Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Legend of the Dragoon: Hidden in the Twilight

Legend of Dragoon: Hidden in the Twilight IC

a part of “Legend of the Dragoon: Hidden in the Twilight”, a fictional universe by Mid.

Legen tells of nine warriors with the power of dragons. They appeared in the planet's time of need and disappeared just as quickly. The wind tells no sign of their whereabouts, while the ground leaves no footprints. It's almost as if they ceased to exist.

Characters Settings Story
For any roleplay based on video games.

Legend of Dragoon: Hidden in the Twilight IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:53 pm

A knock sounded against the thick crystal door causing an echo within the room. "Come in," was the reply of a woman with dark eyes. She slowly lean her head into her left hand as she watched a man limp into her audience chamber.

"My lady," came the thick reply from the nearly balding blonde man. "I'm afraid to say there is still no sign of it." A deafening silence filled the room. Daring a glance, the man's blue eyes flickered towards her shoulder. He could tell from the woman's narrowed eyes that she was very angry.

A small sigh escaped her lips, "I'm sorry to hear that, Omar." Omar's eyes widened in terror as her right hand glowed a deep orange. It was frightening and yet he found himself unable to look away. Soon the glow traveled up her arm towards her face, turning her black eyes red. She smiled a fangy grin as she spoke, "I guess you have to be punished then... Hahahaha--NOOOOOOOO!!!"

"A-Annie?! Wake up!" an older woman cried out, gently shaking the small girl awake. Within seconds the girl awoke.
Bai Bai bby

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Legend of Dragoon: Hidden in the Twilight IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:46 pm

Ruddi looked around in amazement, shifting his pack to his other shoulder. The city was huge. He had never seen such large buildings before, nor so many venders on the street selling a multitude of items, ranging from weapons, cloths, regeants, food, and so much more. He glanced down at his coin purse. It hung limp and nearly empty. He sighed as he approached a weapon stall. There were swords, axes, spears, and many other scary looking objects he had never seen before. All from simple to very elaborate, rich looking designs. He hefted his somewhat rusty, simple longsword in it's scabbard, testing it's handle with his fingers. He felt assurance from the sword, even though he knew he didn't need it here in the city. It still felt like a guardian, especially since it had belonged to his father.

"Hey there lad, interested in some of my wares?", a large man, bald with bushy blonde eyebrows, leaned over the stall counter, staring down at Ruddi with a glint in his eye, "I have daggers, rapiers, guisarmes, all of various and intricate designs. Or are you perhaps interested in the more... miraculous? I have an assortment of knives hand crafted in the moon tirade by princess winglies!"

Ruddi backed up, holding his hands out in protest, "Er... sorry sir, I don't think I could ever afford that..."

The man cut Ruddi off as he abruptly turned to another passerby and began shouting out the same words. Quickly before the man could turn back to him, Ruddi rushed off down the cobble stone street. As he walked, more venders yelled out words at him. Trying hard to ignore them, he continued on, but couldn't help glancing at their wares. Big cities were strange. Ever since he left home, he had stopped at a number of towns and villages, none this hectic. He had spent alot of the time staying in the barns of farmers, doing work to pay them back for the stay and some food. Here though, he doubted he could get away with that, he would have to use the little money he had left to get a room at an inn, then decide from there where to get some work. He hoped he could perhaps find the guard's barracks and maybe sign up for the city militia, but he wasn't sure at what age they took recruits.

Ruddigrin halted in his steps as he passed by an old man sitting on a stool, eyeing him rather closely. Strange. What was this old man's issue? Ruddi stared him back in the face and shrugged.

"What are you looking at me like that for?", Ruddi asked bluntly.

The old man gave him a toothy grin, "You boy... Heheheheheh. You are searching for a place to stay right? The Travellers Tail is only straight that way", the man pointed up the street, "Past the bakers and tailor, you can't miss it."

Ruddi gazed towards where he pointed, he scanned the area but couldn't see a bakers or tailors. As he turned back around the old man was gone. He looked around himself, turning in a complete circle. What? Where could he have gone? Ruddi shook his head and decided all he could do was continue up the street. As he walked he could just make out the bakers. So the old man wasn't lying. He recalled the name, The Traveller's Tail. He kept his eyes on the many signs he passed.

