Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Long Term Search

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Long Term Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JonahFrenchToast on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Good Morning/Evening fellow Rpers.

Lately things have been going really slow for me. The few RP's that I was in failed because people seriously lack the interest to post at least once a week (Eye roll). I do have a few Private RP's going on, and I would like to have more to keep me busy while I'm on. RP is my get away for this crazy thing we all call life :). But any-who onto the juicy stuff:

What I Need:

-For Chris Hitchens sake! At least two posts a day
-Two paragraph minimum, BUT if you are able to give me one paragraph with amazing detail! Alright then :)
-Please give me something that you know I can work with, and I'll do the same
-Be literate, Even I have to use spell check every now and then, so don't be lazy. Of course if English is not you first language, then you have a pardon by default, but a t least try.
-Don't just up and abandon the RP without letting me know.
-If you feel it is going slow, or want to change direction, please, don't feel afraid to let me know.
-To get to know you as a RP-er before we begin a RP, it helps me know what you expect, and don't expect ya' know?

What I Like:
-Fantasy (Vampires, Faes, Wolves, Psychic powers)
-Young adult(Senior year in high school, Emo related, PRegnancy, First year college, runaway New kid, Etc. )
-Reality(See above)
-Romances, (PG-16 preferably, all details will be discussed through PM)
-Adult (Marriage, Big company, New house, Divorce, Cheating, old flames)
-Horror(Ghosts, Killings, Murderer, Eye witness, survived Victim, Hostage, Haunting, Necromancers)
-Original (Share your ides with me, I promise I will listen
-Tv/Movies(True Blood, Victorious, Cirque Du Freak [Movie], Domino, REPO!: The Genetic Opera, Alice in Wonderland:Through The Looking Glass[Tim Burton])
Books (Winter Girls, Speak, Twisted All by Laurie Halse Anderson, Willow by Julia Hoban, Let me know if you have any others)

What I DO NOT Like:

-Vampires that sparkle
-Constantly playing the victim
-Abandonment (Enough should be said abut that (*_*)
-Cybering
-Killing off characters without permission
-Illiteracy
-Pure ignorance
-GM-ing!!

I am on nearly everyday, Weekend I am usually logged on all day, which doesn't mean iI am necessarily sitting at the computer. During the weekdays, I am usually on from 6pm-10pm Central. I am still in school, which means I won't be on Twenty Four seven, and I won't always be at my best. Like many human beings, I get writers block, and MIGHT slip in a one liner, which is extremely rare for me. So I understand if you get writers block too, just don't "Get" it all the time. I would prefer to do a Partner x PArtner RP through Pm's here on the site.
Last edited by JonahFrenchToast on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slowly Recovering, Still can't walk
FML
love you's :)
0_O
-Jonah

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JonahFrenchToast
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Long Term Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aulelei on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Sorrrrry ;(

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aulelei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JonahFrenchToast on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:25 pm

It's not your fault,
I really thought it would last much longer.

JonahFrenchToast
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aulelei on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:27 pm

Same here. But 3 people in the RP haven't been on in the lonnnngest. I really enjoyed the plots :/ I think I'll just throw it in the closet till a few months.. lol.

Aulelei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BethAnn on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:10 pm

Well, considering I am new to the website, I'd love to get a storyline going :) I am a writer, and soon to be published author :) I currently don't have a full-time job, so posting HOPEFULLY wont be much of a problem for me :).

I prefer witch/vampire or some sort of fun supernatural setting.

I'm not a big fan of sparkling vampires either ;) I prefer the "traditional" kind with fangs like Night World vampires or Vampire Academy vampires.

I need one more post before I can PM, but you can send me an IM on aim at theworldamongus :) I am currently online, and would love to set something up with you :)

BethAnn
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JSpooky on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:35 am

I would be interested in this storyline. I'm new to the site, but not to role playing. I really have nothing to do during the day besides writing or taking care of my little one, so I could definitely manage the "work load" of said storyline. ^_^

Sign me up!
"Boredom is a sin. Boredom is unholy." - Zillah to Twig & Molochai : Lost Souls

JSpooky
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:11 am

Hey, Jonah! Just moved your topic to the Interest Check forums.

Just (another) reminder for everyone -- the Roleplayers Wanted forum is for roleplays that already exist and have a thread or a topic all set up. These are the roleplays with character skeletons ready to go.

The Interest Check forum is for those RPs that haven'y made it off the ground yet. They're still in idea stage, being kicked around like they are now.

There's something to keep in mind, right?

Best of luck finding players!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JonahFrenchToast on Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Still Searching...
>_<

JonahFrenchToast
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:35 am

Perhaps this might interest you.

Of course, it's probably not going to be very active. It certainly also doesn't fill ALL of your requirements.

But, I am looking for literacy. If you could join that would be great.

like-dragon-age-and-dead-space-had-child-t50735.html

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JonahFrenchToast on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:13 pm

And thee search continues :(

JonahFrenchToast
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JonahFrenchToast on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:51 am

Seriously about to die from boredom :(

JonahFrenchToast
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:12 am

You know what this Interest Check says to me, as a passing user? It's just a list of what exactly you demand from me, with a handful of settings slapped down on the page. That's right, settings. There's absolutely nothing that would make me want to hook my teeth into anything you've got on the table here, Jonah, and the fact that you're posting increasingly desperate pleas for roleplay every few days wouldn't impress me as a potential player, either!

Here's some quick suggestions! Treat the Interest Check forum like your chance to wow us with your abilities as a GM! Have a plot in mind already, don't just sort of give a random list of names and words. It means absolutely nothing to me if I just have to squint at some settings. You haven't even provided character!

Why should I waste my time with a GM who won't even waste the time to come up with a coherent plot ahead of time? That's really what the Interest Check forum is for -- get your ideas out there! Narrow it down a bit more. You've got such a wide, unspecified range here that anyone passing through might be a little overwhelmed.

You might be concerned with including your player from the get-go, but bear in mind that a lot of RPers here on Gateway are lazy. Come to them a bit later on down the developmental line with an actual story and characters that grip you, make you want to care more about them .. and there you go!

Look at the Featured Interest Check for this week. See how the Interest Check itself draws you in through a narrative structure, instead of throwing around settings?

When you find no one interested in your ideas, maybe it's time to back to the drawing board!

Hope this helps, and best of luck finding players!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!