Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Introduction

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macfluffers on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Hello everyone. My name's Jonathan, and I'm a 19 year-old music and philosophy student.

I started role playing a couple of years ago, but it's been a long time since I've last done it. My main experience has been in combat role play, but I'd like to get into slice-of-life role play too.
"We have clearly reached the point where only rampant and unchecked stabbing can save us. And my first act as self-appointed stabmaster is to slay my comrades."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

macfluffers
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sikundead on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:19 pm

Hey Jonathon. Welcome to rpg I hope you like it here. If you got questions or wanna do an rp.(I have a supernatural one goin on right now) just drop me a line.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sikundead
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myst Sapphire on Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:11 pm

Hello Jonathan, it's nice to meet you. RPG has a variety of roleplays, so you can find basically anything here. The chat seems to be popular for roleplaying (I don't go on there much) if you want to roleplay on the spot.

If you would like to join, I have just started a new academy roleplay.
couer-academy-out-character-t32374.html

Myst Sapphire
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macfluffers on Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Ooh, a boarding school role play! Just what I was thinking of! I might join in on that one. =D

macfluffers
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:09 pm

Welcome aboard Jonathon! You best strap yourself down to the deck, because as some would say, "the water's a bit rocky". But don't let that intimidate you, it just means we've got a HUGE variety of things here! ^_^ The chat here is a very huge part of our role playing system, however the forums are just as popular. *Currently, our site creator and owner, Remæus (use the Alt + 145 (numb pad) for that special æ sign) is working on a major upgrade to our forum system, so stay tuned! :)*
I suppose I'll give you a quick run through of some key things to think about/remember, hm?

Well, for starters, the best way to get yourself into a forum RP is to click the forums tab -points- up top there. The OOC section is awesome, you could skim through those posts on that first page, but I personally find the best way to find a role play is to check out the 'Role Players Wanted' and 'Interest Check' sub-forums. There are literally hundreds upon thousands of ideas circulating here, all unique in some way or another and pertaining to a whole array of different genres.
You'll also find that a lot of members give out their e-mails and screen names for more personalized or private role play. We have out very own user mailboxes and some awesome features that allow us to basically 'tag' the threads we find most interesting or want to keep up with. You can sign up for e-mail alerts and things too ^.^

Say you find yourself feeling a bit intimidated or not as good as those you want to participate with? Well, the first step would of course be to ask them for help, they're usually very nice about it. You could also, always feel free to check out the 'Role Play Academy' section of the forums too! There are plenty of threads in there with helpful things for even the best writers on the site.

The chat can be both fun and confusing as all hell, but give it a try! Make a character in the character tab up there -points- and join in. I'm the head of RPG Chat GPS, so if you get lost or have questions, don't listen to those silly administrators and moderators, send me a message ;D. Oh, to send me a message we call it whispers in the chat, to do it, you would just type:
Code: Select all
/msg WorthlessEncounters (always put a space after the name :P) -message here!-
it's cAsE sEnSiTiVe. xD

Also, green usernames (color) are moderators, blue usernames(color) are mentors, and red usernames(color) are administrators. All of these people, especially the Mentors can be of great assistance to you at all times, of course, don't neglect to ask the other regular site members things either, they're all pretty smart :)

On a final note, a dedicated Mentor, Akita recently created a thread in the help section of the lobby; Helpful Tips and Suggestions for ALL Roleplayers. You may find this a very helpful place as well. :)

So, welcome aboard, again!
Some people call me Worthless, WE, Britt, and Wendy. I prefer Worthless though. Have fun! Hope to see you join in on one of my RPs! :)
Please rate my posts, as I work very hard and diligently on them, and well, I'd like my reputation rating to be a reflection of that.

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macfluffers on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Thanks WorthlessEncounters! That's really helpful. I'll definitely use those links. ;D

macfluffers
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!