Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mount Olympus

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Mount Olympus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:19 am

Atheramis stood up with a smile upon his face, walking slowly he approached Zyton, "I hope you stand by your word, I can only hope for the best. Forgive me; although I am a god, the sears of youth have rendered me half-winged. My eyes lifeless and uncaring, tells of only shadow. I have lived most of my life in darkness not seeing the other side of the vale. I pray that through righteous conflict and healthy reward that I might see joy and happiness in my eyes, and will help lead a better judgment to the world." Atherimas grasped Zython in friendship. "If your Father was still here and my mother would be standing by his side, striving for their honor, I would think of you to be my rival, my nemesis, but only cause of peace would my mind think of war. So be it countered in the hours of today. I will stand by you, but in that same breath do not abandon me." He came closer at Zython, chest to chest. "Be not proud but wise, be not strong but merciful, be not be the one who would stab me in the back… If your father was here, he would only shed tears of joy in your name. Let this be a brotherhood that will test time itself, and be it shown that a son of Zeus and Hades can bear arms together" he loosened his grip and dropped his shaking hand.

He turned to Arten, "Dear sister, let us not care for what our past has brought us, for as my father made peace with Zeus to destroy their father. I believe we can do the same. Whether or not we are of the same womb or not, I think we can find land were we can step upon" he opened his hand out hoping for an end to their childish manner.
From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country's battles in air, on land and sea

First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:46 am

---Artenthi-Pheus---
___Side: Zeus____

Arten smiled, but her lips quivered in the emotion of hr cousins word. With a sigh she placed her hand, palm down on his own, and clasped it tightly.
"Then where would I find my entertainment in our Godly world, cousin? For I'm afraid you'l always be the only one who can bring me such amusing, bland and sarcastic joy from out childish antics. Stepping forward the Goddess wrapped her arms around his neck, embracing him tightly.
"Though thick and thin, through skin and bone, through heaven and earth - we will all be one, brother, banding together in the remembrance of Zues, beneath the watchful son who I pray will lead us to an everlasting peace. For the Gods, and for the people who pray to us.
As Arten pulled away, she gestured to Stark.
"Come here, litle brother - I have a present for you." During the time the speeches had taken, Arten had managed to weaved a basket of some of the most lucious fruits for the God of Goats, and she handed it to him affectionatley, ruffling his hair. Her fingers slipped over his horns and she quiviered with pleasure at the smooth feel of the small bone-like growths.

---Nyphori---

__Side: Poseidon___

With a look of the disgust the visual aspect of Nyphori swept from the room, with all possible grace and elegance incorperated in her steps and expression. For the first time since the death of her father, Nyphori was no-longer dream-like. Instead she was fierce, her mind calclating as what she had witnessed played over in her mind. They had forgotten her, of course, as most people did when she was in her visionary form. This meant she was projecting herself from her sleep - being in two places at once could be quite useful. With a scowl to match that of Hades, Nyphori descended the stairs into the city of Athens.
Of course, the mortal people couldn't see her when she was in this state - which was highly conveniant to herself, nor could they hear or feel her.
Screeching in a magnitude then the din of the entire city, still will her seductive and beautiful composure the Goddess called.
"Followers of Poseidian and Hades, I call upon you to discuss the banding of our cousins - The temple of Hera is where I will wait, and will expect to be greeted!"
In less then a blink the young Goddess was gone, finding herself pacing the Temple of Hera, also known as the Temple of Poseidian.

ooc: Sorry bou' tha' but poeseidians leader wasn't doing anything abou' it o.o
There's Something About...
Tamara Hale... And It Reeks Of

Revenge

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AnoÇieregi on Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:30 am

AnoÇieregi heard Nyphori's call seconds after the words left his lips. Looking around briefly to see if the God was coming, he sighed and began to trudge back to Athens. He was certainly getting a workout today...

He stopped by Billy Bob Joe's Coffee for Gods and picked up his Godling. He found Xerex sitting next to a corpse, covered in blood and coffee. Well, serve the mortal right for drinking in their cafe, but he could only assume that it was Xerex's work. Kill first, ask questions later. Grinning wryly, he clasped Xerex's hand and pulled him to his feet. "Wipe that morose expression off your face God! We've got some downfalls to plot! Nice work with that guy though," he said nudging the corpse's body. "I'll bring him back from the Underworld if you like so you can do it again... No? Too far? Very well then, let's go. We're meeting Nyphori now and that should be some fun. We should pick up some flowers on the way though, she might appreciate those as Typonus is ignoring her and Atherimas is playing the goody-goody King of the Universe."