"Hey watch it!"

Ruddi looked up as a young woman crashed into him, knocking him flat on the floor. Ruddi dazedly sat up, his hands propping himself up off the floor. As he turned back to look at the person who had knocked him over, she abruptly turned down an alley. All he could make out was a brown ponytail flowing behind her. Man. People sure were rude in the big city. But no worry. Ruddi was sure he could handle himself. Standing up a little dizzily, he noticed that right before him was a large sign that read, The Traveller's Tale. Rubbing his bottom in pain, he stepped into the tavern.

Raucous noise filled the room. It was dimly lit with men sloshing ale and food about, joining in a singing chorous of raunchy, but quite funny songs. Ruddi couldn't help but laugh as he passed the men. They seemed a bit rowdy, but generally good natured men. As he approached the tall black haired innkeeper, he could make out a scar running down from the man's forehead to across his left eye. It was intimidating, except the man was smiling broadly at him.

"Excuse me sir, I'd like a room please. And perhaps a meal as well." Ruddi looked up smiling.

"Sure thing kid, only a copper for a room for the night", the brawny, black haired innkeeper stated.

Ruddi nodded and reached down for his money pouch. His hand was where it should be, but nothing was there. Oh no! Ruddi looked around him. Did he drop it? No it was tied rather tightly. As he examined his belt loop, he noticed the draw string still there. The girl that knocked him over! She must of cut it. Tears brimming in his eyes, Ruddi looked around franticly. This wasn't good. He quickly rushed to the entrance of the inn. Openign the door, he decided, he needed to find the girl that took his stuff.
--------------------------------------------------------
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone."

-Lance Clayton

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

papolatte
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:28 pm

Taking her time through the city with her hands behind her head and the sun to her back, Meredith felt at peace here in the city. It was hard at first to move her family out of Mile Seaseau but in her heart she knew it was the right thing to do.

The clinking of her armor bought back memories she'd rather forget. She could still hear the screams in her dreams and smell burning flesh and wood. Shaking her head clear of these thoughts, Meredith realized she'd walk past her stop. But something caught her eye, a small article on the recent deaths in Furni.

Turning her head in disgust, Meredith retraced her steps until she reached the small old INN or The Traveller's Tale. A few howls and whistles were heard as she entered. Smirking, Meredith walked pass them and straight to the Inn keeper who seemed busy with someone, "Sorry to interrupt, but my mother was wondering if you had more of those healing herbs?" She smiled at the boy before realising his tearful eyes, "Are you alright?" was all she could ask him.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okamii on Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Rose walked into the INN, passing by the boy and women, glancing over, looking slightly, and sat down at the bar, as she raised her hand slightly to the bar tender, and looked back at the women and the boy. "..What's wrong with that dude?.." She wonderd to herself, as she saw the tears form in his eyes as she walked by, beginning to show her nosey ways. "Here you are." The bar tender said, setting down a glass of whine in front of Rose. "Thanks." She said, takeing a drink of the whine, and continued to slightly watch the boy, and the women.
°×∑мð•ρåŋđå×°

Okamii
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Kaen inhaled deeply and then sighed. The bar smelled like beer and pipe-smoke. Not unpleasant, but it just wasn't what he liked to have circulating in his nostrils all the time. But on the other hand, it was a place to rest and have a meal. He finished his meal, bread and some beef stew, and paid the innkeeper. Walking to the bar, he got a flagon of beer, and stalked back towards his table in the rear of the establishment, his chainmail clinking slightly. He noticed as a newcomer, for it was obvious that it was a newcomer by the dirt and grime on his clothes, bumped into a young girl. They rose and the girl dashed out. Kaen noticed that the girl was carrying a purse, and deduced that it was probably the boy's. He scowled. That is the absolute worst thing that a person can do, only scum and those worse than scum do that to a person., he thought. Draining his flagon, he walked over to the boy who had just gotten robbed. "Hey you. Need some help recovering your property?", he asked in a deep voice.

