Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Murder at Tudor Mansion (Clue RP) -Started!-

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Murder at Tudor Mansion (Clue RP) -Started!-

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:53 pm

The storm rages at Tudor Mansion.

Poor Mr. John Boddy’s son’s cousins’ uncle’s daughter’s stepson’s mother’s aunt’s dad’s sons’ daughter’s brother’s friend of the family’s rich friend Mr. Boddy Legs has been murdered tonight.

There are six suspects in this mansion, nine rooms, and a variety of weapons that could have been used to kill this poor man.

Rooms:
Dining Room
Living Room
Library
Master Bedroom
Master Bathroom
Kitchen
Basement
Attic
Recreational Room

Suspects:
Miss Josephine Scarlett’s hot sister, Miss Scarlett Scarlett
Professor Peter Rum (Close friend of Peter Plum)
Colonel Custard Ketchup (Relative of Michael Mustard)
Mr. Jake Blue (Took over the chapel after the reverend was terminated)
Mrs. Blanche White’s daughter Miss Black White
Miss Patricia Peacock’s friend Georgette

Potential Weapons:
Hair Dryer
Shoe
Old Tuna
Wrench
A moose antler
Screwdriver

Rules of the game:

We can only hold 6 characters per game.

You may not enter the same room twice in a post (turn), and you can only enter one room per turn, except the first turn. Everyone is in the Dining room.

Each turn is one post.

When you enter a room you may make one suggestion. It has to be for that room only.
Example: You enter the attic, you can only say Boddy Legs has been murdered there for that turn.

You may only choose one weapon and one suspect per suggestion..

To make a suggestion, you must say I think Mr Boddy Legs was killed in blank room with blank weapon.

Each player will be given an envelope with a Name, Weapon, and Location. (They will be Pmed to you.)

When someone makes a suggestion, and it has any of those three that are in your envelope, you must say so.

We will cross that off the list.

You can make only one accusation for the game. That can happen in any room, even after you make a suggestion.

You must say I accuse Blank for killing Mr Boddy Legs with Blank weapon.

If you are wrong, you cannot win, however you must provide information when someone suggests something still.
Example, if you have George, wrench, attic.. If you still have any of those after you have accused someone, you must stay and play to give out the information even after you lost your accusation.

If everyone makes a wrong accusation, the killer wins. The killer will be notified after they win.

((You may also use these rules for a chat version and the likes.))

The turn order is determined by who posts next. PM me for your character and envelope! This means.. Anyone can start once they receive their envelope. However, you must all wait to post until everyone has had their turn before you.. (Except for this first turn.. Just take whatever order you can, that will determine the posting order for the rest of the game. =I'll post that order once everyone has posted for the first time= )

Also note, when someone mentions what you have in the envelope, everyone must provide their evidence (What you have in your envelopes.) before someone else starts their turn.

Players:
Mid has taken Miss Scarlett.
Paladyn has Mr. Jake Blue
Tetrino is Colonel Custard Ketchup
Dove as Miss Black White
Angel_Melfina as Professor Peter Rum
Jade is Georgette (George for short.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Re: Murder at Tudor Mansion (Clue RP) -Started!-

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:23 pm

The game has been filled and started! Anyone may start by entering a room and making their suggestion. Just remember, everyone who has matching evidence in their envelopes must prove the suggestion wrong by providing that evidence! Then, once the suggestion has been proven wrong, the next player may enter a room and suggest or accuse too!

Good luck!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:18 pm

Miss Scarlett Scarlett kept her distance from the other people in the room; they seemed to be discussing the current "dilemma." Leaning against the window closest to the door she lit her cigarette, Miss Scarlett took a glance at each person in turn as a few puffs of smoke left her cigarette. One of these people in this very room "murdered" Mr. Boddy Legs, yet no one was willing to admit it for fear of jail or worse. She knew pretty soon they'd take to blaming her or even worse.. kill her, which is something she'd rather avoid. Why would she think this? Well she was beautiful of course, and those were the ones who always died first. Least in the movies, anyways. So how to find out who was responsible?

She tapped her fingers against her cigarette as a light bulb went on in her head. Smiling, Miss Scarlett walked towards the group with a confident walk. The conversation stopped causing her to smile, she still had it. "Well... I think Miss White killed Mr. Boddy Legs in the dinning room with the hair dryer... Unless of course someone can prove me wrong. hmm?" Miss Scarlett faced Miss White, her smile still plastered on her face as she took a taste of her cigarette. She waited for any kind of objection to this little game of "clue."
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:34 pm

Georgette stiffened at the sudden accusation. They were all thinking it, of course...but none of them had as of yet voiced their concerns over the innocence of their fellows in the room. And of course, it was the smoking vixen that had brought up the idea of such violence. Wasn't it always the pretty one? But Georgette was quite certain that Scarlett was wrong.

