Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hogwarts (IC) The Magic of You

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Re: Hogwarts (IC) The Magic of You

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pioneercadet on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:23 pm

James slowly walked down the length of the train, trying to find a mostly empty compartment in vain. He searched for nearly the entire length of the train, seeing either crowded compartments full of noisy students telling the not-so-thrilling tales of their summer away from the school. Not being able to find a seat was frustrating to James, but he had to keep his cool. There was no reward in getting angry over a lack of seating. It happened constantly on the train.

Finally, near the very rear of the train, he found a compartment. All that was found inside was an open trunk, and, exactly across from where Peinao had placed his trunk, was a young girl. He paused outside of the compartment, his stance wide from the jostling train as it rolled over the tracks.

(OOC: there i edited my post... )
Last edited by pioneercadet on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyraiYuki on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Blaine growled as he stomped his way back down the length of the train, his right hand slowly moving out to grip onto his one-of a kind, and rather 'cool' looking wand. It was a deep white, and had a number of glowing yellow runes in the sides of the design, a long silvery-white feather at the end of it, and a large, thick dragon bone which had a deep black color, hidden inside it.

The Ravenclaw Head-Boy gripped the wand in such a way as to make it much easier on the hand to twist it and flick the tip of the wand. He then did so, his right hand twisting the top of the hand and then flicking it in such a way as to cause all the doors on the part of the train he was on to fly open with a startling slam. He turns his head as he walks down the row of bewildered youths of all sizes.

His voice would take on a very authoritive tone, his lips forming into a lop-sided smirk as he turns his head to glare into the compartments. He places the tip of his wand at the side of his throat, as he speaks loudly and clearly "Son-OH-rus!" causing his voice to radiate around the entire surface area of the train. He spoke, or shouted..maybe "Listen carefully. Unless you are going to change into your hogwarts robes,then you shall NOT close the entrances to the compartments, thank you. We should arrive at Hogwarts soon. You have..two minutes to change into your rooms. Anyone who is NOT in said garments by then..you have one week worth of detention.." he hissed, glaring at each and every student as he walked past, before a wave of his wand closed the doors. He then shouts "Time starts..NOW"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KyraiYuki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:24 pm

Rigel blinked at the revelation that the girl was not, indeed, a formal Quidditch player, although apparently she held some vague interest in the sport.
Then she had mentioned she was the cousin of the old Captain, Zephyr.

"Ahh, Zeph?", he inquired rhetorically, now falling back against his chair and reminiscing about team practise...

There had been one day when they had inclement weather... naturally, the teams had given up their practise days...

Except for the Ravenclaw Gryffindor team.

"On the pitch, everyone!"

It was in his fourth year, and snow was falling hard and fast. Already he had built up an amount of the white stuff upon his exterior.

"Rigel, take your position, you're up first."

They were doing normal things; flying around the pitch, dodging Bludgers aimed to them by the Beaters, and trying to get the Quaffles into the goal posts. Zeph had passed him the ball, and Rigel had mounted up on his old vintage Firebolt, ascended, and flew towards the Ravenclaw Keeper at the other end of the pitch. He felt the ball slipping from between his hands... Rigel had nearly dropped the ball, and finally, he had thrown. The sloppy fling proved to be lucky; as the ball rotated in the air towards the posts, the Keeper lunged, spreading out hands and arms...

And then it was over. The ball had flown in, and he had scored.

"Yes!", he muttered under his breath, in obvious fond memory of that occasion. His eyes were glazed over, and he was staring blankly at the ceiling. His wand was jiggling slightly with the train's slight movements.

And then the Ravenclaw Head-Boy came and alarmed everyone with his announcement. Rigel fell out of his reverie rather quickly.

Having changed before he had even gotten upon the train, he did not respond to the pronouncement with a flurry of movement, but rather proper-ee-pised himself up, waiting for the Express to stop at Hogwarts.

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emmacgp9 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:24 pm

Syeja looked up from her book at the annoucment, she had changed into her robes as soon as she could, 'cuse all her muggle clothes looked snobish. She hated looking lik a snob, as snobs look prep, and if she was anything she was NOT a prep. She started getting her stuff together, out of reflex. She looked at the boy, no um, she couldn't remeber his name. She said "what year r u in?" feelng she should at least try to be polite, and being a little curios.
98% teens would die if myspace died, if u r 1 of the 2% percent, who would laugh in there face, put this in your sig.