ZenMon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:14 am

As Ruddi peered down the crowded cobble stone street, all he could make out was a large moving crowd. The girl that had taken his purse had to be long gone by now. He walked back dejectively towards the innkeeper, where he had dropped his backpack. He stood there for a moment, considering his options. He didn't wanna spend another night outdoors, and evening was creeping on them. He sighed and quickly wiped his eyes as he picked up his pack.

"I... I'd better go...", he said looking away from the innkeeper. He didn't want people to see the tears starting.

As he started away, two people approached him, a much taller man, who Ruddi had noticed had been at the bar, and a pretty lady who had just walked into the bar. He held his pack tight with one hand and backed up readily. He watched them both carefully as they questioned him. He didn't wanna seem like a crybaby, so he quickly blinked his tears away and looked up nonchalantly.

"Well that girl outside... she took my money... but it's okay", he forced a grin, "I'll figure out something I'm sure." Ruddi considered the man's offer to find her, but he shook his head, "Shes probably long gone by now. Last I saw, she had darted down an alley."

Ruddi sighed inwardly. His first day in the city and already things were going so bad. He was so taken away with all the sights and people, that he allowed himself to be a walking target. He felt like an idiot right now. He had no clue what to do, or even where to go, and now being moneyless, that wasn't going to help in the least bit. His hand wrapped around the hilt, testing the sword in it's scabbard once again. At least he still had the rest of his belongings. As he tried to cover up his look of despair at the two new strangers, his stomach began to growl. In the splendor of the city, he had forgotten how hungry he was.

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:40 pm

Kaen looked at the boy. He felt sorry for him, and decided to relieve his troubles. Reaching into his coin purse, Kaen drew out 5 silver pieces and pressed them into the boys palm. "Here you go. It'll help you find some food and a place to bed down for the night.", he said. Grinning at the boy, he walked back to his table and sat down, his hand resting on one of his kamas.

ZenMon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:12 pm

Ruddigrin looked down at the 5 silver peices. He had never held this much money before. He watched the man head back towards his seat. Ruddi couldn't just accept his money. Especially not this much. It was, after all, his own fault for being snookered. Ruddi sighed and followed the man, holding the money back out to him.

"Listen sir, it's nice of you and all, but theres no way I can just accept this much. It was my fault my money was lost. Not yours."

Ruddi could see the candle light in the inn reflecting off the silver shine of the coins. He glanced up and took in the man's full figure. He wasn't old, but definitly an adult. If the man hadn't been so nice to him, Ruddi probably would of done his best to avoid him. He didn't seem very scary, but in a way menacing, but he knew that most things weren't what they seemed in the world. He also figured, that the man probably wouldn't take back his money. From the way he was dressed, Ruddi guessed he probabaly had more of it.

"You know, if you needed me to work for it, I can do that. But I don't take handouts. If I did that, I would be nothing better than a beggar." Ruddigrin nodded matterofactly at the man.

He would rather work hard for just a few copper, than recieve 5 silver for making a baby out of himself in public. He glanced back at the girl who had asked him if everything was allright. She was a bit older than him too. As he looked around himself, he noticed a younger girl sitting on a stool watching him, probably about his age. He felt somewhat awkward, wondering if she had seen his tears too. He wasn't sure how long she had been watching him. He already felt diminished in front of these people. He would rather proove his worth to them, instead of making them think him weak, or just a kid.

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:37 pm

Kaen watched as the boy came to the table, wanting to give back the silver. "I gave you that money. It is yours now. But if you want to work for it, I suppose I could find something for you to do.", he said. He looked at the other woman who had talked with the boy, and then at the girl sipping the wine. He grew curious, then dismissed them. He turned back to the boy. "What is your name, and where do you come from? What did you do for work, so that way I can know what you can do.", he asked the boy.

ZenMon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:12 pm

Ruddi smiled as he sat at the table, across from the man. The man seemed pretty friendly. Ruddi was just glad the man would be willing to let him earn the money, instead of making him just take it. He didn't like doing things like that. Clearing his throat, Ruddi decided to tell the man what he wanted to know.

