Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Kingdom Hearts, Rise of the Soulless

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Kingdom Hearts, Rise of the Soulless

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:38 am

Heartless are creatures without Hearts.
Nobodies are creatures without Emotion.
Enter the Soulless- beasts without Souls.

Ooc Thread: kingdom-hearts-rise-the-soulless-ooc-t30208.html

The years roll by; as time does not stand still. Sora grew up to be a stunning young man, married Kairi (Riku was his best man), and died eventually, his name going down in history in many a world as their savior. The Organization has been long since destroyed. It's been long since Ariel was queen of Atlantica, since Beast's and Belle's son became the king of the castle, since Wonderland was... well, nothing really changed in Wonderland, everything's screwy there. There has been relative peace for a long time, the occasional Heartless here and there, nothing that would cause a panic. Until now. Two hundred and some odd years from the moment Xemnas was defeated.

At first, people thought the Heartless had mutated. They sure looked like Heartless. They reacted to violence like Heartless. But they weren't Heartless. They consumed people, not their hearts, creating a new one of them in the process. When one entered a room, the occupants seemed to all express the same emotion at once. The worlds knew how to fight the Heartless, but this was different. Ansem's successor, Mitsis the Wise, researched the new breed of creature then hurriedly sent out her report. The ten page-long report described a creature she called 'The Soulless'. She had discovered what they were, how to destroy them, to keep them from spreading, to protect worlds from collapsing to their power as they had to the Heartless long ago. Unfortunately only the cover of the report made it to the current King of Disney Castle. It read simply as thus:

Code: Select all
Urgent! Deliver to King Mickey the Third Immediately! The following document contains critical information on the Soulless.

~Mitsis the Wise

Of course the new King felt he needed to jump into action. A spitting image of his great-great-grandfather, he summoned the Keyblade to him and opened the paths to the worlds. To hunt out the Keybearer to solve the problem once more was his mission. Leaving Queen Cwen, his bride, behind, he traveled to Traverse Town to aid the worlds and find the rest of Mitsis' report.

Unfortunately, the Soulless had been organizing as well. Black, freakish creatures with what appeared to be red scarring in their flesh seemed to be the lower-level specie, as they were not as powerful as the creatures that created the Endless Plain. A strange, bizarre world to which the Soulless began to flock. The more humaniod they appeared, the stronger they were, until it was impossible to tell a Soulless from a creature born naturally into a world. Except when placed in the same room as 'normal' creatures. The Society has formed, a group of Soulless of great power, each reflecting a different emotion and power. Fear has gripped the connected worlds and some are searching for ways to close their homes from the menace. To stop what horrors wait for the Worlds, a new Keybearer must rise with new friends. Is the new generation up for the challenge? Or has blood finally run thin?

The Cast:

The Good:
Ralwin- The Guiding Light {Anderan}
Zaft- The Keybearer of Light {Yami Kilmore}
Kenta- The Illusionist {Rambert}
Exile- The Burning Vengeance {Exilewing}
Tyro- The Guardian of the Mestari's souls {Tyro}
Tsarin- The White Rook {Kita-go-nyaa}

The Neutral:
Ranakia- The Embodiment of Survival {Tigeress}
Ryu- The Survivor of Darkness {Oblivian}
Mezzo- The Conductor of Sanity {Anderan}
Kuxri- The Blade Storm {FatalFrost}

The Society:
Xikta- The Hateful Sorceress {Kita-go-nyaa}
Xavier- The Shadowed Assassin {Oblivian}
Zelxin- The Depressed Demon {Hirochi-Zangus}
Zorga- The Desiring Deviant {Culex}

The Bad:
Milly- The Darkened Memory {Tigeress}
Unknown- The Greatest of Shadows {Smeagle the Great}

Minor Characters {Done By Kita-go-nyaa}
King Mickey the Third
Queen Cwen {Disney Castle}
Mitsis the Wise
Hades
Olympian Pantheon
Ioa- Captain of the Guard {Traverse Town}

The New Worlds
    Deviant's Playground {Loosely based on the website Deviantart}
    Rapture {Bioshock}
    The USG Isshimura {Dead Space}
    New Gotham {Batman}
    Montressor's Space Port {Treasure Planet}
    The Endless Plains {A fragmented world created by the Soulless}
    Kingdom of Games {A world based on a chess board}
    Elenia {A destroyed world of darkness}
    New York City {A Bustling Metropolis- Gargoyles}
    Vanadiel- {A war-ridden World}
    Baron- {A consumed Medieval World}

The First Post:

