Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abstract on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:15 am

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Juliet, but I am just called Jules by most. I joined this forum because I have always been interested in the Roleplaying Games (like D&D), but don't have any friends that share that interest. Being the somewhat of a coward, I never looked for any people who did. So here I am now, ready to start. So I am entirely new to this... but I am willing to learn. I am also a member of another few roleplaying sites, one of them being the Roleplayer Guild.
-A little about me-
I am fifteen, and live in america at the moment, but came from an english family. I have written several novels, and work on a local school magazine. I am an aspiring artist and musician, and tend to watch a bunch of geeky tv shows from the eighties. Now I do use my Iphone at times, seeing that I have to share both a bedroom and a computer with my twin sister, so I might have a couple errors in my posts at times. Even when that happens, I tend to catch them and correct them as soon as I can.
I hope that I did well on my introductory post, and do justice to this forum.
Yours truly,
Jules.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Abstract
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hello...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tristan_cross on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Welcome to RPG! I'm Charlie AKA Tristan, and it's nice to meet ya! There's lots of way's to learn here perhaps the fastest way is The Role Play Academy. Also anyone with a Dark Blue name would be happy yo answer any questions you might have, so would the people with Green names! Many of us started off here, I didn't though but I learned a lot from here! Well once again welcome and I hope to see you around!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tristan_cross
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Group Theory Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:37 pm

Hey there, Jules! Or Juliet. Or Abstract? I like Jules as a name, to be honest. (:

Anyways, I'm Sato (ViceVersus) one of the long-running members here at RolePlayGateway. Looks like you've already been given an enthusiastic greeting by one of our fantastic users, Tristan_cross. Definitely check out that link if you think you want to learn more about the fine craft of writing.

If you're on the hunt for people who have similar interests to you -- then look no further! RPGateway is one of the largest and most-active text-based roleplaying websites out there on the net! I love seeing that you love music, art, and writing as well. Why? Because I'm a Designer here 'round these parts, and I hold the keys to the Creative Realm a place to post your original work.

There are three subforums to poke around in -- Artwork, Music, and Writing. It's a good place to get feedback, commentary, critique, or just straight praise!

Why'm I pouncing on giving you the link so quickly? Well, the Designer team is accepting applications. There's that, too. Check out the link in my signature if you're interested.

Back on track a bit more, let me just say "welcome" one more time, and let you know that if you have any questions at all, just shove 'em here and I'll get around to answering!

Hope to see you again!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Greetings Abstract and welcome to RolePlayGateway,

I'll second what Sato said, Jules is a great name! Also, awesome on the D&D. I'm a rather large fan myself, and am often involved in games offline

If you ever get the mind to try and find offline groups, around here I find most of my games through the local comic book store. There's usually several games being hosted at the store a week, and I know other comic/gaming stores in the area do similar things. May be a good place for you to try and scrounge a group up in your area.

Anyways, in the meanwhile, welcome and enjoy, and I wish you the best of luck in getting settled in. I hope you find the place to your liking. :)

- Tiko
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!