And so, AnoÇieregi left the cafe and made his way to the Temple District. He entered and found the graceful and seductive goddess waiting, in a high temper. Bowing low and kissing her hand, he presented her with the flowers and said, "Greetings fair cousin. I trust you are well and in a hateful mood. If I assume correctly, we have some business to plan, Gods to humiliate and a war to consider... All in a day's work, don't you think?"
Whirlwinds of tempestuous fire...

Ah Joy! That in the embers, something doth live...

AnoÇieregi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corpus on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:56 am

Xerex was totally lost after he killed off the mortal. How could he do that? Was it in his genes, or was it because of the secret markings? No it couldn't be...or could it? Xerex pondered about these things all along the way, through AnoÇieregi's chatter and the walk towards Nyphori.

Once they arrived at Hera's temple, Xerex began to feel the hate again, but in weaker amounts. Could it be related to Hades insanely tremendous amount of hate towards Zeus and Hera? Fearing instability, Xerex began to move away from those two, trying to free himself of this hatred before it was too late, before he once again KILL, SLAUGHTER, MURDER. 'No retain oneself, retain, flowers are' FOR BURNING, CRUSHING, STOMPING

"ARGH!" shierked Xerex as once again he lost control over his mind and body. And once again he was pure evil. He walked right into the Temple of Hera and killed each and every time frozen priest, picking them off easily. The Statue of Hera took more time, but when time was frozen it happened instantly. And once again, after that rampage Xerex became normal again. He was sure that his rampage would be heard by the other Gods and ran to AnoÇieregi.

"I think we have a problem..."

Corpus
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:43 am

Stark didn't hear any of the profound words that both Artherasmis and Arten promised to Zyton, instead finding the wine stain on his loose shirt too interesting to ignore. As the taller gods talked and promised and hugged, he brought the cloth with the purple spot up to his mouth and began to suck upon it, delighted to find some aftertaste of cheap, sour wine upon it.

However, as soon as Arten's voice called to him, he jerked his head up to her, eyes wide and curious. "A present? For m-"

He squeaked as she pushed a beautiful basket full of ripe and tempting fruit into his hands. He stared down at them for a moment before giggling happily, grabbing up a mango, and managing to cram it halfway into his mouth before gagging around his eager, gluttonous mouthful. Quickly, he extracted the offending fruit, regarded it with sly eyes, and then bit off the top as if he were cutting down an enemy, the click of his teeth the sound of victory to him.

He felt fingers rifle through his hair and he paused his eating, just for a moment, to bleat and stomp his thanks. butting his head gently up against her hand.

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:57 pm

---Artenthi-Pheus---

The butting of her hand caused Arten to giggle as much as the little God, and she turned with a smile to the others, awaiting further word from them both.

---Nyphori---

"Greetings fair cousin. I trust you are well and in a hateful mood. If I assume correctly, we have some business to plan, Gods to humiliate and a war to consider... All in a day's work, don't you think?"

"Oh yes, oh course cousin. Though it depends in what your idea of a day is. --
This isn't right, Zues' followers ae banding together beneath the damnable gods son - When our fathers and fore-fathers were still here, still in existance, Poseidian and Hades had not the sense to band together against Zues - We do. Zyton can only collect so many followers before we overtake him if we band together. What say you, cousins?" Xerex's antics had gone unnoticed by Ori, until now, and she scowled at the god slightly.

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:50 pm

Trying to hold it back Atherimas could not help but giving a gagging face, "If we could end the sweet pleasantries, I think that we should talk about how were going to face our foes. AnoÇieregi is obviously sticking to my fathers fingers, whether he is alive or not. In addition, my Half-brother, Zeus rest his Immortal soul, may me more lenient to join the Army of my father. I only know this cause of the time we have spent together in our childhood. I fear that Hades has a grip on his mind, making him irrational; his control gets worse with every passing day. Ticking and Ticking, I could see his mind unravel and turn to a beastlike state, and yet, I think that his mother has given him one of the purest hearts I have ever met. When he has control, he is caring, kind and very thoughtful to others. I think because of this, He would rather have the side of Hades take the preverbal rains. I hope that though this conflict I can reach out to him, and save him from my father’s destruction…”Ahterimas took in a deep breath as he sat down near Zython. "Sister! What of your half-sister, what faction does she side on? Can she help us?"

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:27 pm

Zyton breathed in, feeling the bonds between himself and the others. Nyphori left perturbed. This was to be expected. Zyton had never felt that close to her, and her childish antics were more then he could bear. He looked around at Atheramis, Stark, and Arten, they were behind him.

He regathered his composure and spoke again. "Dear relatives, now that we know who are and aren't our companions, we can begin to rebuild our precious territory. We will start by fortifying our defence. Each of us should establish our territories of defense. If we all pitch in and put our best feet forward, Zeus's rule will once again be established."
I'm collecting moving avatars. If you have one, send it to me in a private message.
ImageImageImageImageImage

If the music moves you, the people care about you, and the place is like home, savor the moment!

