Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Magic High (Open RP)

a topic in School-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Re: Magic High (Open RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LucianGarnet on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:21 pm

"New here too?" he mumbled to himself.
He wondered how she knew what he was thinking, but he didn't think of it as strange, since well, he was in a school full of strange people.
"Well your right, I was lonely." he said looking at her.
She had a strange look, but he kind of liked it. It was unique.

"I should probably introduce myself..my name is Lucian. I come from Italy. Piacevole per incontrarlo, nice to meet you, Luina." he said with a small smile.

"It's kind of hard to meet new people when you've just arrived somewhere, there's so many people but all of them seem to have people to talk to and whatnot. I'm glad I was even able to find my room, I suck at finding my way around new places.." he said looking at his surroundings.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LucianGarnet
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myrlin on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:27 pm

Myrlin opened his dorm room to find it empty. It looks like his room mate hasn't shown up yet or that he was not assigned a roommate but it did not matter. Myrlin set about unpacking his things. He had brought with him a laptop, some clothe including a formal suit and a Navy uniform, his favorite posters of the sea, and various other things that was given to him by his grandfather.

After everything had been neatly put away, an old habit drilled in by his grandfather, Myrlin decided to explorer his new school and home. Looking at the map, Myrlin was delighted to see that the school had a large lake on campus. It was ringed by woods but there were plenty of trails available. So Myrlin grabbed his swimming trunks and after 10 or so minutes of jogging, stepped on to the beach fringing the lake.

The lake was a beautiful clear aqua at the shallows and a rich dark blue at the center. It was large enough to have gentle waves lapping at the golden sands of its narrow beach. Myrlin breathed in deeply, drinking in the fresh air. Then he took off all of his clothe until he stood in his swimming trunk. The air was chilly on his bare skin but the sun quickly warmed him up. Myrlin gathered his clothe and placed a rock on top of them before turning and diving into the lake. The water was deliciously cool, and Myrlin laid still, feeling the currents of the lake running over his body, cleansing him.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Myrlin
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhisperedLies on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:36 pm

Wyntre got up and headed out, stuffing her student card into a hidden pocket on her black jacket. She wandered the corridors, humming lightly to herself as she looked among the many faces of unique characters. She was happy to know that she wasn't the only one in the world that was probably considered a freak, because from the looks of it, there was a vast collection of them. Wyntre sighed and turned into the main hall that led out into the courtyards and gardens of Magic High. She opened the door and passed a few kids about her age, and walked into the sunlight. The way her hair caught the sun made her abnormal green hair light up even brighter and shine with a rainbow hint to it. Wyntre sat in a sunny area and layed back on the grass, closing her eyes and humming.

This is better than I thought...

you're building me up just to break me down.
Image you're being loud without a sound. Image
you're pasting me in just to cut me out.

hello fascination<3

WhisperedLies
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alexia.. on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Shides walked through the halls while looking for her room, she didn't want to have to talk to any one. Mostly, if she didn't see them staring, she wouldn't think her and Ba'ul where too out of place. It didn't take her long to find her room, once inside she unpacked the only bag she brought. She would have to see about a campus store, or local market or some thing. She was glad, it seemed like they had the room to themselves. She looked to Ba'ul, "I know, some one could just be late. But lets keep our hopes up kaii?" Ba'ul nodded and made a soft growl-like sound. "Haha, that's what I like to hear girl." Shides patted her a bit, "Wanna take a walk? We could go to the court yard or some thing." Ba'ul nodded.

