Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mass Effect: New School

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:45 pm

Details

Allright, so here are the details. This is a new school in the Mass effect universe, that has just opened. This is after Mass Effect, but before Mass Effect 2 main, but about 1 month after the destruction of the SR-1. This is no ordinary school in the Mass Effect universe though. This school is for all races. Salaraians, Quarians, Drell, Krogan, Humans, Asari, Turians, Batarians, and Volus (Due to lack of inteligence, the only Vorcha are the cleaning staff). THis school is meant to allow races to develope friendshsips with each other, as well as give a sort of freedom. The School itself is mostly unsupervised, to the pleasure of some and dismay of others. Obviously, weapons are a no no for hallways, dorms, and almost everywhere, excluding the Weapons Training Room (per the request of the Krogan and Turians), which the weapons are kept under lock and key anyways.

Now due to heavily unsupervision, all sorts of things happen. From bullies to various activities (although drugs are not only forbidden, but there are quite a few Varren to track down those sorts of things). The teachers themselves are diverse themselves, however, the more intelligent and higher grade topics are usually tought by Asari Matriarchs and Salarians. The Gym Teachers are a Krogan, Drell, Human, and Asari (The Asari handles Biotic Gym Class). Now, there will be all sorts of fun things to do as well. Like i siad, mostly unsupervised, and as long as you dont break Galactic law, your pretty much good. Pets are allowed, although Varren need to be properly taken care of.

The school itself provides food, and everyone has an Omni-Tool because its essential for various school related activities. Now, of course, being so open, there are a few things to note. There are 5 buildings. Behind the southern building, which is the dorms (and while each dorm is either boy or girl, there is no split between buildings or such) there is a large lake some students occasionally go swimming it. There is also a pond to the east of the east building, and a pool in the gym. In the center of 4 buildings and the grounds, There is the main admin building with a giant statue of Commander Shepard, First Human Spectre (SPECial Tactics and REcon). Now, the ages of the students here range from 11-18 for most species, but Salarians usually do it in 5-6 years, and start younger. Usually.

Now, i think i covered all the general information that i couldnt place anywhere else.

Buildings:

North Building:

The North Building is also known as "Snorsville", is the main building you learn about literature, math, and history. Asari historians especially give this name with long lectures of protheons, although they have repeatedly said "There are people who can lecture this longer", some even refering to Liara. One teacher actually does teach about Reapers too. He probably has the msot fun scaring his students. The north building has 6 floors. The first floor is lockers and teacher staff rooms. The second floor is electives. The Third Floor is Math rooms. The fouth floor is history rooms. The fifth floor is literature rooms. The top floor is the roof.

South Building:

The south building is the dorms. It has 6 floors as well. The first floor is the cafeteria and some storage rooms. The 2nd-5th floors are all Dorm rooms, and the sixth floor is the roof. its nickname is obviously "Dorms".

East Building:

The East building has the cafeterias, rec rooms, tech rooms, and ect. The first floor is the cafeteria. The Second floor is rec rooms. The Second floor is Teacher offices. The Third and fourth floor are tech rooms, where people learn technical stuff (such as the workings of robots, and how to summon combat drones...). The fith floor is other science rooms, while the sixth room is...you guessed it! The Roof!

West Building:

The west building is also known as "The Gymnasiums". Basically, they are very large rooms connected to smaller rooms. However, there is also a very dark maze below the gymnasium that teachers sometimes send misbehaving students down to. There really is no floors, except for the stairs that lead to the roof and some storage rooms. There are two locker rooms, one boys, one girls. Each one has a public shower, lockers, and large rooms. Did i mention the roof? Its basically called "the Gym". There is also a playground outside of it.

Center Building:

Basically the admin offices. Principle, main guards, and teachers slept here, and ate here, and stuff. All of the defences are run from there

Classes:

Science: Involves how to apply medi-gel, various chemical compounds, and if you focus in mroe technical areas, some interesting things and discoveries.

Math: Numbers. Equations. Logistics. Calculations. You know, the obvious.

Literature: basically, here you talk about books and read books and such. Sometimes you actually read from real paper.....

History: Mostly galactic history, with some Prothean history mixed in.

Gym: This includes Combat training and Biotic Training. Why? its a dangerous world out there, that's why! Also the Turians and Krogan demanded it.

Electives: There are a whole wide range of electives. Obviously nothing unreasonable or stupid, but still.

I think that covers classes.

The Students:

Now, obviously, this school had to have gone through a test run before letting many people in. So, there are now new students arriving. This will begin with us being the batch of new students. Now, i don't want everyone to be humans (even though im playing a human myself, still). now, if your not totally knowledgeable about the races in mass effect but are interested, here are the races. Now, some of you may be powerful or strong aliens who plan to bully people around. maybe your an orphan, who was accepted into the school as your best shot to a good life, even though your bullied a lot. Maybe your someone who is in between, or something totally different.