"Well truth be told, I'm not too sure what I'm looking to do here, but I have experience in a few things!" Ruddi counted his fingers off as he recounted past jobs he had done, "I used to deliver letters and packages around my town, but I was way younger then. They make all the kids, when they reach a certain age, do those sorts of things, that way they familiarize themselves with everyone. Then when I turned about ten, I started off as an apprentice at the local blacksmiths, though honestly, it wasn't really my thing. I never liked making the weapons and armors that the others used... but whenever I saw a completed sword, or axe, I always just wanted to... well.. aha, nevermind that. But about 2 years ago, I was able to get in one of the youth militias in our town. We were used mostly for the menial tasks that the real guardsmen didn't wanna do... but we got the training to use our weapons and strengthen ourselves." Ruddigrin hefted his sword, in its sheath, onto the table. "This was my dad's. He gave it to me when I left."

Ruddi sat in thought for a minute. He told the man most of his skills. He couldn't think of anything else really. He was nervous about telling the man his real ambition though. To join the army, and become a hero. The kind that, when they return from a battle, there is a crowd in the street, cheering him on. Granted he had only read about such things in books. But he was sure they happened, especially in these big cities. Ruddi glanced up from the table and into the man's eyes. This man was nice enough to him, he might was well be a bit more honest.

"Truth is...", Ruddi's face turned bright red, "I.. I wanna be a hero. The kind you read about in books. The kind who go into battles and come out veterans, who risked their lives to save others, you know?" Laughing at himself Ruddi continued on, "I know it's just a kid's dream, but still... I... oh. Aha. I'm sorry, I still haven't really introduced myself. I'm Ruddigrin Antero... er... I go by Ruddi though. I'm 16, and I'm from a small town,Til Oak."

Ruddi hoped he didn't sound foolish to this man. Just by looking at this man, Ruddi could only think of him being an experienced warrior or mercenary. He probably would laugh at his own foolish dreams of wanting to be someone important. Most adults did. But still, Ruddi couldn't help but feel comfortable with him. He just hoped the man wouldn't send him away after hearing his story. Ruddi knew, really, how unimportant he really was.

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:38 pm

Kaen listened to Ruddi tell his tale, listening with genuine interest. "It sounds like you are skilled in many trades. And you joined the local militia you said correct? Hmm....I think that you can help me more than you know.", he said. He looked around again, looking at the girl sipping the wine. I wonder what she is after. Her eyes haven't left us the entire time. I'll solve that little mystery later., he thought. Kaen's eyes wandered over to the other woman, the one who had talked to Ruddi also. What kind of person wears armor like that? SHe's not ordinary in the slightest bit. I had better be wary of her. He turned his attention back to Ruddi. "Well Ruddi, I would like to have you as my assistant. You'd help me with my things, and assist me in my tasks. Do you think that you can handle that?", he asked.

ZenMon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:27 am

Indels Castle, a place of fair maidens, noblemen, a King a Queen and all the trinkets and baubles you could possibly want. Well some might want them anyway. The cloaked figure scaled the wall with the grace born of a man of the sea. Any man who says men of the sea have no grace is clearly a fool. No where else will one see such skill with the rapier or a man that can scale rigging during the most terrifying squalls. The figure scaling the wall however, was not a man of the sea; at least not anymore. He had long given up the life for a more…err romantic one.

He easily found the hand and foot holds in the old castle allowing him an easy ascent. The people who were far below him milled about like tiny insects oblivious to what was going on above them. It was a good thing too; the last thing he wanted was people pointing at the man climbing the tower bringing much unwanted attention. He made it to a stone outcropping and rested for a moment. He surveyed the city below him making a mental map. He would need to know his escape rout well if he was to get out unseen. Once he had his route picked out he continued his climb.

He made his way to a portal where he met one of the many maidens. She waved at him and smiled while giving him a knowing look. He put his finger to his lips and continued his ascent. He heard the woman giggling as he moved away from the portal. His destination was just a few more feet above him.