The sweet smell of baking goods punctured the warm, welcoming air of Traverse Town. As the intersection of Worlds, Traverse Town played host to many a creature from all walks of life. Many refugees from worlds plagued by the strange, malicious creatures with deep red scars strew across their flesh, came here to seek shelter. This World was well protected by and hero, many of whom had survived their own World's destruction. Still more simply flocked to the World in fear that their own home may be next to suffer great tragedy. The air felt tense each time a Heartless appeared in the Second and Third Districts-- as each time it was believed it could be a chance that the terrible new creatures had finally come to invade-- and relief swept through the same areas when it was destroyed by one of the many guards that had been selected by a younger female warrior. The dark-haired female had hailed from the Olympus Coliseum under orders from Ares to man the World and prepare for war. The god had always enjoyed war-making and this was a perfect chance to show his skill, although he could not be certain that he would join the fighting himself.
Ioa was not a remarkable young woman, although she could wield a sword with ease. All of the remarkable fighters from the Coliseum were sent to Worlds in great peril- such as Agrabah, which had been recently attacked by the monstrous menace. Her only task was to prepare Traverse Town and put down any would-be attackers before they numbered too greatly. And numbered greatly, they did. The monsters-- what the King of Disney Castle spread as 'the Soulless'-- multiplied so rapidly once they took hold that it was impossible to slow them down if they slaughtered at least ten people- but not just people were a threat in this way. The Soulless ate Heartless and Nobodies that still roamed about from the darkness in people's hearts. They even ate each other indiscriminately, only to create new, more powerful creatures. And what was worse, a new World had appeared on the outskirts of the furthest World from Traverse Town-- which lay in the center of all the Worlds-- a place called the 'Endless Plains'. Although they just appeared to be a cluster of misshapen asteroids, this World was teeming with Soulless to the point where it was impossible to tell whether they were being spawned from there or if they all were compelled to gather at this location.
A small mouse-like creature stood at the front gates of Traverse Town, watching the new arrivals come in. He was garbed in a white robe with red accents along the shoulders and down the front. No amount of disguising could mask his large round ears-- a trait he inherited from his great-great-grandfather. A dark-haired woman with pale complexion and a broadsword clipped to her side stood next to him, dwarfing the regal-looking character in comparison.
"They've just come from Twilight Town. They've fled in fear. Nobodies have always been drawn there, I can see why they came here." She remarked to the diminutive creature.
"I see too. We must find the Keybearer."
"Can't you do it, My Lord?" Ioa questioned.
"My task is to locate the Keybearer so they may fulfill their destiny. Besides, Cwen would have a fit." The mouse smiled up at Ioa.
"Ah, yes, the wife... I'm sure she would prefer you to come home safely... I hope we find our Key soon. Traverse Town won't be able to house too many more people."
"And the Society will be acting up soon... they've been quiet for too long. Their leader must be planning something." The mouse remarked, pulling up a hood to head out on his way.
"Maybe their leader got eaten by one of their own." Ioa scoffed, though she knew this would not be true. Once more the mouse flashed a smile at the young guard.
"Take care. Be sure to keep an eye out for the Keybearer." He waved and headed off to a small personal Gummi ship just outside the front gates. Ioa sighed, turning to the cluster of refugees.
"Alright! To the Second District with you! No loitering! Those with weapons report to me!"

On the other end of the Universe, a dark storm was forming. The Lady Xikta was not pleased with the resistance being put up in Agrabah. "The Worlds don't usually band together in this fashion... perhaps it is just Ares causing the ruckus. I will have a word with Hades." She mused, watching warriors from the Coliseum and Agrabah fight off Soulless through a large mirror hanging on the bleak wall of her chambers. The room she had built for herself was a large audience hall that she could morph to her own will. She could only do this by fusing Soulless she had created on her own into the stone walls, but it suited her liking. "I believed the Pantheon wouldn't interfere too much, but it appears I misjudged them. Perhaps we should re-think our tactics." She placed her fingertips on the glass and the image of an elder palace guard being torn apart by frantic Soulless faded into a mask-like face. "Mirror, Mirror, on the wall... which shall be the next World to fall?" She purred, stroking the glass with a strange affection not common to her disposition. She had found the mirror in another world after leaving the Deviant's Playground, where she was created. Mitsis- once someone she called a 'friend' had taught her how to use its power and explained that its origin dated back over two hundred years to an old, jealous queen. Xikta had always felt a connection to old jealous queens who lusted for power and thusly felt a strong connection to the magic mirror.
"The next to fall, it's true, is Wonderland you will undo." The Mask within the mirror replied.
"You're so clever, little mirror." She cooed affectionately. "Let us summon the underlings to my side and see what they've accomplished today."
Last edited by Kita-go-nyaa on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Emergency joke: Two guys... walked into a pub... and they completely redecorated it, it was brilliant ~Eddie Izzard"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Kingdom Hearts, Rise of the Soulless

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Ralwin shuffled forward in the crowd. He was not used to being around so many people and it made him uncomfortable but he kept moving none the less. He looked around and saw a small creature wearing a hood walk past on his way outside the city. As to why anyone would leave was beyond Ralwin, what with the recent trouble and attacks by... creatures. Ah, the creatures, Ralwin really didn't know what to think about them. He had yet to actually see them but he had come here to Traverse Town none the less for he knew it was only a matter of time till they came to him, just like the heartless and nobodies did, all because of his key. He was hoping the large number of people would drown out what ever energy it was that drew them to him, both for his own safety and for those who lived in Twilight Town. He heard yelling and looked over to see a woman herding them towards one of the districts and heard her shout something about weapons. For a split second he almost when over to her, but he stopped himself and kept walking forward, following the crowd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mezzo was standing there in the square of Traverse Town, watching the people shuffle by and playing his violin which he had named Sanity's Requiem, a fitting name for a weapon carried by him he thought. "Hmm, if this is any indication darkness may be winning but it may be too early to tell." He stopped playing and pulled out a small notepad and jotted down some notes. He resumed playing, it had been no easy task to convince the guards to allow him to stay in the square and honestly he still wasn't sure if he had gotten permission or if he had just confused the guard enough to make him not want to bother Mezzo, ether way he didn't really care. This was the best place to be because, out of all the areas, this was the one where something interesting was most likely to happen.
Orly?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:29 pm

