Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mature Pokemon RP Interest Check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Mature Pokemon RP Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyudan on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:00 pm

This is my idea for a mature Pokémon roleplay.

Pokemon: The Broken World

Plot:

The world of Pokémon was once a peaceful world full of peace and recreation. Humans were Pokémon trainers and they would compete in arenas to test their skills or show off how well they raised their Pokémon in front of large audiences.

These days are long over.

Humans and pokemon alike now live in fear of a threat no one thought possible. A weird plague has been spreading throughout the world. Those weak of mind succumb to it, the defiled. The Defiled is an unknown entity that turns pokemon and human alike into hideous monstrosities. If things go unchecked the world will be reduced to nothing. Pokemon trainers and the legendary pokemon have fought back but it seems their efforts are ineffective and the defiled grow stronger with each passing day. The populations of both humans and pokemon have dropped significantly as the world is slowly destroyed. The once vibrant world is now a wasteland full of darkness and a struggle for survival.

Hope isn’t lost yet. Humans have been born with a special mark on their bodies. This special mark allows them to merge their souls with pokemon born with the same mark on their bodies. This special link allows both human and pokemon to bond as one allowing humans to obtain pokemon powers and allowing pokemon the power to communicate with humans. This new power may be the only way to fight back against the indominable threat.

Yet is there any hope left? Can humans and pokemon survive?

Mechanics:

You are one of these chosen humans who must fight the Defiled in order to save all life from destruction. You and your pokemon must fight together if you want to survive this harsh world. To increase you chances of survival you must find others who are like you and join forces.

Humans have resorted to living in isolated barricaded cities, trying to preserve as many pokemon and human as possible. Traveling is made tough by the number of monsters created by the Defiled so most people never leave the city. Leaving a city is considered taboo.

It is only possible to fight these monsters if you are with you bonded pokemon and vice versa. Separation makes you temporally lose your powers and long term separation once you bonded causes death to both the human and pokemon.

Birthmarks for Humans:
Birthmarks grant the human a special power once they bonded. The pokemon they bond with does not have to be the same type as the birthmark. Using the power makes you have the same strengths and weaknesses of that type as long as your power is in effect. (i.e. using the Flame birthmark makes you weak to water etc…) By default not using your birthmark makes all humans normal type.

The Flame: Fire Type, can and shoot fireballs.
The Raindrop: Water Type, can heal wounds with water.
The Thunderbolt: Electric Type, can create sparks of lightning
The Icicle: Ice Type, can create barriers of ice
The Fang: Dragon Type: can breathe a dragon flame from their mouth.
The Rock: can encase themselves in rock that makes them impervious to physical but makes them severely weak to rock type weakness.
The Tree: Grass type, can trap enemies in vines.
The Fist: Fighting type, gains incredible speed and power for hand to hand fighting at the cost of draining vitality faster.
The Eye: Physic type, can move nearby objects with their minds
The Wing: Flying type, can use wind to heal wounds
The Butterfly: Bug type, can spread pollen to make opponents fall asleep
The Ghost: Ghost type, can turn invisible for a brief period
The Skull: Poison type, can create a poison mist to poison opponents
The Moon: Dark type, can use darkness to blind opponents
The Spike: Steel type, can encase themselves in steel making them impervious to physical but severely weak to steel type weakness.

As the RP continues the powers of the human birthmarks will increase.

Birthmarks for Pokemon:
Birthmarks for Pokemon let them bond with humans. A bonded pokemon can be understood by any human and their power increases faster than an average pokemon. Bonded pokemon cannot evolve normally, only under special circumstances. Birthmarks when used by pokemon let them use a move outside their movepool. For starting out, you can pick one ATTACK move of same type.
Aries
Taurus
Gemini
Cancer
Leo
Virgo
Libra
Scorpio
Sagittarius
Capricorn
Aquarius
Pisces
Pokemon Zodiac birthmarks appearance: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Astro_signs.svg
Over time pokemon birthmarks will let them add more moves effectively increasing the amount of moves they have.