"Miss Scarlett, that seems a bit precocious to me. And I happen to know for a fact that Mr. Boddy Legs was not murdered in the dining room, where we now stand. If you look carefully about you, you will find a definite lack of blood, or struggle, or anything to suggest that the poor man's life ended here." And with this, she separated herself from the group, shaking her head. She slipped through the door into the library, muttering to herself, "For all we know, it was Miss Scarlett herself, who killed Mr. Boddy with a wrench in the library..." And she looked around as though expecting to see a written confession.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:50 am

Miss Black White cowered when her name was mentioned. She startled so hard that her glasses slipped to the bridge of her nose. With a quaking finger she pushed it back up to pipe, "B-b-beg pardon!"

Unfortunately it was unlikely anyone heard anything from her besides a squeak. In her plain maid's outfit, she could hardly be called commanding, especially in the midst of the likes of Miss Scarlett Scarlett and Miss Patricia Peacock's high-falutin' friend. Too soft-spoken to butt in, she waited, clearing her throat and unsuccessfully smoothing down her frazzled mousy hair. Her eyes darted from woman to woman as they traded accusations.

"B-b-beg pardon, Miss Scarlett and Miss Georgette, I w-w-wouldn't want to contradict either of you, but," she dropped her voice to a whisper as she looked down at the feather duster on her lap, "Mr. Boddy Legs was m-m-murdered with the hairdryer, in the master bedroom, by--oh, I can't bear to say this! C-c-colonel Ketchup!" With that, Miss White fainted, as if the truth were too terrible to hear.
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Dovey
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:19 am

Taking a swig of his amber liquid, Peter laughed heartily at the bickering that was taking place among the women of the room. His big belly jiggled like a bowl full of Jell-O--a big bowl of grape Jell-O. In fact, his stomach was so large that it practically filled the small recliner that he was sitting in. His shirt was barely tucked in, somewhat representative of his casual personality. It crossed his mind that his lax demeanor might make him a prime suspect, but they couldn't prove anything.

"It could not have been the library, woman," Peter said, looking to Georgette as she headed out of the room. "No one has even been in that room since we got here. Go look yourself! There are probably cobwebs on the damn door." He laughed again. Women never liked Peter Rum, but he certainly had fun toying with them. Some have called him a womanizer, but he just considered himself outspoken, especially after a bottle or two of his own homemade rum.

Finishing off the clear glass container, Peter dropped it on the floor beside the chair. He pushed on the arms of the recliner, his fat limbs shaking upon bearing the weight of his massive figure as he tried to stand. Finally getting to his feet, he tried his best to walk in a straight line towards the door after Georgette, too drunk to notice that he had just stepped around a fallen Miss White.

"I bet it was you, woman." He managed to get out, after failing miserably as his attempt to walk straight. He headed towards the kitchen and stopped in the doorway to look back at Georgette, whether she was there or not. "With the moose antler in the damn kitchen!" he yelled, his voice echoing back at him for a moment before he retreated into the kitchen to find something to soak up some of the booze in his overbearing gut.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:26 am

At the mention of his name, the Colonel looked up. Until then, he had barely taken notice of the various accusations being thrown back and forth by the room's inhabitants, finding far more entertainment in the paperback in his hand. Slowly closing the book and placing it on the table, he stood up to his full height and confronted the cowering maid before him.

"You dare question my innocence? Mr Boddy Legs was my true friend. If it weren't for him, I might not have this colonel's insignia on my uniform. Furthermore, I am a man of the military! The only way I would kill a man is with a bullet!" exclaimed the man, head held high and chest out. And with that, Colonel Ketchup moved into the basement, to examine the moose antler that the professor had pointed out earlier.

Gently removing it from its place on the wall, Custard moved it this way and that to look at all the angles. A uniform layer of dust coated the antlers, and the bone was extremely fragile, a sizable piece breaking off when he applied some pressure on it. "Sorry to disappoint you, Professor, but these antlers couldn't kill a mouse, let alone a man!" he called out to the man in the kitchen. "If you ask me, I think it might have been our dear Reverend himself, with a wrench in the basement!" the Colonel suggested. He had heard some rumors about Mr Blue, none of which boded well for this investigation.
<Donny> Wow, who's this new Azrican fag?
<Alucroas> He's the man who typo'd African

Tetrino
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paladyn on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:50 pm

Jake sniffed and coughed as he heard his name while he was wandering the kitchen and basement area. He was well aware of his less-than-perfect track record, but there was nothing in there that would point to him for murder. Placing his hand on the Colonel's shoulder, he looked up at the moose antlers and smiled before speaking.

"Well Colonel, I'm happy I have your trust tonight, but I'm afraid I've no desire for blood. Mere sight of it makes me so very ill." Jake smiled wider and patted the man's shoulder. "Shame - I never could have made it in the military." With that, Jake turned and ascended the steps.

