Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Katekyo Hitman REBORN!: Undying Will

Katekyo Hitman REBORN!: Undying Will General Discussion

a part of “Katekyo Hitman REBORN!: Undying Will”, a fictional universe by Lloyd999.

The quiet town of Namimori will be shaken up once again by the arrival of another new Hitman Tutor. This mysterious man will change the lives of two boys and those around them. This is the story of the Eleventh Generation Vongola Family.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Katekyo Hitman REBORN!: Undying Will”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Katekyo Hitman REBORN!: Undying Will General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ¢σℓ∂ on Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:33 pm

That's strange, I sent you a request. Is your display name is 'Wet Harmonica'? My display name is 'Gabe' with the contact name being 'englandismylover'.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

¢σℓ∂
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:59 am

I see a Gabe! But it says you're never online :(
But someone's gotta be there.
To pick it up.
To push. Back.
To put the first piece back together.
To put us all...
back together.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ¢σℓ∂ on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:35 am

Yeah, I'm usually busy with classes or work, so I don't have huge chunks of time to keep my skype on orz. I actually think part of the problem is that I've just been using the browser version lately since it seemed convenient, but when I just logged onto the actual program things appeared different. (before you never appeared online for me, but now you are, so I guess it's just an error in the programming for the browser version)

¢σℓ∂
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:17 pm

So, to follow up with a previous announcement, I have decided that we will begin this roleplay on either Friday or Saturday. So, in preparation, I should probably describe what the first story arc is going to be like.

The roleplay will begin in the morning, as people are headed for school. About a month has passed since school began, so everybody is quite well aware of what school is like. Some people may have friends already, others have yet to find friends. One thing is very clear, however, and that is that nearly everybody is being surveiled, manipulated and oppressed at all times by the social order of the school.

The Queen of this order is the socialite Rose Kuromaku, who is just as arrogant as she is seemingly gifted in nearly every respect. All human beings are tools or threats in her eyes and throughout the entirety of her school career, she has worked to bring order to turbulent school life in a way that she sees fit, where nothing can happen without her knowing of it and nobody is given the chance to oppose her.

Many do not realize it, but Rosa has a very orderly structure in terms of how she has set up her social hierarchy, which is very reminiscent of the Mafia. Rosa will almost never be seen without her entourage of social butterflies. In reality, these close 'friends' are Rosa's commanders, her Caporegime, her Guardians. When you see this crowd walking along, you better pay your respects or move out of the way if you don't want trouble. This entourage, however, consists of nothing more than ordinary girls with a lot of social connections. Under them are the soldiers, or just simply associates. Whenever Rosa needs a favor done, she can always rely on one of her guardians to have an associate that can preform that favor, be it a student council member, a baseball team member or just anybody with any sort of talent or position that could be of use. Still, that isn't all. Anybody who is a friend of a friend of somebody connected to Rosa can potentially be manipulated in some way. Rosa's social network is based all around connections, and through it, Rosa is capable of gaining any information concerning just about anybody in the school. Nothing happens without it reaching her ears. At the same time, Rosa can use this vast social network to carry out deeds such as spreading rumors or having people do favors. Many students don't even realize they're being manipulated.

Rosa is able to keep order in the school by being both the most well informed person and the scariest person around. Rosa frequently uses intimidation as a legitimate tool to keep people in line, often through her and her entourage threatening and harassing potential troublemakers. Those that do something to break Rosa's composure, speak against Rosa or make her look any less glamorous become marked as 'losers'. Losers are pretty much ripe to be picked on and discriminated against. Harsher punishments may include the spreading of rumors in order to alienate them from others. Those who associate with 'losers' are also threatened to be marked as losers. People who Rosa considers threats, which includes anybody who dares attempt to be more glamorous or more popular than Rosa, could potentially see more brutal punishments in order to destroy both their social position and their morale. Punishments could include active harassment, threatening, crude pranks, spreading of rumors, public humiliation and if a target tries to use physical retaliation, they can expect it in return from Rosa's goons.

Therefore, no matter who you are, as long as you are a student of Namimori High, your social life is affected by Rosa's reign. Many want to destroy this order, but many dare not out of fear, and those that do have faced many consequences. Yet, perhaps there is potential for an uprising. Could two seemingly ordinary twins become what sparks the anarchy of this oppressive order? Maybe not on their own, but perhaps they may gain allies for their cause. Even so, it might not be enough, at least, not without a certain home tutor's plans to teach his students the real experience of becoming mafiosi.