The Plot(s)(?):

Here are a few additional things id like to note. This school is actually starting to help international relations. However, if anyone there of any race kills another, or if it is attacked by groups such as Cerberus or Batarian pirates, then there will be a huge inter-species incident. So, will there be some attempts? Likely. Will there be conflicts? Yes. Are the secret underground tunnels that are scattered and connected everywhere? Yes, but the entrances are hidden. Why? Because they are secret. Is there anything deep within the tunnels? No Data Available.

Of course, who knows what else goes on. Guess you will have to join to find out.....although i can guarantee a few things without revealing major spoilers. There will be no cannon, but references are welcome. As well, i can guarantee that it will be exciting enough for everyone, while making total sense.

Now, you will be a new student arriving via shuttle, with a Human Soldier, Turian Infiltrator, and 2 Asari Vanguards as the protection for the shuttle into the school. Now, this shuttle ride is supposed to go like any other. The School itself has a few AA batteries on the guard posts and walls that surround it. There is a (high tech force-field) gate that leads to a small settlement nearby, big enough to be more then a colony but small enough to not be considered a city. And town just doesn't sound right. Its called Freehaven.

So, all new students will be starting in the shuttle. Of course, if you know me, things are never this simple. Now, lets face it, there are many groups that would benefit from a galactic wide war. Arms dealers, traitorous people, oh, and the Reapers (Wipin life from the Galaxy since millianias ago). So, what is this start you say?

Well, your arriving, and nearing your destination, when all of a sudden! (stay tuned, still editing)
Last edited by Mr. Baneling Squishy on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Mass Effect: New School

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:04 am

(Continueing here, im going to probably put the next sections on new posts, seeing as how my upstairs computer makes it near impossible to edit and i dont have access tothe downstairs one a lot)

Now, thats when the shuttle is shot down, but everyone in it survives. The School is only about a mile away. Troops of unknown origin, but all human, are attacking. But they are not trying to kill any of them.....

At the same time, there may or may not be something with the school itself. Some dark secrets, that perhaps you may slowly find one by one. But who knows what else you may need. Be careful of the choices you make, because one comment could have a massive effect.....(see what i did there? lol)...

Your Roommates:

When you get to The School, obviously first thigns first is to head towards your dorm rooms. the Headmaster (meaning me technically) will assign you to your rooms. However, while all the rooms are gender split, meaning boys with boys and girls with girls, it isnt species split, in fact, usually different races are assigned together (although some combos are very rare, such as Salarian and Krogan. The School isnt stupid...).

Dorm Rooms can hold 3-4 people. Each bed has its own screen, with one large screen in the room as well. there is pleanty of space for customization. Each bed is big enough for an adult Krogan, and everyone has their own closet and storage space under their beds.

Activities:

Well, there are scheduled trips to the settlement nearby. Under armed guard.

There is also swimming. And there are courts for various games. Additionally, there is the huge outdoor area. And there are the rec rooms.

not to mention a few biotic sports.

And you know, there is everything going on with classmates.....you can usually find a good fight......

And there are some clubs.....

The Guards:

All guards are triple checked, by different people, in order to be there. Unless they had the Shadow Broker or some other extremely powerful person get them in, they will be legit. And believe me, people will try to do this. I will allow a select few to be guards IF you submit a good enough charrie sheet. And notably, i will do background checks to make sure you can handle this responsibility.

All guards are very well equipped, but they do require extensive training. On occasion, Spectres visit. It is also known the The Council itself plans to visit.

The Rules:

No Killing others

No stealing (or, for most thieves, Don't get caught Stealing)

No massive purposeful vandalism (lets face it, this will probably become The Most Broken Rule)

No Cheating

No guns for students outside of Weapons training classes...and even then, there are security measures.....

No major injuries (With Krogans there, its the most they could ask...at least they are not full adult Krogan....)

No Drugs

No hacking

Almost everything not listed in the rules is allowed.

And thats about it....

If there is anything else to add, il add it as soon as I can...

And you WILL be surprised about how this will turn up......this universe is called "Mass Effect" for a reason....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlayerofYaks on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:04 am

Now here's sommat you don't see everyday. A slice of life Mass Effect roleplay. I find it.... amazing. <3 I have a pair of characters, a Turian and a Salarian, that would be perfect for this. I'm totally in for this one.
Are you dead or are you sleepin'?
God, I sure hope you are dead.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

SlayerofYaks
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Allright, good to hear! I'm hoping to get a good turnout...I should make a CS later when I have time. :D

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlayerofYaks on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:19 pm

I hope so too. ^^ It seems like it would be fantastic with a plethora of characters.

I should doodle Karin, the only picture I have of him is with other characters all up in his space. Oh, Karin, how will I show off your adorable Salarian-ness if you've got Roz taking up 90% of all your pictures?

SlayerofYaks
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Charrie Sheet: (Subject to change, i just am letting people get a head start).

Name:

Species:

Specialty: (What kind of combat are you skilled in the most): (EX: Adept, Engineer, Soldier, Infiltrator, ect.)

Personality:

Important to note Experiences:

Skills:

Equipment:

Pets?:

Allies (People who are your friends and who you can trust):

Enemies: (People who hate you, are against you, or perhaps trying to kidnap/kill you (thats more towards Cerberus though....))

Paragon or Renegade, or are you mixed?:

Extra:

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!