Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

More Interest Checks: Multiple ideas

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

More Interest Checks: Multiple ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Here's four ideas that I'm able to pin down, right now. First two are new ideas, last two are old RPs that I used to GM.

- Murder/mystery RP. Have a group of RPers, select one to be a murderer, max of 2 to be detectives/cops/FBI special agents/whatever to figure out who the murderer is, the rest become potential victims. The way it could work, is that everyone else RPs, posts and everything, but the victims and detectives have to ignore whatever posts the murderer makes. Whenever the murderer gets an opportunity, he can PM one of the potential "victims" with a kill notice. The murderer and the target now have to become involved in a side-RP that will eventually lead to the victim's death. The murderer has to leave clues behind for the detectives to pick up, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant they are. The clues have to point, in some way, to one of the victims or the murderer. The murderer himself can be known to the victims and detectives, but has to conceal himself well enough so as not to attract attention. To keep the RP alive, of course, the applications for victims can be left open. The RP ends when the detectives figure out who the murderer is, accuse him of being the murderer, and proving it with evidence they collected over the course of the RP. A new RP with the same basic premise can be started over and over with the same RPers and same characters (possibly), but with different motives, different murderer, stuff like that. A murderer's ranking can be identified based on the number of successful kills he has. One kill, just a murderer. Two, serial killer. Three and higher, psycopath. 5 and higher, mass murderer.

- Storyline Crossover. Let's say that the entire universe is made up of multiple, smaller "sub-universes", each containing the story, characters and plot-line of a different work of fiction. Marvel, DC, even anime,movie, cartoon and book universes exist. Now, let's say that at a certain day, at a certain time, the universes begin to fall apart. Some universes merge, others collapse into themselves, destroying all life and erasing everything that existed within it. Some of the universes merged, their characters interacted, and they have to figure out a way to reverse the universes destroying each other.

- Music-based RP. This was an old idea of mine, but I think it might be interesting. My basic story was this: a world, powered by music. People owned many different sorts of instruments, guitars, trumpets, flutes and the like, and the music they made balanced out all the darkness in the world. There were some, however, that were corrupted by the dark, their instruments made fiercer and more destructive, and they sought to bring about a new world by destroying the old one. Some of the good musicians, however, possessed instruments that could literally change the world they lived in, and these musicians set out to stop the corrupted ones from destroying all they lived for.

- Horror RP. A group of young adults are on a road trip when the van/bus/mini bus they're in breaks down. Nearby is an old, seemingly abandoned mansion. As the group make their way towards the mansion, their vehicle promptly explodes into a bazillion bits 'n pieces. The group, now stranded without transport enter the mansion, and the entities that inhabit it trap them inside. They have to find a way back out of the mansion and escape from it before the spirits and ghosts drive them insane.

For I, am The Darkness...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: More Interest Checks: Multiple ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:18 pm

I like Zeh second and zeh last one. <3
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:21 pm

The last and second to last.
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in the world; of these heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared."

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:26 pm

If I can get, like, enough "votes" to signify which of these RP ideas is the nicest among the users, I'll take that idea and turn it into an RP.

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:36 pm

I would be interested in a the storyline and the horror RPs, although the storyline tickles my fancy more.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:25 pm

I think the first idea would be best, and more unique.

cjeap
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aikiwarrior on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:07 pm

My vote is for the first definitely!

aikiwarrior
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fumeii on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:14 pm

That horror roleplay has really snagged my interest. Speaking of spirits and ghosts that 'drive them insane', would that fall into the category of possession as well?

fumeii
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:11 pm

fumeii wrote:That horror roleplay has really snagged my interest. Speaking of spirits and ghosts that 'drive them insane', would that fall into the category of possession as well?

Yes, yes it would.

Aaaand, so far I have:

2 votes - Murder-mystery
3 votes - Storyline Crossover
1 vote - Music RP
2 votes - Horror RP

Personally, I'd go for the horror RP or storyline crossover. The music RP worked well, only if I had players that were musically talented. The murder-mystery thing is more of an idea I have in my head.

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aeris Strife on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Second and the last caught my eye there. I would totally love to do either of those.

Hit me up if they're put into an RP.

-Strife

Hey bitch, I don't care if it kills me
and I don't give a damn if it hurts
I'm going to live for the fun of it
Because this is my stinkin' life, not yours

Aeris Strife
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:30 am

And now its 4 votes for Storyline and 3 for Horror.

I think I'm gonna make OOC threads for both. I'll link them from here once I'm done.

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!