you were out of town. But then on Wednesday I (embarrassingly) hurt my foot by walking into a stand in a shop :P And then on Thursday I got stomach flu. So I haven't had the best week :P

But I've spent all of today finishing Maisy (Female 2) and she's all done. As always, let me know if there's anything I need to change. So now I can post for them both! :)

LittleMissGeorgia
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Army.of.One on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:24 pm

Sorry I have disappeared too! I've had a busy few days. But I am hoping to get a post up either tonight or sometime tomorrow!!

Army.of.One
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleMissGeorgia on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:33 am

Okay my post for Maisy is up, Hannah coming soon.

I tried to use Maisy's post to get the current situation, lay out of the village, time of day, basically all the specifics straight in my head so it was clear. But if I've got anything wrong, let me know and I'll fix it :)

LittleMissGeorgia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:43 am

Great, great!! I'm literally in the airport right now to head home. The posts so far have been lovely. I probably get to posting in the next couple of days.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleMissGeorgia on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:14 pm

I'm so glad this has started. I loved describing the summery setting in Maisy's post. It made me feel like I was on holiday abroad. Like I could just step out into the tropical warmth, even though its freezing out. It was so nice. Can't wait for summer :)

Has anyone heard from the person playing Female 1, MissBrightside_? Do you know if she'd planning to finish her WIP?

LittleMissGeorgia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MissBrightside_ on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:15 pm

@LittleMissGeorgia, Hey, I'm really sorry I haven't had the time to finish off my girl - I've had some bad family problems - but I'm still definitely in this roleplay (Can't get rid of me that easily ;D) and have just finished my girl.

MissBrightside_
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:06 pm

I accepted her!

By the way guys, these posts are looking great. Keep up the good work! :}

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleMissGeorgia on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:41 pm

MissBrightside, Elenor looks great :) Don't worry about the late submission, I just wanted to check everyone was still around.

For your post, in my post for Hannah I said that she and jack were outside the house. Hannah was leaning against it. Only Peter, her brother, is inside. So unless Elenor really wasn't looking where she was going, she'd probably have seen them rather than knocked on the door?

EDIT: Actually, don't worry. I'll just slightly edit mine so they're our of sight from the front.
Last edited by LittleMissGeorgia on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

LittleMissGeorgia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Army.of.One on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Wahhh, I need to post. Thankfully I have tomorrow off from work!! Expect my posts tomorrow!!!

Army.of.One
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleMissGeorgia on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:45 pm

Great :) So then all we need is a post from Bandgeek and we've fully started with posts from everyone :)

LittleMissGeorgia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Army.of.One on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Wes' post is up, going to work on William's now!!

Army.of.One
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby conspicuousconartist on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Yeah sorry guys, spring break has been alittle crazy for me.

conspicuousconartist
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenix_lynx on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:19 am

Sorry guys, I had my exam, I'll post ASAP.
When snow melts, what does it become?

phoenix_lynx
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Inspiration Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Army.of.One on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:09 pm

I'm not sure what I want to do with William yet. I've started his post but haven't finished it.

Army.of.One
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleMissGeorgia on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:27 pm

I'll be posting back for Maisy definitely tonight. Hannah, if I get time.

LittleMissGeorgia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:07 pm

Ahah! Sorry that Marley is so disruptive, but she just kind of writes herself.

But anyway I look forward to reading these posts!!

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!