Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

One Piece: The Three Seas

a part of “One Piece: The Three Seas”, a fictional universe by Baron Fowling.

In a world both strange and familiar, pirates roam the seas, the Imperial Navy enforces justice, and powerful people from far and wide seek treasure and ancient secrets at the "summit of the world"... Dark Blue.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “One Piece: The Three Seas”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi all!

Still constructing the basic framework of the roleplay before we can begin, but if people have ideas for characters, locations, plots or anything similar and want to discuss them here, feel free! Questions are also welcomed!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Author Lifegiver

Re: One Piece: The Three Seas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:25 pm

Oh this is interesting! Never managed to finish One Peice but this looks fun! I might throw my hat in the ring assuming you don’t mind and I can carve out some time in the next few days!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:52 am

No problem! Like I implied earlier to begin with I'd like our adventures to take place in the main sea, Big Blue, which is equivalent to the four Blue seas in One Piece and likewise the first few volumes of the manga or... I don't know how much of the anime. So a fully up-to-date knowledge of the series isn't needed!

I'll post some more stuff like an establishing scene, some characters of my own and more setting information later today.

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:35 am

Awesome! I got to about the part where they went to the cloud people so I should know enough to work my way around! Is there a specific character sheet you want us to use or no? I’ve already got a few character ideas! I’m leaning towards a simple farmboy with exceptional cooking skills who has absolutely no business being on the ocean. This particular guy is also a devil fruit user I know you mentioned being picky and such with the Fruit users tho so if you deny him that’s perfectly fine I’ve got loads of other ideas I could use haha

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phantasms on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:51 pm

I'd also like to say I'm very much interested! It's been a while since an anime roleplay popped up around these parts. Will all the characters be a part of the same crew or are we expected to create our own crews and such?

phantasms
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Excellent questions. Also are we starting out as a crew or is a crew being searched for and gained along the way? Exactly how far into our career of piracy are we starting here?

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:34 pm

That's a good point. So far I'm mostly been focusing on building the world and the metastory, so I'm up for a discussion of how our characters initially meet and relate to each other. One of my first ideas for a character is a bounty hunter rather than a pirate, so perhaps the first chapter could revolve around them arriving on an island in pursuit of a villainous pirate and in the process meeting the other characters.

I like the sound of your character idea to be honest Blue! I'm curious what motivates him to decide to go out and start adventuring on the sea. What kind of Devil Fruit power were you thinking? I forgot to mention this in the main thread, but as this is an alternate universe all the Devil Fruits from the main series are effectively up for grabs... with some exceptions that I have reserved for planned characters. And you're free to come up with your own, of course, as long as it meets my exacting standards. :P

My main character is likely to have a Devil Fruit too, to be honest, so no judgment here.

I'm going to post an example character shortly! And not just any example character... the deceased Pirate King, Barbadorada, also known as Goldbeard.

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:09 pm

I was thinking something plant based. Cause farmer haha. Not quite manipulating plants. But more like becoming a tree. Basically I’m thinking that at the start he’d be able to grow branches from his body from which he could grow basically any plant life. Even if they’re not typically found on trees. Fruit veggies generic vines to whip people with. Venus fly traps you name it. If it grows in the dirt he can probably grow it. I imagine he’d be able to do other stuff too like produce seeds or cover himself in layers of bark. You know stuff like that I know the fruits can be pretty versatile in the way they’re used so he can probably think of other ways to use it too. Tho he won’t be very skilled at first. He probably only used it to provide for his family so I doubt he’ll know all the ins and outs combat wise. What do you think? Or does all that sound too complicated or whatever? I know the fruit powers on the show could be pretty out there so I tried not to come up with anything too cliche or simple lol

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:38 pm

That sounds pretty good! In fact I had a similar idea for the Devil Fruit of one of my Navy Admirals, but I'm happy to pass it over. I called it the Flora Fruit, and it was a Paramecia fruit which basically gave the user the ability to produce plant matter in all its forms (flowers, branches, vines, fruits, bark, thorns, leaves) from their body. Another idea I had was that the power relies on photosynthesis... while it can be used a little at night, doing so quickly wears out the user, whereas under the bright light of the sun they can produce almost limitless vegetation. Sound good to you?

I posted the character sheet for the Pirate King Barbadorada! Whenever anyone gets around to submitting a character, don't feel the need to make it quite as long as that, but of course detail is always appreciated!

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:59 pm

Ah and here I thought I was being unique lol. I was actually thinking of calling it the Branch Branch fruit though. Also I love that idea about photosynthesis. Im gonna have to use that, thanks for telling me and being willing to pass it up!

Also the Pirate King sounds so mysterious and badass can't wait to find out more bout his treasure. I should have my lil farmer boy submitted sometime tomorrow or maybe tonight if I'm really lucky!

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:59 pm

I've not decided on a naming convention for devil fruits in this universe yet... I don't really like the direct translation of the Japanese names. I think maybe just basic two-syllable descriptors for each fruit. Rubber Fruit, Thunder Fruit, Splitting Fruit, Doggy Fruit, etc.

I'm glad you like Barbadorada! Sorry he won't be showing up much in the roleplay :P His crewmates might, though.

I've written a brief piece from the point of view of CP9's Blueno, who discovers that his fruit gives him the power to open doors to different dimensions and thus briefly steps into the world of Big Blue! It doesn't tell you that much about the world, but I enjoyed writing it anyway.

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryLime on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:15 am

Ah, I left off One Piece shortly after meeting the Foxy Pirates. I haven't watched it in a while though so I've forgotten a lot of details. This looks like a fun roleplay though!

