Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Last Rights, Interest Check & OOC Chat

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Last Rights, Interest Check & OOC Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Sat May 09, 2009 12:03 am

((Ok guys this is my first thread here on this site so bare with me :P I have run several threads before on other sites, but I am always up for suggestions. so feel free to send me pm's with suggestions for this thread Let me know what you think and if you would be interested!))

Rules:
-No God modding
-No player killing without players prior approval and mine
-Use correct grammar and spelling when ever possible, this includes No abbreviations or TXT speak.
-You must clear characters through me before they are posted on the IC thread
-All posts will be longer then two paragraphs or don't bother posting.
-if you follow these and the rules of the site we should be just fine.

((This story is based loosely off of the World of Darkness rules and story. I have taken some poetic license with the story, but still like the ideas behind the creatures and magic in this world.))

History

Basically what follows will help you better understand the plot line.

You find yourself wondering in the ruins of a large metropolis. A storm begins to roll in, and a freezing cold wind picks up off of a huge near by lake. You find door way amongst the rubble of an old building. The door appears to be bent inwards but the dark room beyond seems inviting enough compared to the freezing air outside. You wonder in find some old timber and light a small fire. As you warm your hands over the flames your eyes see a plastic object not far away. When you pick it up you realize its a tape recorder. You press play on the voice recorder, and a woman's' voice starts speaking from the old dusty machine. Her voice was calm, beautiful, with a tone that sounded almost like she was telling a good joke, but the tone quickly turns to sadness and despair.

"The year is 2039 we all witnessed the gates of hell open on the 25th of December 2012, and from that time we continue to strive for freedom. I really don't know how it started. I just remember the death, the chaos, and the darkness. I was only a little girl after all, just 8 when it all happened. I remember the news reports I remember the images of the creatures ripping themselves from the gateway. And then I remember them.... It seemed odd people that I had seen on the street at night, people that we thought we knew. People that turned out to not really be people at all, but more like things? Things would be a good description. They fed off of us.. the living.. and when the gateway opened I guess there was no reason for them to pretend anymore? Pretend... HA!.. yeah I guess that's the truth. Once the super natural world was reviled, they didn't need to worry about the game anymore. So the Vampires stopped playing after the Mages opened the gateway, then it all went down hill. The humans faught, valiantly even, for almost a year. But the Vampires had control of everything.. they had puppets in every office.. in every system of government. So even when we tried to fight they just shut us down. In July 2014 the non aggression pact was signed between them and us. Most of us that were left were shipped off to breeding colonies in various areas all over the world. Concentration camps would have been a kind way to put it.. Death camps would have been more truthful. Those that went peacefully believing the propaganda were experimented on, lobotomized, and/or used as slaves. I was lucky I was above the 36 parallel.. the line the Were-wolves took as there own in North America. Lucky though is one way of putting it.. unlucky could easily be used to describe it as well. Vampires may be dead things that took our freedom, or lives, and our world.. but were-wolves are creatures that hunt us much like deer. North America has gone back to the wilds. Electricity, gas, sky scrapers, grocery stores, hell even roads are not much more then a memory anymore. But! that doesn't stop humanity from trying to survive among the ruins. We live in small packs in the wilds, some of us even have treaties with the local were-wolf packs. Vampires are an ever present worry though. They aren't supposed to go above the 36 parallel, but that doesn't mean they don't.. That's why we started the "Hunters" we hunt everything from Vampires to wolves, and of course every fucking Mage we come across. But I really don't think even with all that, even with the talent we have that we can ever go back to the way it was before."

A mans voice sounds in the background, "Get ready they're coming!!" His voice panicked seeming out of place with the woman's voice, there is a slight pause.

Then she starts talking again her words a little rushed,
"Before all hell broke loose, before when we were the rulers of Earth.. or so we thought. I'm making this so some one maybe will remember that humans were once free... And maybe remember me.. I'm Elsa Roberts a member of the last human remnants of Chicago. The date is October 22nd 2039 let it be known we held out for 5 days before now. May God have Mercy on us all"
A loud crash is heard and gun fire then several screams before utter silence and the tape stops.

Setting:

The story will be set in a small town on the coast in Main. The town is called Remembrance and is ran by a Hunters guild. It is one of the few human ran towns above the 36th Parallel, and a non aggression treaty is in effect between werewolves and humans in the area. There are some broken roads that lead in and out of the town, but for the most part people use horses, or travel by foot. The town is surrounded by small farm steads ran by humans, it has a bar, a general store, and a small broken down hotel. There is electricity in the town, though its not terribly reliable.

((The setting is placed near the Appalachian mountains above the 36 parallel))

Races:
Humans: There are regular humans some with light magical abilities some with just pure intuition. Be specific about their abilities and equipment and how they survived all this time.

Vampires: For the most part Gangrel, Tremer, Malkavians, Brujah, and Sabbat are the only ones that would cross over the 36 degree latitude line. But also other bloodlines would if they were against the Vampuric Republic and migrated north to escape them. You need to be very specific about your abilities, your age, and the reason you are that far north in Were-wolf territory.

