Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Need RolePlayers for a tale of adventure!

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Need RolePlayers for a tale of adventure!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Hey everyone I'll keep this short and sweet. Recently made a new RP called A Seafarer's Tale: The Drowned Kingdom and I'm looking for anyone who would be interested. Right now I've got four players and myself that all look like they'll work well together but let's be honest. Five people isn't enough to fill an entire ocean! If you'd like to pursue this, the background story is below but that's just the tip of the iceberg. We've only got one post so far so their's plenty of time to join before the story actually takes off. I hope you enjoy!

The Story of Agranna and the Wicked Man:

On any island, you will hear tales told to children as they grow. Stories of monsters and heroes, of kingdoms both fallen and yet to rise. On every island, there are different tales with different purposes, but the one story that spreads far and wide over the waves is that of the sunken kingdom. No one knows what lies in the depths of the ocean, the places where no living person has yet reached. No one except the gods who sank the land in a torrential rain. About four centuries ago, the world was covered in more land than water. As far as the eye could see, craggy mountains, green fields and magnificent castles rose into the sky. Kingdoms were spread far apart and their ideals were peaceful for a time. Nothing good lasts forever though.

A man from the mountains came to one of the kingdoms, a land known as Agranna which was the largest and most powerful on this plane. He tricked the king into believing that the peace was faltering, made the king order Agranna's troops to all corners of the earth. And so they went, tens of thousands of heavily armed soldiers scattering across the fields and mountains, an unstoppable war machine. As they came to the borders of the lands, couriers warned their kings of the impending war, and in a rush to stay sovereign, they too formed armies to contest the tricked Agrannan soldiers. His plan set in motion, the wicked man finalized his plot. The moment he and the king of Agranna were alone, he ran a knife through the king's heart. With the last heir to the throne, the king's son, still much too young to take it, the duty of governing the state fell to the wicked man. It was just as he planned.

Battles raged, towns fell in the wake of war, and the world's peace was lost, all thanks to the will of one man. He sat on the throne, content with his cunning maneuver to ascend to power. With his lead, Agranna began winning the war rapidly, but at a hefty cost. Many lives were lost, fortunes turned to poverty, land became cold, hard and useless. He assured his people that it was for a good cause, that in the end, they would live like lords on a land of gold. His assurances were filled with falsehoods and evil intent though, and the gods saw through this. Seeing no other option to stop the slaughter of innocent people, they told the few peoples still unscathed by war to flee to the mountain tops. Heeding the gods' words, the innocents ran and climbed the mountains. With their chosen few safe, the all mighty deities summoned a torrential rain that flooded the world and killed all who hadn't fled for the heights. At the first sign of trouble however, the wicked man ran to the mountaintops as well. And thus, the old world died, drowned beneath the waves of a gargantuan sea. The people who survived began new lives on the mountaintops, which were now islands in the middle of a vast expanse of water and the wicked man's kin still survive, somewhere in the world.

"I saw the traveler make his way toward the monolith,
That thin gash amidst the clouds;
An open seam between heaven and earth that eluded the Eye of God.

Or perhaps it had not; perhaps it beckoned from one realm
To the other, wedded And ruled as one;
For look how clean it splits the horizon 'twain, absorbs it,
Makes it Strange,
An indomitable beam,
A Tower of Heaven."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Need Role Players for a tale of adventure and treasure!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:39 pm

This week's Roleplayers Wanted of the Week goes to:

Agranna and the Wicked Man

Your Roleplayers Wanted will be stickied with the 'Featured:' title for an entire week!

Congratulations!
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Re: Featured: Need RolePlayers for a tale of adventure!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Woo sweet! Thanks Raine!

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JetBlack on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:25 am

Ahoy! I have to say, the premise behind this story is exciting. Sort of stirs the blood, you know? I have to applaud your word choice, too. It's hard to make something literate but easy to read, but I'm definitely excited after reading that~

What have you got in mind for this sort of world? Obviously adventure abound, but are there any specific quirks like magic or strange/mythical creatures, or is it more of a historical world, rather than fantasy? Either way, have to say I'm interested.

Though be warned, I haven't written in a good number of years and I'm a little bit of a newb. I like making characters and I love writing a good number of paragraphs, but I've never really roleplayed in a forum setting before; I've only ever written one-on-one with someone. I suppose we can PM if there's more to talk about, and I hope this kind of reply... question... thing, is okay here.

JetBlack
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:38 pm

Sorry about the delay in reply here Jet, been on vacation for the past few days and will be for a few more. However, I can manage and OOC post with my phone.

Now to answer your inquiries, the world is starting off historic but will slowly descend into tales of sea monsters, Atlantean-esque kingdoms under the sea and characters that evolve abilities throughout the story.

As for skill, anyone's allowed as long as they're willing to be flexible and work with others to make the story fun and interesting.

Finally, thank you for the compliment, I try to make my stories easy to grasp while enthralling readers at the same time. Looking to either write short stories or be an english teacher when I retire from my current job, so it's always encouraging to hear any kind of criticism.

If you'd like, feel free to submit a character using the link I put in the OPand i'll look it over. Just remember, i'm on my phone so please excuse any delay in accepting or suggestions and spelling errors. (Only able to see about a quarter of the text box at a time so I can't see everything. ^^')

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby heretostay123 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:07 pm

I would like to join this, but I have one question. Is it relativley simple to keep up with?
Time after time, as we march side by side, through the valleys of evil and torturing souls. Night after night, for the glory we fight in a kingdom of madness and tales from the old. Cry thunder! Sword in his hand. Titans of justice, fearless we stand. Cry thunder! Strong in command. Blessed by the union, freedom of man.

heretostay123
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Well so far I think we're on the secomd page and it's going a bit slow (out of town and can't post but i've got one of the mains so yeah...) But even when I'm on I find ot fairly simple to keep pace. ^^ if you'd like another opinion, feel free to go ask in the OOC as well, there are active people there all the time.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Re: Need RolePlayers for a tale of adventure!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:13 pm

As a part of the RP, I think it is still easy to follow :)

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!