Sample CS:
Human:
Name:
Birthday: (Month and Day)
Sex:
Birthmark:
Weapon:
Personality:
History:
Appearance:
Partner:

Pokemon:
Name:
Pokemon:
Sex:
Birthday: (Month and Day)
Birthmark:
Moveset:
Personality:
History:
Appearance:
Partner:

My one concern is should a user make a character sheet for his own human and partner pokemon or should they make a human/pokemon and partner up with another player of the opposite character.

Please let me know what you think, want to see something changed, or have any ideas to improve. Please also ask any questions on things that aren’t clear, I’d be happy to address them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kyudan
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Mature Pokemon RP Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadowman55 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:40 pm

Sounds like Legaia 2 and Pokemon mixed. That's my type of RP. I'm in. However, you say mature, do you mean like couples?
"Is it really the darkness we feel? Or is it the light and love embracing us?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shadowman55
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Huchiama on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:42 pm

I am interested :) Can I join please? Before I even got to the second paragraph I knew exactly what you were doing lol, its been something that I've wanted to do so I want to join.

One thing though:
It is only possible to fight these monsters if you are with you bonded pokemon and vice versa. Separation makes you temporally lose your powers and long term separation once you bonded causes death to both the human and pokemon
I don't quite understand this part about the death. If you're holding your pokemon and not bonded down that count?
Last edited by Huchiama on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
(\ /)
( . .)
C(" )(" )

Huchiama
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marinus on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:46 pm

To be honest, I think having people make their own pokemon/partner pairs is the best option - after all, one can quite easily roleplay pokemon-pokemon interactions as well as pokemon-human ones without needing different people playing pokemon and human, and it avoids the vexed issues of who controls the battles and so forth.

Marinus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Hmm...I'm up for it. And I think it would work to let people RP with somebody else as the opposite, give an interesting dynamic, but maybe allow one or two folks to play both. We just have to make sure we don't get an outbalanced group of nothing but humans or pokemon.
ImageImage ImageImage

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:12 pm

I am very interested and think it would be best that people made their own pokemon/human pairs so it would avoid confusion, conflict between the two RPers and in case one RPer couldn't be on for an extended period.

Also, I was just wondering. If you wanted to have a Normal type Pokemon but it was closely related to a Fighting or Flying type, could you just have it as an avaliable type?
Last edited by ReiRyuusei on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Give my post a rate, will ya? :3

Image Image
Feed Me!
Adopted from Valenth

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:12 pm

I'm interested. (:
I think it's probably better to make people play both human and their pokemon though, otherwise there might be issues with types not being matched, people not having partners etc.

Thinking of you, wherever you are.
We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend.

Valor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelDreams on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Yeah i'm interested and it might be a best choice to make people be their own partners and also I don't get the point of the humans and the pokemons using powers.
ImageImageImageImageImageHelp me Level them Up PLEASE!!!!!

AngelDreams
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyudan on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:16 pm

shadowman55 wrote:Sounds like Legaia 2 and Pokemon mixed. That's my type of RP. I'm in. However, you say mature, do you mean like couples?

Well mature as in it isn't the typical Pokemon story and world. I expect fight scenes to be more fierce to reflect this. You can make couples if you want but anything over PG-13 would have to be over pms between the couples.

Huchiama wrote:I am interested :) Can I join please? Before I even got to the second paragraph I knew exactly what you were doing lol, its been something that I've wanted to do so I want to join.

One thing though:
It is only possible to fight these monsters if you are with you bonded pokemon and vice versa. Separation makes you temporally lose your powers and long term separation once you bonded causes death to both the human and pokemon
I don't quite understand this part about the death. If you're holding your pokemon and not bonded down that count?

Well I mean that the bond a pokemon and human make is so strong that they can't survive without being near each other. For example if you let your pokemon get killed you too will die because the bond was broken whether it be really long distances or death of one.

