Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Metal Gear: Foxhound (IC)

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Metal Gear: Foxhound (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeeviousDemon on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:40 am

"Alright we gotta ditch the sub now... don't die..." Well that is very considerate of you to say, she thought watching him eject himself from the smaller submarine. The next guy to ditch the sub was playboy "I get the feeling this mission going to be one ass fucking after another,I just hope you don't have a problem getting your fur wet kitty,"smirking at his comment "I'll be just fine" she replied, she didn't mind getting herself a little wet, last but not least she ejected herself from the sub, into the dark water.

Once out she hit the Solid Eye and changed to thermal vision. Seeing the other two make their way towards something that looked like the under water dock they were supposed to reach, she slammed her legs together, arms stretched out in front of her - hands connected, went into a swimming style more common for those who went through extensive VR training. It was a very effective way, catching up to the men she made her way towards the assigned location. Though still not sure where those missiles came from, the eerie feeling of being watched was something she didn't appreciate at all, something she hated.

As they swam through the dark deep blue water, she remembered what the Commander had said - but with no guidance of the higher ups, she wasn't just going to barge in with these two. Not completely trusting them, she'll know if they are worthy to be called FOXHOUND.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DeeviousDemon
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby smileythemask on Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:42 am

Chameleon waited for the others to show up. He saw Kat come out of the sub net and then Panther did after him. 'Finally' He thought to himself as he began to swim.

His mask changed to a pale looking face with bright yellow eyes that glowed. At least Chameleon could see a little bit better threw the water he didn't really know about the other's though. He saw the underwater dock and began to follow Panther. He didn't know why but he couldn't shake this feeling that something really bad was going to happen. He continued to swim getting closer and closer to the dock but the feeling kept getting greater and greater. He wanted to ask Panther and Kat if they felt the same way about this that he did but he didn't really know how he was going to bring it up or ask really even ask them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

smileythemask
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby the fox without on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:07 pm

Kat came up underneath the dock, careful to avoidmaking any noise as he broke the surface, listening for the telltale sign of anyone on the dock, the stomp of boots on the wood, the slight breathing of a man on watch, and was suprised that he did not find any of the signs he was listening for. That meant either one of two things, there was no one gaurding the most accsesable area, or they were better than the average soldier at hiding their presence. KAt sighed, taking off the mask, motioningfor the others to wait, before pulling himslef up onto the dock, releasingthe latch that held onto his spool of cable as he looked around for any hidden enemies, [Panther, I don't see anyone up here, can you do a once over from down there with the solid eye, see if any one is using octocamo up here] he said through the nanocomm, unspooling the wire, swinging it in circles as he continued to look around the dock area.
"Paraniod.Probably. But just because you can't see the invisible demon about to bite your face off, doesn't mean its not there."-Harry Dresden

the fox without
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheWalrus on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:52 pm

OOC (will be made into a IC post later):

Okay, so team 'b' is in the base, team 'a' is still in the water. Now, I posted earlier that the doors to the submarine pen were sealed, and I figured that everyone would assume that meant that they had to come up at the shore. However, I'll just have to make up this 'underwater base' thing, as making everyone edit their posts would not be fair.

So until I post, I would ask that only team 'a' posts reaching said base, as I'd really like to do some catch up and whatnot. After all, you did alert the guards, so they know that the perimeter is breached. I hope this request is alright, and eventhough I am sick, this RP will be my primary goal; as soon as I feel up to it, I'll edit this post into a proper IC as my first action on the internet.

Thanks.
Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

TheWalrus
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternal1999 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:10 pm

[Havoc Snake. Commander...Commander!!]

"Commander Vandolf is dead..." said Snake to Knight.

"The Rough Riders will pay for what they have done....each and everyone of them!!" he said with anger.

Snake kept swimming toward the base.

"I dont get it..all this killing over money. It doesnt add up...something fishy is going on here." he thought to himself.

[Havoc Snake. Team B this is Team A. We have arrived on base on our section of the island, how are you all doing over there?]

Snake was on the water with just his eyes peeking out, being cautious for the enemy as he slowly headed for the stairs.

[Havoc Snake. Knight stay on alert, we dont want to be captured or killed by the enemy so soon.....]

Eternal1999
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:08 am

Knight rolled his eyes and followed suit raising slowly swimming for the edge and climbing out of the water as he hid behind something

[Knight. Yeah yeah i get it Snake...I'm not a trainee...]

