Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Never Say Goodbye... **Closed**

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Never Say Goodbye... **Closed**

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:05 am

Jake sat there awaiting whoever was coming in to show him around. While they waited him and his new boss were talking about how things run, and they even got on the topic of Fishing and golf. To be truthful, Jake never did either, but he noticed the picture of his boss holding a huge fish and the golf clubs in the corner of his office. Before he knew it, they had plans to go golfing next month and fishing when the weather got hotter out. Jake hadn't been golfing since.... Well since the time he went Mini-Golfing with Tilly. Of course, he was banking on the fact he'd just be a natural at it, but told his boss he wasn't very good at either. The boss didn't seem to care, he was always happy to go golfing with some of the employees. Especially the ones he liked.

That was when a knock on the door came. Mr Jennings had called whoever was there in, but as Jake saw who it was his jaw dropped. It was her.... She wasn't the same 16 year old girl he had left behind, but he could still tell it was her. She always had that... he couldn't put his finger on it, but there was just always something about Tilly. Whenever he saw her she always had a glow of sorts around her. After almost seven years of searching... here she was. Did she remember him though? Did she know it was him?

Mr Jennings explained what he wanted her to do, and didn't really make mentioned about the change in demeanor in the two. It wasn't exactly a completely obvious change, and as long as things didn't go bad then he didn't care. Jake stood up waiting for Tilly to lead the way, hoping just for a moment to talk to her. What if she really didn't remember him though?....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Magix
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:03 am

Finally seeing him… Tilly didn’t know how to feel. She was confused as to why he was here. He shouldn’t be here… She was hurt over the fact that he had left her all those years ago and had never come back to find her. She was still upset that he had lied to her that night and that he had picked his family over her right before her own family fell even more apart. However she still loved him and looking at him it was like she was sixteen again. Yet Tilly had been hurt too badly. She wasn’t going to let herself be hurt again.

She nodded her head as she was told to show him around. Tilly didn’t know how she was going to get through this and she honestly didn’t know what to say to him. Had he moved on like she told him to? Tilly didn’t see a ring but that didn’t mean that there wasn’t someone. So many thoughts were going through her mind at the moment but the main one was that it had been seven years. People change over seven years, so she shouldn’t get her hopes up.

“This way…” Tilly said quietly as she began to walk out of the office. Mr Jennings went back to work and she glanced back at Jake to make sure that he was following her. “To the right is the board room where we hold meetings and do presentations…” She said, still in a quiet voice as she walked over towards the board room and opened the door so that he could see inside. It was a good a place as any to show him first.
Maybe you're going to be the one who saves me...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:25 am

As Tilly led the way Jake followed her. He was completely silent at first. What could he possibly say to her? They way she looked at him... It was like she remembered him... but she didn't say a word about it. Did she hate him? Did she move on? Did she not realize it was him? So many questions, so many possibilities went running through Jake's head. He just didn't know what to do or say. What would anyone else do in his situation? Was there a good way to handle this? If so he hoped it was better then the way he handled things 7 years ago. That didn't go well at all...

The first room Tilly showed him was the board room. As she opened the door he looked inside. It was completely empty. Just the kind of spot he was hoping to find. He walked inside, even though that wasn't why she opened the door. He figured that hopefully she'd just follow him in and maybe point some things out in the room itself. As he stood in the room, he took a deep breath and turned around looking at Tilly in the doorway. "Can we... talk?" That was the only words that seemed to come out of his mouth at this point. It would at least tell him if she remembered him or not by the way she reacted.

Magix
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:47 am

Tilly watched him as he stepped inside the room. It was the same Jake she remembered, just older. It physically hurt her seeing him again after all those years. There hadn't been a day she hadn't thought about him but she had come to terms with the fact that she would never see him again and it was more than a shock to now finally see him standing there in front of her. Tilly was ready to fake being sick and need to go home from work today when Jake spoke up. She looked at him for a moment before nodding her head a little with a sigh. She knew this was coming at some point but she also had been hoping that it wouldn't happen just yet.

Turning around Tilly closed the door behind her to give them some privacy before turning back to look at Jake. "What... what are you doing here Jake?" Tilly said quietly. She didn't know what else to say to him. Tilly ran her fingers through her hair as she paced a little bit. It was a habit she had always had since she was little when she was nervous.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 am

Jake watched Tilly carefully. She knew exactly who he was, which made this harder. It was like she was trying to avoid this. He knew he hurt her, but didn't realize as to what extent. Not until now, and even now, he didn't know what she'd been through the past 7 years. Her question was blunt and to the point. Although when she started to pace and run her fingers through her hair, Jake knew exactly what it meant. He missed seeing that. He missed seeing Tilly altogether. Furthermore he didn't know how to really answer her question. He'd learned that honesty was the best policy though.

