Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Orphaned. (IC)

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: Orphaned. (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pomona on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:00 am

Paul watched the flurry of activity in the dining hall with a passive expression, chewing down his food in a methodical fashion. Spearing a triangle of pancake on his fork and used it to swab up the remaining maple syrup chewing it quickly a last slice of bacon following it into the seemingly black hole of Paul's stomach. Picking up his tray with the mostly empty plate, glass, and mug Paul brought it to the end of the line and shoved it onto the conveyor belt that brought the trays to the dishwashers.

Eh, what the hell am I going to do for class today? Gotta stop half assing this. Brushing his palms together to dust them off, Paul left the dining hall and began wandering towards the gymnasium. It was the little ones for the first period, so something nice and light. With all the fights last year... Maybe some self defense moves. So many of the kids were so angry, rightfully so most of the time, and full of unnatural energy that fights were pretty natural, but maybe this group could curb their impulses while defending themselves. Nodding his head, Paul rubbed a hand over his shaved down hair. That could work.

~~~

"That would actually be wonderful, Zach. I brought in a box of supplies this morning I need to unpack." Smiling at him for a moment, Grace let her hand snake out and lightly pat the back of his. "Why are you running night patrol? Are the boys giving you trouble?" Crossing her arms in front of her chest as they walked towards her office, a frown settled onto her face. It would probably be a good idea to run down the list of potential trouble makers together, then try to figure out what was to be done with them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pomona
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:30 am

Matthew grimaced as one of the girls came rushing in, picking him up with apparent ease.
"Someone," he paused, exhaling slowly, "tampered with my powers."
His voice was pained, and it was obvious that he was in a lot of pain. "My foot solidified and caught on something," he couldn't remember what, "I think it's broken."
He remained as motionless as possible, and tried to think clearly through the veil of pain that covered his mind.
noot noot

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaoticsunrise on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:07 am

Zach smiled, reaching the Nursing office he opened the door for Grace and let her walk in, propping the door open behind her. "Alright Gracey.." he said softly, rubbing his hands together "Sir Zach, at your service" he sent her a charming smile and then paused, thinking about her night duty question. "And, about night duty.. It's not so much they're giving trouble. Just wanting to make sure everyone's safe, you know.." He didn't want to reveal his shifted form so he stopped there, looking around the office at the empty beds that hopefully stayed that way...

-------
Annezzy came around the corner with Matthew in her arms still "How did they tamper with your powers?!" he mind was getting foggy, thinking that someone intentionally did something like this "Was it on purpose?" he tone was cold and disapproving, but then it softened "Or on accident? Who did it so I can tell the nurse when we get there and instead of focusing on gettin' you to talk to she can focus on fixing your leg..."
She was relieved when she saw that the nurses door was open and she hurried in, setting him on one of the beds "Nurse!" she spoke quickly, disregarding the other man in the room "This boy needs you. Now!"
♥UCTigerette♥
♥ImagineThat!♥
♥RaeRaeButterfly♥
♥Music♥
♥Lavender♥
♥Aika♥
♥Nezzera♥
♥Ariki♥
♥Adrianna♥
♥Tæfarós♥
Forces unseen p u l l i n g strings in your heart
Everyone wants to feel safe in the dark.

♥OriginalSix♥

ClickHereIfYouWannaGiveMeLove;;

chaoticsunrise
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:55 am

Matthew shook his head, "I think it was from," he paused inhaling slowly, "coming in flesh contact with someone after all these years. My emotions control my powers. It might have been from annoyance or anger at standing up to bully," his sentences were short now, and as she set him on the bed he winced, mustering his strength to separate the molecules of his foot yet again, managing to move it into a more comfortable position without it hurting so much as before. He managed to push himself into a sitting position against the wall, examining his foot as he slowly allowed it to materialize, using what endurance he could.
"I think it's fractured," he mumbled, his foot suddenly snapping back into focus, he leaned back against the wall.
It wasn't the first time this had happened, though it wasn't like it happened to him every day. He had been merely a child when it last happened, and he winced at the memory.

"Come on, Jailee!" A young Matthew called, laughing as he ran down the hall. It was obvious he was going to be leaving the Nursery soon, but not yet.
A girl of maybe three giggled as she stumbled after him. "I'm coming, Mafu!" She called back.
They had been great friends, and Jailee was a quick learner. Matthew had taught her to speak as intelligently as he could at the time, and she learned quickly.

Matthew smiled slightly as he remembered her nickname for him, Mafu.

"Jay," Matthew complained, "you know how to come down the stairs!"
"I'm afraid," the young girl admitted shyly.