I had an idea for a character who was a very respected navy captain, but got tired of all the work he had to do and just the strict rules in general so he basically just ditched the navy and has been actively avoiding crossing paths with them ever since. Probably a very care-free and somewhat reckless type who just goes with the flow (and gets easily flustered around cute girls so he actively avoids them too).

I'm a stickler for detail but I'll try to keep my character profile short. It might be a couple days before I'd be able to submit one though.

I'm also curious as to how the ships/crew thing will work. My character would probably make a great captain but he ditched the whole navy thing for the sake of not dealing with captain duties anymore so he'd probably prefer to just tag along with anyone.

I suppose maybe once there are a few more people interested here, more possibilities for character relations/crew type will open up.

StrawberryLime
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:37 am

That sounds like a fun character! Is he flying totally solo or does he still have his crew of sailors with him?

I did think that people might prefer to play an entire crew of pirates rather than individuals, which would be fine. And probably something I'll end up doing while playing some villainous captains.

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryLime on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:47 am

I'd have him flying solo to start with. He ditched the navy cause he got tired of the responsibility of being a captain and he'd rather do whatever he wants.

He wouldn't be a pirate per say, not right away. He's just wanted by the navy for 'going rogue' and skipping out of his contract job.

He's gunna be the type who goes along with just about anything though so no doubt he'll be easy to get mixed up in everyone else's business~

StrawberryLime
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:50 am

Ah, so a little bit of a deserter, a little bit absent without leave. I think in this world though the Navy are likely to come down heavily on those who leave their service without being discharged, so I think it's likely that he'd have a bounty unless he's only been gone quite a short while.

I'm still considering which character I want to start out with, as I have quite a few planned. One is an ex-navyman, one is a humble drifter, one's a pirate and one's a bounty hunter. But right now I'm leaning towards the first.

Also a brief point for people making characters! Obviously a lot of stuff in the original One Piece is Japanese-styled, but as a non-Japanese person myself this roleplay is likely to show a lot more Western influence. But given that Japan and Europe don't exist in this universe I'll just be using "Eastern" as a shorthand for Japanese-style stuff and "Western" as a shorthand for European-style stuff. So an Eastern sword might be a katana whereas a Western sword would be more likely to be a medieval longsword.

And speaking of swords, similar to the original universe there's a grading system for the higher level swords of renown in the world. These are all old swords made by famous smiths across the three seas. D-Grade swords aren't listed for their fame, but basically refer to any blade of craftsmanship or power that has been earned a name. C-Grade swords are known to collectors and historians and have maybe passed through the hands of a famous warrior at some point. B-Grade swords are seldom seen outside the possession of high-ranking Navy swordsmen or veteran pirates in Dark Blue. And A-Grade swords are famous worldwide, with only a few dozen existing in the world. That Barbadorada owned two says a great deal about his status as a pirate.

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:36 am

Annoyingly I'm trying to post a character sheet right now and the site won't let me because the roleplay has "no places"? I assume it means settings, but there's a few of those, and it didn't say this the last time I added a characters.

Temporarily, here's the sheet.

The Character's Name
Name: (Their birth name)
Alias: (Other names or titles they have gone by)
Affiliation: (To whom are they loyal, if anyone?)
Home: (Where were they born or where do they currently live?)
Family: (Do they have any known relatives?)
Bounty: (How much money will the Navy and Imperial Government pay for their capture?)

Appearance:

(Your character's basic appearance, distinguishing features, usual clothing, etc.)

Personality:

(How does your character seem to others? What matters to them? What motivates them?)

Abilities:

(What abilities and special skills does your character have? Don't necessarily just think of battle, remember that a crew needs more than warriors.)

Devil Fruit: (if applicable)

(If your character has eaten a Devil Fruit, which was it and what powers have they received because of it?)

Current Story:

(What is your character's current situation, how have they arrived there and where are they planning to go next?)

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phantasms on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:20 pm

Yeah..I think that's a glitch. Mildly infuriating since I was trying to get started on my character today.

Also, will haki be a thing in this roleplay or nah?

phantasms
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:16 am

It will be, but again likely not from the beginning. If Dark Blue is this world's version of the Grand Line, then Blacksky is our version of the New World, and outside of that the number of people who know about haki or can use it even a little will be fairly low.

'I've messaged someone about the character thing. In the meantime if anyone wants to discuss their plans I'll be around!

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryLime on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:05 am

Yeah I was gunna submit a character WIP but I got the same problem. It just says that there are no places so I can't add the character which is weird.

But anyway a summary of my character!

His name is Ray Alexander and he comes from a noble family. He has two older brothers who are both Navy Captains, and Ray himself is also a skilled and respected Navy Captain. At least he was until he got bored and deserted his position. I plan to have him leave a bit of a mess when he left so he's definitely in trouble with the Navy now and would very likely have a bounty on him. I just have to go over how currency works in the OP world before I come up with a number.

Ray's a talented swordsmen as well, usually wielding a simple D-Grade blade that he named himself, but also carrying a B-Grade sword that he totally stole from the Navy before he made his exit (adding on to how much trouble he's in with them).

Anything I might need to change?

StrawberryLime
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:22 am

Sounds like he'd make an interesting pairing with my character! Who is also an ex-Navy swordsman but honorably discharged.

The currency of this world is called the Rosa, and it's 1:1 equivalent to the Berry because why not, that's easier. Hence you can estimate bounties based on the characters in the original series... I'd guess a Navy deserter of Captain rank would be looking at more than 30,000,000 at least.

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!