Ba'ul could sense her nervousness. Although this time she noticed that Shides glanced around more this time. Actually looking at the other students. Maybe things wouldn't be so bad. Ba'ul was looking forward to hitting the air with her partner. She didn't much care for the indoors. She was walking slowling beside Shides for a while, she was too busy looking around to make sure she knew how to get to the courtyard. They finally reached the door, as soon as they were both outside Shides let out a laugh and hopped onto Ba'ul's back. She took off into the sky, letting out a soft roar of her own laughter. "EYYAYYYEEAAAYYYYYAAAA" Screamed Shides, wich means "GO!GO!" in Krityan."
\m/ Count your fucking blessings, cause I'm counting every lie. So clap your hands to the sound, of every first born dying now. Watch the rivers flow tih blood, death will stand where life once stood. Close your eyes, and pray for plagues. \m/

Alexia..
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby teegaroo on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Luina laughed at his puzzled look and began to explain the usual mind reading bit. "I can read your mind, thats how i knew you were new. " She smiled at him. Then laughed a bit when she heard his thought about her having an odd look. "Well I guess i might as well introduce myself too. I'm Luina. I'm from no where in particular, I'm an only child. I read minds and I can get inside peoples head to control them. But don't worry I'm not so good at it." She smiled for what the third the time? And looked down the hallway. "Wanna walk and talk?"
So happy to be back and writing, feels awesome =)

teegaroo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LucianGarnet on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:12 pm

He looked at her with a confused look for a second, then said, "Well then, I guess there's no point in not saying what I'm thinking then, eh?"

He smiled at her again and then said, "Sure, I need to look around anyway since I have no idea where anything is. I left my student card in my dorm, because I thought if I explored I'd memorize where everything is without having to rely on it, but so far that isn't working out at all" he said followed by a faint laugh.

They began to walk down the hallway passing many classrooms and unknown areas.
"So, you can read minds huh, that's something else. Can you, like, control who's thoughts you listen to or is it whoever is near you? Because I can only imagine how hectic it could be in a crowded area..or in a classroom and such." He said looking at her as they walked.

LucianGarnet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby morning_mist on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:20 pm

Suzu woke up from her little nap a little sad since she hadn't seen her family in awhile. Just then she slapped her forehead. "I'm so stupid i have a phone i can call them". Letting out a sigh she got out her purple lotus phone and called her family.

(perenthases is her mom)

RING RING!

(Hello who is this?)

Hey mom it's me. I thought i call. I really miss you guys and it's sooo boring here to. Her mom started to laught.

(Stop complaining honey. Find some friends. I can't talk to you long me and your dad are going out to eat goodbye hun)

Bye mom see ya. Then she hung up. "at least my parents are having fun". Then a thought of her mom and dad happy made her happy. She streached out and stared blankly at the ceiling. "what to do?" she sighed. She got up and looked outside alot of kids were out there. She decided to go and explore the rest of the place.
The hardest thing in
...::LIFE::...
Is knowing which bridges to
...::CROSS::...
And which to
...::BURN::...

morning_mist
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby teegaroo on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Luina laughed, "Well i even have my card and I'm still getting lost I'm no good with maps. So I need to start memorizing. She looked over at him and smiled but then looked back down at her feet. "I can hear everyones thoughts so yes in class is hectic but I can turn the voices well...lower I guess os that it's just a buzz. So far I can't find people through their thoughts but once i find them I can only focus on their thoughts." She smiled again and looked at her card, she put up the map and looked at it. There was a lake? Hmm who knew? Some gardens and a forest. "SO do you want to go to the gardens, the lake or the forest? But i think the forest is off limits..."
(Sorry I know that the whole off limit forest is so harry potter but i couldn't resist.)

teegaroo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LucianGarnet on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:08 pm

"Ahh, that's quite overwhelming.." he said as he looked straight ahead while walking.

"I kind of regret not bringing my card with me, since this place seems never ending." he looked at the map she was holding and his face lit up at the sound of a lake.
"A lake??" he said happily.

"I think we should check out the lake."
He began to think of memories of the lake near his hometown and how much time he spent playing the harp there and remembered when he was chased from there by townspeople for freezing the lake whenever he went.
"I haven't been to a lake in a long time." he said smiling.

LucianGarnet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby morning_mist on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:17 pm

Suzu was glad to hear that her parents were doing well. When she was born at first her parents always fought. She looked at the card and said map. There was a forest lake and garden. "Hmm i think i'll go to the lake first" She went out side and saw something flying, but it was to far away to see it well.