95% teens listen to rap, if u r 1 of the 5% that listens to rock, metal, or 1 of the other genre put this in your sig.

Live, Love, Laugh (ALOT!!)

emmacgp9
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Simon barely looked up when he heard the Head Boy's announcement. He had dressed in his robes earlier on. Everything about the Muggle world seemed so mundane to him so he dressed in wizard clothing as soon as he could He looked up at the girl's question. Did she tell him her name? He forgot. He replied to her question, "I'm in third year. What's your name again?"
He looked up when he heard a hissing noise. He turned to the cage he had kept on his left, hiding it from the view of the other students. He said calmly, "We're almost there, Fang. Just be patient. There'll be plenty of rats to eat at the castle."

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkSea on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:19 pm

((I'm sorry, pioneercadet, are you refering to sitting in the same compartment that Peiano was currently sitting in? Because if so you would be sitting on my leg.))

Yawning Amala swung her legs down and sat up, stretching her arms out wide. The annoying announcement had woken her up. And, it had alerted her to the fact that she had not yet put on her robes. Quickly Amala grabbed her robes and ran to the washroom, throwing them on. Now, she left the washroom and walked back to her seat and SweetPea. For a bonus she felt very releaved from having gotten changing out of the way, and she thought the robes looked stunning on her. So, reaching into her pants pocket, she took out two pink hair-ties and used them to put her hair into pony-tails.

Sighing, Amala picked up her cat's carrier and plopped it onto her lap, and then looked out the window. Silently she pulled out her wand and got rid of all previous spells, except repero. Her watch would need to stay fixed. Lost in thought again, she continued to stare outside, and slipped the wand away. Mesmerized by the swirling colors made by objects passing by.
"For the first nineteen years of my life nothing happened. Nothing at all. Not ever. And then I met a man called The Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end." -Rose Tyler

DarkSea
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:11 am

Matthias looked up when one of the Prefects made the announcement to don their robes. Sighing to himself and placing the bladestaff leaning against the opposite seats, Matthias fumbled through his mass of luggage until he found the robes. Slipping out of his tunic and trousers, Matthias put on the robe and shifted to get comfortable. He liked the Hogwarts robes, but they offered a bit of restricted movement. That was the uncomfortable part. In his tunic, there were no sleeves, so his arms were free to move as they pleased. His trousers were light and baggy, and gave his legs plenty of room to maneuver.

Having put his robes on and put his old outfit back in his bag, Matthias grabbed his wand, slipped it onto his belt, and left his compartment. There were many students in the aisles of the cars, but not many he knew. They must be already in their compartments. As he walked by each little room, he looked inside and glanced at the people in them. More than a few times he'd had to look back to the aisles because there was a girl getting changed. He didn't want to invade their privacy. Continuing walking, Matthias reached the Ravenclaw cars and turned back. HE didn't really like going in others' cars. It just felt...weird.

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emmacgp9 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:05 am

"my names Syeja. What house r u in? I hope I'll be in Gryfindor, my family is mostly in Slytheirin and Ravenclaw. Oh, what's your name again? I have a really bad memory when it comes to names. Is it true that the 2nd-7th years go to the castle in carraiges pulled by flesh eating horses? Oh, sorry, if I'm talking to much just ignore me, I'm just nervous." at that she started fidgeting with a pagefrom the book she was reading.

emmacgp9
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakma-ShadowAngel on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:27 am

Tiki looked up wondering how much longer till they be at the school. He could only srug as he went back to playing his guitar.

Drakma-ShadowAngel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:08 pm

James Potter simply smiled happy that Vender was unconscious although he knew he would wake up he hoped by than they would be in their house's for the night safe from crazy maniac's." Yeah were fine that bully is unconscious but it wasn't me I just started a fire his girlfriend blasted him into a wall" Linay ignored James comment about blasting Vender into a train wall, she did of course but it wasn't on purpouse.

