Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Lackadaisy [ooc.su]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Lackadaisy [ooc.su]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariki on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:22 pm

inspired/referenced from this web comic
Speak Easy. Live Breezy

When Prohibition grips the country in 1920, Atlas May sets his eatery, the Little Daisy Café, as the front for a successful speakeasy called the Lackadaisy. Situated at the mouth of a network of limestone caves, access to the speakeasy from the Café is only granted to those showing a pin in the shape of a Clubs card suit.

With fairly easy access to illegal alcohol and a steady clientèle, business burgeons, and the Lackadaisy becomes a premier establishment.

In 1926, however, Atlas is mysteriously killed, and management of the Little Daisy and the Lackadaisy falls to his widow Mitzi May. Patronage at the Lackadaisy gradually falls off, bringing it to the brink of collapse, with only a handful of its original crew remaining and doing their best to keep the business alive.

[C A S T]
  • Mitzi May//Twenty - Seven is Atlas' widow and the current owner of the establishment. As its new owner she faces slacking sales, doubts about her ability, and the looming cloud of her husband's murder, for which there are rumors that she may have had involvement in. An unflappable vamp.
  • Roark "Rocky" Rickaby//Twenty - Three is the former violinist in Lackadaisy's jazz band and with the speakeasy's decline he has become its premier gin and whisky runner. He has a manic personality which is interrupted only by bouts of surprising insight and also has a propensity for escaping from dangerous situations. It is implied that much of the dangerous work he does for the Lackadaisy is out of sympathy for Mitzi, whom he claims has done a lot for him in the past. He's the cousin of Freckle, whom he sometimes coaxes into assisting him with his activities.
  • Ivy Pepper//Twenty - One is Atlas's goddaughter, a university student working the Little Daisy's cash register part-time. An intelligent but volatile young girl, Ivy is aware of the goings-on in the speakeasy below. She seems to have an affectionate relationship with Viktor (who tolerates her more easily than he does others), and is attracted to Freckle. Ivy apparently has invited many boys who have caught her fancy to Lackadaisy.
  • Viktor Vasko//Twenty - Nine is an immigrant from Austria-Hungary who speaks with a heavy Slovak accent and wears an eyepatch. He formerly worked as a bootlegger for the speakeasy but has been relegated, by occupational injuries and advancing age (according to Rocky, his knees don't bend), to less physical tasks. He now serves the speakeasy primarily as its bartender, despite his surly and intimidating personality. Used to work with Mordecai. Photographs show that he was probably a World War I soldier.
  • Sedgewick "Wick" Sable//Twenty - Eight is a young entrepreneur who made considerable assets off of work in the local mining and quarrying industry. He is a frequent and longstanding Lackadaisy patron, and Mitzi's new love interest. Often uses his position to attract wealthy patrons to the Lackadaisy during business meetings. Has a charming and suave personality, and displays limitless enthusiasm for the prospects of his quarrying venture, leading other businessmen to make sarcastic comments that he has an inordinate fondness for rocks. However, he seems to have some problems in his private life; he works late into the night, he struggles with the thought that he might be an alcoholic, and his relationship with Mitzi can be strained due to the risky nature of her work and the rumors of her involvement in Atlas' death.
  • Calvin "Freckle" McMurray//Twenty - Two is the kind, meek and dutiful cousin of Rocky, but perhaps harbors some surprising predispositions. Failing in his bid to become a police officer, apparently due to psychological and emotional problems, Freckle (sometimes not entirely willingly) assists Rocky, his cousin and childhood playmate, with carrying out his tasks. He is known to be proficient in the handling of firearms; the "psychological and emotional problems" alluded to earlier can almost certainly be attributed to the mental shift he undergoes (into a psychopathic killer) when he is armed, a phase which has been revealed only recently and one which Freckle is horrified of. He's recently become the target of Ivy's romantic advances. He got the nickname "Freckle" from when he was a baby: much to his dismay, Rocky would always tease Calvin about the single freckle that rested in the crook of a dimple located on his left cheek.
  • Serafine Savoy//Twenty - Five is a member of the rival Marigold gang and self-declared Voodoo priestess. She is also the younger sister of Nicodeme. Both she and Nicodeme are from New Orleans, and speaks with a Cajun dialect, with a slurred French accent and endearments such as 'cher'. When they first came to St. Louis, they were working for a minor bootlegging operation and often caused trouble for the native organizations by hijacking consignments coming upriver. The Marigold, however, were so impressed by their abilities that they decided to hire them for themselves. They are ruthless hitmen with a sadistic streak.
  • Nicodeme "Nico" Savoy//Thirty is the older brother of Serafine and a Marigold gang member with a nihilistic demeanor. Burly and nonchalant. A former boxer.
  • Mordecai Heller//Twenty - Six is a former employee of Lackadaisy from its glory days. He now serves the Marigold gang, often in team with Nico and Serafine. A very neat and precise, and highly sociopathic, contract killer with the air of a certified public accountant. Mordecai appears to be highly inept in his social life, as shown during his interactions with the Savoys and, in flashbacks, Viktor. His name implies that he's Jewish.
  • Dorian "Zib" Zibowski//Twenty - Five is the leader of the Lackadaisy jazz band, playing the saxophone. Cynical, but forbearing with Rocky's scattiness.