"I... I had come for a job here. If I knew you worked here... I would have come much sooner." He still loved Tilly, there was no question about that. From the way things were turning out though, things wouldn't ever be like how they used to be. "I've never forgotten about you..." He wanted to spill everything right there, but was hesitant too. He didn't want to overwhelm her with everything.

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:25 am

Tilly shook her head a little as he mentioned coming sooner. "Why didn't you come sooner Jake? You promised you would come back for me. I waited... god you have no idea how long I waited for you" Tilly said refusing to look up at him for fear that she would cry. Jake was the only reason she had put up with her father for as long as she did. There had always been the option for her to move to her mother, one phone call and she would have been there but she couldn't. Tilly wanted to be there when Jake came back, she needed to be there when he came back. However that time in the hospital had been eye opening for her. She couldn't keep putting herself through the pain of her father for someone who might never come back to her.

"You cant just walk in here and act like you care" She said, turning away from him now. "I have spent too many nights crying over you" She mumbled, tears now streaming down her face. Tilly didn't want him to see her cry. Running her fingers through her hair again, Tilly sighed while wiping her eyes.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:39 am

Jake stared at her as she spoke. It seemed she hadn't talked to her father in years, or he just didn't tell her. Either way, she thought he never came back for her. He couldn't begin ti imagine how that must have been for her. She was so hurt, all because no one had told her he came. All because he failed in finding her. "Tilly..."

Jake started walking forwards. he wanted to take her in his arms like he used to, but he knew he couldn't. Not while she didn't want to even look at him. "I did come back. I came back on your 18th birthday. I wanted to take you away from it all. To run away together and never have to look back. We'd were both adults and we could have done whatever we wanted without anyone being able to say something. I would make sure to never leave you again."

Jake paused and cleared his throat. He remembered vividly, the day they were separated. Despite how much he didn't want to. "When I got to your Dad's house though, you weren't there. He wouldn't tell me where you went or why you left. I spent the next few years looking for you, but I couldn't find you anywhere. I thought you moved on without me."

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:25 am

Tilly couldn't believe what she was hearing. He had come back for her? All these years she had thought that he didn't care about her and he had come back... even if he had left it two whole years to do so. However a lot had happened in those two years and Tilly wasn't sure if she was ready to forgive him for leaving her to face that alone. She turned to look at him as he mentioned her father and how she had moved on without him. Her expression was strained, as if she was struggling to keep composure.

"I had to move Jake... I waited as long as I could but you know how my father was" She said quietly. She had never spoken about what had happened in those last few months of living with her father, not even to her mother or the councellor who she had been forced to see. Tilly also had no intention of telling Jake anymore of the story than that. "I moved in with my Mum and her family and I haven't been in contact with my father since... I wouldn't even know if he was still alive" Tilly explained. Depsite Jake saying that he had come back for her, that still didn't get rid of the fact that he had left her. Seeing him now was just bringing up all of those memories of how it felt to know that he chose his family over her, he had picked them when she had been more than willing to pick him.

"I told you I would wait for you Jake, I promised... and I haven't even been with anyone else" She said taking a deep breath. "But that doesn't mean that I want to be hurt by you again"

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:35 am

Jake stood there just listening to Tilly. Her voice, even if upset, was soothing too finally hear again. Although some of the words hurt as if they were razor blades covered in rubbing alcohol. She had to move? What happened more then the way her father usually acted? She never had seemed too keen on moving away from her father, although maybe that was just because Jake had always been there for her. Without anyone there, it was just a matter of time really. "I know how he was, and the thought of leaving you with him scared me every day. I just couldn't see any other way. I was young and naive back then. By the time I got my head on straight it was too late..."

So it wasn't that her father didn't tell her she just hadn't talked to him. Maybe that was for the best. Jake always hated Tilly's father. She waited though... She really did wait, although that didn't mean she still wanted to be with him. He couldn't blame her for what he'd done. He wouldn't give her up without a fight. He lost her once, and as long as he could muster up the ability to try and prevent it, he wouldn't lose her again. "I didn't want to leave you behind Tilly, I loved you... I still do love you. That's never stopped..."

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:44 am

All Tilly could do was shake her head a little as he mentioned being scared for her every day that she was with her father. That was good to say now but he wasn't the one who had to live through those horrible years. Tilly still had the occasional scar on her body which was evidence enough of what she had been through. There was no way she was going to let Jake see that though, and she wasn't going to let him know how much it had hurt her. There had been times when she had thought about going to find him, but he knew where she was and if he wanted her then he would have come. He didn't though, not until she had left.

