Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Lucifer's Speakeasy: The Back Room

OOC || Lucifer's Speakeasy: The Back Room || Accepting!

a part of “Lucifer's Speakeasy: The Back Room”, a fictional universe by Averagebear.

Bootlegging alcohol should be the last of the police's concerns when the bar is run by the devil himself, the biblical apocalypse is days away, the undead are roaming the streets, and it's still illegal for a woman to move whilst topless. COME ON.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Lucifer's Speakeasy: The Back Room”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: OOC || Lucifer's Speakeasy: The Back Room || Accepting!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nannyhap on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Whoa. Whoa. Whoaaaa.

I suddenly find myself faced with more Hell than I can handle. I love it when that happens! I gave the content a pretty thorough skim (I might have skipped a 'the' or an 'an' here and there but we don't really process those words in our language anymore anyways, right? :'D) and I would definitely like to be in on this ride!

Hmm...

Any chance I would be allowed to bring in the Catty-Bastard-Eventually-Falls-Archangel Remiel into this beautiful pastry of sin and delight? (...err, ignore that last little bit, it's past my bed time.) Doesn't necessarily have to be an actual Archangel if that doesn't fit in with the plan, Stan, but I'm thinking of an Almost-Fought-On-Luci's-Side-Then-Chickened-Out-In-The-War-For-Hog Heaven Remiel.

Ssssooo yep.

Also I want Cassius. Caius Cassius. I know, I know, the bastard probably deserves to be in Hell, what with forcing his bro to stab his other bro, but he thought it was best. Or sommat.

Oh goodness it's late.

I may speak more sense in the morning, in which case I will certainly make another post with more reasonable demands, but in the mean time, you can blame Wudgeous for pointing crazy lil' ol' Nan in your direction. Hopefully that won't be a bad thing, though!
Ask me about metaphysical calamity pudding!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nannyhap
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:52 pm

A HALBERD aw friggin' yes, all the badassery points to you, madam! Yeah, I'm kinda sorta stalking Gabba's wip page. And I see my derpy nickname for her has caught on. Gabba Gabba fish. (And then I googled the word hoping to find something, then was traumatized by a children's show I've never seen before. Yeek.)

srs bidness everywhere, for everyone, all the time, forever n' ever, baby.

ADHD IS GOOD!!!!!!

TEE HEE HEE HEE. So much Hell. All the Hell for Nan. Actually that sounds sort of awful, but you know what I mean.
Nan, meet guys. Guys, meet Nan. She is most certainly not a bad thing. <333
I think that as time passes and more and more people are betraying and manipulating one another, what Cassius did to Caesar won't seem so big a deal anymore. Although I'm happy imagining Cassius with bite mark scars around his waist from being chewed on by Lucifer for a bit, hahahaaa.
ImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:42 pm

SORRY Y'ALL I MADE A MISTAKE WHEN I SAID LUCI'S CREW WAS DEMONS. Slip of the mouth or whatever. They're more of phantoms than anything. Demons are around but I hadn't really given them a major role. When they're on earth, they're never good news, but Luci does use them from time to time. If he has something especially nasty to take care of.

I'LL GET ALL DA INFO OUT SOON I SWEAR UGU.

Okay, so in order to learn about the vampires (how they came about, what their perks are, why they're here) you have to create a character. I've been purposefully vague about the whole thing but I forgot to explain WHY I have been. After character creation, I'll PM you as Luci and you'll have a brief interaction with him as he's asking you for help regarding to the vampires. Each person through these interactions will get their information about the thing and will probably get different views depending on your character (Luci is big on manipulation).

We could also have a live chat pad before the beginning where the characters are sorta drilling Luci as a group (LOL) asking about demons, phantoms, the undead, etc. Anything that your character might be confused about. Some of these people have been around for hundreds of years while others were only introduced to this world very recently.

HERE'S A RECAP ON THE DIFFERENT MONSTERS TO TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION.

Phantoms:
-they can be solid if they want but it's more natural for them to be semi translucent
-they can walk through walls
-they can become invisible
-they have telekinetic powers

Vampires:
-they are brand new - all of them under a year
-there's about ten total and they all congregate at a separate blind-tiger that Luci visits a lot (how he was able to keep it a secret from all his The Back Room friends)
-they have fangs but no claws - their nails are actually very brittle. they're almost always hungry since they're so young.
-their style of killing depends on the personality of the vamp. some of them might rip the victim to pieces while others may be humane. any way to consume the blood
-only 1 in 1000 of these necromantic-experiments turn into a vampire. all the others were failures that Luci readily took care of yet the undead still roam the street and he's not sure why
-their habits are greatly unknown because they're so new
-stereotypical vampiric junk that doesn't apply to them:
>garlic, reflections,
-things that do:
>holy water, crosses, sunlight