Time stands still for no one! What are you standing around for, there's chocolate to be eaten.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:57 pm

Stark glanced up, startled. Forgetting about the piece of pomegranate in his mouth, he asked, "Areas of defense?" However, because of the fruit, all that could be heard was, "Urwa urf durmphuns?"

He waited for a few seconds, eyes wide, before realizing his mouth had stopped chewing and the pomegranate piece still lay on his tongue. Hastily swallowing it, he grabbed up a grape, regarded it distrustfully for a moment, and then asked again, "Areas of defense...?"

That sounded... like trouble! An area of defense? Naturally, his would be the countryside and wild-land towards the south, where the sun shone graciously almost every day and it was always warm. It was a relatively flat place in the cleared fields, which meant a great view of both the mountains and whatever enemy was coming, and the forest was hard to navigate if you didn't know your steps; in short, a relatively easy place to defend... But soldiers! He didn't have soldiers! All he had were goats and farm-boys, whom he regarded more as friends than subjects! He couldn't put his little goat friends and his little human friends in the middle of a god's battle, having sat down with them, having eaten grass with the goats, having taught the humans a little about playing the panpipes! A battle between gods were usually catastrophes, hurting those caught up in between the two entities of power!

Stark baaed in fright, his hooves suddenly clicking against the floor as his whole body trembled. Hurriedly, trying to mask his nervousness, he grabbed a pineapple, gnawed at it viciously.

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AnoÇieregi on Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:28 am

"Careful Xerex..."AnoÇieregi reprimanded with a wry grin. His godling was full of interesting possibilities. Maybe it would be possible to set him on one of the Gods in the Zeus fan club and get rid of them... Something to consider, but he had other things to attend to.

"You're thinking along the right lines, cuz, I went to find Typonus, but he's not around just now. I agree, though, that we should pool our resources and stop those Zeus lovers before they do anything. If I judge correctly, because they think they are so good, hoity-toity pansies, they will be on the defensive and not trying to overthrow you or me... We will, however, take them by surprise, our joining together - but you must make sure your sister doesn't find out at all... Do you have any plans yet? I would like to attack and send them into a bit of mayhem, scatter them for a while at least..."

Turning to Xerex, whose killing frenzy seemed to have passed, and was now ashen-faced and breathing rather heavily, he took the young God by the shoulders, and, so he would get the full effect of his Persuasion Circlet, he gently but forcefully, "Xerex, my brother at heart, it would be best if you focussed your attentions on our current plight," and looked earnestly into his eyes to see if there had been a change to his thinking.

AnoÇieregi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corpus on Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:09 am

Xerex stood there looking at AnoÇieregi all the time thinking about what he had just done. Why him? Why did he kill those innocents?

'It must be those markings...' Xerex thought to himself. 'Yes, the marking left by his father, Hades before the great battle.' But those marking were needed...or else.

"Xerex, my brother at heart, it would be best if you focussed your attentions on our current plight." AnoÇieregi told him. But he couldn't. This was just too troubling..............but to the heck with that, this weird thing may come to be useful. It may take down one of those bumbling goody-goody Zeus' foot kissers.

"Yes, my dear AnoÇieregi and Nyphori, but I think that it might be wise to first raise an army before we assualt the Gods." Xerex told them.

Corpus
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:37 pm

Zyton could tell something was wrong. He saw the shocked and slightly confused looks on the other's faces. I thought for a second. His mind started to race again, the scar on his back burning. He put his fingers on his temples and started to massage them. He focused back on the others.

"I have no doubt in my mind that the others will make their first assult soon. It was never Zeus's way to strike first. My father was a patient man, as am I. If you consider it to difficult to set up multiple areas, we can construct, together. We must be prepared for anything the others can try."

He stopped speaking and sat back on his father's throne. He looke up at the sky, gathering courage. He breathed for a few minutes, letting silence fall over the area. He cleared his throat once more,"Shall we begin?"

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:29 pm

---Artenthi-Pheus---

"Sister! What of your half-sister, what faction does she side on? Can she help us?"

"Nay, she sides Poseidon, and some-what Hades... She has never discusse nothing of it with me, and I fear she never will..."

"..Each of us should establish our territories of defense. If we all pitch in and put our best feet forward, Zeus's rule will once again be established."

"My territory will, of course, be the woods and forestes... And all their clearings... It will fairly easy to defend to an extent. Not many can pass through them unless they follow the roads, and of them there is few. My friend will also help me, but I will not put them in immediate danger. I am their protector, not their destroyer."

