Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ad mortem festinamus peccare desistamus.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Ad mortem festinamus peccare desistamus.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cruentus Angel on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:49 pm

I am Angel.
And this is my second account after I completely lost all information with the last.
This is the third attempt on this site and now I'm kinda freaked out as a little message POPs up in red before me, bantering about thinking before I post. If I did that I would not be the flirtatious person before you.
Not must to know about me but my characters are normally used in a unique fashion and my brain child is Eltotsira along with being one of my high favorites.
Ok, WTF, the word counter was on and it was getting on me then I got to a certain number and then it went away.

Anyway, I'm Angel.
Who wants a piece first?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cruentus Angel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Ad mortem festinamus peccare desistamus.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:55 pm

Ah, the things we learn to put up with...

The only reason that really bugs me is the space it takes up. I can't be reading the post before mine while I'm typing a response.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:41 pm

Erm. I don't want any, thanks... But welcome back to the board. If you've been here 3 times I assume you're familiar with how stuff works. Can't hurt to re-read rules 'n stuff though, right?

The word counter is annoying at first only because it forces the page to skip around on you. They should really remove it for things like PMs. Yes, I know it's short post. That's why it's in a PM. ...grumble. Otherwise, I see the purpose it serves. I hope it doesn't bother you too terribly in the future.
I am available as an RP mentor should you seek to improve.
I draw things that you may like.
I like Ronald Jenkees and you might, too.

I require a certain level of writing skill in my stories. Don't be insulted, I just prefer to RP novel-level material. (I, I, I, me, me, me. I sound like such a jerk.)

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:54 pm

The word count is a new and controversial feature.
ThatsNotPoetry wrote:Otherwise, I see the purpose it serves.

I don't. Please explain.

Anyway. Welcome to our forum, Angel! Have a fishy stick!
Have a nice time and all that. If you've a question, ask it here.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:56 pm

Village Alchemist wrote:The word count is a new and controversial feature.

I don't. Please explain.

It's meant to deter people from speed-posts. A sort of "Heeey. You makin' a post? Posts are good. Know what's even better? Longer posts than what you're typin!" Like a simpler and less annoying Microsoft Word paperclip. Argh, that paperclip!

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloaked_Schemer on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:00 pm

ThatsNotPoetry wrote:
Village Alchemist wrote:The word count is a new and controversial feature.

I don't. Please explain.

It's meant to deter people from speed-posts. A sort of "Heeey. You makin' a post? Posts are good. Know what's even better? Longer posts than what you're typin!" Like a simpler and less annoying Microsoft Word paperclip. Argh, that paperclip!

Now, if it was phrased that way, it wouldn't be as annoying. =3

Anywho, welcome (back) to RPGateway. Have fun and all that.
(12:17:45) RoxYRosE: And you did. Crim is not a liar... ask her if I said what you said I said. I bet she says what I think she'll say.

ImageImage

Cloaked_Schemer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cruentus Angel on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:11 pm

I don't actually like it and then do.
AL(Where I'm from) The sections I need to keep over a 500 word count AT LEAST per post ICly but otherwise I don't care. Though, this is my 3rd time, I think the reason I LEFT was because I got confused and time. I know the first time it was some one that invited me, then Rameus showed me about it with GT coming here this time and I flaked out. Followed by GT actually being here and me reading around.

I mainly want a place where it's not the normal faces on AL that I see. Love the people, hate half the staff(With the few that can use a brain I love, 3 cheers Mika and Kayla) but yeah. I kinda just want a few spars here and there with this site. Other than that, I got to find the fucking area as it's all fucky.

I probably do need to read the rules more, as right now I have a lack of care and use basic rules that I've been banned for breaking.

Cruentus Angel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!