Knight sighed as he ripped off the gas mask leaving his half mask intact also ripping off his blasted flippers with a soft sigh that was only audible to him and snake.

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeeviousDemon on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:30 pm

[Panther, I don't see anyone up here, can you do a once over from down there with the solid eye, see if any one is using Octocamo up here] after a brief moment of silence, [I am on it, give me a moment]. As she resurfaced the breathing mask still, a zooming humming noise could be heard - as she flicked her Solid eye into night vision. Still in the water she scanned the area above her. The Biometric meter within the Solid Eye displayed things like, heart rate, damage to the body, air density as well as a radar location (map). She nearly froze up in the middle of the water as she read the display [F*ck! Unknown substance, I repeat there is an unknown substance mixed into the Oxygen supply of this under water duct! Grab your mask - and follow me you two] as she quickly submerged herself back into the water. [They know WEare here!] she hissed through the communications. Switching the Solid Eye back to thermal vision she used the comms another time [They air tightened the dock and filled it with a gas] she looked over her shoulder towards Chameleon checking if 'Kat' had followed - 'I hope that the gas didn't have any weird affects upon 'Kat'.' As they swam around the complex underwater, she noticed the faint noises her comms made - turning them up a little.

[Havoc Snake. Team B this is Team A. We have arrived on base on our section of the island, how are you all doing over there?]

[Wow, I think I have never been happier upon hearing a mans voice!] she chuckled a little.
[We are heading towards our primary destination - Panther out]

She most definitely didn't want to give away their location while still in the water - there was a chance they would take em out cold when found here. 'There is the surface!' she thought, as she slowly made her way upwards - decompression was a must, so heading for the surface too quick could cause "DCI" and ultimately end fatally. Taking a few long, slow strokes she finally hit the surface, silently scanning the area for enemies. Switching her Solid Eye into primary vision, zooming in and out she locked on a few Targets on the ground as well as 3 watch towers alone on this little speck of the island. This was going to be tougher than expected.

DeeviousDemon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheWalrus on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 am

Metallic Island, Main Complex, Sub level ?, War Room. 03:10 into operation.

*It was amazing really. FOXHOUND, what was supposed to be the most elite military unit in history, was making mistakes that a child wouldn't. First off, the underwater assault was idiotic: didn't they know that the base would be sealed? Secondly, they tripped the defense net: a defense net that the US military created! It was sloppy, and "Mr. Sears" was beginning to lose faith in his attackers; after all, if FOXHOUND couldn't stop him, then who could?*

[Sears: Captain Reynolds, report.]
[Reynolds: Sir, the Ohio is gone, direct hit. FOXHOUND is in the base, gas has been released and teams are in position. The Rough Riders have all reported in, save for Ivanna.]
[Sears: Don't worry about her.]
[Reynolds: I never do Sir. Anything else, Sir?]
[Sears: No, that's all, just be ready.]
[Reynolds: Sir.]
Metallic Island, Unknown Location. 03:11 into operation.

"The path you walk on has no end. Each step you take is paved with the corpses of your enemies... Their souls will haunt you forever... you shall have no peace..."

*Something was moving along the beach, moving so fast that the sand was melting, turning into glass. However, this object couldn't be seen or detected, save for the light sound of moving sand. Patrol. Do not engage. Simple orders, but not ones she enjoyed...*
Metallic Island, Main Complex, Roof Outpost. 03:11 into operation.

*The Cypher Reconnaissance drones that Jeremy loved so much were buzzing about the island, acting as flying surveillance cameras in the outside areas. There were also a few of the armed versions with a machine gun, but he didn't find these nearly as fun.*
Metallic Island, Unknown Location. 03:11 into operation.

*On one of the many trees that littered the island, a odd mass was waiting, blended into the jungle perfectly. Invisible to the naked eye, save for when it moved to prepare another poison coated throwing knife. It was deep in the jungle, but on a path that must be traveled...*
Metallic Island, East Beach. 03:11 into operation.