---Nyphori---

"You're thinking along the right lines, cuz, I went to find Typonus, but he's not around just now. I agree, though, that we should pool our resources and stop those Zeus lovers before they do anything. If I judge correctly, because they think they are so good, hoity-toity pansies, they will be on the defensive and not trying to overthrow you or me... We will, however, take them by surprise, our joining together - but you must make sure your sister doesn't find out at all... Do you have any plans yet? I would like to attack and send them into a bit of mayhem, scatter them for a while at least..."

"So you agree, we shall band? ---
Aye, they will be plotting defence, they are too ignorant to think of overthrowing us at once. I wish to create some mayhme, consufe the blitters with our antics, prevent them from creating these defences. During that time - we need to raise an army."

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:24 pm

Atherimas stood up puttung his fist to his chest, "The mortal men of this land, support our cause, and they would be honored to help the gods in any way. Even if I am the god of Darkness and Light. THey have come a liking to me. I hope that this liking will be a sign of loyality. You have Spart, Athens and All the cities of Greece and Rome by your side."

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AnoÇieregi on Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:19 am

"An army, you say? I can raise an army of the dead - as many souls as we can muster, and we can continue to replace them. Sheer numbers might overwhelm them, but, we do need a bit or originality, don't we?"

He sat pondering, his head turned on a side and a slightly puzzled expression on his porcelain-like face. "Maybe we could persuade our mortal followers to revolt and to desecrate the temples of Zeus. Gain more followers. If we get a group of devoted followers, we can promise them all sorts of things that those pansies wouldn't. I control the Underworld now, and so they should be worried about the state of their souls, so, unless they want to spend eternity floundering in the River or squashed under massive boulders, they will bow to our whim."

AnoÇieregi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:50 pm

Zyton took a few moments to really look at those around him. They all seemed to have the best intentions. He knew that he needed to keep them safe if he was to rebuild his father's dishonored kingdom. He knew the time to act was now.

"Okay, if we wish to succeed, we need to start now. Arten, you and Stark work together to build a stronghold. With your home areas so close and similar, the two of you will make a powerful team. Atheramis, I need you to assist me. We will gather those who follow us, and prepare to defend this throne. Also, if it should come to it, you and I will aid Arten and Stark. They have great strength, but the time may come when we must put their protection first. After all, we are the only ones left."

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:50 pm

"I hope that words be true, while we reninforce I think it best to wait for attack and leave to defense first and if any attack be known by the powers against us, we should counter swiftly. Now no bring up a question. Will we let this be known that we have delcared war, to the mortals and spritual alike. Or will this be a private war, kept hidden, only to be seen by a mear number of eyes?"

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:40 pm

Zyton tried to answer, but then realized how complicated the decision was. If he called upon the mortals, it would likely cause massive casualties. Images of bloody battlefields flashed through his mind, giving his mouth a bitter taste.

He turned to Atheramis,"My father would not have wanted mortal men to suffer because of godly quarrels. However, if the time comes.....," he swallowed gravely, "we may have to make them make a choice."

Zyton couldn't handle it anymore. "I must be alone." He quickly turned away from his fellow gods. The distress, sadness, and shame he felt could not be revealed to the others. It would likely bring dishonor to his father.

He paced down to his father's temple. The giant statue seemed so lifeless and cold. He rested himself on one of the statues feet and looked up. "Oh father, what would you do?"

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:22 am

Stark blinked as Zyton stood, turned away, and disappeared from the room, leaving Arten, Atheramis, and him behind. For a few moments, he sucked on the grape mindlessly as his mind churned, trying to decide whether or not he should rush after Zyton and try to cheer him up. He seemed rather lonely and stressed, but who wouldn't be if they were in his position, under the pressure to defend the throne and the kingdom?

Finally, after only a few seconds of debating with himself, he swallowed down the grape, turned to Arten, and said hesitantly, "So... we're a team?"

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:05 pm

---Nyphori---

Nyphori smiled suddenly, her plush lips curling up to reveal her teeth the slightest. Her gaze shifted between the two as she spoke.
"You haven't seemed to realise that I a the Goddess of Night, Dreams & Visions, my dear cousins. I waste my days away toying with the mortal minds - you'd be suprised how many mortal men dream of laying with a Goddess, though the thoughts linger so far in the back of their minds." Nyphori was walking around her cousins now, her form swaying with each step.
"If they do not wish to side with us - then I can always change that."

---Artenthi-Pheus---

Arten smiled down at Stark and reached into the basket of fruit, taking one of the seedless grapes and popping it into her mouth. Chewing on it slowly she nodded to her little cousin with a smile.
"Aye Stark, we're a team. And I forsee we'll be a mighty good one at that; why, I have a God of Goats by my side, how much better a partner could I be graced with?"
Arten adored flattering Stark, along with everything else.

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!