He reached his destination and rested. He would have to make himself small for the next part of the task. It was a narrow chute used for ventilation but it would serve nicely. He pulled himself through the passage being careful not to move to fast lest he loose his footing. Nearing the end, he prepared for the rafter dash.

He was as nimble as gazelle as he made his may across the wooden planks. His destination was in sight. He was happy to see his information had been correct. There were no guards during the day, after all thieves only struck at night.

He landed in a crouch barely making a sound as he crept to the amethyst colored pillow that held the Emerald of Basil. He reached into his pocket and removed a flawless replica. The glass cutter that supplied him with it was clearly a cut above the rest. He gently lifted the precious stone and replaced it with the fake. He smiled in triumph as he tucked the gem away.

“An impressive display, my complements, your skills are quite impressive.”

Marcus turned almost stunned by the deep voice. “Aw hell… The girl tipped you off huh?”

The armored man crossed his arms and stared at the thief as if sizing him up. “Actually it was our local glass cutter Sven. We had heard that the emerald might attract the wrong crowd.”

Marcus pulled the emerald from his cloak. “It’s a fake too huh?”

“Indeed.”

“All that work for a piece of glass. I don’t suppose you’ll let me go. I mean my pride is clearly hurt and no crime has been committed… so what do you say?” His sea blue eyes shined with feigned hope.

The armored man put his hand to his chin as if pondering the question. “I could let you go, but what lesson would you have learned. No I think some rehabilitation is in order. I hear they have a fantastic program at Hellena.”

“Uh oh.”

“I see you’ve heard of it. I’ll have the wagon waiting outside. Shall we?” The armored man gestured in gentlemanly manner toward the door.

Marcus walked passed the man who followed close behind him. “You know I have to hand to you. You’re the first man that has ever come this close to capturing me.” He took off at a run making it into the hall. Soldiers were lined up on both sides but his avenue of escape was clear. He leaped through the portal praying the hay cart was still below it. “Please let it be there. Please let it be there.” He was about to say it a third time when he hit the piled cattle feed knocking the wind from him momentarily.

The armored man peered out the window and whistled. “He’s as crazy as they say. He’ll be back.”

“We’ve been robbed!” A frantic man came running to him. He stopped to catch his breath. “Sir, we’ve been robbed.”

“Fool! It was the fake the real one is hidden beneath the dais.”

The man hadn’t calmed down. “I know that and apparently so did our thief.”

“What! But how?”

<><><>
Marcus had ditched the cloak and was now walking down the streets with a smile across his handsome features. He loved it when a plan came together. He made his way to the glass cutter’s shop and dropped off a small bag of coin then faded into the crowd.

As he made his way through the crowd he heard footsteps approaching at a rapid pace. He turned to see a young woman coming at him. She seemed oblivious too him and those around her but his trained eye knew better. He grabbed her arm as she attempted to relieve him of his purse.

"Ow! you're hurting me. Let me go." The woman cried out.

Marcus pulled her close and stared her in the eyes. "Quite! Thieves shouldn't call attention to themselves."

The woman immediately went silent. She looked at him with fire in her eyes then finally said, "How did you know?"

Marcus grinned. "It takes one to know one. Now who might this belong too?" He said while deftly removing from her purse with severed ties.

"It's mine I stole it fair and square." She said as she reached for it.

He gripped her arm tighter. "Who does it belong too? I won't ask again."

"I don't know. I took off some tourist. He was headed for the INN... the Travelers Tale I think."

"Thank you. Now go."

"Wait that isn't isn't fair. I was only trying to get money for food." She protested

"And what your victim? How will they eat?" He reached into his own purse and pulled out a hand full of gold coins. "Here, spend it wisely and find a better profession." He said as he handed the coin to the girl.

He left the girl standing with her newly acquired wealth and made his way down the street. "The Travelers Tale huh?"