"Jake..." Tilly said in a strained voice as he said that he still loved her. Deep down she still loved him but she wasn't about to let herself get hurt again. "You cant say things like that" She said as she looked at him. "It has been... seven years and things have changed, you cant just say things like that" She said wanting to run away. "I should finish the tour and show you your office" Tilly said as she went to leave the board room.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:25 am

Jake didn't like how Tilly was reacting one bit. It had been what he was fearing. He always knew there was a chance she wouldn't want to see him anymore, he just didn't want to believe it. He didn't want to accept that fact. Her words... was she really saying them? Of course she was. He has left her, no one could fault what she was saying.

Seven years... Boy she was right that things could change. It was true that he did still love her, at least the Tilly he used to know. Who knows how much she could have changed in those seven years. He couldn't even start to imagine what could change her to make him not love her though. In the end if she couldn't stand him, then what else could he do?

"I'm..... I'm sorry Tilly....." It had more then one meaning, since he was sorry for the way they split years ago, as well as doing this today. He shouldn't have told her he still loved her. That was a wrong move on his part. "Tilly... If you want me to leave I will. There are other jobs out there, and I wouldn't dream of causing you to be uncomfortable about all this." If Tilly wanted him gone he'd go, although he was hoping he wouldn't say too. He would, but he wouldn't like it at all.

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:32 am

Tilly shook her head as he said that he was sorry. "I'm sorry too Jake" She whispered quietly before hearing him speak about leaving. Tilly felt torn. She didn't want him here and she didn't want him there every single day. Just seeing him right now was hard enough on her and she couldn't imagine that getting any easier with time. He had broken her heart, lied to her and left her. Yet he had tried to come back to her, maybe that was fate or maybe it was just bad timing. However that didn't take away from the fact that he had left her in the first place.

Despite not wanting to see him, Tilly did realise that she didn't have any right to tell him not to work here. He had got the job and her boss had seemed so happy with him. She couldn't take that away from him. ."No... you can stay. Jake you got this job, I cant take it away from you. Just.. give me some space to get used to this" Tilly said as she looked at him with a nervous expression. She was willing to give this a go and if she couldn't cope with it, well then she would get another job because clearly she was the one with the issue.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:41 am

Jake looked down as Tilly had apologized. He was still to her back, and he felt almost guilty for even wanting to stay. It was a lot to ask of her. What he did was cruel, not that he intended it to be. If only he didn't lie, maybe she would have accepted it better. Maybe she could stomach looking at him now. There wasn't much point in focusing on the what if's though. He couldn't change the past, no matter how much he wanted too.

"Alright..." Was all he could muster up in response. "I'll give you as much space as you need, but..." He stopped the sentence not wanting to make things harder on her. "I can finish showing myself around if you'd like. I'm sure it can't be that complicated, and I could always ask for some directions if I needed it." He wanted things easiest on Tilly, since she had the problem. Even if that would have met he had to leave again. If it was her choice this time, he would.

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:19 am

Tilly was aware that she was hurting him with her words however she also didn't know what else she could do. She didn't want to lead him on to think that something was going to happen between them because she didn't want it to. Causing Jake pain was something she had never even dreamed of doing but somewhere along the line she had learnt to protect herself and not to get close to people. People always let you down.

"Are you sure?" Tilly said as she looked at him with a nervous expression. "He umm... he told me to show you around, I dont want to do the wrong thing. Are you sure you will be able to get around okay?" She questioned. "At least let me show you where your office will be" Depsite needing some space, Tilly also didn't want him to feel uncomfortable and she also didn't want to get into trouble with the boss. She took a deep breath and opened the door, wiping underneath her eyes a little to make sure that it didn't look as if she had been crying. Tilly didnt want to become the office drama. She walked down the hall and pointed out an office which happened to be opposite hers.

"Im guessing you have this one" Tilly said opening the door for him. "It was the guy whose job you are taking so I guess it is yours... if you need anything changed or have any issues then there is a lady at the front desk, Fiona, she takes care of all that kind of stuff or if she cant help then she will point you in the right direction" Tilly said, standing there a little awkwardly.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:01 am

Jake saw Tilly thinking. Her nervousness seemed to be going away a bit, but he could always tell when she was thinking. At least that much didn't change. "Of course I'm sure. Seven years changes a lot, but I'm still me." He was confident she'd know what he meant by that. She always made comments on how he was always good at things. Figuring out his way wouldn't really be much different.

As Tilly opened the door, Jake dropped the smile he had on. He was trying to sell that he was the same person, but what was happening hurt him a lot. He didn't want to lose Tilly again after just finding her again. He didn't say anything else until she showed him to his office though. "Thanks Tilly. Don't worry, if anyone asks I can always talk my way out of things. I won't tell them that we ended the tour early." He said walking into his office and looking around. It all seemed so weird now. He began wondering if he even did belong there.