Within Hollow Bastion, a strange figure stands at the top of one of the structures that make up the many places that cunstruction is still taking place. Behind him stands a small group of Souless, standing with their backs arched, they are as tall as a little kid and has black hair covering their faces. Their hands have small blades instead of fingers and they let their arms hang downward as if they were dead. Like all Souless, they had the red marks of fights between themselves all over their body. They remain motionless behind the figure as if waiting for a command as he just watches the people walking around below. "Look at those humans......not a care in the world.....it sickens me...." A sudden grin forms on his face as he keeps watching, "Oh I can't wait to rip them out of their little fantasy of peace..hehehehe..." He raises his arm and readies to snap his fingers. The Souless, look up at his hand, waiting for the sign to attack, but he then lowers his hand again, making the them all return to their normal pose. "Nah...I'll let them savor what they will soon lose. That way it will hurt even more once it's taken away...hehehe..." He turns around and walks past the Souless as they open a path for him to make it through.
-------------------------------------
In another part of Hollow Bastion, a traveler had just arrived and was entering the market area. He looks around, seeing the people go one with their normal lives as if nothing was happening. "They can't feel it I guess." He thinks to himself as he looks up at the farther side of this world. "I can sense it...the darkness hidding within this world." He walks forward, into the crowd of people as he begins his search within this world he just arrived at.
~The closer you get to the light, the stronger your shadow becomes~

Inspiration Music for my RPs
Fairy Tail - Dragon Force
The Legend of Spyro - Valley of Avalar
Iji - Tor Battle
The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC Back to your Friends

Oblivian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rambert on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:43 pm

Kenta had been exploring the old mansion near Hollow Bastion. Not many new when it was built but it had been abandoned for at least a couple hundred years. He wandered the halls as he held his keybalde in his right hand or more properly the fake keyblade Kenta had made. The halls were dark, grim, and dusty. Kenta came here often hoping to find clues to the whereabouts of a real keyblade. He sighed a little. "Same turn out today as well...nothing. Oh well guess i'll head back to town." Kenta emerged from the dark mansion to a bright light. "Crap I forgot how bright it is when you've been in the dark for a couple of hours."

As he walked the streets of hollow bastion the place seemed a little busier than usual. "I wonder what's up I havn't seen everyone worked up like this in a while." Most everyone in Hollow Bastion at least knew about Kenta being that he had created a keyblade. Though they all call him a big fake since it can't do anything like opening the door to other worlds. As Kenta continued to walk he felt a presence and looked up at the rooftops but there was nothing. "My imagination? Ah well." He continued to walk in the crowd his blade on his back.

Rambert
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami Kilmore on Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:07 am

((let me know if this is okay of if anyone dissaproves))

meanwhile a young man dressed in a black robe ran for his life behind him was the soulless their red markings glowing as he breathed heavily . the young man ended up in a dead end he was afraid he would die but then something happen a light shown out it blinded the soulless the young man shield his eyes putting his hand in front of his face but then blinked when something appeared into his hand it was a strange weapon but only took moments to realize it was none other then the kingdom key. he was wide eyed and stared a moment but then found himself in combat as the soulless surrounded him he began fighting for his life he had many close calls as some managed to scratch him and bite him but he continue on even as his robe was being ribbed apart the sleeves being removed the boy feared he would die but just as he was about to give up hope. an object came seem to fall from the heart shaped moon on his world. As it fell he reached out and grabbed it he saw it was a key chain he quickly put it on the kingdom key and its form suddenly changed when it did a word came to his mind and he said it out loud. "Dawn's Embrace" once he did his fighting style changed and he fought the soulless off the more he fought the better he seemed to get but the number kept increasing and he was running low on energy he thought that even with this strange weapon he would die but as the soulless approached he faded into a pool of darkness and was knocked out....

he awoke soon after to find himself on a platform that depicted Sora, Riku, and Micky holding thier blades together sora on the left Riku on the right and Micky in the middle around them were all their friends the door to kingdom hearts stood behind them all. the keyblade stabbed in the ground the key chain that he had attached glowing just like it was before.

you have been chosen.....you have proven yourself.
you are the new key bearer for new great evil once again threats the worlds
you will meet many allies along your path...they will help you.
but be careful key bearer for many will try to stop you.
Now go key bearer pick up your weapon and save the world from falling to darkness

the young man was hesitant at first thinking of how all this was happening so fast but new that he could not ignore this and took the key by the handle as he did a door appeared it told him that this weapon the keyblade would help open the paths that prevented him from traveling and that he would do wise to remember it he again nodded and aim his blade at it a beam shot out and the door opened that when everything went blank and he found him self upon a cliff the heart moon loom above he saw his clothes had changed and that the weapon was still there. "guess it was more than just a dream" he said as he look over at the dark world he sat on a rock and thought to himself the blade over his shoulder. "what do I do now?" he wondered as he sat. "hmph who would've thought a person like me who live here would ever be given a weapon like this" he said as he looked out at the world of Elenia.