"And now, to the attic..." He passed a few people on his way there throwing different suggestions forward, all of which he ignored. He simply smiled and waved - let them debate among themselves. He was already a suspect, despite his innocence, and he had his name to clear. Oh, Jake Blue would get to the bottom of this; he swore it on the very chapel he took over.

Ascending the steps to the attic, Jake looked around, puzzled. "You know," he started saying to himself, a little louder than he'd have liked, "I bet it was that damn Plum up here with the shoe. It suits him."

Paladyn
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:11 am

Georgette sighed, leaving the abandoned library and easing into the kitchen. She frowned as she looked around herself, imagining a murder taking place in that very area...

"The kitchen." She said aloud, closing her eyes as she pictured it. "The kitchen...and it would only make sense if the old tuna was used, here...and I can't imagine anyone doing it but Miss Scarlett." She shuddered at the thought, but it was a persistent one. She could just imagine the gorgeous Miss Scarlett attacking poor Mr. Boddy Legs with a fish...such violence could only be provoked from a beautiful woman. Probably because she had been spurned.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:12 am

------Heads up to everyone, we now know (With the evidence given.) It was in the kitchen, and it did happen with a shoe; by who?-------

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:46 am

OOC: Jade you skipped me XD!!

BIC:

Annoyed, Miss Scarlett glared at Georgette. "That swine! She's already blaming me because I'm beautiful! Hmph.. well I'll show her..." Miss Scarlett thought as she took her time following the woman into the kitchen.

"Has anyone noticed how she's blamed me every chance she's gotten? Hmm..? I bet it was you. Blame the one with the looks you obviously lack." The obviously was dragged out and exaggerated a bit, quickly followed by a harsh laughter. Taking the chance too look around, Miss Scarlett spotted the shoe. "I bet it was you, "George." With the shoe in here.. You just hate me cause I'm beautiful!" And with that Miss Scarlett fell a bit back into the nearest counter, her hand over her face for an extra feel in the dramatics.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:46 pm

Miss Black White timidly glanced at everyone's feet to see if anyone had a shoe missing, but it was futile--what kind of murderer would be so careless to leave such a crucial piece of evidence behind?

Fearfully, Miss White pondered what kind of damage a shoe would do to a human body. At the thought, Miss White started to nervously chew on her nails.

Would the murderer use Master Boddy Leg's own shoes? Or would the murderer frame another, using a man's patent leather dress shoe, like those worn by Mr. Rum? Or, better yet, a woman's high-heel stiletto? That would inflict the most damage, the sharp heel drawing blood more effectively than any of the aforementioned shoes. However, Miss Scarlett was the only one among them who would ever wear stilettos, and using one as a murder weapon would be far too telling. Besides, a woman like that would find shoes too precious to be used to bash someone's face in. If Miss Scarlett killed Master Boddy Legs in the kitchen with a shoe, she would have used the most utilitarian shoe, one like Miss Georgette's, to throw off the scent. Her eyes darted to Mr. Blue--would the murderer use the laces of the shoe to strangle Master Leg? Miss White even entertained the thought of one of the servants, like herself, using their own shoes to batter their Master to death. Her own shoes were simple, Mary Janes, spotless, and shiny and black just like--

Her eyes darted to the Colonel's shiny black boots, spotless and intimidating with a shiny steel toe. Or perhaps, Miss White thought, The murderer used a heavy boot with a metal toe? It was the kind of shoe that was mostly likely used, the heel heavy, the steel toe damaging, and the black shiny leather--no blood could possibly stain that!

Miss White remained quiet, her eyes growing bigger and bigger as they silently accused Colonel Ketchup.

Dovey
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:25 pm

The glare off the top of his head was unbearable to most people in a room, and it was especially bad as he pulled his chubby cheeks away from the blinding white insides of the refrigerator. Peter was startled by the accusations being made behind him, which seemed to come out of no where. His mind was too focused on what was in the fridge. The shelves were spotted with a rainbow of colors, from the plump, over sized tomatoes glistening from a light misting to the limes ripe for cocktails, spotted with stickers revealing their organic origins. When Peter hoisted his upper half into a standing position, both hands were full of food. One hand held a cluster of red grapes, the other held a block of sharp cheddar cheese.

He stepped away from the fridge, his heavy footsteps making no impact on the hard, stone floor. He turned the corner into the other half of the kitchen to find two ladies bickering, the one he had accused already and the pretty one the he figured was only compensating what she didn't have in her head. Either way, she was nice to look at, and Peter wasn't complaining. He eyed her from head to toe, his mouth curling up into a smirk as she bit off a corner of the cheese in his right hand.

With a full mouth, he stepped closer to the women.

"I still think it was this one," he muttered, swallowing huge chunks of food that had not yet been chewed enough. He motioned to Georgette. "You're an uptight bitch, and he probably said the wrong thing to you, so you WHACKED HIM WITH YOUR SHOE." He screamed the last bit in a spontaneous attempt to get a confession.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!