Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ruyn Chronicles: The Winds of Fate

Last Day on Earth!

a part of “Ruyn Chronicles: The Winds of Fate”, a fictional universe by Sylwyn.

After nearly three thousand years, a crumbling empire faces devastation when it uncovers an ancient secret that may very well alter the course of the world itself.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ruyn Chronicles: The Winds of Fate”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Last Day on Earth!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Now that the headline got your attention, in accordance with Ruyn and the unrelated Mayan Calendar (we all know the world isn't going to end. Aliens are taking over. They already ready started at the southern U.S. borders! xD), I am giving you all a voluntary *cough*mandatory*cough* free-writing exercise in character development. The key to writing believable characters is to give them breath, thought, history, life! Everything that happens to them, everything they know shapes who they are/will become.

No editing your posted answers (post them, here, of course), and no judging other people's answers. This should come straight from inside, no matter how ludicrous it seems. Your assignment is: If it was your last day on earth, ask yourself these questions:

Where would you go?
What would you do
Who would you spend it with?
How would you want to go out of this world?
What legacy would you want leave behind for the future?

Doesn't have to be any specific length. You rant, rave, write a wall of text, go one liner answers. One words... however much or little you desire to share! And, keep these in mind when you are writing for your characters. They have feelings, too!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Re: Last Day on Earth!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Where would you go? Hell.

What would you do? No.

Who would you spend it with? No.

How would you want to go out of this world? No.

What legacy would you want leave behind for the future? Nope.

In a semi-ironic way the sarcasm itself has character depth.
^This is extreme bullshit and I'm just lazy.

I've also edited this three times already.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blazezon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Group Theory Visual Appeal Property Buyer Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:09 am

Where would you go? - to Church, to prepare my soul to meet God.

What would you do? - Confess my sins and say goodbye.

Who would you spend it with? - My family and my closest friends.

How would you want to go out of this world? - Either quietly, with a loved one nearby, or knowing that by my death I might be accomplishing something.

What legacy would you want leave behind for the future? - I would want someone to take that novel I've never been able to write and make something wonderful out of it.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:23 am

The first time I saw this, I thought it was to write from your character's perspective.

Where would you go? - Wherever I could to stop this form being my last day on earth!

What would you do? - Try and stop this from being my last day on earth!

Who would you spend it with? - Anybody, is fine. Someone I have never met before might be fun. Especially somebody from a different culture! Or somebody interesting like the Nelson Mandela, the Dalai Lama, or one of those people who work with doctor's without borders. Perhaps in addition to those, surrounded by kittens and/or puppies!

How would you want to go out of this world? - I wouldn't! Unless it was by way of an extra-terrestrial voyage!

What legacy would you like to leave behind for the future? - Legacy's are lame, they only speak of the end of something! However if I were to leave one it would be a deed that greatly improved the quality of life for all mankind without sacrificing anyone, but only as long as my name wasn't remembered for it. Or maybe if my name was cursed for it, that could work also.

....KITTENS AND/OR PUPPIES! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:45 pm

My answers:

I would go or stay wherever I am needed.
I would spend it with the people I love in what ways I was able.
I would want to, quoting "If I Die Young," with peace and love.
I want the people I love to know without a doubt I love them, and the world to know how much beauty there is in it and humanity and to have faith in trust in themselves.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:12 am

What passed has passed, but who cares?! When a form is made, I must always fill it in. And- This one shouldn't be an exception, I think.

Where would you go? - Here's hoping that I could havve Flash' powers and visit every country in the world and shizz.
What would you do? - Be in awe of historical places.
Who would you spend it with? - Me, myself, and I. Sadly, I'm not one for family-trips, nor would I bring someone else.
How would you want to go out of this world? - Well, I saw Final Destination some time ago, maybe I could go out in one of the weirdest ways possible?
What legacy would you want leave behind for the future? - The world is ending, as is mankind. So there'd be no logical reason for me to leave anything, nobody would be able to find whatever crap I left behind.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!