Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Legend of the Dragoon: Hidden in the Twilight

Legend of Dragoon: Hidden in the Twilight IC

a part of “Legend of the Dragoon: Hidden in the Twilight”, a fictional universe by Mid.

Legen tells of nine warriors with the power of dragons. They appeared in the planet's time of need and disappeared just as quickly. The wind tells no sign of their whereabouts, while the ground leaves no footprints. It's almost as if they ceased to exist.

Characters Settings Story
For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Legend of Dragoon: Hidden in the Twilight IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:00 pm

Ruddigrin's eyes fluttered open as his head bounced up and landed back on the wooden surface. He tried moving his arms and legs, but they were securely tied, a bit too tightly. He could feel the pressure making his hands and feet tingle. The whole room he was in rocked again. What was going on? Where was he? He winced in pain as he struggled to sit up. Failing at that, he layed quiet and still, listening with all his might. He could make out the sound of horses, quiet voices murmuring, and crunching gravel and dirt. Groaning quietly to himself, Ruddi made the connection.

The guards. They must of arrested them all. But why were they in a wagon? Ruddi began to worry. They weren't going to take them out into the wilderness to kill them, were they? Taking a deep breath, he winced in pain as his body rocked a bit. Everything was sore and ached terribly. Allowing his body to remain still, and letting his eyes wander his suroundings, he could see just within his peripheral vision, bars that shot up towards the top of the wagon. So they were more or less locked in the wagon. Other than that, he couldn't make out anything behind him, if the others were in the wagon with him, he couldn't see them, or hear them over the noise the cart was making.

Why would the guards do this? It had to have been obvious that they were attacked by the thugs, not the other way around. Then again, Ruddi was a stranger, and for all he could know, the thugs could of been well known and liked people in the city. Ruddigrin tried to think of someway he could get out of this. Maybe if he still had his sword, he could cut his bonds free. Looking down, he could see they had stripped him of it, along with his pack.

Another bump, this one harder than before, bounced Ruddi up and onto his other side, allowing him to see more of the cart. He was alone. Noone else was in the wagon with him. He strained his hearing to see if perhaps there was another wagon nearby, and though it did sound as if something else was moving in unison with his wagon, he couldn't be sure. He sighed in despair. He knew his hopes of becoming part of the guard, or of joining the army, were now dashed. He would be considered a criminal, even though he had killed noone and only protected hismelf. He forced hismelf to not cry, believing it would only show weakness, and not help him think of a solution. THat was when he spied his red backpack. It was down past his feet, towards the front of the wagon. There were large bars above it, probably leading to the cabby where the driver was. If onyl Ruddi could make it over to his stuff, maybe he could think of a way to free himself.

Even though his body ached, he made himself wiggle and worm his way over to his bag. The process was slow, and with each movement he winced in pain. As he reached his bag, another bump sent him forward into it a bit. Great, now all he had to do was turn around. He managed that about halfway when he heard something from above him. Looking up he could see a man looking from the bars of the cab of the wagon.

"Well, well, what the hell do we have here? I hope you dont have plans of escaping, or using a hidden weapon on me boy?", the man snarled.

Ruddi gasped in fright as the man promptly reached through the bars, grabbing him by the hair and threw hima cross the back of the wagon as hard as he could. Ruddi cried out in pain as he hit the bars, slumping back on to the floor. This time he couldn't hold back the tears. The wagon continued on.
--------------------------------------------------------
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone."

-Lance Clayton

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

papolatte
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:28 pm

Sevick walked up to the man he knew only as markus's friend, but he couldn't help staring at the woman there was someing about her some feeling the same feeling he got when he was near his mother and her people as a child. his mother was a wingly so he knew this woman must be one too. Then he refocused on his goal and looked at the man.
"I know you're that thief's friend and i know you must have saw the battle. and i know were the gaurds are heading so i ask you will you help me?"
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:55 pm

A small groan escaped her lips as she regained consciousness. The restraints on her wrists were impossible to remove. She looked around, hearing only the sounds of the wagon moving along with someone crying.