Name of first keychain: Darkened Kingdom
Looks of both chaster and first keychain: (pic not own my me)

((P.S. was hoping at one point he get these two keychains to duel weld tho if not the Dawn's Ebrace would work just fine and as toward how why and when you can decide Kita-go-nyaa:
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/552/dawnsembracebyshadylady.jpg
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6196/forgottenkeybladeby1387.jpg))
"You should never talk behind someone's back for you never know what they might do behind yours." -ME

Yami Kilmore
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smeagle the Great on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:55 am

(Uh...I guess I'll just run with Yami Kilmore's entry. Correct me if I got anything about "Elenia" wrong.)

The darkness felt so thick you could cut it with a knife, but it seemed alive enough to strike you back if you tried. The red moon lit the barren landscape, devoid of any plant life save a few wicked-looking plants covered in cruel crimson thorns. There were no trees in sight, and so nothing to block the view for miles around. From where the newcomer arrived, a city could be seen in the distance, but no light shone from it.

Within this city, atop a crumbling column of majestic white stone, sat a most curious individual humanoid in shape only and ink-black in colour. His hair was black and spiky (and barely distinguishable from his skin in the low light.) A billowing cape flowed behind him. The crossed-heart symbol of the Heartless was unmistakable upon his chest. As the newcomer entered his domain, he looked up, his luminous yellow eyes fixed in the distance. What fool dared to enter his domain? And to make matters worse, this joker had one of the Keys...no, no, this wouldn't do at all.

The sound of mighty wings beating broke the silence, followed by a piercing scream. The twisted shape of a dragon swooped down on the newcomer from behind, claws flashing, yellow eyes shining in the blackness. A few Wyverns ought to take care of this novice with no trouble at all.

Smeagle the Great
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Culex on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:36 pm

It has been exactly six hours since Zorga stormed off from the Endless Plains, enraged at Xikta for her ill treatment. The small, sickly-looking girl grabbed the sorry excuse for a cloak that she had been given and pulled it as far as she could forward to look at it, and as soon as she saw it she threw it back quicker than she pulled it in. She let out an annoyed growl as she walked through the small alleyway of the town, the clacking of her high-heels rang in the darkened twilight of the alleyway as she walked, seemingly with a chip on her shoulder, through the night. She didn't know what world she was on, nor did she care, as long as she was away from Xikta she was fine. Ugh. Xikta. Simply thinking of the name left a rotten taste in Zorga's mouth, which made her pace quicken as her anger grew.
'Why couldn't I have a royal purple cloak like her's? I'm just as good as she is! Maybe better!' she thought, annoyed at the way Xikta had treated her. "Ooooh... It burns me up! I hate that woman!" she excalimed aloud, her high raspy voice echoing louder than the clacking of her heels with the tone of annoyance and anger.
Suddenly, she felt a presence behind her, as if it just warped in from somewhere. Zorga stopped, and her eyes narrowed as she gripped the bottom of the handle of her long knife with her index finger and thumb. The erratic sounds of wildly clacking armor could be heard behind her, and upon closer inspection, the sounds were not a single, but of a multiple. As the sounds drew closer, Zorga whipped her long knife out, lowered her head and swiftly spun around blade-out to face the beings behind her. As she spun, her blade passed through one of the beings, taking it's armored head off. The armored head clacked once as it bounced off the ground, and the creature disappeared as fast as it's lifeless body's knees hit the ground, into darkness, and when Zorga lifted her head to see what manner of fiend she was up against, her expression changed to one of confusion as she laid eyes upon the creatures. They were small, slightly smaller than her, with cartoonish steel-looking helms that seemed to create a sort of crude maw around their face, which appeared to Zorga to be nothing but two lights for eyes shrouded in darkness. Their navy-blue bodies seemed to have little muscle definiton, had arms that lead into wicked red-clawed hands, and had legs that seemed to be a sort of natural parachute-pant type of stature that went into small, unproportionate ankles which delved into seemingly oversized shoes pointed at the tip. On it's chest was an emblem of a black heart, outlined in a deep crimson that matched the claws of the creature, with an 'X'-like thorned cross that crossed out the majority of the heart. For a moment, Zorga thought that these creatures must be some sort of joke, but then she thought again, harder this time, and a grin appeared on her face as she suddenly realized what manner of creature that they were.
"So... These are the Heartless." she said quietly to herself, her voice nearly a whisper. "Well, I think I'll have myself a little fun! Ha-HA!" she exclaimed as she finished, and lunged weapon-first at the first of the three remaining Heartless soldiers.
Her knife pierced through the first creature's head as she lunged forward, impaling it. She then quickly shifted her body so that her feet would land on the Soldier's shoulders, which they did. She then kicked off, pulling her knife out of the creature's shadowed face as it dissipated into the darkness, into a backflip through the air. In the air, she quickly shifted her momentum so that she was once again facing her assailants, and as they leaped into the air to attack, Zorga prepared a sphere of Ultima energy behind her while keeping her knife close to her chest. The small white ball was no bigger than a baseball, and as the heartless creatures drew closer she revealed it to them briefly, gave a slight grin followed by a short, high-pitched giggle, and tossed it at them. The one sphere of Ultima quickly split into two, hitting both creatures out of the air as Zorga approached the arch of her backflip, and while she would land safely on her feet in a matter of seconds, Ultima would force the two creatures of darkness down in an instant with a crash. As soon as they landed, a loud crushing sound could be heard and the two Heartless dissipated into a shadow, and left naught but a small crater created by the force of which Ultima had brought down upon them. Zorga landed with a grin, her hair and patchwork cloak slightly floating for a moment before completely falling to their original positions, and she admired her victory over these obviously lesser creatures. Then, without a second thought, Zorga turned to the main streets and walked towards them, a signpost with the words "District Two" could be seen in the dim lighting of a nearby lightpost.
“I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future... I consume time... And I will consume you!”