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:08 am

Tilly watched him walk into the office, nodding her head a little as he said he wouldn't tell anyone they ended the tour early. "Thanks" She said quietly as she continued to watch him for a moment before turning to leave. "If you need me, Im across the hall" She said, glancing at him one more time before walking out and across into her room. Without stopping she closed her door, sliding down the back of it until she was seated on the ground. It was then that the tears began to fall. Tilly hadn't cried of Jake since that night in the hospital but as she sat there she felt all those emotions coming back to her. He wasn't meant to be here. She was meant to be starting her life and moving on.

She sat there for what seemed like hours on the floor before her phone rang and it was one of the clients. She dried her eyes and moved to her desk, taking the call and beginning to do some of her work. Tilly just wanted to get through the day and go home. She needed time to come to terms with the fact that after seven years Jake was just across the hallway from her.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:24 am

Jake nodded as Tilly spoke, and he looked around his new office. "If I'm needed, well you know where to find me." He said, realizing how stupid that sounded after. He was confident, he was probably the last person Tilly would come too for anything unless absolutely necessary. As she was gone, Jake shut the door. He sighed and layed his forehead against it. "I need you more then you know...." He said to himself with a heavy sigh.

After all that he opened the window in his office and sat on his desk looking out of it. It was a quirk he always used to do, sitting on the desk or table instead of a chair. Especially, if it had a better view. Jake didn't have much to do yet, after all he was just settling in. No jobs were assigned to him yet, but he was confident there would be soon enough. At least for now he could sit and think. Today was not going how he had expected. That was both good and bad.

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:20 am

Tilly stayed in her office for the rest of the day and quickly snuck out at the end of the day. She didn't talk to anyone but instead she headed straight home, climbing into bed where she cried herself to sleep. All of the memories too much for her and just needing to let go of some of her emotions. Tilly had always been good at holding in her emotions but no one could hold in these emotions. Part of her wished that he hadn't come to work there and that she had never seen him but another part of her was relived to know that he had tried to find her and that he still loved her. She just wasn't ready to let herself be loved, not yet.

The next morning Tilly was feeling a little better. She felt a little more comfortable with the fact that he was working there and that she would have to see him. That didn't mean that she was going to go out of her way to see him. Getting up and dressed, her eyes were a little more puffy than yesterday but she tried to put on a brave face as she entered the office the next morning. Tilly didn't head to her office straight away and instead she went to the small kitchen to make herself a cup of coffee. After the rough night she had endured and yesterday, she needed a pick up.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:50 am

Jake finished the little work he had that day, and headed home. Well his hotel room anyway. He didn't have a place to live yet since well he didn't know if he'd get the job. He spent the rest of the night with Tilly on his mind. She was still so beautiful, but she couldn't seem to stand being around him anymore. At one point he considered not going back, to make it easier on Tilly. However, that would just be running away and leaving her behind again/ If she wanted to see him or not was her decision, but he wouldn't leave her again unless she asked him to.

The next morning Jake woke up and looked around the room. His sleep wasn't the best, considering he would wake up a few times hearing Tilly's crying voice over and over again in his nightmares. He got himself out of bed and headed straight for the shower. After he was all showered and everything, he got dressed, and all ready for work. Maybe if he got there before Tilly then it would be easier on her not having to see him.

As he left the hotel, Jake got in his car and headed out. He stopped to grab a quick bagel and coffee before heading into work. When he did got there, he was actually early. Not really caring he went up to his office, which now had his name on his door and a name plate on his desk. Seemed things got done pretty quick and efficiently here. Jake liked that. He stared at Tilly's office for a minute. She wasn't there yet, but that didn't stop him. After just standing a minute he went into his office, leaving the door open. Although he had considered closing it behind him for a minute.

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:48 am

Tilly poured herself a strong coffee before she headed back towards her office. She was exhausted and it showed. Her body looked run down and it was clear she hadn't slept much. Tilly just wanted things to go back to normal and to be able to ignore the fact that Jake was there. Maybe with time they might even be able to be friends but for the moment she just needed to get a control on her emotions. It was something she had never been very good at around Jake but maybe time would change that even if it didn't change the way her heart stopped every time she saw him.

As she approached her office she could see that the door to Jake's was open. It seemed that he was here early as well. Tilly just sighed softly and took a sip from her drink. She considered just ducking inside her office and not saying anything to him but she didn't want to seem rude. Instead as she approached her door she turned to look into his office and spotted him at his desk. "Good Morning" Tilly said, her voice breaking a little but she managed to keep the smile on her face. Not awkward... that's what she wanted and thats what she was trying to do. Tilly was trying so hard to make this work when on the inside she was breaking. Jake reminded her of her past and of all the times her father had hurt her and he was nowhere to be found. Maybe it wasn't fair to blame him but Tilly couldn't help the association.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!