Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Outkasts

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Outkasts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gilan on Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:45 pm

Tarith sat silently in the chair. Staring at the door. He saw a light through the window and knew that his man was coming. He sat, the words of the ancient powers running through his mind. He was pretty sure that the man was drunk, the way the light bobbed and weaved its way to the door of the wooden cabin. He sat still.

The man's name was Arthang, he was a General in the army. The army that was searching for Tarith. Tarith was, among other things, one of The Anduin, the last of the Magic kind. Sorcerers still survived but they didn't count, their powers came from demons and such, and, even though they were all corrupt, they told people that their powers came from God. Magic had long ago been outlawed, but there were always the ones that couldn't help their powers, like the Anduin. Anduin were born with their powers, though they usally didn't discover them until the age of 14 or so, unless their parents were also Anduin. So the Anduin were now hunted and killed by the army, even though it took at least 10 heavily armed men to take down one Anduin.

A loud thunk sounded on the door, signaling the arrival of Arthang. Tarith reviewed the spell in his mind and got ready to say it. The door clicked and opened and the man stepped inside. Tarith needed him to come just a bit closer. The man saw Tarith and began to draw his sword, "Who are you?!" he asked, perhaps the man wasn't as drunk as Tarith had thought. He spoke in a low tone, though there was no need to, this was the generals private retreat, he allowed no one to come here, not even his body guards, Tarith had found it merely by luck, "You know what I am sir, as for who I am... I'd prefer not to speak of that," Tarith willed the man forward, wishing he would take those two vital steps, "Your...Your Anduin? You bloody..." the man took one step forward, almost there, "You want to cut my head off? Come and take it!" The man took the vital step, right into a ring of runes Tarith had drawn on the floor. Tarith quickly uttered his spell and the runes activated, spinning faster and faster as Arthang stood there, apparently unable to move. The runes stopped all at once and ice began to creep up Arthangs legs, slowly crawling towards his head. The man began to beg, "Make it stop sir, please!" He wailed. Tarith took a step closer, the ice was up to the mans waist now. As Tarith took anothers step the man stabbbed at him with his sword, in the time it took for the sword to reach Tarith he had already uttered a spell of protection and the sword slid away hitting nothing, "Sorry," Tarith said, "But you just sealed your fate." Tarith walked out of the house as the ice rose to the mans neck, a howl following Tarith into the forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok guys, choose who you want to fight for, The Anduin or the army or no one, you could be just a person, who ges sucked into it all, your choice. You can be anyone you want, just no Godmodding or anything else, got it? Tyvm.
"A hero need not speak when he is gone, the world will speak for him." -- Halo 3.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gilan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Outkasts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gygsuelo86 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:12 pm

ok, I'll join. :D
-----------------------------------------------
Roene silenly walked along the brook which bordered the Northern Forest. It was a surprisingly bright day, with a light breeze rustling through the trees. A breeze which in many aspects was a danger to her, an Anduin, because it masked approaching footsteps from the army which was only a few miles away. Still she pressed on in her quest, completely confident in her ability to defend herself. So why put herself at such a risk? To put it simply, Roene was on a quest to find other Anduin like herself to rally with and save her quickly dying race and due to information which she gathered at the last village she had visited, there were rumors of an Anduin in the area, hence her decision to follow the river.
A split in the river up ahead was her indication to stop and head into the forest. Pausing for a moment near a moss covered boulder, she reached into her satchel and pulled out a water pouch and re-filled it. The Northern Forest was several hundred miles deep with many lakes, but from this point, the nearest lake was at least 10 miles away, a long distance to go without water. She quickly finished her task and slipped into the forest, staying hidden in the shadows, with the ever-decreasing sound of the river behind her.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gygsuelo86
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:08 am

(what era is this, cause im thinking on joining)
From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country's battles in air, on land and sea

First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crittercat303 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:23 pm

Ooc: i think ill join. :D
But, era is this??
~rOle pLaY aDDIct ~

crittercat303
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby peas on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:01 am

I'll join too =]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nimue hauled herself silently into the branches, sensing that whoever was approaching was getting closer. A rook cawed somewhere to her left, but she remained still. Her senses told her that the stranger was alone, but she wasn't willing to take the risk of a confrontation, not after that night last week. Grimacing, she recalled the look on her father's face, the flash of light and the screams of her mother as she fled. Her father's words still haunting her as she perched there now; the dishonour and shame of having one of 'them' in the family, the impact it would have on her father's position...