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:57 pm

Kaen looked around the room, still waiting for Ruddi's answer. He eventually grew sick of the pipe-smoke and the loud throng of patrons. "Well Ruddi, I'm going to head outside for some fresh air, this pipe-smoke is starting to get to me. I'll be back later, and if you want to talk to me, come to my room, its the third room on the right after you acend the stairs.", he said. Rising from the table, Kaen strode to the door and opened it, letting a wave of sound crash over him. As the door to the inn shut, the noise was cut off and replaced by the din of the marketplace. Making his way through the crowd, he saw a man carrying a purse with cut strings. Thinking that the purse could be Ruddi's, he reversed direction and followed the man. His hand went under his cloak, a hand wrapped around one of the kamas hanging from a loop on his belt.

ZenMon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:00 pm

A little irritated by the lack of an answer, Meredith quickly asked for a drink while she waited for her herbs . Upon receiving it, she took one long sip. Feeling the lukewarm liquid creep down her throat, a wave of relief filled her insides.

She listened lazily to the room, her thoughts wandering. It wasn't until a ragged looking man with three missing teeth should up swinging his beer and spitting with every word he breathed that she found herself staring.

"A HERO, you say?" cried out the drunk. "So you wanna waste your life away believing in fairy tales? HA HA HA!!" He looked around himself, a few others sat silent. "Can you believe this kid? Wake up son *hiccup* this is reality! No such thing as herrros. Just war and death!" Within seconds he slipped back into his wooden chair spilling spirits on his filthy clothes. "More spirits!!" he hiccuped.

The bartender merely shook his head and obliged. "No such thing as heros, huh?" Meredith said beneath her breath before drowning her drink. "Time to go."

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:53 pm

Ruddi watched the man stand up and take his leave. He still sat at the table, thinking about the offer. This man's assistant? Ruddi didn't really know the first thing about him, not even his name, though he did seem nice. Leaning back in his chair, he watched the man head outside. He should at least hear out what being this man's assistant would mean. Maybe he was a knight! Ruddi grinned broadly at that prospect, and as soon as the man was gone, an obnoxious drunk spoke up, scoffing at Ruddi's ambitions. A scowl drew on his face and as he looked back at the noisy drunk, the chair legs slipped out from under him and he fell hard on his back. Laughter filled the air as Ruddi quickly jumped up to his feet.

Turning angrily towards the drunkard Ruddi raised his fist in anger, "You have something to say to me jerk?"

The man turned slowly and lazily towards Ruddigrin and leaned in close to his face. Ruddi could smell the stench of stale liqour on his breath.

Tha drunk grinned, "You have alot of matsa kid! HAHAHAHA. Let me tell you something. Heroes just don't exist. Those stories you hear, the books you read, just made up by some people with smarts." The drunk belched loudly before turning back to his alcohol.

Ruddi stood still in place. "You are wrong. Heroes do exist, they only come when they are needed though. And those stories... they started somewhere, they might not be completely accurate, but they are true! Sometimes you just gotta believe in those things!"

Turning on his heel, Ruddi marched out of the inn, very aware of how corny he had sounded. He knew the stories he heard weren't complete fabrications. Even if the details were wrong, they had to start somewhere. Shaking his head Ruddi stepped down the front steps of the inn. He felt a bit embarassed. He didn't think anyone was overtly listening to what he was saying. He figured everyone was preoccupied, especially with all the noise in there. He felt violated in a way. He had revealed openly something he believed in, and some drunks scorned and laughed at him for it. He would return to the inn a bit later, when he was sure happy hour was over. His face red with embarassment, Ruddi walked down the cobblestone street, kicking a small rock every few feet. Right now, more than anything, he just wished he was home.

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:08 pm

Marcus walked through crowd with little effort. Living in a city like this taught you many things, one of which was becoming just another denizen. The people moved like a well oiled machine the perfect picture of order. It was easy to spot those that didn’t belong; they stood out among the norm. Fear and confusion could be seen in their eyes and they were often taken advantage of. Like the one who lost his purse, which he now held.

Though the people moved like one entity when in these crowed groups, they were often oblivious to what was going on around them. Their minds were filled with what ever task they had set out to do as well the myriad of distractions that encompassed them. To a thief however, it was much different. Men and women in his line of work used all of their senses. Marcus’ keen eye took in all his surroundings while his sixth sense picked up on the vibes of those around him.