The smell of sweat and mold caused her nose to wrinkle. Taking a breath, she called out "Where are you taking us?" She waited. A long while past before someone responded, "Wont be long now." he laughed.

Annoyed with her head throbbing, she looked in the direction of the cryer. "Listen, you'll be fine. I promise. Nothing will harm you." she whispered. Hearing the sobbing bought back countless memories. She would not allow a repeat.
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace on Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:18 pm

Velek came to, looking up at the night sky, he was completely bound in thick, heavy chains. He turned his head to either side, seeing the tops of the guard's heads. He was apparently chained to the top of a wagon. He looked ahead, and in the distance, saw Hellena prison. He heard voices under him. He slowly began tapping, until the wood cracked just enough for him to be able to hear whoever was under him better. The crack was big enough for whoever was under him, to see his giant hand, and the starry sky, and maybe Hellena, if they looked just right.

He was still wounded, apparently Guards don't know anything about basic first aid, or healing potions, at least the left the knife in. Not that it would do him much good since his arms were chained down. He could probably break them, although that wouldn't be a good idea. The wound would probably be enough to keep him from fighting at full strength. Although maybe if who ever was under him was friendly, they could hatch a propper plan, and maybe he could break the wood enough to fall through. and break free who ever was in there, provide he didn't fall on them. He could tell the wood was not very thick, as it was already trying to give under his weight, a little more force, and maybe he could fall through. The chains seemed to just be done around the entire wagon, his feet were bound with strong rope, and lots of it, it would be easy enough to cut it, as the knife was still in his chest. All that mattered now was who was under him, and wether they wanted to risk escape now, or in Hellena.
"It's gonna take more than that to dust the Boss."- Sean, after my car accident.

Ace
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Ruddi looked up as he heard a voice. He couldn't make out where it was from, but it was close by. Too afraid to move, he layed still. He must of missed where it came from before, since he couldn't get much of a good look around the wagon to begin with. He heard the gruff guard from up front, the one that had thrown him, reply to her question. After he heard the girl's voice, he recognized it immediatly. The woman from the inn. Quickly wiping his face on his shoulder, he stifled his crying.

"I wasn't crying. I was just laughing a bit...", he replied quietly. "That guards throw was pathetic."

He didn't want to be thought of as a baby in front of a girl in the least.

His head throbbing, he tried to look over his shoulder, but to no avail. "My names Ruddi by the way.", on a second thought he added, "Do you know where they are taking us? You don't think.. they are gonna kill..."

His voice trailed off as he heard a quiet crack. He tried to look around, to determine where the noise was coming from, but then a few wooden shavings fell on his face. Shaking his head gingerly, so that the shavings would stop tickling his nose, he looked up. There was a small hole in the ceiling. He couldn't make out much other than it was night. The hole was almost pitch black.

"Can you see the hole in the ceiling? It's right above me. I think theres something trying to get in!", he whispered with extreme caution and quietness. The last thing he wanted was to get thrown around some more.

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Life.Death.Tragedy. on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:39 pm

Lilac lept into the air and turned around.

"Oh! good evening... I- um... I'm standing" She said, her face paler than it had already been, " Why? what are you doing?"

.Life.Death.Tragedy.
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:44 am

She chuckled but said nothing. Leaning her head back, Meredith took a breath and looked around a few times. There was nothing much to see but darkness. A small shiver crawled down her spine; Meredith had always held a small fear of the dark.

