Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Out of the Books {ooc}

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Out of the Books {ooc}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Whatsername on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:46 pm

Out of the Books
{the ooc}

Characters are meant for the pages of books. Authors create them and print them for us to read about and get to know, but what if we really could get to know them? What if they actually came to life?

It's Christmas morning and that wish has just came true. A group of characters from books wake up in a Manhattan library to find that they no longer live on the old pages of books. They are real, breathing and moving people. Now, it is up to these characters to decide if they will try to return to their book, or if they will adapt to society. Adapting to society may be hard, especially when a small group of people who were in the library before it opened wittnessed these people randomly appear in the rows of books.

Here are the rules,

To join, you must be a literate roleplayer. I will require atleast two-hundred to three-hundred words per post, so if you can't reach that then don't waste your time. Please try your best to use proper grammar and spelling. If I accept you, please remember to post on the IC. I would rather not have everyone quit once the IC is posted, or two weeks into it. Also, please keep your characters original. We do not need ten people playing Japanese warriors, or ten people playing Edward Cullen. No characters may have supernatural powers in this roleplay.

Code: Select all
Name:
Orientation:
Book:
Personality:
Background:
Appearance:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Whatsername
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Out of the Books {ooc}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StarStruck on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:54 pm

Can we be a human instead of a character? Like, someone who wittnessed the random appearances of these characters?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StarStruck
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:56 pm

This is a good idea! I have a question though, do we make up our own book characters or use candid ones? Cause you said "be original", but I was wondering since the characters would already have personalities and backgrounds and such...
"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." Larry Lorenzoni

my photography blog

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Perilute on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:02 pm

I like this idea too, but I have the same question as Lavender. Are we talking about characters from books already written in real life? Or characters from books of our own devising?

Perilute
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ultimate523 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:06 pm

This seems like an interesting idea, I might join.
"You can have everything in life that you want if you just give enough other people what they want."
Zig Ziglar

ultimate523
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:11 pm

a very interesting idea, but i'm afraid i can't reach that wold count.

i'll learn by looking though.
Injuries of the heart is the hardest to heal, for it actually takes time and will to embrace the pain, and be affected by it.

zewei
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rêve on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:11 pm

I said I was interested, I'll have my character up soon.

Name: Noni Otis
Orientation: Straight
Book: The Sinner by Tess Gerritsen
Personality:
Background:
Appearance:

I'll add the rest later. I'll probably end up making some things up. Noni's a minor character, but she really fascinates me.
Last edited by Rêve on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
la maison de mon rêve
Glee - Needs Roleplayers

Rêve
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Whatsername on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:12 pm

I apologize for not stating the answers to these questions in the rules. I'll edit that in now.

-You use characters from existing books. When I said to be original, I meant that we don't need more than one of the same or similar characters.

-You can be a human who sees the characters coming to this world.

Whatsername
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:44 pm

Okay, thank you. And one more question... do they have to be modern-day characters? Or can they range in their era?

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Whatsername on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:49 pm

They can belong to any book from any time period. Make sure to include stuff about them in the background so we all can understand the character though.

Whatsername
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirai-chan on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:04 pm

Hope this proves to be okay.

Name: Elizabeth Bennet 
Book: Pride and Prejudice 
Personality: A rather intelligent girl with a lively, playful disposition. She often presents a playful good natured impertinence that doesn't offend. She is personally proud of her mental quickness and acuity in judging the social behaviour and the intentions of others. When it comes to her mother and younger sisters behaviours she is often upset and embarresed by it. She is considered a beauty and charming young woman with fine eyes.      
Background: Elizabet is the second eldest of the Bennet family, a Familly that lives on Longbourn Manor, near Meryton in Hertfordshire, England. She is her fathers favorite daughter because she seems to have a quicker mind than her sisters. Her mother on the other hand likes her the least because she is quick witted and sarcastic and also refused to marry her cousin Mr. Collins In her book she falls for the seemingly proud and cold Mr. Darcy. At first she completely despised him, but then soon saw that underneath his outside appearence he was very different.   
Appearance: Image
BTF Fanatic Girls: Angel(Craig)~Kirai(Mike)~Puppy(Matt) <333
ImageImage

Kirai-chan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:15 pm

Oh dang... I was just working up a character sheet for Emma from Jane Austen's book. Guess I'll have to change it. =/

Lavender
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirai-chan on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:25 pm

You can still do Emma can't you Lavender? I mean it is the same author, but it's a different book and different character from mine.

Kirai-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:26 pm

I mean, I just don't want it to be overpopulated with that Jane Austen kinda feel. Lol, it's fine, I can try another character. Hmmm....now time to think.

Lavender
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Whatsername on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:55 pm

Lavender, if you want to do that character then go for it =D.

Kirai-Chan, I don't understand the sentences that say, "Her mother on the other hand likes her the least because she is quick witted and sarcastic and also refused to marry her cousin Mr. Collins In her book she falls for the seemingly proud and cold Mr. Darcy. At first she completely despised him, but then soon saw that underneath his outside appearence he was very different."

Can you explain it?

Whatsername
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirai-chan on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:49 pm

Dang it! I see I made some mistakes. I'm sorry, I wrote this when I was very tired. There should be a period after Collins and a comma after mother and hand. Bassically what I meant by that is that is her mother isn't fond of her because she doesn't act properly and she dislikes her even more when she turns down Mr.Collin's marrige proposal. Also with the Mr.Darcy thing in the book she judged him quickly and thought of him as proud and conceited, but later on finds out why he's like that and falls in love with him. I hope that explains it.

Kirai-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writer on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:54 pm

Reserve me a spot, please!

Writer
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Desire on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:54 pm

Now, can they be supernatural characters, so long as they don't have supernatural abilities? For instance, I'd want to play Puck from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
I twisted you over and under to take you
The coals went so wild as they swallowed the rest
I twisted you under and under to break you
I just couldn't breathe with your throne on my chest

Desire
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:04 am

So, I have two ideas in mind:

Emma from Emma
& Annie Braddock, or Nanny from The Nanny Diaries.

But I caaan't decide for the life of me, haha.

Lavender
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SexyBabe16 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:50 am

Name: Dorothy Gale
Book: The Wizard of OZ
Personality: Dorothy is a sweet girl who is quite sensetive towards humans and animals. Dorothy is a creative person and often sings when she doesn't realise. Dorothy will do anything for her friends or family. Dorothy doesn't like to leave Aunt Em for too long and will do anything to get back to her. Don't mess with her friends or family, or you will have her in your face.
Background: Dorothy was raised on a farm in Kansas.Her Aunt Em was always strict about staying on the farm and being respectful.When she was younger she diddn't realise what she meant but now she does. Dorothy loves to spend time with the animals but has had bad experinces with them. She fell in the pig pen on day! Dorothy loved meeting the Scarecrow and others but hated leaving OZ.She knew she had to return to Kansas, but it was very tearfull.
Appearance: http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-me ... 5B80EF.jpg
Today Was A Fairytale ~ By Taylor Swift. Is the song I strive on. I strive on different songs but at the moment and for a while it will be my sole strength... Up & Above xxxx

SexyBabe16
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!