Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New Guy Around

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

New Guy Around

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain.Harlock on Mon May 05, 2008 8:25 pm

My name is Danny Beaupré, 15 and French Canadian. I RPed since a rather long time, and I know I can't be that bad..... even though some says my English IS crap....

A little more about me from RoosterPedia.
And the tree said so, commenting:
''I don't want to be a tree,
But its meaning'' -Benim Adım Kırmızı
(My Name Is Red)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Captain.Harlock
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: New Guy Around

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Mon May 05, 2008 8:30 pm

Welcome to the site, Danny!
I am known as Rose. You can find me lurking the many pages of rp or haunting the rafters of the chatbox. I'm always around to hand out welcomes and/or help whenever needed, as with the others. So if you have any questions, concerns, and/or comments, feel free to send the mods a private message. We'll be glad to help you out in any way that we know.
The poem in my signature is a description of people you'll meet around here. So read it and have a few laughs on me! Hope to see you in the chatbox or in the threads.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yducky on Mon May 05, 2008 8:31 pm

Welcome! So, you speak French? I do too, kind of. I took a couple of years in the class. Anyways, I'm rambling. Welcome, again! Just ask if you need anything! :D

yducky
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Muser on Mon May 05, 2008 9:17 pm

Ah, Bonjour!

A French Canadian, eh? I'm a Western Canadian, but I won't hold that against ya! Welcome, welcome!

-M

Muser
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain.Harlock on Mon May 05, 2008 9:28 pm

I also don't know what RP to join. I like Historical Threads (E.G.: Recreations of Historical Battles, livings, etc...) Zombie threads( I NEVER saw one working properly.) Space Threads, and some more. But these are the main ones. Anyone have suggestions for a thread for me to join?

Captain.Harlock
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Mon May 05, 2008 9:41 pm

Hello. I am GOD!!!!! Hehe no.... Nice to see new players coming in. I hope you have fun and if you have any questions many of us have nothing better to do, as you can see.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Revered Chaotic on Mon May 05, 2008 9:54 pm

Fuckin' Hi, Capt. Lemme just say...I been here what? TWO days? I love it! You may have heard of RPGFO...I'll tell you from experience, because I'm dating a global from there, good friend with both admins, and I'm a moderator over there...this site fuckin' kicks RPGFO out of the water! *Cheers, holding up and waving RPGateway flag. I'm bringing my chick over here. EVERYONE better welcome Gideon, or I'll go on a fucking Sparring spree and kill you all! >_<

(Harlock, if you're interested in a mafia-style RP with no timeframe yet, PM me. I have big plans ((And yes, they involve becoming staff, mod, global, and eventually admin.))
Last edited by Revered Chaotic on Sat May 10, 2008 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
-[Welcome to Purgatory]-
-[Revered Chaotic]
-

Revered Chaotic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Mon May 05, 2008 10:36 pm

I've created a space thread that may or may not interest you, Captain.Harlock. You can look up The Pursuit of Bloodwing, and see if you'd like to join in our space adventure. I'm always looking for new players.

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Revered Chaotic on Tue May 06, 2008 12:37 am

Revered Chaotic wrote:Fuckin' Hi, Capt. Lemme just say...I been here what? TWO days? I love it! You may have heard of RPGFO...I'll tell you from experience, because I'm dating a global from there, good friend with both admins, and I'm a moderator over there...this site fuckin' kicks RPGFO out of the water! *Cheers, holding up and waving RPGateway flag. I'm bringing my chick over here. EVERYONE better welcome Gideon, or I'll go on a fucking Sparring spree and kill you all! >_<

(Harlock, if you're interested in a mafia-style RP with no timeframe yet, PM me. I have big plans ((And yes, they involve becoming staff, mod, global, and eventually admin.))

Jesus...my post before was small...xD

Revered Chaotic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Tue May 06, 2008 6:51 am

o.o;;

Also... hii Harlock. << No more spazzy randomness in the shoutbox, please.
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Sat May 10, 2008 7:14 am

Ah, bonjour ami francophone, moi-même je viens de France tu vois, mais bon, on parle tout les deux la même langue n'est-ce pas ? Donc, permets-moi de t'accueillir chaleureusement dans ce site, qui franchement, n'est pas mal du tout. Pour ton info, je suis né en France, je parle donc français comme tu peux le voir, mais mes parents étants Anglais, je parle ausi l'anglo-saxon. Bon, assez parlé de moi, et soi la bienvenue parmi nous ...

Ha, I love losing people by speaking french. Anyway, no I'm not going to translate (to keep the inter-linguistic mistique, you know ?) see you around the place, and have fun !

Selothi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sat May 10, 2008 9:21 pm

Another Canadian! I'm in Ontario :D
S'ereht on yaw M'i lamron...S'ti em.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Mon May 12, 2008 7:55 am

Harlock! ... Oh man, between that, Macross, and SBS Yamato, this is going to be a quite interesting roleplay set! So anyway, welcomes aside, I'm here for another reason. Will you listen to my roleplay?

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon May 12, 2008 9:34 am

Welcome to the hizzous.

It seems you've had quite the welcome already, and I'm glad some people have already pointed you in the direction of some RPs. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

It's great to have you!
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!