Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rp Ideas: Mature Themes/Advanced

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Rp Ideas: Mature Themes/Advanced

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:02 pm

Hello!

Okay, basically I have a few ideas floating around that I would like to convert into roleplays. For now, I'm not sure which to do, so I'll put them both down here and see which gets the better reactions from people to help my decision. As the title suggests, I plan whatever roleplay I make to be for 'advanced' roleplayers - this means I would expect posts to be at least a few decent size paragraphs long each time, and for their quality of writing to be good - this being the case, if you think can't meet these standards then it might not be worth reading any further than this. If this does sound like you though, then I would desperately love to find some active, interesting, thoughtful and original people who are going to keep everyone enthralled with great posts and interesting and dynamic characters! I know you guys are out there too, so don't be shy!

Now, without further procrastination here are the two premises:

#1 - A group of unrelated people awake to find themselves trapped on an alien ship, which is hurtling through space. They don't know how or why they are there, or where exactly there is. The ships is damaged, ruined - but it's still going somewhere despite its lack of functioning systems. With no idea how to work the ship, or any knowledge of where they are going the roleplay will focus on the crews desperate struggle for survival on their journey and how people cope when death is a real possibility.

#2 - The second is a post-apocalyptic roleplay. The characters will awake after a devastating event which has left humankind almost extinct and the world a shattered husk of what it once was. With little hope, and only a hollow shape of the old world still lingering on the roleplay will focus on these characters struggle for survival when everything they know is gone. Themes will include things like coping with loss, desperation and a lack of opportunity or hope. This won't be a 'zombie' or 'mutant' roleplay either - just people. But as this is a desperate world with no rules, people might just be a whole lot worse than the ghouls of bedtime stories and videogames. I expect this roleplay to be the darkest and most vivid if it is chosen - graphic violence, language and other content will be involved as I would like to accurately depict (by accurately I mean realistically given the situation) the desperation and sheer break-down that would come with such a cataclysmic event. Because of that, I would urge that younger players don't become involved - I'm aware that such content ain't always pretty, so it is, I believe, in your best interest to only apply if you are older.

They are the ideas! I have vague plot outlines for each, but I won't give them away now. I'm also not planing to begin these for at least a few weeks - I really wanna hash the stories I create out fully and create an immerse, engaging and fresh world for us too loose ourselves in (if I can manage that grandeur)! This thread is for people to express interest and to please leave your ideas here so that I can tinker with them - I'm not going to pretend the help won't be welcome, the more creative minds involved the better. Feel free to ask any questions!

Thanks! :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vyral
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Rp Ideas: Mature Themes/Advanced

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:07 pm

I like number two~~.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saarai on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:09 pm

Number two!
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Saarai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:10 pm

I like number two too... number one also, but less so.
You can't spell neurotic
without erotic.

Edelle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Okay great! If you guys at any point come up with any ideas or themes you would (or wouldn't, if you feel them over-done) like to see appear in this roleplay than I'd really like to hear them. This can range from main to sub-plot story arcs, or even ideas for NPC characters and so on - like I said, I really wanna flesh this out to give it the best chance of success.

Thanks for your replies, too!

Vyral
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Heeyyy, Vy ;)

Interest expressed.

Also inb4uSato.
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:41 pm

I think #2 would work well with a weather event.

cjeap
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SousaTuba on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:22 pm

Oh wow I'm interested in both!

SousaTuba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sammich on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:02 pm

I like the first idea.
ViceVersus has officially given me a THUMBS-UP!

Sammich
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:23 pm

Given there has been more interest expressed in idea 2, that shall be the one I will develop first (for those who liked 2, I still plan to do this one at a slightly later date!). Over the next week or two I'll post snippets of information and stuff so you guys can get an idea of what's going on.

Keep any ideas coming, please!

Vyral
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:55 am

It is 2010. For months the world has been ravaged by a sickening affliction which has cast humanity down from its perch, so that it lays a broken husk staring up at the remnants of a world cast to ruin. Corpses line every street, sit lifelessly in cars forever frozen in never-ending streams of traffic, rot away in their homes and fill the air with their putrid stink. Civilization is slipping into disrepair; buildings crumbling as the well-oiled machine of humanity splutters into a pitiful death. In the scarred cities, torn apart by riots and a government desperately clinging to control, blinkering street-lamps cast sickly orange glows over a devastation reserved only for video-games and novels. Soon the creations of man will cease to run at all; power-plants shall turn critical, electricity, water and gas will stop their eternal grinding through the pipes and faucets adorning every household. The disjointed who have survived the disease are scattered far and wide in a world impossible to survive in.
Those who do crawl from their decrepit shelters stumble into a world crumbling at every turn, where morality and justice must be cast aside if they are to have any chance of clinging to the lives they have salvaged in the wake of disaster. In a world where morality is becoming a hollow memory and cities disintegrate before the very eye, survivors must make some difficult choices if they are to survive - and harder ones when they come face to face with the harrowing costs of just what survival could entail...

Just a small teaser. Work is going thick and fast. :).

Vyral
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:28 am

If youre still looking for people I'm really liking the idea of #2 as well.
Image Image

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:38 am

Wow, I'm hooked. Let me know where to sign up hahaha.

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aeris Strife on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:35 pm

I like Number Two! Tell me what I've got to do to be in on it, and I'll do it, because this is really the best roleplay idea I've heard about in months!
Hey bitch, I don't care if it kills me
and I don't give a damn if it hurts
I'm going to live for the fun of it
Because this is my stinkin' life, not yours

Aeris Strife
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:12 pm

I like the sound of both quite a bit. However, I think number one could be incredibly cool, if, perhaps, we (or some of us) survived the crash and found ourselves on an alien planet. Though, that could be a sequel, or just far later into the story line. Perhaps they have to find out who engineered their crash, and how they got there, and find themselves embroiled in some grandiose alien conflict. I just like the idea of random humans on an alien planet, exploring completely foreign and unknown lands.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litigate on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:04 am

If their is still space im sold. Number 2 sounds like it could turn out to be pretty intense.
"Love your enemies. It makes them so damned mad."

"If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?"

Litigate
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:13 pm

Still space, yeah. The roleplays called 'Inertia" and here is a link:

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/inertia/

Vyral
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!