He was being followed. He stopped and the one following him stopped as well. He could feel the malicious intent of the one who stalked him. Marcus had no weapon but he didn’t need one, however if the stalker was an assassin, his martial skills may not be enough. He took a gamble and decided to confront the stranger. He kept his back to the person as he spoke. “You’ve been following me for some time now. Tell me, what business do you have with me?”
Last edited by Dalmar on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:26 pm

Kaen grinned. This was no ordinary citizen. "You have something that is of interest to me. The purse with the cut strings? I believe that it does not belong to you, but instead it belongs to my friend. I would like it back. Now.", he said, his grip tightening on his kama. If there was a fight, and there was a small chance of that happening in this crowded street, he was prepared. The many years of physical exertion and fighting other opponents of varying skill levels had steeled him for battle. "How do you answer me, sir? Will you give it back or do I have to take it from you by force?"

ZenMon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:31 pm

Marcus grinned at the man’s reply. He turned to face his stalker. Standing before him was a man almost a head taller then him. He was dressed in a dark hooded cloak and plate armor. His yellowish eyes seemed neutral but he thought he detected a slight eagerness for confrontation. Marcus examined the hand that gripped the deadly looking Kama. It was a firm but not a white knuckle grip. Alarms went off in his head. The man was an assassin.

Without his hooded cloak Marcus looked very much like a nobleman but there were those who had seen his face clearly enough to not be fooled. Any one of them could have hired this man. Marcus took a brief look around him. He could easily make it to the rooftops but he knew it would be a futile. While his agility would work against the local guard, he was almost certain this man would have no trouble following him. No, it was best to end this as soon and as peacefully as possible.

“That quite the weapon you have there. I’m interested in seeing your skill with it but I’d prefer not to be on the receiving end.” He looked at the purse he held in his hand. “You're correct. This purse doesn’t belong to me. I wrested it from a young woman who had misplaced ideas on how to get money for food. Is your friend around? I'd be happy to return what he lost.”

Dalmar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:03 pm

Ruddi stood leaning over the giant stone bridge, staring into the canal that passed through the city. He bundles his arms tightly around himself. It was cold, and the wind was starting to pick up. The sun still hadn't set yet, but it was on the horizon. Soon it would be night. The crowds had already dispersed, and only a few people were on the street, even most the venders had been packing their things up as Ruddi passed them, no longer throwing out lines or exclamations to attract customers, but instead quickly and determinedly set in leaving.

Ruddi sighed. It had been only a week since he left home, but he had travelled far. Most of the time just walking til his feet hurt, but after the first couple days, his legs were stronger and that didn't slow him down much. He had passed a total of 2 small farm villages and a small town as he made his way to Basil. He wasn't even sure what he was gonna do here, but he knew hae had to do somethign soon. It seemed as if becoming this stranger's assistant might be his only option at this point. He resolved that as soon as he returned to the inn, he would ask the man exactly what being his assitant would entail.

Reaching down, Ruddi picked up a flat stone, and tried skipping it down the water in the canal. It sank with a loud plunk. He could never manage to pull it off. The older kids in his village did it all the time. Ruddi stretched out his arms and yawned. He reached down to his side to only just now realize he didn't have his sword. He must of left it at the inn. With a reigned grunt of effort, Ruddi pushed himself off of the bridge. He didn't wanna go back there just yet. He was sure his sword was safe there, the innkeeper saw him bring it in, as did the stranger, so he was positive they wouldn't let anyone take, they were, after all, pretty nice. In fact, even the obnoxious drunk from before wasn't mean, he was just being a typical adult, laughing at a kids dream of being a hero.

Ruddi quietly leaned over the wall of the bridge again, letting his hands dangle above the water. He never knew that having to make such decisions for himself would be so hard. If only he knew what was right.

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:06 pm

"Thank you for the compliments.", said Kaen. He released his grip on the kama, allowing his cloak to resume it's original position. "The boy whom the purse belongs to is staying at The Traveler's Tale. I believe you have heard of it? Come with me, and I will show you who to return the purse to." With a swish of his cloak, Kaen led the way to the Traveler's Tale, looking back at the man every now and again.

ZenMon
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!