*Another benzodiazepine shot. Just one to focus. That's all she needed. She never required a spotter, she always killed for sport: there was no fun in any other way. A lone sniper, perfectly blended with the area, her body temperature lowering to match the cool sands. The game was afoot; he prey would be here soon. Good thing mercury-tipped bullets were plentiful...*

TheWalrus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby the fox without on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:49 am

Kat twisting theed into a look of extreme annoyance, quickly pulling the skull mask back on, Stupid, that was so fucking stupid, why the hell did I take the mask off before getting a stat report he thought, cursing his stupidity, jumping back into the water following Panther through the water, hoping he had gotten his mask back on soon enough. He swam after her, a small tingling sensation in the back of his throat, spreading through out his body as he swam for the surface, seeing Panther break the surface, right before his vision was filled with white, simply white, the tingling sensation he had felt before had spread through his body, and as though someone had flipped a switch seemed to fill his body with fire,causing excurtiating pain, crying out he began writhing in pain. He started sending off invlountary waves of electrcity, from static cling to muscle triggering shocks, though none of them lasting more than a few milliseconds, surging through the water.

the fox without
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternal1999 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:57 am

"Something doesnt feel right, we should find another way to get in" said Snake as looked at the dock from a distance.

[Team B did you encounter any problems to the docks? We are going to find another way]

Snake went back into the water.

There was a underwater wire fence blocking there path.

Snake withdrew his knife, and cut it to make a hole.

He entered the hole, and headed to shore.

Eternal1999
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Knight sighed but nodded as he followed the mans lead swimming through the same hole he had caught as he caught up to the man.

[Snake How exactly are we suppose to do this with no knowledge of exactly what we've got coming our way...?]

The male said to the leader of his squad.

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeeviousDemon on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:51 pm

([OOC: Well I was more or less waiting for smiley to post something but I guess I'll just go on with it, hope you don't mind smiley.)]

Panther was doing the reconnaissance, as she was marking the targets on her HUD she felt the slight zaps of electricity wriggling themselves through the water. As she turned around to see what the hell was going on behind her, a rather shocked expression could have been seen on her face - if it wasn't for the mask upon her face, covering it completely except for her eyes. As she swam closer towards the twitching individual in the water she hoped that the enemies along the coastline weren't going to detect them as of yet. She had to find a spot for them to sort him out, this entire mission seemed to be working up to one hell of a big f*ck up, she wasn't happy bout it. She'd never put her or any of those who depend on her into danger - 'seems like some of them never heard of the basics of clearing out an area before doing reckless things like taking off a breathing mask in a gas filled room.

She knew it had something to do with 'Kat' spasming, though the zaps didn't do much to her but tickle her - she gave Chameleon a quick nod before using sign language - [ Heading a little further east - check for enemies - then see what this IDIOT has done to himself] the problem was still there, they knew they were there and they could have already cracked their Communications system - though Hal Emmerich had been the pioneer in such things, she still didn't trust it 100%. Swimming across to him - he had only been a few feet away from her to begin with, she positioned herself behind him, with both hands wrapping themselves around his torso she started to swim a little further east. Somewhere, where the patrols weren't as heavy - for now she needed 'Kat' fully functional, and heck she needed someone like the General - she had the basic training in the medical field - though the Nano machines in his body were of the finest kind and should protect his body from severe damage. Hence she was sure he'd be fine if they could find a place for him to get a quick breather.

As she swam further upwards - further east a rock formations was becoming visible - it looked like it had little caves where they could easily get themselves back into formation. As the comms went off she let out a low growl .

'Damn you Snake I am trying to stay as low key as possible' she thought but chose to keep it unspoken.

[Team B did you encounter any problems to the docks? We are going to find another way]
[A Neuro-toxin gas was detected in the underwater dock - we are retreating to a safe location, but 'Kat' seems to have been affected by the gas, over and out]

Dragging 'Kat' up slowly out of the water, she placed him just in the shadows of the cove, she sat down next to him, shaking her head slightly - 'What am I gonna do with this type of a team' a really heavy sigh flew of her lips - as she watched out for Chamaleon not sure of what he was doing.

DeeviousDemon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheWalrus on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Metallic Island, Main Complex, Roof Outpost. 03:12 into operation.

*As he poured over the data, Jeremy noticed that one of his drones had picked up something...*

[Jeremy: Boss, we've got something!]
['Mr. Sears': What is it?]
[Jeremy: Some sort of electromagnetic surge in the water near the East beach. They were coming strong, but tapered off. It could be someone near the shore, they might have gone into one of the caves to mask themselves.]
['Mr. Sears': No matter, those caves are all dead ends, hiding there only gives us more time. Keep monitoring it.]