Matthew nodded and clambered up the stairs, grabbing Jailee's wrist when he reached the top. His fingers tingled at the contact, and he was swarmed with emotions. Their molecules separated and they drifted down the stairs and through a window. Halfway through they solidified. Jailee halfway on the inside and half on the outside. Matthew watched horrified as his best friend died in front of him. Because of him.
After five minutes of crying, the four year old sniffled and fell asleep in the icy yard.

"Jailee," Matthew murmured, staring blankly down at the hand he had held hers with for the last time.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pomona on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:59 pm

Turning from Zach at the sharp voice calling for her, Grace stared for a moment at the girl carrying a much larger boy in. His face was pale and spoke clearly of pain. Starting the school year with a bang, apparently. Pulling a pair of latex gloves from a box, Grace knelt down next to the bed and Matthew's foot.

"Thank you for bringing him here, uh..Annezzy?" Grace reached out to slowly roll his pant leg up a few inches, then untying his shoe. "This will hurt, Matthew, but suck it up. Socks and shoes have to come off before your foot and ankle swell up anymore." Frowning to herself Grace pulled his shoe laces as loose as they could go before speaking again. "Deep breath now, no thrashing about please."

Taking the shoe in both hands the nurse pulled it down to free it from the ankle, then at an upward angle to free it from the toes. Matthew's guess was quite right, the angry bulge on the side of his ankle displaying a simple fracture. At least there wouldn't be much need of a hospital. "Matt, would you rather go to the hospital and have this set while having some IV pain medication, or do it here? Either way will hurt like hell, but the hospital will be better able to address the pain."

Pomona
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaoticsunrise on Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:03 am

Annezzy nodded at the woman slightly, walking over to the side of the bed where Matthew lay, taking one of his hands, trying to be soothing "Don't focus on the pain..." she whispered softly "Focus.." she paused, not knowing what to say after that "Erm...focus of my voice.. I'll talk to you.." she said quickly in a melodic voice, hoping to help.
Glancing at the clock, she saw that class was going to be starting any moment, but wouldn't go until the nurse or Zach made her go...

---------
Zach's eyes widened as Annezzy came running in with Matthew in her arms "What happened Nezz!" he said frantically, but she ignored him, holding the boy's hand faithfully and cooing to him in her sweet angelic voice. "G-Grace..." he stammered, biting his lip "Do you need anything? Pain medication, a splint?" he didn't know much about medicine, but he hoped he could be a help and not just be in her way.

chaoticsunrise
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:51 am

"I'm not going anywhere. The hospital would want to know what happened, and I have no plans on being the idiotic kid that introduced the world to magic powers," Matthew gritted his teeth against the pain, "so just fix it here."
"It's okay. Annezzy?" He asked, making sure that was her name.
He turned his head to look at the clock, "Great, first day of school and I'm going to be late for class," he managed to laugh.
He glanced toward the window, one exactly like the one that had been replaced years ago because they couldn't get the smell of death to leave it, and it was driving some of the orphanage residents crazy. Jay's smiling face flashed through his mind and he sighed, "Sorry, Jay," he spoke too low for anyone to hear, his lips barely moving.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pomona on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:32 am

Grace's stomach churned when Matthew refused hospital care, though it had been a bit of a given. Most kids opted out of traditional medical care for worry of exposure. Rubbing a shaky hand over her mouth and chin she popped up to her feet quickly. "Zach, Annezzy, I'm going to have to ask you guys to hold him if he starts squirming."

Taking the large key chain from her pocket Grace opened the double locked medicine cabinet. She had a doctor and pharmacist friend from college that knew about other species, the pharmacist herself was a Bender, that kept the school in good supply of commonly needed medication. Pulling out the over sized bottle of Vicodin 10-500 Grace opened it, shook out an oblong blue tablet. Filling a paper cup with water from the sink she brought both over to Matthew. "I might as well give you baby aspirin for all the good this will do. But it's the best we have. Last chance for the hospital..."

Handing him the pill and the cup she went to gather up packets of cotton and cast wrappings, a large bowl of water to dip the wraps in before applying. It all cluttered up a moving metal tray that she shoved over towards the bed Matt rested on, waiting for him to have a sudden blast of common sense and ask to go to the hospital.

Pomona
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaoticsunrise on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:06 am

Nezz smiled at Matthew and held his hand tightly, glancing at both Zach and Grace worriedly. Her caring nature was kicking in as she saw the look on the boys face. He was trying to hide the pain he was feeling... and then he said something softly. "What..?" she said, mostly annoyed she had been thinking about too many other things to comprehend the word.
----

Zach nodded at Grace's words and caught Annezzy's worried glance, his eyes softening sympathetically. Standing next to Matthew's bed, he bit his lip softly. He was getting anxious and ancy. He wanted to go and run around as a little gecko that didn't have the worry of this boy's safety. He took in a deep breath, and stepped closer, ready to do as Grace said.