[P L A Y E R S]
  • Mitzi May - O P E N
  • Roark "Rocky" Rickaby - O P E N
  • Ivy Pepper - A R I K I
  • Viktor Vasko - R A W R R
  • Sedgewick "Wick" Sable - A R I K I
  • Calvin "Freckle" McMurray - O P E N
  • Serafine Savoy - S I L E N T B U T T E R F L I E S
  • Nicodeme "Nico" Savoy - O P E N
  • Mordecai Heller - O P E N
  • Dorian ''Zib" Zibowski - O P E N

[C H A R A C T E R//S H E E T S]
Code: Select all
[size=150][color=#804000][font=Constantia]Full Name Here, Sil Vous Plait :)[/font][/color][/size]
[left][img]Realistic Image; Stick To The Time Period![/img][/left]
[color=#804000][size=100][i][font=Constantia][u]Nickname[/u][/font][/i][/size][/color]
[justify][size=85]Only One, If Any.[/size][/justify]
[color=#804000][size=100][i][font=Constantia][u]Age[/u][/font][/i][/size][/color]
[color=#804000][size=100][i][font=Constantia][u]Gender[/u][/font][/i][/size][/color]
[color=#804000][size=100][i][font=Constantia][u]Basic Appearance[/u][/font][/i][/size][/color]
[justify][size=85]Just The Basics.[/size][/justify]
[color=#804000][size=100][i][font=Constantia][u]Persona[/u][/font][/i][/size][/color]
[justify][size=85]Keep It To The Point![/size][/justify]
[color=#804000][size=100][i][font=Constantia][u]Brief History[/u][/font][/i][/size][/color]
[justify][size=85]What Got Them Started In This Business//What Brought Them To The Lackadaisy[/size][/justify]
[color=#804000][size=100][i][font=Constantia][u]Other[/u][/font][/i][/size][/color]
[justify][size=85]Any Other Tid-Bits Not Mentioned Above[/size][/justify]
Last edited by Ariki on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Proud mommy of Eli James.
Born June 15, 2015.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ariki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Inspiration Lifegiver

Re: Lackadaisy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:42 pm

Mitzi Loretta May
ImageNickname
Call her Mitz if you're too lazy to add an "i" at the end.
Basic Appearance
Pretty and somewhat petite, Mitzi is your typical head-turner on the street, with maybe a few more curves than she'd like. You see, she doesn't necessarily favor her chest nor hips, preferring to pull off the flapper style with ease rather than creating an odd-shaped silhouette. She's got long legs and an hourglass shaped torso, inherited from her grandmother, and delicately pale skin from lack of time spent in the sun. Her gold-as-sunshine locks are normally worn in the era-appropriate short trim, wavy and parted on the side. She's got piercing green eyes that are typically narrowed and intent, with one eyebrow quirked upward. She's got a sarcastic smile that's more often than not behind closed lips, which are normally painted red in a showy fashion.