Keeping her eyes alert, she heard the boy speak again. Ruddi asked a rather interesting question before cutting off. "A crack?" she thought as a small beam of light entered the room. Using the wall behind as leverage, Meredith attempted to stand; stumbling a few times. Making it towards the crack, she attempted to look through but saw nothing. "Well, Ruddi I'm Meredith. As for where, I'm going to guess Hellena Prison. For if that weren't the case, we'd be in Indel by now..." Falling gently to the ground, Meredith blew her hair from her face. "As for who they're going to kill... My guess would be me." She became silent as her eyes remained on the opening.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace on Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Velek could hear them better now, but he assumed that speaking would be futile, as he was facing up, and he wasn't sure they would be able to hear. He decided to make the crack bigger, and again, he started pushing pressure on the wood until his fist fell through, the wood broke with a loud crack, but none of the guards seemed to take notice. He had enough slack in the chains to move his arm now, and managed to get up to his bicept free of the chain. He put presser on the wood with his elbow next making a decent hole in the top of the wagon. At the very least he might be able to give them comfort from the night sky. He reached his hand in the hole as far as he could, trying to feel for someone.

Ace
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:07 pm

Ruddi watched the giant hand burst through the opening. He immediatly knew who it belonged to. That made him even more nervous, with a large hole in it, woudl the top of the wagon hold the weight of the large man. Ruddi tried to wiggle out of the way, but his body felt like lead. Each limb heavier than he could lift. He could now make out the woman, Meredith, she said her name was. He wondered where the others were. If they were dragged on top of the wagon, or in another one, he couldn't be sure. He turned his attention back to the giant's hand sticking through the ceiling. Ruddi tried to recall his name, but he could only recall the large man referring to himself as friend.

"Friend?", Ruddi called out softly, "Friend... er... what are you doing? Are the others up there with you?"

He was confused by the large man's actions. Ruddi was certain that the ceiling would cave in, and he wondered if the giant had thought everything through. There was something of an innocence about the giant, that escaped even Ruddi. The thought of him falling on top of him made his bones ache already. Ruddi didn't think he could take any more pain. Being robbed, tackled in the pitch dark street, cornered by thugs, beaten up by thugs, knocked out by guards, thrown by guards, and now off to some strange prison. He had had terrible luck ever since entering the city. He agreed silently to himself, that if he ever got out of this situation, he would never set foot in a large city again.

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:24 pm

Velek was relieved, knowing that Ruddi was at least safe. "Friend..." he said softly trying to keep from alerting guards. "Velek thought light might make you feel better..." He paused for a moment. "Knife still in Velek's chest... might be able to get it out...Velek can get free.. make distraction." He got quiet again. "Other friends not captured, got away." Velek looked up into the sky, and again saw Helena prison in the distance. "Up to friends, try and get away here, or in big building...Is girl okay? Soldier hit girl hard.." The wagon continued on, shaking and rattling along along the dirt road.

Ace
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:35 am

Kaen started when the man came up from behind him. Looking him over, he knew that he was the man who had been watching him talk with the other man, who was apparently a thief. "If you know where the guards are heading, then I shall follow, because they took a friend of mine.", he said. Kaen turned to the woman. "I am looking for companions, to help me find my new assistant. Since this man knows where they are, I'm going to accompany him. I can tell you're not an ordinary person, probably not even human. So tell me, what are you and what is your name?", he said to her.

ZenMon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:58 pm

A smile crept across her face at the gentle giant's words. "I will survive. Thank you for you're concern." It took Meredith a moment to realize her legs were falling asleep; she moved them around a few times. "Well..." she flinched as small waves of feeling washed over her legs, "We've got two options. First, we can take our chances. We've got one knife, one wounded yet rare Giganto, one wounded young man and me with who knows what out there." she whispered.

"Or..." she eyed Ruddi for a moment, "We can break out at Hellena... or try too... What do you think?" Meredith directed her question to Ruddi.

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:00 pm

Sevick Looked at the man and the woman again.
"They took your friend and the others in a wagon headed for Hellena" he said in a grim voice, "normaly I work alone but only a fool enters Hellena alone"
He took a breath then Looking at the man he said "My name's Sevick"
Sevick offered his hand for shaking

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:53 pm

"My name is Kaen. Good to meet you Sevick", said Kane, taking the man's hand and shaking it. "What is the plan to get them out of there? I'd like to get my assistant back, I need him. So tell me, what do you have in mind?" Turning back to the woman, he looked her over, then turned back to Sevick. Crossing his massive arms, he waited for an answer.