In this arc, we will be introduced to our rather large and varied cast of characters, with a focus on their school lives and their relationships with one another, as well as how they develop new ones. At the same time, our young potential Vongolas will learn more about the mysterious Godot's intentions, his personality, and his absurd methods of tutoring. Although the trials the young Vongola candidates and their friends may face are absurd, the twins will gain several new allies who may become very significant in the future, including potential Guardians. Combat has a de-emphasis, but hilarity and drama will definitely be apparent throughout.

Expect a lot of time-skipping to get through those dull moments such as in-class time. Also, expect to see glimpses of our future, where information dominates life, old ladies cultivate man-eating plants, dinosaurs are in the zoos and all your food is in pill form... actually that last one was kind of stupid, so forget that. If you've played Megaman Battle Network or you've read the stories for some of ZUN's music CDs, you might find some inspiration to pick from. Use your imagination!

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Great--I'll be finishing Asa Solomon sometime Thursday night (I'm not quite satisfied with his personality section yet) and probably making a Skype around the same time too, so watch out for requests.

Remember-Thalynn
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ¢σℓ∂ on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Nice, an Etherpad always helps.
Enon is finished~ Looking forward to starting, I like the premise. Will hop on skype tomorrow to talk out some details if I can. I may end up jumping into the roleplay late though, depending on if I have internet this weekend or not.

¢σℓ∂
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:34 pm

Well, I have no idea what kind of character Enon is like considering I'm too illiterate (aka tired and sick) to understand all the poetics, but I'll accept it anyway. Still, as great as the writing is, am I the only one who feels it was the opposite of informative? Well, I can't wait to see that poetry put to better use in the roleplay. Same goes for everybody, the clock is ticking, so get hyped.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ¢σℓ∂ on Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:02 am

His concept is: a human pretending to a be a monster - whilst Mayu's concept is the opposite: a monster pretending to be human.

The general idea behind Enon's character is taking the concept of the desert flame and challenging it with a pre-existing psychosis. His personality & bio sections are more poetic to better express his instability and the aura of his character, but if you ignore the poetics I listed traits (violent thoughts, he's afraid of humans therefore he isolates himself, his core nature is gentle - reflected in his talent for making traditional sweets, temperamental, experiences states of mania, paranoid, unable to trust, etc) and timeline points (born sickly w/ distant parents & isolated, experiences hallucinations & the effects the desert flame has on them, sleepwalking leads him to wake up in strange places thus leading him to take to more delinquent activities to sooth his mind ex. cigarettes and alcohol, there was a true foreign presence within him {albeit this I didn't make clear but the presence was an invader similar to Daemon Spade} but it is overcome by the interaction between psychosis & anti-psychotics, he stops taking his medication and his mental state worsens, becomes known as a delinquent as starts becoming more violent towards those that are aggressive to him).

In-character format I integrate poetics to describe emotions (which is why Mayu's profile doesn't have many poetic descriptions), but for actions and such my writing is more straightforward, especially in roleplay since it can be more 'fluid' that way. Hope that clears it up.

¢σℓ∂
Member for 10 years

Well, I made a Skype. Find me by searching Auguste.Tseng.
EDIT: I think I'm done with Asa Solomon for now. I might add or alter some things later on, but at the moment I believe I'm satisfied.

Remember-Thalynn
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AeJylhis on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:43 pm

Hello.

Um... I was referred here by a writing partner. Although I only saw her message today, so... I'm like way late.

I'm guessing the main roles have been filled? Do you need any specific role to be filled?

I'm not the best, but as Nai's proxy I'll do my best.

AeJylhis
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:00 pm

@AeJylhis Ah, yes, Tnev. Real unfortunate that she couldn't join us this time around. Although our roleplay has started and we have several characters, by all means you can join. Technically, there are no roles that need characters to be made to fulfill them. After all, the Guardians are not decided and won't be decided for several story arcs. I just want characters to feel natural, as every character has their own story. Every character brings something new to the table after all.

That said, I do recommend you join the rest of us on Skype. You could discuss ideas for your character with fellow roleplayers and perhaps establish things like the relationship of your character(s) to others and how you might want to develop them as the story progresses.

Also, to everybody, although this is a bit late. I am proud to announce that the roleplay has indeed begun, so start rolling out those posts!

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:09 am

I'm expecting to see 2k+ word posts now, with all the time it's taking for initial posts to roll out lol (I'm half-way kidding)

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Just a heads up for everybody: we will have a time-skip very soon in the roleplay. By around Saturday, time will skip from the first bell to the last. Lunch period will be skipped today, but it won't be tomorrow. So, if you can, perhaps try to wrap up whatever characters are doing and get them to class by that time.

That said, by Saturday, you would be free to write about the sort of things your character did during the school day, but no multi-post interactions will take place in this downtime, and the retelling of your character's actions should only take up one post. Of course, collaborating with a person to make a larger post is perfectly acceptable, as long as it's only one post. Naturally, such a summary post would end with what your character would currently be doing at the time that has been skipped to, the end of the day. Expect most time-skips to be handled in this way. We don't want a dull moment, of course.