TheWalrus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby smileythemask on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:33 am

Chameleon came out of the water a few minuets later after Panther dragged Kat out of the water. "Im sorry I had to do a few things before I got here you guys... and I took out two enemies that noticed me while I was checking for them before they could tell anyone else so we should be good." Chameleon said quietly as not to alert anyone else of there presence. He looked around making sure that no one else was around and then let his guard down a little bit more. "So what's wrong with Kat..." he asked noticing that Kat was laying on the ground. He still felt like there was something off about this mission it just didn't seem like this was all over money, and also what was up with what Commander Vandolf was saying about the real purpose of this mission.

smileythemask
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby the fox without on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:46 am

Kat graon, grabbing the mask to take it off his face in a hurry, throwing up the last thing he had to eat, the nanomachines having isolated the chemicals and forcing them back out, looking up at the others, before simply falling back down again, groaning as he felt his body still pulse slightly with pain. He lay there a few minutes, gathering up his strength as he recovered from his idiotic move, cursing himself within his mind God dammit Kat, you've been training since you were twelve, what the fuck did you think you were doing. He stood up, going to the mouth of the cave, looking down at his own reflection. He had hoped he would be the one in charge of this, his ego once again getting the better of him, and had just gotten a humbling blow. He sighed as he sat down, still looking into the pool of water, "So how do we plan to proceed into the Island." he said, not trusting himself at the moment to make any calls.

the fox without
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeeviousDemon on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:52 pm

OOC: I was waiting for eternal and soki to post but o well...to keep things alive I'll post something.

As Chameleon got back from his little reckon mission, Panther was more than relieved when she heard he had taken two out before they could call for reinforcements. Though she knew about the patrol checks, and the 15-45 minute quick status reports they would have to deliver to the lieutenant of the mission via communications. Calculating, her mind was racing - trying to figure what they should do next.

"I believe we only have around 20 minutes until the enemy knows for sure that we are here, we got to get moving as soon as possible!" her voice was concerned yet calm - she had gotten into far more worse scenarios, during her VR training phases. As she sat up, she checked her rifle for any damage - 'good, your looking fine Jack' she smirked, setting on the silencer nozzle on, she screwed it onto the rifle firmly before hanging him from her shoulder across her chest. She'd have to put him into use pretty soon. The way the mission was flowing it was everything but smooth, she never had to worry about anybody else but her - this mission was getting on her nerves already.

Looking over to Kat who seemed to feel better, she sighed... "Glad you're up!" she said before walking out of the cave, laying herself down onto the cold rock formation. 'Jack' was laid out perfectly, grinning she looked through her scope - Solid Eye on data imaging mode. In comparison to the other 'Sniper specialists' she never used any performance enhancing drugs. As a matter of fact her aim was deadly and accurate - to the point where a man or woman in her scope would have less than 0.00.21mili seconds to react. It was true that FOXHOUND would only recruit the best of the best - but this mission was showing flaws, mistakes someone of FOXHOUND could never make.

They had to move onto the shore and into the jungle. 3 drones, 3 watch towers which were manned by two snipers each. Her eyes flickering over the scenario, calculating the distance, curve of the bullet due to the atmospheric conditions - she took a minute than without further notice started to take down one drone after the other. The three drones were shot, out of the sky within 7 seconds, as she knew she couldn't loose anymore time she hurried. Reloading the rifle, this time she aimed for the men in the watch towers. Using her communications - [I need you guys to get over there and take out the other 2 guys in the two watch towers at 1000 and 1400 on shore. I will take out the two men in the tower at 1200. We have to take them out simultaneously, otherwise we'll have the entire battalion on our asses. I'll contact you two via comms whenever we are clear to shoot them down.]

As she made a low hand sign for the two men to push forward, not knowing what would, or could go wrong. She was slightly irritated and the words of the commander bugged her. What did he mean with 'The real reason for this mission' this whole thing was bringing back memories - a surely fucked up feeling.
Last edited by DeeviousDemon on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeviousDemon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheWalrus on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:16 pm

OOC: Placeholder post until later, I will post later tonight; this space will be edited. I'd feel a little worse about not posting sooner, but do we even still have interest in this RP? I'm on board, but is everyone else? It seems a bit quiet, that's all.

Cheers.

TheWalrus
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!