((Wow, sorry... I fail. D:< Writers block...))

chaoticsunrise
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redguard on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:45 pm

under surveillance of 6 police agents, Jess is brought in the orphanage. one of the agents talks to one of the staff members, while Jess sits down on the nearby couch. She looks around. "hmpf, what a pity full place is this...", she whispered, while she checks out the timetable she just got handed out. She looks down the hall, no-one there, "too bad", she thinks, "but whatever, it's not like there could be a single nice person in this cursed place. Lets just explore this place, before those cops bore me to death." In a split second , she jumped up from the couch, and in midair, she changed in a black cat, and before one of the cops could react, she runs off into one of the hallways. Finally, she ran into a group of people. "blegh, this looks like a hospital of some sort.." Shocked by the sight of the pill she knows so good. The catwoman, who took care of the stray cats downtown, had taken a ton of those pills, killing herself when she heard she would be locked up in a sanctuary. In a flash, she jumps on the nearby table, and leaps to the hand holding the blue pill. With her claws, she swings for the pill, throwing it on the ground. At that moment she realizes she has been seen now, and that she was in the corner of the room, stuck between the cabinet and the table.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours

Redguard
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:06 am

Kees managed to pass by the obstacles in his way and settle at the table. He was annoyed that the two older girls left as soon as he sat down and passed the princess her breakfast, but didn't say anything and started his own food. Whatever, they're just girls. Besides the less people the better. He glanced up from his plate when heard a whispered hello. His mouth was full at the time, so he simply acknowledged it with a nod. Once he swallowed he quietly said hello back and introduced himself to the only other girl left at the table. It seemed the boy with wings didn't like to talk either, so it was up to him and Mariah to make conversation. He was not pleased, but what choice did he have? "My name's Kylen Kees, and this little girl is Mariah."

Said little girl interrupted, "I Printets."

"Princess Mariah," Kees corrected himself and winked at Mariah. "I just moved in a couple months ago, but haven't really met anyone yet." He looked to the girl and raised his voice slightly to include the boy with wings in the conversation. He knew his words sounded forced, but since he never planned or even wanted to be adopted he might as well get to know people.

A lot was happening in the hall and next door, and it worried Alyssa. Besides the now-familiar twitching in her gut that marked trouble started up. She stepped outside a moment and saw the redheaded Annezzy carrying Matthew who in one of his rare times of showing himself clenched his teeth in pain. Now that school started he couldn't hide in the shadows as much anymore. Grace left the door open, probably because the situation only gave time to react, and the room looked a bit crowded, so she didn't interfere. By the corner of a cabinet near said door she saw a black cat crouched. "Come here, kitty," She whispered in the gentle tone she used when the little ones woke up with nightmares. "shwishwiswi" From experience, she knew cats usually respond to that sound, even if she didn't know why. If and when the cat was out, she would quietly close the door and return to the nursery.
Last edited by FyreT1ger on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:16 am

The boy seemed polite, at least to Anya. He had introduced himself first, so now Anya must return the favor. "I'm Anya Brown. I've lived here just about as long as I can remember. It's nice to meet you, Kylan. And you too, Princess." Anya smiled, again rather shyly, but also stronger than she had before. The loudness of his voice seemed to signal his words where not for just her, so she looked around the table. For the first time, she noticed the man with wings. She should have definitely noticed him before. However, she turned back to Kaylan. "I'm 9. How old are you two?"
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Light_of_the_Fallen on Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:38 pm

"It seems this will be an interesting year," Holmes remarked as he sat in his classroom. He hadn't felt like getting breakfast that morning, his stomach too full of butterflies that he didn't have any room for food. In the morning, the thought of teaching always made him a little excited since he loved to watch the students' bright eyes pay close attention to knowledge that might one day be useful to them. He always used it. Then again he was a teacher so he had to. Besides, he always had an energy bar in his pocket in case he irrationally did something like skip breakfast. Its an essential part of the day,he thought with a smirk.
The classroom wall was packed with posters he had bought himself of famous scientists, examples and explanations of their work, and of course the essential periodic table. The front half of the classroom contained the teacher's desk and the students as well. They were all regular desks seen on most campuses; they had light brown surfaces and metal bars, the chairs blue and uncomfortable. Behind the teacher's long black desk, was a dry erase board that took the span of the wall. It was covered in small, neat writing, detailing the day's agenda any any points he would cover in class. The back half had a few tables where labs would take place. Cabinets lined the sides, only about half full with the necessary equipment that was always kept in shape as much as possible. It was a small classroom, but it was a place to work and learn nevertheless. Besides a small class, he had, and it was easier to keep an eye on everything.
