Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hey

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hey

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dervivaire on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:58 pm

Ok, I'm really new to this, not just to the site but RPing too, I've had a little experience with RPs before, but only one of them and I kinda had to drop out partway through due to some IRL stuff keeping me too busy to keep up with it. I've just stumbled across this site and thought that I'd try and get back into this stuff again :D Anyway, hopefully I'll do much better on here :) Hi everyone ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dervivaire
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hey

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Here are some links that may be of interest to you!

Most importantly are the RPG Rules. There are only five so have a look!

If you have questions regarding role-play that need answering, feel free to check out the Role-Play Academy for all of your needs! You can also find there the Library, a collection of guides and articles on everything role-play!

Any concerns you have with the site itself can be brought to the The Help Forum. Make sure to check whether or not the answer to your question has already been said before posting a new thread.

Last is the Role-Play Gateway Chat where all of the chat role-play and off topic chatter takes place. If you're having problems on working the chat, this should be of assistance: A Simple Beginner's Guide to RolePlayGateway's Chat System.

Welcome to Role-Play Gateway Dervivaire! And it's okay if you're new to role-play because there are numerous people here that are in the same boat as you. With that said, I'm positive that you'll be able to find a role-play to suit your needs - and isn't too difficult or demanding. If you have any questions feel free to Private Message me and ask. ^.^

~ Maestro ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Ello to you, Dervivaire! I'm pretty new to this site myself. I wanted to welcome you, even though I see Maestro has beaten me to the punch. There's a great amount of wonderful roleplays around here. I'm just about to start one of my own. If you're up for apocalyptic-esque situations, shoot me a message, and I'll send you the link. Even if you would rather play one on one sometime, I'm up for it. I'll go for just about any idea. I kow how it is about having to drop due to real life, though, believe me. If it didn't get in the way, I'd be here all the time. Anyway, I hope you have fun on the site! It's been pretty cool, in my opinion.
[Thank you, Master!]
I am to love, honour, cherish, obey
Until my death and beyond my decay.

Cer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dervivaire on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:49 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, it's nice to see that even the new members are saying hi to me.
And I might have to take you up on that Cer, sounds pretty interesting :)
I've been thinking of starting my own RP set in another galaxy (I got severely bored one day and spent its entirety designing an empire and many alien species), but I'm worried that I lack the experience to do so :/ Though with simply taking part in RPs, I'm open to pretty much anything too :)

Dervivaire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:52 am

Hellooooooo! XD
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dervivaire on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:55 am

Hello there Sko :) Are you new here too by any chance?

Dervivaire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:58 am

Oh god no. XD

I've been around here for a little over a year despite what it says beneath my name. =P How are you?

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dervivaire on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:08 am

I'm good thanks, going to have to leave in a minute though as I'm off to a wedding :) Just wondering, I've written down my idea for an RP, where should I post the idea for it?

Dervivaire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:37 am

Ooh have fun at the wedding! And you can post it here or here ^^

I'm interested to see what this idea is!

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dervivaire on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Wedding was amazing :) but exhausting XD Can't believe we left at 10:30am to go to it, and got back at 1am XD
And thanks for the links :) I'm going to post it in the interest checks section in a sec :) It's still pretty much a rough idea, but hopefully people will be interested in it :)

Dervivaire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dervivaire on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Right, I've done it :) It's a bit more lengthy than I thought it would be, but oh well, I put as much info in as possible to put across the idea as well as I could :) Anyways, here's the link:
the-deltoine-conflict-t45877.html

Dervivaire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Wow that is a lot to read! XD I will get to work on it right away!

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dervivaire on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:33 am

I tend to go over the top when I talk about my ideas XD Hope you find it interesting ^^

Dervivaire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:02 pm

I'm going to have to go check it out too! Here's mine, if you're interested -> http://www.roleplaygateway.com/fate-compendium-t45779.html Now that my shameless, url linking is done, I'm going to get a cup of tea and check out yours. I'm excited for it already as all my friends have been getting really into space adventures as of late! I also know what you mean on going over the top with ideas. I had to work on mine for at least a week before I toned it down enough to just enough of a plot and a not-too-crazy idea. =)

Cer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dervivaire on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:41 pm

Very interesting :) I'm getting more and more interested every time I read it, I want to know where the plot is going :P I hope you find mine as interesting ^^

Dervivaire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Hello and welcome to RPG. As much as I'd like to click, and read your wonderful RP and then possibly join it, I'm afraid that I'm too busy and, as such, must ignore temptatio----. >>;;

I'm glad to see a new user already bringing in excellent Ideas, and you being new to RPing as well! I am amazed and, if from what Sko has said, you can write well-- I think I might just face desk in complete and utter joy! I hope to see you around, in the forums and chat as well, and such! If you wouldn't mind could you check out my Thread! (click the link, it's a hidden url!). I'm not just some link spammer, I swear, I'm just trying to do my part for new users and, being new to Rping as well, you might find where I plan to take thaat thread interesting!!

Either way, I'd love input, and hope to see you around!

- Saken~.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dervivaire on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Thanks I shall have a look in a minute or two :) I wouldn't say I'm overly good, but I'm over imaginative and I've been writing for a long time, so hopefully my English and ideas will be up to scratch, I just might need help with the whole roleplay side of it :) (by the way, i hadn't noticed the chat xD I will have to look into it soon :D)

Dervivaire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:22 am

Hello, Dervivaire, and welcome to RolePlayGateway!

I see people have posted you to a few roleplays that may interest you. However, to empower you further (and you did mention you are new to roleplay), try our roleplay search feature.

For example, if you want to participate in a roleplay for newbies, click here. You can use that search feature, or the tag cloud, to help narrow down the options to those within your interests. :)

Regards,
Circ
conditio sine qua non

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!