ZenMon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:01 pm

"I was Hoping to get horses and attack the wagon before it gets to hellena" Sevick answered, "but they have a head start so if they get there first...we'll have to break in"
once again Sevick looked grim as if somehow he knew it would have to be plan b

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:42 pm

Ruddi looked over at Meredith and smiled weakly. He had never heard of Helena Prison, but from the way theses people were talking about it, he didn't like their chance of escaping it. Then again, he didn't know how good they would be against all f these fully armed guards. He doubted he could run very fast in his condition, much less out sprint full trained and athletic guards. Perhaps Valek could hold them off a bit, but that would only be sentencing him to his death. Ruddi took a deep breath and shook his head, speaking just loud enough for Valek and Meredith to hear him.

"I don't like our chances of getting away from the guards. If anything, we would probably be killed if we tried, ya know?" Sighing he looked at Meredith, "And you said they wanted to kill you, this would only give them cause to do so. I say we vote on it. It was my fault that you all are stuck here. I don't want any of you to die because of that, I vote to wait, so that if the chance shows up, we can escape under more equal terms. But if you guys vote to try and escape now, I will do my best to get the guard's attention while you two escape. It would be the least I can do... I... I'm sorry about this, really."

Ruddi felt ashamed. It was more or less his fault. If he hadn't been so embarassed and angry, and didn't rush out of the inn, the thugs wouldn't have chosen him as a target, and everyone wouldn't be in this situation. He only hoped the others escaped. He figured after watching Meredith and himself go down, they probably would of ran away. Valek was a big guy though, so he might not of been fast enough. Glancing back up towards where Valek was, Ruddi wondered.

"Hey Valek, can you see anything up there? Anything going on around us? Like how many guards or anything? Do you see this Helena Prison yet?", Ruddi asked quietly.

Right now Valek was the only source of information as to what was going on, Ruddi wanted to know as much as possible. He hated being left in the dark about things, and since either death or imprisonment waited for him, he wanted to be prepared.

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:59 pm

The Grey Stallion galloped through the night, his rider pressing him harder and harder. His breathing was heavy and his coat slick with sweat. Every muscle and joint ached but he pressed on. He felt his master’s hand on the side of his neck and the reins were tugged telling him to slow down. He began to slow till he was brought to a stop.

Marcus stepped from the stirrups and patted his horse. “I’m sorry old friend but it’s a matter of urgency. We can’t rest long.” The horse responded with a whiny. “Marcus saw the fatigue in his horse knowing there was no way it could go on. He pulled out the Healing Breeze and looked at the exhausted animal. “I wonder if this stuff works on horses. Only one way to find out.”

<><><>
They rode through the rest of the night, the horse only slightly fatigued and the rider feeling completely refreshed. It would be dawn by the time they reached the merchant city of Lohan.

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Life.Death.Tragedy. on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Lilac looked up at him, her eyes narrowing.

"Im doing nothing. why do you ask?" She stated, folding her arms aswell. Her wings moved slightly, but she kept them down.

.Life.Death.Tragedy.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:14 pm

Melanox looked into the woods as he sat down and peeled a fruit he wasnt to familiar with. His axe layed on the tree next to him and he rested himself in a way. He mearly looked and peeled. His bird had come and told him of what had happened, so he waited to see what would happen. Honestly he was a little intrested and wanted to hop up and help them but he couldnt risk it and he was hungry. He sat their and finished peeling his apple and took the first bite.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Life.Death.Tragedy. on Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:57 pm

Lilac looked up at him.

"My name is Lilac and I am a hunchback. got a problem with that?" She asked, feeling slightly irritated.

.Life.Death.Tragedy.
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!