Culex
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:43 pm

A soft, regular beat of quiet thuds echoes through the halls of Hollow Bastion Castle. Well...What's left of it. Amongst the dust, the broken, fallen pillars, cracked tiles and sharp shards of pot something had called for Tyro. It's unusal for someone to actually ask for him. By name. His name name. Tyro was just a cover. Something to keep the power of his name out of his enemies' hands. He had to keep somethings secret, right?

Anyway...
"Hello?" The voice carried on through the ruin and bounced back to greet him again. The fox's heart sank...It had been a hoax....The large, black paws he stood on left marks in the dust and dirt as he moved slowly towards the fountain. Well...an indoor pond now with a thin gray layer of stone and cement.

This was practically a museum. He stared up at the holes that showed the upper towers. Only a few stil stood. The rest had toppled in on themselves or over. This was the place where Sora was saved from the darkness. Right in front of Tyro was the spot. The very spot. Somewhere under the caked-on grains. In these very walls, he had fought a witch, the most powerful heartless ever seen and his best freind.

Sure, Tyro had started off as a fan. But when he started his very long career be began to compete with the keybareing ledgend. It was childish and pitiful.
Sora had never fought a huge tree beast and won.
Sora never defeated a Kumiho with his hands.
Sora probably never found out what his keyblade was for.
It was things like this that crushed the heroism. Its a weird moment when you feel your greater than your hero. The reason you started...

Tyro looked up from the floor. A Shadow heartless and a Dusk stood, apparently waiting for him to attack...Causiously, he grabbed the handle of his weapon and raised it.

The heartless shot forwards and raked its claws through the air, clashing with Tyro's weapon. The force of impactpushed him into the stagmented water. It was thankfully very shallow. He jurked the heartless to the side and lashed out with a kick to the attacking Nobody. He shoved his body out of the water and onto dry floor. His dripping shirt, now a slightly deeper shade of black clung to his back. He span, smashing his blunt blade across the Nobody's head before bringing it quickly into its chest. Then, the shadow returned and attempted to catch Tyro with its claws. It was met a the heavy weapon swiftly. The Dusk wrapped its long, eleastic tendril around Tyro's wrist and held him in place as the heartless reared to attack. With a sudden intake of breath, Tyro spat a jet of fire. The heartless disappeared. The weapon smashed the Dusk's head once more. Now free, Tyro mustered up more fire. Soon he was alone again. For a second or too.

Tyro giggled to himself. That had felt brilliant. He hadn't done that in a while.
"Just don't come back for more." He sneered to anything listening. Tyro turned to leave but something small was blocking the way. It was long, thin and semmed to cut the air as it walked closer to him. It was like a heartless but with red streaks. And it was growling. Baring pearly whites. Before Tyro could do anything useful, it lept. He raised his arm on defence but the teeth sunk in like cheesewire. He protested his pain as he fell once more into the ruined fountain. And continued to fall.
And fall,
And fall,
And fall,
And f
a
l
l. He recognised this place...Whas it really happening all over again? Should the red and black thing be here if it its. He thought these things as he plummeted through an abyss.

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fatalfrost on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:42 pm

Kuxri stood up from the spot he had been sitting on his home world as heartless appeared around him and dusted off his Organization cloak. "Won't they ever learn that they are weaker than me?" He asked standing up and summoning his daggers around him, all 25 deadly tips poised in the air. He noticed that they were of the neo shadow variety and that may present more of a challenge than usual. Pointing his fingers at the enemies his blades circled them and cut them to ribbons before they knew what had happened. He was turning when he noticed out of the corner of his eye a peice of paper falling from where the heartless had stood. He went and grabbed it and looked at it, although he couldnt read it, he was illiterate. This could be my ticket to redemption for the Nobody race! He thought to himself. Tucking it inside his cloak he pointed his hand and opened the dark portal he would travel through, stepping through he arrived at what he knew to be king Mickey's castle.
Yugioh World Championship 2011:Over the Nexus Friend Code

5144-5273-5585

Fatalfrost
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami Kilmore on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:48 pm

While Zaft was looking over the wasteland and destroyed cities of his world he since the wyvern approaching. Just as it came at him he back flipped and spun himself so that he was facing the creature he took his long keyblade and swung it down. The crown like end stabbing into it and spiting it down the middle as it went by. He landed on the ground his cloak spreading as he did. He then aimed the keyblade at the wyverns and fired cannonball sized Fireballs at the them quickly. Thus making quick work of them and then watched them vanish into darkness. When it was over he stood there his keybalde hanging over his shoulder and peered down the cliff. "Heartless?...hmm ones like that haven't been seen for some time." he said as he decided to see where they had come from and jumped off landing and began sliding down the mountain side.

