Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Highwaymen Roleplay-Stand and Deliver Reboot

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Highwaymen Roleplay-Stand and Deliver Reboot

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Hello all.

So with Irish Wolf and Varxint's permission I bring you this interest check.

A while ago Irish had a game up and going about highwaymen, the gentleman robber's of the old world.

I bring you a reboot.

Set in the same world as Varxint's privateer game Letter of Marque (one I helped work on and a game that is still going) we will play highwaymen on the Queen's roads.

The world is changing. The pirates are feeling the Queen's hand in the form of her ships on the sea as she strives to protect her investment in the New World and her colonies. At home she has turned her eyes to those who rob from their own. No more will the highwaymen steal from the travellers on her roads. Or will they?

The game will be set in the Old World, namely Wifield. We will come together, all sharing a connection. Whether it be through the famed Hunt Brother's(who are now in hiding) whom you worked with before or through the smooth talking, information gathering Braith or Brennan of the Grange, famed highwayman.

There will be more details if the game goes up but what I need to know is if it is worth putting this all together.

It should be noted that there is a chance of a crossover with Letter of Marque and the crews of the Jade Moon and Obsidian Star.

Things to consider:

Yes, I would like you to play a highwayman but I am willing to discuss characters who work as one of the Queen's men hunting the highwaymen down.

I like to make sure the world affects the characters and will do my best to ensure there is something for you. That being said I am always open to suggestions, I will pull from backgrounds to make the story affect your character.

I do not have a rule for post frequency or length. I expect you to watch the game, I would hope the writing will make it worth reading and give all your posts your best effort.

I have never GM'd a game on my own but I have helped with a few games. If you have any questions for me please ask. Want to know more about the game? Post here, let me know you are interested and ask anything you like. I am on often and answer as quickly as I can.

I have things ready to put a game together, I just need to know it will be worth my time to do it.

Those of you who might see this who played in Stand and Deliver, your characters will be welcomed of course.

Thanks for reading.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Highwaymen Roleplay-Stand and Deliver Reboot

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Genesis Rhapsodos on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:03 pm

If you would have me, I would love to rejoin the fray. I could resurrect Charles and/or start a new character, depending on what you need. I really hope this goes forward!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Genesis Rhapsodos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Of course!

Charles is more than welcome. He and Braith will be able to have a battle of wits and words that will actually lead someplace this time. lol

So far you and Var are in. With me that is three. Irish can't anytime soon. Work is just too much.

I have plans and things already thought out. If I get enough people interested I will have it up this weekend.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:07 pm

Sounds wondersul Skulls. I really enjoyed Gwen and Rooster whilst I had them, and maybe now I can give the enigmatic Rooster more face time eh? :)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:09 pm

Sounds like a plan Koh :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:55 pm

I could PM you about this, but I think other people might be interested in the same thing as me, so I'll go ahead and put it here. What is the starting point? What is the gameplay direction? I'm interested in crafting a character, but I'd rather work toward the plot when making him.

And as a personal disclosure, I highly recommend Skulls for her dedication to the games she's in, the quality of her writing, her ability to advance plot, and her excellent communication skills. She'll make a great GM, I have no doubt.

Monroe
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Okay, good question. The first part of the plot will be surrounding the new bill signed by the Queen before she left for the colonies. The group will come together and Braith will be informing them that one of the men at court, someone particularily close to the Queen has managed to convince her to come down on highwaymen. It seems a new band of robbers have forgotten the "gentlemen" aspect and become rather murderous and giving all highwaymen a rather bad name.

This is bad for everyone. For almost a decade they have managed to carry out their robberies, leaving few corpses in their wake and being "tolerated" by the Queen. Sure, her men hunt them down when there are enough complaints but the tides are turning.

The group will be told of this new bill, that some highwaymen have already been strung from the gallows or shot down in the road without warning. Does the group go after this new band of robbers who have brought the unwelcome attention?

At the same time a tantillizing "mark" will appear, a new arrival in Wifield about to take up residence in a rather large manor. Does the group hit this target first, before they are nothing more than bodies in the road and more fodder for the Queen's wrath? Do they rob them or warn them?

I want the overacrching issue to be that the world is changing, the Queen is unhappy with the pirates on the sea and the highwaymen on her roads. She is being pushed and advised by those who have her ear to do something about them, to preserve all those under her crown.

I hope to bring in things from characters backgrounds as well, small obstacles that will come up.

I hope that answers your question Monroe and anyone else who might have been wondering the same thing. If you need more clarifying or have more questions please feel free to ask.

This will be set up in a tab so that characters can be submitted and we have a dedicated OOC. I will likely have an IC that will be in the forum, thus allowing for emails to let people know of posts.

As of right now, I have four people interested. That is enough to make me begin work on it. I am hoping for a few more before I fully commit to the work of putting the tab up.

Also, thank you for the recommendation Monroe. :) Between you, Varxint and Irish I seem to have a great deal of support and it is really appreciated. Knowing that Koh and Genesis are willing to join in means a great deal as well. Thank you, all of you. *blushing profusely*

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:59 pm

Sounds excellent. I'll start thinking about my highwayman character.

Monroe
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Nice. Like to see you take the idea and run with it. Braith was a lot of fun. Looking forward to working with you to revive him.

There is no doubt in my mind that you will be a very entertaining GM to write with.

varxint
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Oh well...you people certainly know how to make a girl blush in embarassment. I am really, really glad you are on board Var. Thank you again for letting me use the world we put together for Letter of Marque and I can't wait to collaborate with you on the intrigue. I loved Braith and look forward to his silver tongue in this game.

Monroe, so happy you are making a character. Tab will be up for character submissions this weekend.

I have four people and would welcome a few more if you guys know anyone who might be interested.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:41 am

Hoping to get some time this weekend to get the tab up and going. If not it will be Monday afternoon/evening. I am working out the details and hoping I haven't forgotten anything. I hope you are all on board and anybody who might have lurked the interest check and aren't sure yet pm me any questions or concerns.

Nervous and excited to get this off the ground.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:40 pm

So the tab is up.

Title was changed since the site was giving me issues.

Here is the link. Consider the interest check closed. There will be a roleplayers wanted thread up later tonight.

roleplay/the-gentlemen-robbers/

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!