Persona
Mitzi was always "just Atlas' wife", and though she played the part well, she desired to have more of a place in the business. She was always fiery and passionate, but that seemed to stay behind the scenes once she was married. Somewhat coquettish in certain situations and full of vigor in others, Atlas tended to scold her some when he'd catch her being a little more outgoing than he liked. She was always a handful and longed for more of a carefree life but she managed to still be in love with the man regardless of how well they got along or not. When he died, she had no idea what to do, and switched right into dramatic panic mode. Although she tried to hide the fact, she'd need help sooner or later no matter how much she wanted to be in control.

Brief History
M

Other
Any Other Tid-Bits Not Mentioned Above

editing
Last edited by Lavender on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." Larry Lorenzoni

my photography blog

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Lackadaisy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariki on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:46 pm

Sure thing. Go right ahead.

Ariki
Member for 15 years

Re: Lackadaisy [ooc.su]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaytayy Emm on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:24 am

I'm working on a sheet so I can try for Ivy. :)

Kaytayy Emm
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:34 am

Disregard. Don't have the time, and doubt I'm in anyways. :P
Last edited by Tyle Kalrian on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Any idiot can handle a crisis - it's this day-to-day living that wears you out.' - Anton Chekhov

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:24 am

Kaytayy, Ariki is playing Ivy.

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariki on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:41 am

Kaytayy Emm wrote:I'm working on a sheet so I can try for Ivy. :)

Yes, I am. Sorry, dear.

@ Tyle; I'm going to go ahead and read over some of your old posts to see if I think you can handle what I'm looking for, if that's okay (:

Ariki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaytayy Emm on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Oh. XDD It's okayyy!! (: Nevermind, haha. I didn't get too far on the sheet anyway.

Kaytayy Emm
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariki on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:37 pm

You can still be a part of the effort, if you'd like :)

Ariki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rawrr on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Viktor Almos Vasko
That was the only picture, save for Army ones,
that Viktor has ever made an appearance in.
This was in 1921, while emigrating from Belarus.

Nickname
Just Viktor.

Basic Appearance
Although from the photograph, you couldn't really tell what he looked like now. Back when he was just fresh from the army and the war, Viktor looked absolutely handsome and energetic, but years caught up to him quickly with the stress of living in a new country. He'd lost his eye in a knife fight, gotten far more rugged and rough, though still handsome as can be. Except for the fact that the man rarely socialized unless he absolutely needs to. His accent gives him an exotic atmosphere.

Persona
Quiet, contemplative, and irritable; those are the regular three words to describe him. He doesn't take lightly towards high energy individuals and will most likely relieve them of his company or the other way around. The reason why the man is quiet, is because his thinking is far more active than his mouth, the problem is, you'll never know what he's thinking.

Brief History
Back in Europe, there's bound to be hell, and Viktor, as far as he remembers, has been in the middle of hell almost the entirety of his younger years. He was in the army at an extremely young age, overworked himself otherwise, and along with his family, lived the poor life rather than wealthy. When his health proved to be almost his death, Viktor decided to leave everything in Belarus behind and emigrate to the Great America. There, he was able to get into a lovely little speakeasy and run bootleg, but his hard work and health was catching up to him, and the man, although still a young age, was having trouble continuing with the hard work. Now, as much as he hates himself for agreeing to this, he now bar-tends.