Yami Kilmore
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smeagle the Great on Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:48 am

He watched the fight from afar, somewhat impressed. Perhaps the kid wasn't quite as inexperienced as he thought. Wyverns were no easy prey. A Behemoth would surely give this Keyblader a run for his money, but those were hard to come by. As long as the kid was coming this way, he might as well just wait. Better to fight on his own turf, anyhow.

As Zaft entered the city, he passed by a once stately sign made of gold-trimmed white stone, now lying in three pieces on the ground on the side of the road. The sign once had said something like "OMELAS," whatever that meant. Columns of white stone and the remains of beautiful white houses were the predominant feature. The place was abandoned, naturally; one would find no human life here. Probably.

A strange, mournful song echoed throughout the city; it had no identifiable words, but the message was clear. It seemed to come from near the center of the city.

Smeagle the Great
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:27 am

Ralwin walked with the other refugees until they were herded into a small area already packed with people. He looked around for a place to sit down but was unable to find anything right away, until he spied a spot off to the side. He wondered over to the spot and sat down, only to realize why it was empty, it had water dripping on it. Most people would have gotten up and went somewhere else but for Ralwin, someone who had lived on the street for all his life, the water was a minor annoyance. It was then that he realized the rumble in his stomach. He looked around a again and saw what seemed to be people giving out soup so he got up with his spot, he was confident that no one would take it, and went over and got inline with the hopes of getting a meal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mezzo watched as the last of the new arrivals shuffled into the area with the rest of the refugees. He sighed. He figured he wouldn't learn as much here as he thought he would. So with that he packed up his things and decided to wander around town. He looked around and noticed a sign that said "Second District". "Seems like as good a place as any to start." So he walked over pushed the gate open and walked in.

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:35 am

Xikta's fingertips tapped the mirror's reflective surface, darkness spreading from where she made contact. The faces of each of her beloved underlings appeared in the darkness, revealing to the female, cat-like Soulless their locations and immediate actions. "Hm. They all seem to be doing something." She mused, pulling off her black and white gloves to reveal numerous deep red scars across her pale fingertips. It was as if she was mauled by an animal, although she was created with these marks. Her bare fingers touched the glass, the red scars burning with an unnatural light as she channeled her energy through the magic mirror. "Report."

The order pierced itself into the minds of each of her pictured underlings. They now had a choice. Although she could not make them return to her side forcefully-- as she could do with the Soulless she created herself-- she could use the mirror to give them orders, and orders she handed out like candy in Halloween Town. For the other Soulless to report to her, they could either haul themselves to the Endless Plains for a face-to-face confrontation from the malicious and ill-tempered mistress or they could find themselves a mirror to respond back. Xikta rarely encountered her own Society Members face-to-face for these little 'sessions', and even more rarely did she ever have a Society member simply not respond.

~~~

Ioa escorted several of Twilight Town's refugees to the Hotel in the Second District, attempting to keep tabs on each of them and those who wandered off against her will. It was difficult for her to keep everyone in once place. The Third District still had Heartless troubles frequently, and to avoid mass panic, she had forbidden anyone from entering unless they had a weapon and her permission. She barked orders at the hodgepodge group of refugees that could wield anything with an edge to aid the Twilight Town cluster in getting comfortable. "We need to find the Key... If I open up the Third District, I'll need more guards." She sighed to herself.

A small boy, appearing to be half Ralwin's age looked up at him, a large shield strapped to the boy's back. He was garbed all in white, with bright red, jeweled accents along the top edge of his long-sleeved shirt and along the bottom of his armored skirt. His sleeves dragged along the ground, being far too long for his small frame. "Mister, I hope your hopes aren't too high up for something to eat. I didn't get anything yesterday and I'm on the Guard." He smiled slightly. "It's hard to feed everyone. There's a lot of people here, but they give the people who got food a stamp so that there's a chance everyone gets fed." He gave Ralwin a gentle tap of reassurance, not afraid to make contact with strangers. "Don't worry though, if I get food today and you don't, I'll share. My World was eaten by the Soulless too, so we're like brothers." The boy smiled cheerily, looking down the long line for soup. "My name's Tsarin. I'm a Rook from the Kingdom of Games. Miss Ioa let me join the guards because I'm a pretty good fighter, with my shield and all." He pointed to the large shield that was practically as large as he himself was.

~~~

The moment Kuxri stepped foot on the soil of Disney Castle, panic ensued. Several card-based guards-- these had been borrowed from Wonderland-- stood at the front gates to block entry to any outsiders without invitation from the King or Queen. Security had been doubled since Mitsis had vanished from the World she had been working on. The threat of the Society was far too real to ignore, although many of the servants and other royalty in Disney Castle were positive that the Cornerstone of Light would protect them from any outsiders that meant ill-will. A mouse-like female peered out one of the tower windows to see what had caused the tense air around the castle almost immediately. The lovely Queen Cwen, who resemble the equally beautiful Queen Minnie although they had no direct blood relation, didn't appear too worried as she did curious of the strange intruder. He wore the robes trademarked by the Organization XIII so long ago, but she was sure that they had all been defeated at least two-hundred years prior. There was no instant attack on the intruder, as the guards had been ordered not to strike unless attacked first, in case there was the chance that the Keybearer came looking for the young King Mickey at his home.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 am