"I can't wait Kelsey maybe I can be Seeker Also I've been playing Seeker sense my first year except last year of course I got injured by Vender accidently! It's just because his dad is the minister" He said quiter"If he wasn't he would have been expelled the teachers practically worshiped him. If my grandpa was head-master he wouldn't put up with this crap. Anyway I hope I make it as seeker this year and this team I'll have a shield charm in case Vender accidently tries to hex me again"

He knew Vender would avoid the detention somehow and he would end up with one for defending himself and the other first years. he wondered when they would arrive. He got another chocolate frog" Do you want any pumkin juice Kelsey?
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:30 pm

Peinao hurried back to his compartment, robes on and his wand in one of the inner pockets. As he ran down the aisle, he passed the compartment the bully was in. He caught a glimpse of someone unconcious. He hoped it was the bully. Opening the door, he flew back into his compartment and thumped down on the seat. He was startled by the appearance of a boy in the compartment, and instinctively jerked back. Hitting his head on the wall behind the seat, he doubled over and clutched the back of his skull. After a few seconds, his open hand shot out towards the boy and stopped about a foot in front of his. "Hello. Who're you?" He gasped out.
(((̴̵̹И̜̏̀͂̅ɐ̴̵͍͍͍̹᷈n̴̵̴̵̹̹᷈᷈o͈̼̜͌͋̐ṕ̴̵̹᷄᷇᷈h҉я͈̼Ǝ̷͚̯̺̐ɐ̶̜̺̗̑҉k)))
(((k҉ɐ̶̜̺̗̑Ǝ̷͚̯̺̐я͈̼h҉͈̼̜͌͋̐ṕ̴̵̴̵̴̵̹̹̹᷄᷇᷈᷈o̴̵̴̵̹̹᷈᷈n͂̅ɐ̴̵̴̵͍͍͍̹̹᷈И̴̵̹)))

このプログラムは、心を持っている。
I can smile.
I am human.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:26 pm

"I'm Simon," he told the girl, feeling a little annoyed at having to repeat himself. He raised an eyebrow at her house of choice, "Gryffindor? From my experience, they are fools that rush in and cast hexes and ask questions later if they ever get that far. I'm in Slytherin. Ambition and cunning is what will get you far in life." He paused for a moment before continuing, "Sorry if I offended you. I was just leading Salazar Slytherin's autobiography."

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pioneercadet on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:38 pm

(OOC: sorry i edited that too because apparently i misinterpret everything. appartantly you and him are in the same compartment and i will adjust accordingly)

James looked at them both, completely shocked that he had both a boy and a girl in the compartment. He looked at Amala, contemplating whether to be nice, but he soon found himself glaring at the boy.

"Well, I am a Huffelpuff, if that is what you wanted to know. I was just looking for a seat," he said bluntly, his usually warm look becoming less than friendly. He, although a little annoyed, still hoped that this retort would not cost him, especially when his wand was a good couple of seconds away, tucked in his belt.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valentina on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Rory threw a momentary glance in Rigel’s direction in the midst of sorting through her bag, as he apparently knew who Zephyr was. After retrieving “The Daily Prophet” and placing it beside her—she hadn’t even checked the front page yet—the girl was startled from the sound of an amplified voice, sounding clearly into her compartment. She didn’t know who this person was, or what authority they were operating on, but she figured that there was no point in trying to argue; regardless, she would have to change into her appropriate uniform and robes sooner or later. Gently, she moved Tinkerbell from her lap and placed her to the left. The cat looked slightly ruffled, but settled down on the seat within a few moments. After giving the animal a quick scratch on the forehead, Aurora once again found her hands rummaging through the backpack. She uncovered her uniform and robes rather quickly. Her eyes darted over to Rigel for a moment, but then she realized that asking him to leave so she could get changed would be more trouble than it was worth. Gathering her things in her arms, she stood up from her seat and exited the booth, shutting the door quietly behind her.