Demons:
-they're different from the others because they are completely unrelated to humans, as in they didn't start off as humans
-they are the fallen angels - those who sided with Luci
-Humans can't originally see them. They act as poltergeists, moving stuff around but staying invisible until the human believes they exist.
-They initiate contact via dreams, terrorizing them.
-As the human becomes more fearful, demons gain more power since their grip on reality is loosening
-Eventually, they gain enough momentum to physically manifest and hurt the humans
-At this point, it is virtually impossible to stop the demon from ripping the human apart.
-It used to be easier to scare in the old days when superstition raged higher but now that it's easier to blame on coincidence, their job is harder and it takes a more powerful demon to really do his/her job
-They look crazy (fangs, teeth, horns, etc, etc)

I have more on the zombies and archangels and toher things but I figure this is enough to give y'all a heads up

Buns, DAT SKETCH DOE. IT'S LOVELY.

Wudge's discovery LOLOLOLOL AHAHA I LOVE IT.

Gabba is GLORIOUS, KURO. Absolutely glorious. I love her (and your ADHD side is terribly endearing, mind you)

Nanny, I was just looking at your roleplay and contemplating joining! :O I'd be fine with adding Remiel! I was contemplating having all seven of the archangels before but then thought it might be best to minimize - still, it was a strained restriction on my part. Cassius too. I'M REALLY EXCITED FOR EITHER OF THESE AND I'M REALLY GLAD TO HAVE YOU ON BOARD EVEN THOUGH WE'VE NEVER SPOKEN BEFORE.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:55 pm

SORRY Y'ALL I MADE A MISTAKE WHEN I SAID LUCI'S CREW WAS DEMONS.

But. But. Demon Andrew Jacksonnnnnn. 8'(((

where the characters are sorta drilling Luci as a group

Does ^this^ include the archangels?
Because. That would be hilarious. Gab waving her arm spastically like "OOH OOH OOH" whenever she has a question being among the lulz.

So those phantoms are basically poltergeists, and therefore..... all hauntings ever are Lucifer's fault. Tut tut.
Oh wait, reading on, demons get specific poltergeist mention. ...... Still all Lucifer's fault.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:11 am

DAMNATION, no demon Andrew Jackson? DDDDDDD:

And if there're poltergeists, you know I want in on this shit.

Oh yeah, and I think I will actually make Tesla, just to see what will happen.
From the depths, I return!

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:38 pm

YES. TESLA. DO IT. (^_^)

He will be Gabba's favorite, because she loves inventive types.

If that's a disincentive, forget I said it.

Also, I just remembered that I really need to post in G&S. Yonny, what would Fallon do if Snow volunteered to read/write for him? 'Cause, y'know, it's illogical to let him sit there and not know what to do and stuff.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:37 pm

It's incentive. Just as long as Wudge doesn't start shipping all up in here, considering how creepy 70-plus-year-old TeslaxGabby would be...

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:34 pm

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT TESLAxGABBY IS MY OTP

You mean creepy on Gabba's part right? She's totally older than 70, ahahahahaaa

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:18 pm

I realize that, but at least she's young and attractive! Tesla is all old and wrinkly and creepy.

Also, WHY IS IT THAT ALL OF YOUR OTPS INVOLVE ME SOMEHOW? Not that I mind being admired. :P

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm an awful chronic double poster, hit me. CY SAVED ME FROM BEING SMACKED AW YESSSS

She still manages to answer more than Michael, the elitist doofus.

HEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NOWWWW....Don't say that in front of him, he'll look so sad. u_u You will feel like the worst person in the world, Gabba, yes you will.

All my OTPs involve you because. You want us to roll up to be a single star in the sky. That's exactly it.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Yep, totally gonna roll up and be a star. Just like a Katamari. I fuckin' love that game, by the way.

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Katamari's the one where you roll around collecting random stuff, right?

And it's an entirely-affectionate use of "doofus," Wudge. She means it in much the same way as some people do when they call someone silly. (^_^)

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:08 pm

YES, YOU ROLL. Everything. Roll everything. With passion and love and giant kings wearing tights who demean you whenever possible. It's one of my favorite games ever and you must try it and look forward to it! c':
Except for the levels with the bears and cows, because those are evil.
Cy. Cy. Hey, Cy. Tell me your biggest cow/bear size. I only got mediums for both, and the cow was that friggin' guy in a suit. HNNNNNN

Oh boy do I know, since I do it all the time, but Mike. Mike. Mike............ "But that is untrue, Gabriel...! God says I'm smart :("
.... Gosh I hope he at least understands similies and metaphors. I'm not sure yet. Egads. 8(

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:18 pm

Oh my. Gabba's adorable. Tee-hee. I'm pretty sure she and Raph they'll both bother Michael for different reasons. Oh, Michael. Y U SO SERIOUS? He's definitely going to be a pillar out of the Archangels, plucking them out of trouble (Well, maybe not Gabba, because I've got an inkling that she'll be able to talk her way out of anything) whenever they get too outta' hand.