Ralwin sighed. He should have known that this many people would put a strain on resources, oh well, so long as there was a chance he had to at least try. "Thank you for that offer, if I get food and you don't I'll share with you too." Tsarin... well at least he was someone to talk too, and he figured with this many guards around he didn't have to worry too much about heartless or nobodies attacking due to his keyblade. "That is quite a shield you've got there. You know I'm not a terrible fighter myself when I need to be, but don't tell anyone its kinda a secret." The guard must have been very strained if they were accepting children but Ralwin felt that this boy could probably handle himself if he need to.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:53 pm

Tyro's landing was soft. But he was in an abyss. Soft was a ruckus down here. The only light came from beneath him, from the gigantic stain-glass window he now stood on. Its hard to take in the pattern from where he was now but suring his decent he'd seen it get bigger as he and it collided. It was of him in an intimate embrace with his wife. Her head was resting on his chest as she hugged/ She seemed to be at rest, peacefully sleeping. Clearly, this wasn't all that accurate a picture...
"They mirror the soul and destiny." This voice interrupted the tranquillity with the same effect of a bull-horn. It was a hushed murmur from underneath the red hood.
"I thought you had left me alone." Tyro said, slowly looking up to the only other person on the platform. You couldn't get much in the way of details from her because of the red, hooded robe she always wore. A red, satin ghost.
"I'm here to point you in the right direction....And to say good bye." She said. Tyro's face contorted in confusion.
"Could we get to the point?"
"An organisation of a new creature has now made itself known. You may have heard of the Soulless."
"The little red and black heartless-things? The last two groups of guys to even attempt that squabled and ended up crippling themselves. I don't think I should both fighting something that'll tear itself appart."
"And if it doesn't?" Tyro fell silent...
"Kieran!"
"All right, all right! What do you want me to do? Just go give this new group of loonies a good kicking and telling off?"
"You alone is not enough. I want to you help key barers to hone their skils so they will stand a chance."
"You want me to become their teacher?"
"Mentor."
"That's still a teacher."
"Its imperative that you don't stand alone against the Soulless. I'm sure Yuffie would want you back in one peice."
"OK...I just think your making a fuss about nothing." Tyro crossed his arms across his chest. "But for you and everyone else, I'll do it." Underneath the hood, she smiled.
"Do you remember about the power of names?" She asked him.
"Yes..." Tyro's answer was apprihensive.
"One often feels that one should share their name if they fear their time is nearly at an end."
"What? Are you not pinning much hope on me winning?"
"No...In you I have confidence. I made you the man you are today. The darkness claims all, and it will soon collect me..." She walked forwards, towards Tyro. He watched her walk over to his hear, cupping her and around the back as though this acted like a verbal funnel.

She told him her real name.

The glass beneath Tyro cracked then smashed.He was plumetting again into the depths, watching her sink away into the distance. She did not fall. She just grew closer and closer.

"Ah!" Tyro sat bolt upright. The moisture he could feel was from the fountain he was laying in, not sweat. He pulled himself out and stood once again in the deserted entry hall, covered in a layer of dust. He searched for the details of what he had just witnessed and frantically recorded them. One thing was definately prominant...
"Rosaris..." He said.

There was a far off roar that seemed to come from the only tower that was still standing.

That shouldn't be there...

He picked up his weapon, negotiating his way towards the cry of something that had to be monolythic.

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:03 pm

Xavier recived the order to report and went off to look for a mirror, he decided he'll have to step into the crowd, so he ordered his souless to hide for now as he then jumps into an alleyway and walks into the market area. His hood with a mixture of red, black, and grey forms over him as he enters the crowd. SOme people watch him as he walks by as he then looks to find an antique store. "I'm sure this will do." He thinsk as he enters the store. The owner looks up and greets him, "Welcome sir, is there anyway I can help you?" The owner was abit old and couldn't really notice his appearance well. "Yes...do you have any mirrors around here?" The owner shows him to a mirror and Xavier follows him. Once the owner left, Xavier poked the mirror and the feline leader of theirs appeared. "Xavier reporting, mam. I've been looking around Hollow Bastion for sometime now and now only wait for your approval to mess around with this world..hehehe... the so called "heros" here aren't even a challenge to me and my force."

Ryu was in the crowd as he suddenly felt a familiar feeling within the crowd. "Is that...?!" He thinks to himself as he then looks around quickly. He couldn't see because of the many people. The feeling then faded off as he then stoped looking around. "The feeling....it was just like....his...." He walks for abit more as he exits the crowd, reaching a clearing that had several houses, including one that had weird contraptions coming out of it. He looks at the building in confusion, "What teh heck is that?"