After a couple of minutes of walking she finally reached the lake. She saw someone in it so she staid still. She didn't know what to do. "maybe i can sneak around" she thought. She took a step. There was a twig under her foot and it snapped. You could hear the echo for miles."I hope nobody heard that" she silently prayed. She walked under a large tree it was a decent distance away from him. " I can't beleive i made it without him noticing". She mentaly did a happy dance thankful he didn't see her.

morning_mist
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby teegaroo on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:18 pm

She laughed at his thoughts even though she really should have turned them down. "I can tell why, so you control ice? and you play the harp?" She questioned as she followed the map outside of the school and started down a path.
"apparently it's just down this path but then again it could be that one...or maybe it's...shoot." She sighed as she looked at her map all the little pictures didnt make any sense all she knew was that that giant blue thing was a lake.
"Here you can probably get us there quicker then I can." She laughed as she handed over the map. She looked up at the sky, it was a beautiful clear day no clouds were in the sky, it was just the way she liked it.

teegaroo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LucianGarnet on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:25 pm

He looked surprised for a second since he kind of forgot she could read his mind.
"Yeah. I've been playing it for a very long time, and yes, you hit the nail on the head..but even though I do have the power to manipulate ice I'm always cold.." he said shivering.

"I sometimes don't like it because if I play my harp and there's any water around it instantly freezes. It's kind of annoying" he said with a slight laugh.

He took a hold of the map and figured out that she was holding it backwards, so he began to walk in the direction towards the lake, and shortly they were at the doors that led to the lake, he could feel the moisture in the air as they walked the way.
"We're almost there" he said happily.

LucianGarnet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby teegaroo on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:37 pm

"Yikes that must suck. I hate being cold...the sun is way better." She said smiling up at the sun.

"Oh...thats why it looked so weird." She laughed nervously as she blushed a bright pink.

She looked at the scenery it was mossy and there were trees everywhere it was just like in the movies...so wonderful. It was misty and the air was rather foggy. "I know this may seem as a dumb question but... when people well...touch you... are you cold?" She asked looking up at him. He certainly looked cold with his blue hair and icy skin. He looked like some sort of modern day jack frost.

teegaroo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alero on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:37 pm

Alex shot up in his bed, wide-eyed and shaken. As he looked around the room, his senses returned to him. "That was an awesome dream!" he said to himself. ALex looked at the bed next to him and saw that his roommate had come and gone. Damn, he thought, should have left a note telling him to wake me up. It didn't matter, he was awake now, and hungry. Looking at his pocket watch, he saw why. After splashing water on his face, he locked the door and walked to the cafeteria. It was amazing how many people were in the halls by now. A smile came to Alex's face as he decided to practice the art he had mastered back at his other school. He called it "crowd breaking". After taking a moment to assess the crowd, he launched into it. Pure agility allowed him to dash into the crowd and bob and weave between bodies. Before long, he found himself in a pocket against the wall. He had been waiting for an opportunity like this to try out a new trick. He ran, kicked off the wall, and twisted his ankle when he landed. He could have landed properly, but that would have meant knocking over a smaller girl, which he did not want to do. Wincing in pain, he limped to a nearby bench as he tried to ignore the few people snickering at his failed attempt to show off. I guess I deserve that, he told himself. Until his ankle stopped hurting, he wasn't going anywhere. So he waited, rubbing his ankle.
Human meat must taste horrible, otherwise more things would eat us.
Den morosca tarotho yonasca a yazec penthara, inalkodethe, ahruneus galtha!
When you think it's all become too much to handle, remember, just keep going!

Alero
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhisperedLies on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:44 pm

Wyntre sat up, waking up from a little nap. She rubbed her oddly colored eyes and stretched, groaning. "Owie..." She muttered. Looking up, Wyntre noted the sky was still clear blue, but the sun was a taf lower than when she first came out here. The good thing was, Wyntre never got burned. She stayed an olive cream color all the time. She stood on her feet and stretched again.

"Map." She said as she pulled the student card from her pocket. The layout of the campus showed where she was and a glitter caught her eye. She memorized the route and headed towards the lake.