Other
-Viktor's parents are Hungarian, his blood-line a mixture of other eastern Euro ethnicities.
-He was once married; no one knows this, and no one will.
-He agreed to bar-tending just so he could stay with Lackadaisy and the family that they've developed.
Last edited by Rawrr on Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

smoke it, feel it, fly it high.

Rawrr
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariki on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Ivy Rose Pepper
Nickname
Ivy works just fine.

Basic Appearance
Ivy's appearance is one that is quite darling, to be honest. With her sharply cut bob of bouncing black locks, that pretty white smile, complete with a pair of dimples, and her honey toned eyes, it's hard to imagine the young woman as being anything but sweet, amiable, and down right gorgeous. Ivy is quite petite. Without the painful addition of heels, when she's simply wearing her favorite pair of boots or ballerina slippers, Ivy tops off at, just barely, 5'2''. Though she isn't as voluptuous as most women in that day and age were, Ivy's shapely figure is still obvious in all that she wears. Which brings us to her rather outrageous attire. Ivy has always been one to draw the eyes in a crowd, and her wardrobe accomplishes exactly that. Rather it's a bit of flashy costume jewelry or a feathered hat positioned perfectly atop her pretty little head, Ivy always puts on a show stopping display.

Persona
Keep It To The Point!

Brief History
What Got Them Started In This Business//What Brought Them To The Lackadaisy

Other

Sedgewick James Sable
Nickname
Wick, please.

Basic Appearance

Persona
Keep It To The Point!

Brief History

Other
Last edited by Ariki on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ariki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Roark Rickaby
Nickname
Rocky

Basic Appearance
You'll never see a day when Rocky isn't on a roll. Most watch him walk into the Little Daisy dressed up like the Rocky he is, never failing to put on his favorite tie when it's been washed and pressed by his dear aunt Nina and his brown hair all combed up and ready to go, and most watch him walk back in with his clothes and face soaked in sweat, mud and some other liquids, clothes in disarray, and so on. Not surprisingly, the reason for this is that he has the amusing young lad has the completely amazing ability to survive any trouble he gets into. It would probably have to be attributed to his long, slender physique and his height of six one; even Viktor agrees. He has a smile that never fails to give the people creeps and scare the customers both in the Little Daisy and the Lackadaisy, especially with that stare he gives people with his light grays.

Persona
He is everywhere.

Brief History

Other
Last edited by wednesdaysun on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:12 am

Ohh, this is so relevant 'cause we're studying The Great Gatsby in english right about now ;3
I really love this idea & thank you for the invite Ariki.
I'ma try out forrr Serafine and I'll have a sheet up as soon as I've caught up with some other stuff. C:

Jordan Serafine Savoy
Nickname
Serafine always goes by her middle name; she never gives away her real first name - only her brother calls her Jordan.

Basic Appearance
Serafine Savoy stands at an average height of approximately 5'5" and sports a slender figure that's complimented by a willowy frame. She's certainly not an overly curvacious girl and could be called lacking in that area but there's no mistaking that 'Jordan' makes up for what she naturally doesn't have. With an almost delicate, fairy-like appearance, her dark, verging on black, mass of curls that're often styled in a marilyn-monroe kind of 'do, set off a pair of perfectly pale grey-blue eyes. They're the kind that if they're looked into too deeply will capture your heart and soul all with one look; once you've been caught up in their captivating embrace, one will find it hard to look away. Not to mention, having always been one for standing out in a crowd, Serafine often lines her eyes with thick, dark make up, making them look a lot wider and a lot more vivid than they are in hindsight. Also, contrasting with the colours she has going on already, are perfectly puckered lips that are more often than not coated with a crimson shade of red lipstick.
For all intents and purposes, Serafine fits perfectly into the category of women from her time period; with a flapper inspired style and a natural beauty to hold it off well with, there aren't many who can resist her graceful appearance, or the husky accented voice which just about completes the spider's web that Serafine continues to spin for all of those who aren't bright enough to see what's really going on.