Oblivian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Exilewing on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Exile arrived at Hollow Bastion through the corridor in some back alleyway. Looking around he thinks Hmm I wasn't aiming and I still ended up hidden. Upon leaving the alleyway he sees Children playing, adults working, and just general hustle and bustle of the city. "Well this place is a lot more active then traverse town was" he murmurs to him self. Then he starts to walk along the streets. As he is walking he is also getting some looks from some of the people on the street about his coat. OK now to get my vengeance on them I going to need info and allies and I have to get much more stronger. So how to I do all that? Well I guess I should get some info on the current status of... He suddenly get a weird feeling. " I know this feeling... Its them!" He states a little to loud. With a sudden burst he runs in the way of the feeling. He climbs the wall of a building on to the roof. Where he goes from roof to roof. Until he gets to his destination. Weapon out and his body poised and ready to find... nothing. He looks around bus sees nothing. "Crap I must have missed them" he murmurs in disappointment while putting his weapon away. "But why are they not attacking?" He looks around again to still see nothing. He goes to the edge of the roof and looks in to the square full of people and ponders. "Well this was a waste of time. Now to find someone to get some..." again the same feeling. He looks behind them in that direction. He goes to the other edge and walks off the side of the build and lands in a group of people. OK, I'll move fast but quietly so maybe I can get the drop on them. He puts up his hood and makes his was way though the people and the streets until he comes to a old shop. As he gets closer the feeling gets stronger. He looks though the door to see the old store owner and a man in a black outfit staring at a mirror and murmuring to it. That must be one. Yet he don't look like one of them. But I feel it and I know he is one them. I think I will watch him for some time. He them steps in to the nearest shadow and lets the darkness wraparound him so he could watch his prey undetected.

Exilewing
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Culex on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:59 pm

As Zorga walked down the sidewalk, illuminated by only the streetlights and starlight in the small town, she soon heard the last person she wanted to hear for three eternities. The voice of Xikta rang in her head like the loud cawing of a crow in her head, which made her stop and recoil a bit in a pain as a headache soon followed the commanding voice of Xikta. She looked up in the sky, a countenance of anger and annoyance now paved her face, before her eyes trailed to the right of her to reveal a small antique shop. It took her a moment to realize that she was looking into a mirror, which projected her image to Xikta. Her grin became a toothy one of ferocity and violent anger as her eyes began to narrow at the false Queen, and she quickly straightened her posture and looked into the mirror holding her intimidating countenance.

"Stay out of my head, you frivolous feline freak! I'm no puppet of yours!" Zorga exclaimed into the mirror, her high, raspy voice echoing down the street with ferocity. The street lights flickered a bit as she rose her voice, casting an ominous shadow of her bony face for a moment into the mirror, revealing it to be almost skeletal. Her eyes still transfixed on the mirror, with a gaze that one would think could break the glass. "Command those other fools if you wish. I work alone. Understand?" she said, her voice calmer yet ten times as fierce. Her countenance collected into one more of a patronizing sort, a taunting smile danced from ear to ear across her face, as she gazed at the mirror. "Call on me only if the society needs it. Then I might actually consider helping the likes of you. For now, though, au revoir my false Queen." Zorga's words dripped like a fine poison off her lips and lashed off her tongue like a well-aimed whip, cracking as they hit the ears of the listener rather than easing their way into them.

Without another word, Zorga unsheathed her long knife, and tossed it with deadly accuracy in between the eyes of Xikta's projection, shattering both the glass window that allowed her to peer into the antique shop and the mirror itself into glass shards that littered the ground around her. Zorga made it a point to crush every single piece of the broken mirror as she climed through the broken window into the shop to retrieve her knife, and hoped every smashed piece would ring in Xikta's head like the annoying feline's voice did in hers. A few moments after retrieving it, she looked into the sky once more, the full moonlight once again falling eerily onto her face, making her seem almost undead more than anything. She then began to walk down the sidewalk again, her heels clacking against the pavement as she walked.

Culex
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:28 am

Climbing a long decaying relic like Hollow Bastion Castle actually wasn't too hard seeing as large groups of scaffolding stood against most of the walls as metallic ivy. The attempts to renovate the great and once mighty castle had fallen on hard times. Its quite the hotspot for heartless, even now! Most of the workers quit, fearing their safety and the fact that anyone defending them would have to do so very high up in the air made for a stupidly dangerous job. The fears of people falling to their dooms while working on the long dead building caused the project to halt. They didn't bother taking down the scaffolding though...Some fanatics still use them to work on them No-one stopped them.

So, after about ten minuets of climbing ladders, ten minuets of walking through the small maze the whole place collapsing had created and twenty minuets of scaling rickety structures, Tyro could finally breath a sigh of relief. Or at least, breathe normally again...

He eventually came to a room, a huge room, the ceiling seemed to have been blown off, pipes were either connected to each other on the walls or buckled on the floor. It was what was in it that was much more interesting.

A huge creature, a coal-coloured body with streaks of red, painted across a streamlined body. This lizard-like creature was curled up, partly to conserve space, partly because it appeared to be sleeping. It had huge wings that seemed to be nothing but two razors on either side. It wore a mask of the same metal covered its features and where a long line of hair attached to its chin. The jagged spikes that broke up its back had a small saddle attached to one of them.

Once he tore himself away from one creature, he could study the other. Whatever it was, it was just shorter than Tyro, a shining helmet on its cranium with a matching suit of armour. One 'hand' seemed to have a glove covering elongated fingers, the other was a razor like the other...thing...Whatever it was doing, it was looking into a mirror...

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:53 am

Mezzo was strolling through 2nd district when he heard the shattering of glass. Curious he went toward the sound. That's when he saw her, a girl walking in heels down the sidewalk. "Curious, its doubtful that any normal person would be walking here all alone, especially with recent... events." He decided to follow her. If nothing else and this did turn out to be just a normal person, he would like to take notes over when she was devoured by a heartless, though he had a sneaking suspicion that this was no normal girl, and that he would be able to observe some interesting events in the near future. He moved into the shadows and waited for her to pass him by.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!