Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New here.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

New here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shin Maruku on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:11 pm

Soo... yeah. I just registered not even five minutes ago. I found this site using Google, looking for a good place to Role Play. I dunno, I just got sick of Gaia's Vampire/Angel/Demon/Forest role plays. But, I'm not here to slander other sites. Personally, I'm into things like mideval (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) fantasy, anything with magic or controling the elements, special powers, and things like that. More of a sword person, than I am a gun person. This post is incredibly short, but I don't know what else to say. ^^;;

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shin Maruku
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: New here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:19 pm

ImageImage
Meh, we like all sorts of roleplaying styles here ^^. The more the better. Either way, welcome to RPG. Please read over the rules and the guide though. If you need help with anything at all, or you just want someone to chat with, feel free to private message me ^^. I hope you like it here?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shin Maruku on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:30 pm

I've looked through a few of the threads while waiting for a reply, and they seem very interesting. I'll give the rules a more thorough look-over, as well. Heh, I think it's gonna be fun here. ^.^

Shin Maruku
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:33 pm

It shall be ^^. There are tons of roleplays to hop into, plus our chatroom as well ^^.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ralana on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:52 pm

Hey there! Welcome to the site!

I am more into Medieval/fantasy role plays myself, and know how hard it is to find a good one. Don't be at all scared to try starting an rp up if you want. If you need help you, again like Vex said, you can pm him, me, or any of the support staff. Thanks for joining!

Ralana
STAR WARS

Motti: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fortress...

[Vader makes a pinching motion and Motti starts choking]

Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing
American Physco

Patrick: I don't think we should see each other.

Evelyn: But your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends. I don't think it would work. You have a little something...

Patrick: I know that your friends are my friends and, uh... I thought about that. You can have'em.

Patrick: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Ralana
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heaven on Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:13 am

Well welcome to the community im sure I will be seeing you in the fantasy section. Anyway I hope you like it and i look forward to rping with you.

Heaven
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:43 am

Hello! I'm Ryand-Smith1 The Minimod of Futuristic, and I'd just like to say, "Jumps up" Welcome to RPGateway! May you have fun times here!

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpringTimeFox on Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:50 am

*Holds up a cue card, reading it off in a nervous, stuttering voice*
Wel...come...! I hooope you find th..is site to your... liking!

:P

I also like fantasy, I just cant seem to find one that holds my interest for long. On Gaia, they always got out of control with the powers...

I found a lot of roleplays here I like and things move a little slower here than on Gaia. You can leave for a day and not have to read ninety one-liner posts.

Enjoy your stay!
Speak softly and carry a big stick.
That way, when they dont hear you, you can hit them in the knees.

I'm finally back. I'm terribly sorry I was gone so long.
Avatar: My girlfriend and I... Yes I'm showing off <3

SpringTimeFox
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mai on Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:04 am

Welcome to The Role-PlayGateway! If you have any questions after reading The Rules feel free to shoot me a PM! You can PM me with quesions, comments, concerns, or just to chat!

If you like any Role-Plays that have to do with Magic, Swords, Midevial, Etc, definately look in Fantasy. They have all the things your looking for, just join an RP and they'll Welcome you with open arms! Enjoy your stay!
ImageImage

Mai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:15 am

Welcome to our forum! Have a fishy stick!

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:36 am

Welcome Shin!!

I think you'll find you will fit in pretty well here, first due to the the fact that you RP, and second because a majority of RPers seem to be into fantasy stuff. Fantasy is all I used to do until recently. I have found that I have a knack for every genre out there just by trying them all out. It's really fun to step outside the box. :)

I see you've only posted a couple times, and only in this thread. I hope we haven't scared you off already!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get around the forums a little easier or anything. I'm always just a PM away. :)
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shin Maruku on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:19 pm

Wow... so many people. O.O
No, I haven't been scared off... I just had a lot to do the past few days. Things come up, and I'm unable to get online for a while. Heh, but hey, I'm back now. Thanks again for your welcomes! ^^

Shin Maruku
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkBallad939393 on Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:42 am

Welcome to the crazy insanesssness of this site

P.S. Help Bunny Dominate the world! Put him in your signature!!!
(\ /)
( . .)
c(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

GG Crono 4: "Aim for the crotch" is the best slogan ever.
GG Crono 4: For anything.
GG Crono 4: Ever.
GG Crono 4: In fact, existing products would be SO much better if they used that slogan.
GG Crono 4: "Wiffle Ball: Aim For The Crotch!"
GG Crono 4: "Lawn Darts: Aim For The Crotch!"

DarkBallad939393
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!