A while later, Wyntre arrived at the lake. She didn't see anyone as she sat at the end, dipping her feet in the surprisingly clear lake. Wyntre yawned and tilted her head back, her arms holding her up, as she closed her eyes and basked in the sun.

WhisperedLies
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LucianGarnet on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:58 pm

He looked in awe at the scenery and noticed that a girl had gone into the other side of the lake, and there was someone also lying near the middle of the lake.
He then turned as Luina asked him a question.

He didn't know how to reply to her question. He's never been really close to anyone so that they'd hug him or anything like that, since he lived a pretty solitary life. His mom never really hugged him nor held his hand when they walked when he was young or anything.

"I don't know.." he said as he held his hands out in front of him and stared into his palms. He hoped that isn't how his skin felt, icy cold to the touch.

LucianGarnet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby morning_mist on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:58 pm

Suzu just sat and watched as the guy floated. Out of the corner of her eye she saw somone coming. It was a girl with green hair. She watched as she dipped her feet in the lake. "looks like she didn't see me or that guy". Looks like alot of people like the lake.

Suzu streached out on her stomache and folded her arms laying her head down. "This place is so quite and nice no wonder people come here" she quietly mumbled. She started to doze off. Then finally she fell asleep soaking everything in. "I should come here more often" was her last thought before she fell asleep

morning_mist
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alexia.. on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Shides and Ba'ul flew through the air all over campus. Around the school towers, over the forest, through the park and eventually over the beautiful lake. Ba'ul hovered over it, humming some thing to Shides."Yes my friend, we can go down and play,"she said witha happy snicker. Before she knew it Ba'ul was heading straight down to the water, Shides stood on her back, readying herself. She crouched down, getting ready to leap. When Ba'ul was only a few feet from the water she sprang into the air, with her staff in hand. She managed a double front flip before landing, her staff smashing parallel to the ground as if an enemy had stood there. She then heard the splash of Ba'ul returning to the surface of the water. "Well, I think that was the best yet waddya' think B'?" Ba'ul hummed in agreement. She looked around spotting a nice shaddy tree where her and Ba'ul could have a nice afternoon nap.

Alexia..
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby teegaroo on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm

"Wow. You really do love the lake. I love it because everyones thoughts are so calm." She smiled, it was true no one was worrying everyone was just calm. She was ok with calm thoughts in fact they made her feel calm.

"Oh I'm sorry i wouldn't of thought that..." She looked apologetically at Lucian. His thoughts were the only sad ones. Never been hugged? How had he never been hugged? Or touched? Luina had grown up in a loving home, she knew that some parents might be afraid of their magical kids at first but everyone warms up eventually. SH looked down at Lucian's white hands. They looked like they would feel icy but were they? "I would...I mean I could...nevermind." She sighed.

teegaroo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kabanus on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Character sheet:

Name: Alexandre Greyson
Power: Floramancy, Animal Empathy, slight control over weather patterns
Personality: Laid back, passive. Somewhat of a loner.
Appearance: 6' tall, medium length brown wavy hair, green eyes. Thin, but lean. Rarely wears shoes.
History: Having grown up in northern wild lands, Alex has always had a deep connection with the earth. The plants, animals, and even to a certain extent, the weather itself is usually cooperative. Growing up in such a harsh land, he hasn't had very many friends, preferring the company of whatever animals he can find. He came to Magic High to refine control over his abilities to help his village, aiding in the growing of crops, production of feed animals, and relieving the wrath of the weather.

Alex walked up to the front door of the school, his bag over one shoulder and his shoes in his hand. He looked up at the building, his anticipation growing. He set his bag down and put his shoes on, whistling sharply. A small brown fox ran up to him, sitting at his feet. Alex walked over to a nearby oak tree, touching its trunk. His eyes glowed a faint green and the roots moved to form a small den beneath the tree. He turned to the fox. "Here you go, Mickey. This will keep you safe until I determine what the rule is as far as pets go here. I'll find you better accommodations soon." The fox barked at him and ran into his new den. Alex picked up his bag, turning to walk into the building. The walk here had taken longer than expected.

Kabanus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!