If there are any objections to the length of this time skip or feel the roleplay is moving too fast, do feel free to voice them here or over Skype (or on a PM if Skype is unavailable and you feel uncomfortable posting a complaint here). I will see what can be organized, up toward changing the time-skip.

As a side note, I do apologize if your you feel your characters are being left out of the loop. You might realize by now that the flow of the roleplay is more progressive than an open sandbox. Ideally, the flow of the roleplay is going to be defined by the progression of the main story, which is where the arc system is put into place. With so many characters to account for, I can see how it's easy for some characters to get left out, especially when the attention is on a clear few.

I am currently doing my best to rectify the situation, but the best solution to this is not something I can achieve alone, and a bit more responsibility is going to have to lie on yourselves, the roleplayers, to make that happen. Roleplayers should attempt to have their characters interact with any characters that aren't currently doing anything and are both available and appropriate to interact with. I highly recommend people try to develop side-stories as a way to involve characters in drama or action that isn't a part of the main story, as well as develop the characters themselves.

Some of you are probably sick of hearing it, but the best way to organize such things is through the usage of Skype. Those of you who are already a part of the group already know of the endless stream of ideas that gets produced out of discussions about characters and potential plot ideas. Through Skype, people are able to discuss ideas they have for their characters and develop potential story ideas for them, which they plan to explore in the future. At the same time, roleplayers are able to organize interactions between characters at any given moment if they are unsure of what to do with them. The development of side-stories is likely to be best-handled there, where one can keep in the loop as to what the rest of us are planning. I will admit, those that have been using Skype have been recieving a little more attention than those who haven't, which wasn't my intention but it was simply due to the circumstance of people discussing ideas for their characters as opposed to those we're more or less foggy about. It's difficult to organize things like interactions and side-stories with people we're not in active contact with, after all.

Anyhow, this roleplay has been doing great so far and I want to do all I can to make sure it stays healthy. It's just that I'm always struck with this feeling that I'm doing something wrong, especially when I just sit idly by, and I want to make sure I'm constantly striving for the right thing for this roleplay. After all, this roleplay is designed for longevity and I intend to make sure it stays enjoyable all the way through. Do be sure to voice any concerns you have at any time, however.

Oh, and a thanks to Pandora's Melancholy for the creation of the wonderful looking Class Roster thread. Bear in mind it was created with my permission, but it looks like it turned out quite nicely (at least, when you view the topic).

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:46 am

Just an update to the last announcement, I'm going to hold back on officially time skipping until around Tuesday, just so people have a chance to wrap up their interactions or whatever they are doing.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:22 pm

There we go. If any characters are on their way out, feel free to interact with Ieyoshi and Damien, who are posted up along the side of the gate waiting for Ieharu and Aobane :P

This interaction would occur chronologically BEFORE the events in the second half of the post (so sometime during the stuff in the middle, when Ieharu is leaving the bathroom).

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xunnamius on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:03 am

Though most of us are on Skype, not all of us are and that's okay. I feel the need to say: this RP has about as many active characters as does Game of Thrones. Hence, it's going to be impossible to have only a single (or even two) plot thread going and put every single character in it all the time. This means we're going to have to have multiple plot threads—or even whole plotlines—running simultaneously in order to both keep things interesting and keep everyone involved. For those of you that aren't involving some of your characters in any of the two current plot threads for one reason or another but still wish to have them participate, I'd implore you to spin up your own plot thread and pull some of the other "non-involveds" in with you. With enough imagination, we can have some unexpected intersections and occurrences that will add variegation and life to the RP! :P

Xunnamius
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:25 am

Taigaxx, since Hiroshi is a new third year, maybe Shou could have shown him around for the first day of school and they'd hit it off then? What do you think? :)
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby taigaxx on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:06 pm

alright. sounds good to me (:

taigaxx
Member for 9 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:30 am

alright then. :)

Shou probably would've warn Hiroshi about Rosa and her crew. He'd also have told Hiroshi about Rosa's rule. He'll add some good points about her rule, though (like how bullying has died down since she came), so it won't be a completely negative assessment. He'd also warn Hiroshi to avoid Mamoru, too, along with showing him around the school.

If its ok with you, Shou could lead Hiroshi to the next event after we go to the next day. He'd probably meet some of the first years too, though. Would that be ok?

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby taigaxx on Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:34 am

That's perfectly fine with me! You can talk to me on skype for any additional details & about posting. my skype is: roxassu_z

taigaxx
Member for 9 years
Author Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!