ANDYARDO. Fuu fuuuuu~ That's totally him, too. With that sad-eyed expression. If you could see his eyes.

ADHD!Kurokiku. Adorable, no? Oh man. Katamari Damacy was my favourite game of all time. It's musical score was so catchy. So damn catchy. Aren't they making a new game? I forget what console it's being released on but do want, do want, do want. CYPHEEEEERRRRRR.

My RPGateway OTP's are really, really, really weird.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:48 pm

My internet browsers are dropping like flies whenever I try to type in them. :T Wtfffffffffffff--
Katamariiii issss out for the 360, and I believe there's another one very recently gonna be out for the PS3? Or it's already out, haha. I've mostly stuck to the first and second (for PS2) though, because I'm a loserrr. u_u

...... You guys are trying really, really hard to give Michael his very first migraine, huh...... We'll put it in the diary when it happens. How exciting! Your guys, in turn, are going to need to hold Michael by the arms when he starts trying to whack people with a table. Even... though it's so rare for him to get that angry without a good reason. Hahahhaa. I can just see one of the angels bleeding, and Mike's mad about it and gonna do something, and they're still all "NO MICHAEL NOOOO! MICHAEL NO SMITING! MICHAEL NO SMITING! MICHAEL NO SMITING!" "Aww mann. -finger snap-"
When I write his name in caps I think of the art store and can't take him seriously.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Double post because REEEEEMIIIIEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL <333333 Aieee. He has like, one quote, but I love it love it. So indignantly lovely.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nannyhap on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:55 pm

Teeeee thank you! I'm having a little bit of a harder time putting him together than I'd initially thought--I'm so used to playing demons right now that making an angel, even an angel as catty and obnoxious as Remiel, is something of a challenge for me. I was actually about to make a post about how I'd nearly excited myself out of the ability to make a character, and needed to do some zenning out to continue.

Perhaps I've excited myself all the way back 'round to ability now!

I might snerch a couple of format ideas from you, Wudge, if that's alright. First and foremost, I love that your characters come with playlists! Aaaaaaaand also, the "character-quotes-in-different-colors" thing is really handy.

...I think when I'm finished with this sheet, I might try to sketch up something ridiculous and cute to go with "MICHAEL NO SMITING! MICHAEL NO SMITING!" Because that needs to be framed and cherished forever.

Nannyhap
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:17 pm

Snerch ahahaha I'M SORRY you keep using funny words. xD <3 Go for it! Snerch away...! I steal formatting things from people allll the time.
Man, I had a hard time with Mike at first, too--took some days just to define to myself how to make such a ridiculously idealized character still sort of relatable and not "DOHOHO LOOK AT ME, I'M MICHAEL." But it's been fun!

Ah, I still need to format that playlist... Agh...! It's gonna bother me until I do it so I'm gonna go do it.
But not until I spazz a little about PICTURE TO BE FRAMED AND CHERISHED FOREVER! Ah, yes Average, you're going to have to make another one of those goofy threads for us.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:32 pm

HO SNAP.

Nanny-cakes. Gee, I'm not normally this rude and unobservant. So, hey there! I love me some Remiel already. You guys are so far ahead of me, I'm still trying to get a decent image of Raphael in my head. If that silly thread is made, it'll be filled with inappropriate Yoni GIFS making ya'll delighted and uncomfortable. Filled. And we need a writer thingy-ma-jigger.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:34 pm

A....Ah....... Pomosexual, for a moment, looked like Pornosexual. Goddamned font spacing scared me. (Then I looked it up and realized it described myself. That's scarier.) Anyway, psssffff, you have enough gushing from me to last a lifetime, Yons, you don't need more. Okay just a little bit more: EEEEEEEEEE Raph's little quote about love. It might make even Michael blush. Or rather, clear his throat and stiffen at the shoulders, because that's the manly Mike way of blushing.

And Nan, for the record, Mike's not just being civil to Rem because Rem's a kiss-abeen taking his side. xD If anything, that sort of weirds Mike out and sometimes makes him doubt his own argument ahahahhahaha. It's(, I imagine,) the boyish, sidekick-y enthusiasm and willingness to listen and follow. It's endearing; even Mr. Never Forgive You Ever can't resist.
I was really disappointed I couldn't find anyway to write that in Mike's profile without sounding..... like a shifty priest talking about an altar boy....

I feel like a dork for posting my spazzings about profiles here every time there's the teeniest update but I CANNAE HELP IT. Feel loved and adored.

By the way. Mufasa got such a reaction from me, it's ridiculous. Dear lordy it's so awkward and hilarious and awful that I can only be giddy about it.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!