Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

New

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blended Realities on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:01 am

Just wanted to make a quick post, and say hey, I'm new.
I'm not going to lie, I'm a little confused as to how this site works.
I use to roleplay a lot back in the day on other sites.
So I might be a little rusty.

I'm a little confused on Characters too.
It would be appreciated if someone could clear this up for me.
Thanks a lot to anyone who gives me any help.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blended Realities
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: New

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tristan_cross on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:22 am

Welcome to RPG! I'm Tistan and I'd be help to help the best I can, if I can't help I bet I know someone that can. Feel free to ask me anything. As for characters, you just go to the Role Play you want to make a character at, for example the Multiverse, Then just click on the characters tab and let your imagation run wild... Just make sure you follow the Rules and you'll be fine! Once again welcome to RPG and I how I was able to help and hope to see you again soon!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tristan_cross
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Group Theory Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lodnir on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:06 pm

Hey there Blended Realities, welcome to RPG! Lodnir here to ease your worries and woes!

First off welcome to the site! I'm sure once you get the hang of it you'll find it just as homely as your previous sites (or possibly better since you are here now and not there.)

Now, getting onto the characters system.

Here on RPG, all characters are divided into three large categories depending on where they reside. Theses categories are as follows: The Roleplay Tab, Play-By-Post, and the Multiverse Chat. The Roleplay Tab and the Play-By-Post are further divided into multiple roleplays, each with another user just like you acting as the GM. In both cases you will have to submit a character to the GM and get their approval before you are allowed to roleplay within their RP.

For the Roleplay Tab roleplays, this is done by selecting the "character" tab within the roleplay, then filling out the character application forum located at the bottom of that page, depending on the RP you are signing up for they may have their own preferred format or "character skeleton" to report aspects of your character.

For Play-By-Post roleplays, it varies from each roleplay but in the introductory post it should list whether to post your applicant character directly into the topic itself or an out of character topic, or to PM your character to the GM directly.

Lastly the Multiverse Chat, there is no separate roleplays that exist within the Multiverse, all characters within it are part of the same "storyline". However, there is no active GM who resides over this "storyline". Most often, users break into small groups and independently create their own scenarios from there. As for the character creation process, I am not going to feign having as much knowledge as my Moderator colleague and Head Designer here on RPG, ViceVersus, who has written a extremely detailed guide to chat here, and suggest you use that topic as reference when wanting to create a character in the Multiverse.

I hope I was able to address your questions correctly in this post Blended Realities, if you have any further questions, feel free to PM me or another staff member (users with colored-names, though yellow names aren't staff members) and I'm sure we would be more than happy to guide you through.

Regards,
Lodnir

Lodnir
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blended Realities on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Lodnir wrote:Hey there Blended Realities, welcome to RPG! Lodnir here to ease your worries and woes!

First off welcome to the site! I'm sure once you get the hang of it you'll find it just as homely as your previous sites (or possibly better since you are here now and not there.)

Now, getting onto the characters system.

Here on RPG, all characters are divided into three large categories depending on where they reside. Theses categories are as follows: The Roleplay Tab, Play-By-Post, and the Multiverse Chat. The Roleplay Tab and the Play-By-Post are further divided into multiple roleplays, each with another user just like you acting as the GM. In both cases you will have to submit a character to the GM and get their approval before you are allowed to roleplay within their RP.

For the Roleplay Tab roleplays, this is done by selecting the "character" tab within the roleplay, then filling out the character application forum located at the bottom of that page, depending on the RP you are signing up for they may have their own preferred format or "character skeleton" to report aspects of your character.

For Play-By-Post roleplays, it varies from each roleplay but in the introductory post it should list whether to post your applicant character directly into the topic itself or an out of character topic, or to PM your character to the GM directly.

Lastly the Multiverse Chat, there is no separate roleplays that exist within the Multiverse, all characters within it are part of the same "storyline". However, there is no active GM who resides over this "storyline". Most often, users break into small groups and independently create their own scenarios from there. As for the character creation process, I am not going to feign having as much knowledge as my Moderator colleague and Head Designer here on RPG, ViceVersus, who has written a extremely detailed guide to chat here, and suggest you use that topic as reference when wanting to create a character in the Multiverse.

I hope I was able to address your questions correctly in this post Blended Realities, if you have any further questions, feel free to PM me or another staff member (users with colored-names, though yellow names aren't staff members) and I'm sure we would be more than happy to guide you through.

Regards,
Lodnir

Just wanted to say thanks.
You really help me out.
Thanks Lodnir, really appreciate your help.

Blended Realities
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:30 pm

Hey there, Blended Realities! :D Nice to meet you, and all that jazz. I'm Sato (ViceVersus), the design lead/moderator Lodnir mentioned in his post.

It's nice to have an experienced roleplayer joining our ranks here! RolePlayGateway boasts one of the largest and most active text-based roleplaying communities out there on the web, and we've got all different skill and enthusiasm levels here. For sure, it's a great place to hang out and blow off some creative steam.

Things can be a bit confusing right out the gate, and I'm glad Lodnir stepped in and gave you sort of an overview of how the Character system works. If you've got it worked out, then the best way to learn (in my opinion) is by doing. Don't be afraid to jump right in there with something, for a story or for your own roleplay!

Anyways, let's take a step back. Who are you? What's your history with writing, and what other forums have you joined before our humble website here? What's the history behind your username, that sort of thing?

This information just helps the rest of the community to get to know you a bit more, is all. :D

Hope to hear back from you soon!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:52 am

Greetings and welcome to RolePlayGateway, Blended Realities.

It's always good to see old Rpers return, and I wouldn't worry about being rusty. It'll polish off faster than you expect :) Like riding a bike and all that.

Anyways, Lodnir seems to be on the ball with giving you assistance, so just swinging through to say hello. If you have any further questions, of course please don't hesitate to ask. In the meanwhile, enjoy yourself and good luck!

- Tiko
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!