Marinus wrote:To be honest, I think having people make their own pokemon/partner pairs is the best option - after all, one can quite easily roleplay pokemon-pokemon interactions as well as pokemon-human ones without needing different people playing pokemon and human, and it avoids the vexed issues of who controls the battles and so forth.

Xiphoniii wrote:Hmm...I'm up for it. And I think it would work to let people RP with somebody else as the opposite, give an interesting dynamic, but maybe allow one or two folks to play both. We just have to make sure we don't get an outbalanced group of nothing but humans or pokemon.

Hmm...alright if two people agree for one to be a human and the other to be a pokemon I'll allow it but making both a human and a pokemon seems like the most reasonable and less confusing option.

ReiRyuusei wrote:I am very interested and think it would be best that people made their own pokemon/human pairs so it would avoid confusion, conflict between the two RPers and in case one RPer couldn't be on for an extended period.

Also, I was just wondering. If you wanted to have a Normal type Pokemon but it was closely related to a Fighting or Flying type, could you just have it as an avaliable type?

Um, could you explain what you mean by normal being related to fighting or flying? If you mean dual type you can have it be one or the other.

AngelDreams wrote:Yeah i'm interested and it might be a best choice to make people be their own partners and also I don't get the point of the humans and the pokemons using powers.

Well I thought it would be interesting but if people were going to make either a human or pokemon I thought it would balance it out. But right now I'm leaning towards no powers for humans unless by popular demand.

I shall make some small changes and start making the OOC now!

Kyudan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:23 pm

I mean like, you can have a Normal type Pokemon who learns fighting moves or flying moves but they're not a Fighting or Flying type.

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyudan on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:34 pm

ReiRyuusei wrote:I mean like, you can have a Normal type Pokemon who learns fighting moves or flying moves but they're not a Fighting or Flying type.

Ah, that might be a good power for the birthmark of a pokemon. So yes I'll allow it for attack type moves only. Also having a bird type pokemon learn a move like fire punch when they have no arms is kinda pushing it so be reasonable. (Ex: Pidgey with Thunderbolt is acceptable.)

Kyudan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marinus on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:35 pm

That depends on the Pokemon chosen, and what TM/HM's it can learn, surely?

[Didn't see Kyudan's response before I posted this. Disregard, please.]

Marinus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyudan on Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Kyudan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wakboth on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Hello Kyudan, I know this may sound like it defeats the purpose of your roleplay, but is it possible for me to play a non birthmarked, non bonded pokemon who survives only by quick wits, necessary viciousness and managing to keep himself alive. He would be grim and untrusting but willing to ally with the other human/pokemon of the group. He does not view the bonding as a bad thing, but is himself not capable of the bonding. This would mean he doesn't die due to being unbonded, but also means he would be unable to learn moves outside his own type, and would advance and evolve much slower. He survives because he desperately, desperately doesn't want to die.

He would probably be a fighting or flame type pokemon such as Arcanine or Hitmonchamp, possibly a Marrowak. I am not sure what pokemon I would make him yet, but if you are okay with this slight deviation from your overall idea then I would be pleased to put up my character details to give you a better idea of what I want to do. I ask for no game abusing abilities or knowledge, simply to play an interesting character with a hard struggle ahead of him. Clearly, pokemon are intelligent and can to an extent communicate with humans, and the pokemon in the group would provide something of a bridge between him and humans. He is more than willing to help others fight the plague, and is not cowardly or un-co operative but most of all wishes to survive.

Thanks for whatever your response is, even if it is no.
When the end seem to justify the means, you've tried too hard to find an excuse. When 'by any means necessary' means 'violence may become necessary' you've lost sight of your goal. When people lay down and die rather than endure any more suffering, worry for the state of humanity. When people do not comment on how wrong this is, become angry at the world, because feeling that upset is too hard to bare. When people say 'you care too much' don't answer, because there is no such thing.

Wakboth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!