Persona
Having been referred to as a 'shadow in the night' many a time in her life, it isn't difficult to figure out what kind of a personality that Serafine Savoy beholds. She's certainly a woman not to be crossed, what with her intricate being, the delicacy and innocence that she pulls off so well. These false features along with a name that suggests nothing more than cherubic values couldn't create a larger false sense of security if they tried.
Belonging to a time period that's best known for the growing independence of women certainly reflects the kind of girl that Serafine is, however, where the flapper era and the roaring twenties have a large part in defining her persona it is surely the events of her past that have created a girl who carries not only an enchanting beauty but the brains to go along with it. Serafine knows how to play her superiors, after all, that is why the Marigold's hired her and her brother is it not? But at the same time, this devlishly beautiful girl likes to play with her toys before revelling in the pleasure of fulfilling yet another difficult task. There's no mistaking that Serafine is as soft as the secrets that she whispers into your ear, as tantalising as the tequila that trickles down your throat; to an outsider, she'd look like no more than a delicate rose swaying in the breeze and only would her thorns come out to prick your finger once you were too consumed in such gentle beauty to be able to escape.

Brief History

Other

editing C:
Last edited by SilentButterflies on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:18 pm

Ariki wrote:@ Tyle; I'm going to go ahead and read over some of your old posts to see if I think you can handle what I'm looking for, if that's okay (:

I can understand that :P Though I will have to keel you.

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rawrr on Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:47 pm

I'm done. :)

Rawrr
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariki on Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:15 pm

I love them all, so far. Good job with Viktor, Rawrr<3 I should have Zib and Ivy done soon.

Ariki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Epicurean on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Friendly competition c: This is a completed sheet, btw. Sorry if it's so small :(
I might double up as well.

Mitzi Leigh-Ann May
Nickname
Just Mitzi

Basic Appearance
Mitzi Leigh-Ann May stands at five feet and eight inches, a tall height. This tall height sometimes works to her advantage, but it also makes her seem intimidating. Then again, who could take that innocent face seriously? Her eyes are a light blue, her face doll-like and without blemish. Her nostrils flare whenever she lies, which crumples her features to make her look annoyed or pissed off. She has a head of blonde curls, usually covered by a hat of some sort. The way she dresses is on a broad scale. Although it's absolutely scandalous, she'll dress as a man if she needs too. She wears long pants no matter what and sometimes long dresses.

Persona
They say a women is like an onion. You have to peel back the layers. Well, with Mitzi May there is more than meets the eye. Beautiful appearance and a graceful charm, there's more lying underneath the layer of a good housewife. Although she was obedient to Atlas, if you pissed her off, you'd get an earful. And sometimes, she'd take things to physical abuse as well. She was passionate, fiery, and hated being demanded. Therefore, at the death of Atlas, Mitzi started to do things for herself and block out all the other opinions of men around her. She could do this herself, she didn't need help. Some say they could happily watch Mitzi die of her ambition... but Mitzi is blissfully ignorant to their thoughts and stays demanding and rude.

Brief History
Upon receiving the business, Mitzi made it her job to take control. She didn't let people push her around or persuade her. She took orders from herself and herself only. She tried hard to make herself look strong when Atlas died and tried to run the business. She was too feminine in her eyes for this kind of work, and started to change her physical appearance by dressing in a more manly fashion.

Other
She isn't exactly literate or good with numbers, but she's educated enough to run a business to a slight extent.
Last edited by Epicurean on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Epicurean
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:15 pm

Eeek, been a busy weekend. I should be done soon, though.

Lavender
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:56 am

Say, fellas, I adore the comic and would love to partake, but here's the truth--a human counterpart for Mordecai is really, really difficult to find. Argh.

So yeah, just a heads-up about my interest.

P.S.: Rawrrawrr, when did you get back in town? <3

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:10 am

Tae, why don't you try the old Square America archive on the 'net?
I think that'd help. :)

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!