With hurried steps, she made her way towards the girls’ bathroom at the end of the corridor. The girl was trying to be quick, taking the person’s warning at least somewhat seriously; she wasn’t a trouble-maker, even though her adventurous streak had gotten her into some very close calls in the past. Shortly afterwards, Rory exited the bathroom, now holding her sweater and jeans in her arms instead. The female Hogwarts uniform consisted of a grey sweater, skirt and knee-length socks; a white button-up shirt underneath the sweater; and a tie that was striped with their house colour (in Aurora’s case, it was a rich shade of blue and bronze). The Hogwarts robes were black on the outside, while the inner stitching once again matched the student’s house colour. Aurora had never minded the uniform and thought it was somewhat nice and put together. After scurrying by some fellow students in the hallway, she made her way back towards her booth and unloaded the clothing into her bag. Settling into her seat, she took “The Daily Prophet” in her hands, soon frowning at the main story. Apparently, there were still no leads on the Muggle disappearances. It was a bother to the girl, considering that her own uncle was a Muggle... it felt like it hit rather close to home. It was rumoured that Hogwarts itself was going to be attempting to lend a hand in the whole mess, and she couldn't help but wonder if this year's Headmaster was going to address this issue at the start-of-term feast. That was certainly something to look forward to.
"I said this before. The only way to live a good life is to act on your emotions."
- Heero Yuy

Valentina
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyraiYuki on Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:58 pm

Blaine stopped suddenly, taking a deep, angry breath through his nose as he heard the blatant swearing of the cocky kid behind him. He suddenly turned to face him, his perfectly shined shoes causing a small indent in the pristine fabric that created the nice little carpet. He growled as he slowly looked at the only two people currently in the corridor.

The first was a Slytherin boy, dark black hair, almost gaunt facial features, and it seems he didn't understand what a tic-tac was. Either way, he glared from him to the older, gryffindor boy who seemed to be more around the Head-Boy's own age in fact.

Anyway, the teen turned his head towards his head towards the first boy, the larger gryffindor student already in his robes, he blinked a few times, before speaking in a quiet hiss, though loud enough for the boy to hear him. "I know I really shouldn't expect very much from a Gryffindor, but. I would of hoped for more than total ignorance. Get. Into. A. Room. Is that so much to have taken into consideration?" he sighs as he finishes his sentence, before turning his gaze towards the smaller boy, he speaks "And you. I would of HOPED you would have had enough time away from your book to actually clean your ears out. No? Aww, sad really. Also..brush more, it helps. Either way, Two weeks for Mr. Slytherin over here..and uhh, lesse. The rules state..ahh~ THREE weeks for Mr. 'My Grand-daddy's a famous guy, yey me~' and three weeks suspension from attending Quidditch events of any kind. That INCLUDES practices and games. Now..get out of my sight, I don't care if you share..MOVE!" he near screams, now glaring at the two, his hand gently touching the tip of his concealed wand just in case the Potter kid loses his nigh-on infamous temper.

KyraiYuki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakma-ShadowAngel on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:22 pm

Tiki finishes pratcing one of his song only thinking "Dang that song is harder to do on paper". He put his fingers on the new coards and begain to play singing "
More that I live
More clear its each day
We got to change our ways
There is no way to go back anymore
Eons rumble through space

We must find new ways to live
I know theres so much more to give
Millennium - Where do we go?
Millennium - Time will show
Forevermore - The light will be guiding our journey
Millennium - Show us the way
Millennium - To the new day
Forevermore - Give us a chance to change

People may come and people may go
But dance of time is eternal
What is the meaning of this cosmic play?
Will we see another day?"

Drakma-ShadowAngel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:51 pm

"Huh?" Peinao said. For some reason, the boy was incredibly cross. "No, I was just literally wondering who you are. What's your name?"

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pioneercadet on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:55 pm

James stared at Peinao, his expression softening only slightly. He had had an overall bad day, dealing with all of the scrutiny of his witch mother, who not only was such an impressive witch she hid it from her own husband for ten years but also was one of the strictest people he had ever met. He had to deal with her constant stream of input all morning, which shortened his nerves.

"My name is James," he said to the other two in the compartment, his teeth still grinding together. He then dropped his trunk next to the door and stood there, waiting for a hint that would show him if he needed to go or stay.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkSea on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:59 pm

Amala slowly turned her head from looking at the window, to look at James. "You can sit down, James." She told him quietly. She smiled and then looked back at the window. She hoped the train would arrive soon.

DarkSea
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pioneercadet on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:26 pm

James nodded to Amala and sat down on her side of the compartment, still eying Peinao with an air of caution. Did he really need to be here when he behaved like he did towards them both, and would he really find anything more than enemies now that he had acted improperly.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!