Holmes sat at the teacher's desk, listening to the commotion, his powers lending enough to listen faintly. Even then, he wasn't sure but there was a feeling in his gut that told him so. Instinct was always something he valued, and his was rarely wrong when combined with a bit of reasoning and conscience. And when it was wrong, well it wasn't pretty. His childhood was proof of that.
He reviewed his notes and lecture pointers with a smile.

Light_of_the_Fallen
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:50 am

"Anya..." Kees breathed. "That's a beautiful name. Nice to meet you, Anya." He returned to his pancakes to sort out his thoughts as something about her reminded him of the past.

She asked how old he was. Even though he didn't answer right away, Mariah took the introductions as license to chatter about anything on her mind. He smiled to himself. Maybe he didn't make a mistake. "I thith many." She held up four of her eggy fingers. She knows how to use a fork but usually prefers not to. "And KyKy big boy, lots more old den me." Kees turned his face from the girls a minute and ruffled his hair. A scream from the kitchen noted he lost control again. He hissed under his breath. Great, just great! Who did I kill this time?

"How many ith nine or twelve?" The princess looked over the two older kids on either side of her. "KyKy why hid?" It didn't seem that he heard her since he was concentrating on reining himself back in. "KyKy!" She reached around and grabbed his shoulder. "Not answer me or Yana. Not answer ith mean." He spun around with a growl and Mariah cringed away, her pretty blue eyes shining with tears. Those tears shocked him out of himself. Did he look like the bullies from his old school right now?

"I'm so sorry. Please don't be scared. Something bad happened that makes me mad, but it has nothing to do with you, any of you. I'm really sorry." How can I stay here? I can't even keep from scaring sweet little kids like Mariah.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redguard on Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:18 am

The cat sitting in the corner did not move. Hmpf, like I would be so stupid to fall for that "here kitty kitty" talk of her. But still, there is something odd about this girl, she didn't look like someone who would hurt an animal. Let's just stay indifferent for now, she thought, while she settled down in the corner of the room, licking her paw, which got hurt in her leap for the hand of the boy. Damn-it, clumsy me. Been too long since I changed to my catform. Bloody cops. Always keeping an eye on her, locking her up in a isolation cell.

She checked the room, too bad, no way out except for that one door. I guess I have no options left then to stay here and wait for those bloody cops to leave the building.

Redguard
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:51 pm

Miss Alyssa chuckled quietly behind her hand as she watched the cat. Then she knelt down closer to said cat's level and asked just as gently as before, "Do you really want to stay here where sharp objects could fall on you or a person could step on your tail? Next door there aren't any sharp objects and a fence around people who may hurt you, or you could sleep on that soft bed just down the hall with the big bay window and a window seat to soak up sunshine. It's really up to you." After her speech she stood again, dusted off her dress and walked out of sight.

Kees couldn't look at the people around him after his outburst, but he still had to make sure Mariah got back to the nursery. He left his half-eaten pancakes on the conveyor belt and remembered a bowl of dry granola for Miss Lyssa and a small carton of milk for her to pour in it if she wished. He paused a minute to glance beyond the conveyor into the kitchen, because even though he didn't want to know, it would be wrong not to see if he could help. Besides he heard heavy footfalls outside the room, that could be either some big guys playing around, or cops and military personnel. Sometimes he wasn't sure if he was more afraid of the cops or his powers. He wasn't always afraid but a lot happened since then.

The boy took a deep breath and scanned what he could see of the kitchen. None of the cooks appeared to be injured, and he was sure he saw the same number as when he walked in, so it didn't look like anyone died this time. He exhaled his anxiety, but didn't understand it. He knew he heard a scream. Now he saw one of the stoves was blackened more than the others. So all he did was mess up a stove; stoves can be replaced but people can't. Reluctantly, he turned away from the kitchen and back to his table. Now he had to face a scared and probably ticked off little kid. She'll never see him the same way again. When he sat down again, Mariah was quietly picking at her eggs with a fork this time. He handed her a napkin, but she turned away from him with a huff. He expected it, but that didn't mean he liked it. "I said I was sorry. What else can I do?" She didn't answer and he brooded.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXJunebugXx on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:58 pm

Juneau took the stairs two at a time, bobbing her head a little as she blasted her Ipod on max volume. The staff was always telling her to turn it down..they said it would "kill her ear drums." Whatever.
Once she got to the base of the stairs, she shoved her hands in her pockets, letting her shoulders droop, eyes lowered to the ground.
Apparently she'd missed whatever meal had previously been served, because the cafeteria workers were clearing off the majority dirty dishes, and wiping down the tables.
She wasn't hungry anyways- a recent nightmare had swept away any appetite. She hadn't been able to have a decent sleep in what seemed like years.
Wiping the sleep out of her tired eyes, she casted a quick glance around her, wondering where everyone was at.

xXJunebugXx
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!