Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Madame Mère's Masquerade {interest?}

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Madame Mère's Masquerade {interest?}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nezzera on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:52 am

Alright, so... I just typed up this big, huge, pretty post for an idea I had in order to start up the roleplay in the OOC forum; I was pretty proud of it and all- but, when I pressed "Preview" to make sure the colors looked right, I didn't mess up any coding, ecs. ecs., my browser screwed up and I lost it all. Since it took me nearly three hours to get done in the first place, I really don't want to go through all of that again if it's going to end up going nowhere- SO.... Figured I'd at least make sure someone out there is interested in it before I spend even more of my life on it.

Basically, there's this immortal old woman named Madame Mère who lives in this magnificant mansion on Mount Maje, which is surrounded by a scattering of small towns. Every year, between Halloween and Christmas, she hosts a masquerade ball at her mansion, and invites every orphanage, and every family with teenage children that reside in the surrounding towns.

After she greets everyone, she announces some of her foster kids -that she's known to have quite a few of- that will be departing at the end of the night. At the end of the party, she gets up again and says a small list of names. These names belong to teenagers that have been experiencing some changes (they've been developing superhuman 'gifts' or 'powers' and/or taking on new physical mutations), most of them orphans, and the ones that aren't orphans end up being within a couple months of the ball.

She then takes in the superhumanmutatedorphaned children, and takes care of them in as many ways as she can- because she remembers what it was like going through those things alone. Madame Mère has the power of selective precognition, has dedicated her life to helping those like her, and uses her talent for sensing the teens going through these 'changes' around her in order to make sure she can do so.

The roleplay would take place -or at least start- the night of her masquerade ball. The characters people can play are pretty free-range- whether or not they're 'gifted' or 'changing' (and how so), what age they are, any sub-plots, ecs. are all up to whoever joins it, so long as they fit into it somehow (all characters must either work or live at an orphanage, or be in a family that has at least one teenager in the house).
I would be playing Madame Mère, along with a few other OCs.

.....Yeah, I think that about covers it. So, anyone interested?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nezzera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Madame Mère's Masquerade {interest?}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DayDreemr on Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Oh, I hate it when I lost something that I've worked on for so long. Happens to me all the time. You'd think I'd know to save my work by now....

Anyway, I really like this idea! I would definitely join if you made the RP.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DayDreemr
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kallas Redwater on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:54 pm

Superhumans, well thats a broad concept. So straight of the bat, does it include magic or just superman like poeple?

In any case I'm in, so it seems that you have 3 poeple who will give it their all.
there are things in this world that poeple mustn't touch....WHO CARES!!!

Kallas Redwater
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:00 pm

You can count me in Nezz. Sounds interesting, and I've already got a character concept that I think will work.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:21 am

I'm in, for sure. I have a couple character ideas. How many characters can one person have and what's your preferred age range?

Nykizta
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nezzera on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:11 am

The characters at the party can be of any age, as long as they work at an orphanage, are an orphan themself, or are part of a family that has at least one person between the ages of 12 and 19 living there. The characters that are going through the changes should be somewhere between 11 and 20. People will probably be able to have as many characters as they want.. but to make it less hectic, I'll probably set the limit to four or six per person.

As soon as NaNoWriMo is over, I'll get this up and make sure to post a link here. All of you will have a spot reserved. (:

Nezzera
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nezzera on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:06 am

Okay, so, just checking- is everyone still interested in this?

Nezzera
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kallas Redwater on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:31 am

I still am, so if you want to start give me a sign. :)

Kallas Redwater
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:20 am

I have an idea for someone who isn't gifted, but their love interest (or obsession) is, so when they are taken into the mansion, they try to go after them :D
Give my post a rate, will ya? :3

Image Image
Feed Me!
Adopted from Valenth

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nezzera on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:53 am

Sounds good. o;
We're gonna need plenty of notGifted people, haha.

I'll probably get the OOC up for this sometime in the next week or two. ^_^;
Unless you guys think it would be better to wait until after the holidays..

Nezzera
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm certainly interested. :)

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shooting Stars on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Absolutely interested.

Shooting Stars
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:58 pm

Myaaaaaaaaaaaah! I'm interested! xD

Litria Death
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WeCameAsRomanss on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:59 pm

Definitely interested.
I think you should make it soon :P
That moment right after your mom slams your bedroom door when she's done yelling and you're likeImage

WeCameAsRomanss
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:43 pm

I like the sound of it...reckon I could even suffer to take on two characters (one gifted, one non) if it'd supply some balance.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!