Were-wolf: All kinds of types and tribes roam the region have fun. Please be specific about your abilities and your equipment.

Half breeds:

-There are rare crosses between vampires and humans. Though most of them are killed by one side or the other some still make it out alive. Please be specific as to your abilities and how you survived.

-There are also odd offspring of werewolves when both parents are full werewolf, They can range from something that looks like a full wolf with human intelligence to a human with a tail and/or ears. They are rare, and for the most part killed when they are born, so a big back story will be needed.

-Demon crosses are also present. When the gates to hell were opened by the Mages' all sorts of creatures were let loose upon the world. Some times they intermixed with humans, by choice, some times vampires did crude experiments crossing human and demon, but for the most part the offspring are killed, or locked away.

((Use this Character format, and please be specific and detailed))

Character skeleton
Name: (First Middle Last) {middle is optional}
Race:
Weapons and armor:
Abilities:
Appearance:(picture would be helpful)
Personality:
Extras and others:
Bio: (must be detailed and well written please guys!)

((I wont start the thread until there is a good group of people to run it with.))
Last edited by Neava13 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." Buddha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Lifegiver

Re: World of Darkness post-apocalypse Interest Check OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marcus on Sat May 09, 2009 1:12 am

Name: Marcus Wolfshed
Race: Human
Weapons and armor: A Belt Knife( though it is more for show than it is for action even though it has seen some combat) A cross bow and at least 10 bolts
Abilities: Can heal others with his right hand but at the cost of harming himself.
Appearance: Marcus is of slim build with one eye that is faded gray and another that is brown. he has brown hair and seems to rely on his right leg sometimes more than his left.
Personality: is cool and level headed about things. does not like to be pushed around but hates power struggles.
Extras and others:is a little paranoid about new people and even when he gets to know someone he is still a little wary of them.
Bio: Marcus was born on a night that was filled with blood shed and was carried off by his mother and into the woods. Marcus only had his mother until he was 12 when a vampire killed her but not before she was able to cut off the vampires right arm. The vampire who had lost his right arm to Marcus's mother put a curse on Marcus's right hand and told him that he would have eternal suffering as he helped those he loved. Marcus has been on the move ever since.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marcus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: World of Darkness post-apocalypse Interest Check OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Looks good Marcus! lets see if we can get some more people to join before I start it up.

Name: Josephina Moira McGregor
Race: Vampire
Weapons and armor: Internal impervium claws, no armor, 4 throwing knives.
Abilities: ((Celerity 8, Auspex 2,)) Increased movement speed, Ability to hear heart beats, and see body heat, Amazing agility, and dexterity. Extensive stealth training. Torpor by staking, death only by decapitation.
Appearance: Image 5'5" 110 lbs. Small framed, lightly muscled, pale skin, blue eyes, and long red hair.
Personality: Says what she thinks, and never regrets it. Tends to be a bit harsh, but seems to mean well most of the time.
Extras and others: She would do anything to protect a child
Bio: Born in 1888 to an Irish family that quickly moved to America she grew up in the Irish quarter of New York. She was married at the age of 15 and enjoyed her marriage for a year before her husband was brutally murdered and she was abducted by a man that later became her Sire. Many years of torture, training, and hunting shaped her into a perfect killing machine. Her small frame, eternal beauty and youth gives her the edge over others, because she is often under estimated. After over 80 years of utter hell on Earth directed by her Sire she broke free and later killed him freeing her odd line from his curse and their creator all in the same fatal swoop Jo became the lines progenitor and her lines most powerful member. Jo's vampuric line is unlike any other.. they dwell on chaos... in fact if they don't give into chaos they go utterly insane within the course of a decade. The curse of the Trinity line is utter insanity, none escape it.. in truth Jo was two people for most of her immortal life Josephina, and Katerzina. Two very different people in the same body but both parts of the same person. Each member of this line of vampires descended from the most ancient of Greek myths manifests their insanity differently. Some like Jo's Sire and the progenitor of the race with utter malice, sociopathic tendencies, and intense paranoia. One thing is for sure though as time passes they all become more and more insane.

She moved above the 36th parallel to avoid the Vampuric republic, and to hunt Vampires that hunted humans.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Lifegiver

Re: Last Rights, Interest Check & OOC Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Demon Goddess on Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:17 pm

I'm extremely interested in joining this, but I have never done this sort of role-play so I will ask you to forgive me if I'm not the greatest at it.
ImageImage

Demon Goddess
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:53 pm

NP hun I am still getting it all organized and set up. Sadly school and everything has me very busy, I have no problem if you are new to this sweety just think of it as writing a small book with a group of people. Do you have any questions?

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Demon Goddess on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:11 pm

Hm... Well, I have role-played before, but never in this type of setting. >< I'm gonna go whip up a profile. ><

Demon Goddess
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:23 pm

Ok sweety, I can't promise you that I will have it up and running any time soon. I have a lot of work to iron out on it and I have school starting soon. I will try and get it together, but I can't make you any promises. I will however add you to my friends list and contact you when I get it finished if that is ok? That way you don't have to be sitting and waiting while I finish the details to get it rolling.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!