Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Harrowing Halloween

Harrowing Halloween

a part of “Harrowing Halloween”, a fictional universe by Abrielle.

A group of teenagers find themselves trapped in Tim Burton's Halloweentown for an entire year.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Harrowing Halloween”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Harrowing Halloween

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abrielle on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:46 pm

"Harrowing Halloween"

Here's the original idea for the storyline:

This group of teenagers finds Halloween Town, but once the clock strikes midnight, they're stuck there. No way out.
At first, they can live with it. The citizens, while scary, are kind of friendly in their own way for the most part.
However, it doesn't take long for someone to start making threats. For some reason, said antagonist doesn't like having these humans around.

Some citizens start to mysteriously disappear while others are slaughtered inside of their homes or on the streets because they're known to fraternize with the humans.

Who is this mysterious killer/kidnapper? Why does he/she dislike humans so much?
What are the humans doing that is so taboo? -Abrielle

---

The secondary idea for the storyline:

The holidays goes to war against each other, they grew tired of sharing, the first holiday on the brink of destruction is Halloween, and so the citizens of halloween town recruit the only force that no holiday can over come.......teenagers.

I know it's getto, but that's the only thing that came to my mind that sounded some what, at least a little, interesting. -deathrisesagain

---

This is the 'finalized' idea for the storyline:

To go along with death's idea of the Holiday Towns recruiting teenagers, we could have a really, really large group of teenagers enter the forest where all seven of the different holiday doors are opened and each teenager chooses which door they want to go through out of curiosity, then focus the story in Halloween Town.
Or, perhaps given the nature of the other Holiday Towns, it's simply Halloween Town that wants to fight for more seasonal time, and they're the one's who leave their door open to the teenagers on Halloween night, luring them there with trails of candy or something. After all, Hinterlands (the forest where the Holiday Town portals are located) are very separate from urbanized regions.

After midnight, the teens become trapped inside of the towns without proper knowledge of how to escape. (Perhaps, the only way to escape is to wait one whole year when the door will open again--- on the reverse side, their parents would be worried sick and not know there whereabouts for a whole year... That's how Tim Burton would have wanted it. Hah!)

Perhaps these teenagers are told that they can not leave until Halloween of next year, and after that, they're expected to come back a every time there is a new holiday, get in, mess things up before midnight at designated holiday town, and leave, so they can repeat the process until Halloween is the only cherished holiday left.

But, within Halloween town, there is perhaps someone who thinks this idea is completely, horribly wrong (perhaps a Sally-esque character) and will do everything in their power to put a stop to it. -Abrielle

Original interest in the topic was Verkisto.
Last edited by Abrielle on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Abrielle
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Harrowing Halloween

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Purpl3_Flam3s on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:50 pm

Are you going to make a skelly?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Purpl3_Flam3s
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abrielle on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:34 pm

At the moment, I do not have plans to.

I do have one character from the original, though. Lock, one of the twerpy kids. He'll be much older now.

Abrielle
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArhaHitomi888 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Do our characters get Halloweentown-ified? Such as gaining a monsteresque appearance?
My name is Alice, feel free to call me that! <3
YouTube / DeviantArt / tumblr / Free internet

ArhaHitomi888
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kexia on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Do you think Medusa is too freaky to be Halloweeny, or would that work?

kexia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abrielle on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:45 pm

As far as I figured, I didn't think that the teenagers would gain moster-like appearance, however it would seem feasible that after staying in the town for a year, they would develop a scary appearance. I think that'd be a fun plot twist.

I'm not sure the plot would flow with your character of Medusa if she turned everyone she talked to to stone. However if it was just her snake-hair, etc. without the ability to kill everybody, then you could have that character for sure!

Abrielle
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kexia on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm

I was thinking since everyone in the town was dead anyway, other than the teens, it might work. If she was communicating with the teens, she could wear some kind of glasses or something that would shield her eyes. Or she could just be medusa without the turning to stone part.

kexia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abrielle on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:28 pm

Perhaps her ability is something she can turn on and off?

Either way, I'm sure you'll be able to make it work.

The fact that everyone in town is dead already would work. Although, I'm not sure that they're dead, but I don't think that they're living either. What a strange conundrum.

Abrielle
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abrielle on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Hey, kexia, would you like to start playing Medusa with Lock?

That way, we can get started, while still waiting for others to join in with their teenagers.

I'm about to go put up a roleplayers wanted board. Wish me luck.

Abrielle
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kexia on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Sure, give me a few minutes to make myself some dinner and I'll get to work on it. We should have a good turnout; there were a lot of people that were interested in the Interest Check. I'll think we'll be good to go, once everyone gets a chance to figure out who they want to be! :)

kexia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kexia on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Oh, also for clarification, is this first day going to actually be Halloween or no?

Edit! Never mind. I can read. :D

kexia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Honey on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Oh, my.
This idea. It's fantastic.
Is this something closed off for only certain players or is it open? I'd love to join in; it sounds wonderful! Maybe a twisted, Doctor Finklestein type character? Or a vampire type. A witch maybe? My brain is on a rampage.

Honey
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abrielle on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:02 pm

kexia, it could be the morning of halloween, that way we don't have too much time-skipping to do.

Hello, Honey. Everything is fair game as long as of right now.

We have two teenage characters right now. Medusa, and Lock (from the original movie, but older) for in-town characters right now. :) I'm glad to see you have some interest!

Abrielle
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kexia on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:16 pm

First post is up! Sorry it's short. I get nervous and freak myself out when I have to start stories. Haha.

kexia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abrielle on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:43 pm

I have made my reply. ;) Enjoy! This is going to be so much fun. I can already tell.

Abrielle
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathrisesagain on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:33 pm

I apologize everyone, but it seems i'm out of this rp. I hope everyone has fun.
And on the eighth day, Death said "Let the killing begin!"

deathrisesagain
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abrielle on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:47 pm

How come you're not gonna participate, death?

You're the one who said you didn't like people telling you they had interest and then dropping out? It seems silly to do the same thing as what you dislike. ^^

Abrielle
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kexia on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:00 pm

What, death?! Get in on this madness!

kexia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathrisesagain on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:18 pm

It's the simple fact that i don't do Multi-para rps. they are boring, and in my experience, never work out. I don't like limits on posts, just as long as there's no one-lining. If you require someone to multi-para, they tend to get bored and stressed of it and end up leaving. But if you leave it open, then they stay more, because they're not under the stress of meeting the minimum post required.
You take that one thing away and i'm more then willing to join. But in my 17 years experience, multi-para never works out.

deathrisesagain
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abrielle on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Don't worry about it, dude. If everyone's having fun, it's not gonna matter. I'm not a crazy-enforcer person. ~.~ We'll have teh funzies.

Abrielle
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!