A twig cracked on the floor below, Nimue tensed and clenched her beads to her lips.
E=mc^2 < I finally get it lol.

peas
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gilan on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:53 pm

This is late medival times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tarith walked to the base of the tree. He held his hand out and spoke the words, "Orcan mather radaia," with a slight crack the base of the opened and Tarith walked inside the man sized hole. This was Haven, the last safe place for the Anduin, Tariths home. Yells came from inside as he entered, "Tarith! Who did you take out this time?" The haven was a huge maze of tunnels with only three entrances: the tree which he had just come through, a stone in a boulder range far to the east and one in the mountains, far, far away. Tarith smiled, "You guys wouldn't believe me if I told you." they cheered and yelled for him, the Anduin with the greatest kill ranking right now, to tell them who he had killed, "Ok!Ok! I have taken the life of one of our enemies, ARTHANG!" the crowd cheered and Tarith smiled again. Glad to be home.

Gilan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gilan on Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:31 pm

OOC: Hey guys. I just wanted to move this up to the front page so the people who joined could see that I picked it up again. I though it had died, thats why I didn't post for long. Cause it took a couple days for some people to join. So if you guys still wanna play (or if anyone else wants to join) post now.

Gilan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gygsuelo86 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:42 pm

About two miles away from the river Roene stopped. She knew she had come close to the Army emcampment, partially from the noise and grunts, and partially from the smell of hundreds men who haven't bathed on quite some time. Roene crouched low in some bushes as she crested a hill on the edge of a clearing. From what she could see, the army had surrounded a little house and she could feel a tension in the air. Something had happened. A burly man with a reddish beard, emerged from the house, and in his hand was a handsome sword with marks up and down the hilt, indicating the number of Anduin killed.
"Indeed, this was Arthang's sword." He murmered. Then looking up at troops, he raised the sword above his head and instantly there was silence. "Today, my brothers, our champion, Arthang, was murdered by an Anduin. The same Anduin slugs who pollute our villages and eat up the resources that so rightfully belong to purebread humans. We will avenge his death! No Anduin pig will escape our wrath!" With those words, the entire camp emitted a war cry which made the ground under Roene tremble. She had to get out of there. While it was true that Anduin were stronger than regular humans, she would be no match against an army of this size. Roene slowly crept backwards, and spun around and sprinted away. She had seen enough, the army was out for blood, and if she was lucky enough she would be able to bypass them altogether.
About an hour later she stopped and leaned against a tree. She was pretty sure that no one was following her, so she relaxed and took in her surroundings. At one time this forest, like all the other forests in this country, were peaceful places of refuge where the Anduin and humans alike could co-exist together. Roene recalled stories her mother told her about the festivals and gatherings that the people would have to enjoy simple pleasures, like the coming of spring or the birth of a new baby. But then war broke out between the races and the Anduin used the same forests to build hiding places. She remembered one such place her mother told about, where there were miles and miles of tunnels underground and only a few knew the entrance. Roene signed again, if only these stories weren't stories at all and were real. Roene turned and climbed the tree she had been leaning against. Well maybe someday she would find a place she could call home, but for now, this tree seemed like a good place to stay for the night.
Suddenly Roene froze. There was someone else in the tree. How long they had been there she didn't know, but now she was face to face with someone who seemed as lost as she was. And as scared.

gygsuelo86
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gilan on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Tarith was walking outside of Haven. He crouched looking around. He had heard something. He listenend some more. He heard a small gasp. He took a few steps forward. He walked out until he reached a tree which he felt some magic from. It could be because of a spell that had been used there and he just felt the magic signature it left but he didnt think so. He looked all around. He looked up. In the tree were to crouched forms. Reflexitvly he raised his hand and quickly said a spell. With a crack the brach above him broke and the two figures fell.

Gilan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:34 pm

I'll join too if you don't mind

Moonritsu was near a lake cleaning her weapon with a piece of cloth, a magical staff with runes carefully curved into it's surface, as it will be more convenient to cast spells without drawing the runes itself. As she was slotting her staff into a sword like shape before wrapping it around a piece of cloth. when she suddenly heard a huge crash coming from a distance, from the forest, feeling rather curios she went towards to direction of the sound...

(Moonritsu came from a family of firecallers, her specialty is fire spells,

Moonritsu's staff is a metal stick with a huge circle starting somewhere from the middle to it's tips with the miniature circle rune curved into it, it's about the length of a long sword, it's metal which is near the tip of her weapon can be taken out and slotted downwards so that it looks like a blade, upon usage, all she needs to do is to draw her weapon and swing it to the side really hard so that it can automatically revert to it's real form, this weapon have been passed down in her family, it was made during the times of war, and now it's wielder is Moonritsu)

all pictures that i use in my bios DO NOT belong to me

sin sin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gilan on Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:01 pm

OOC: No I don't mind at all. Please join. I need some people in this.

Gilan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:27 pm

ooc: I guess I'll try it out...why not?

hearing a loud noise, the boy dropped the rabbit he had caught. it scurried away into the underbrush. enfuriated, he glares out into the forest towards the sound of the crash. his body twitches and the creature in him speaks to him slowly.
"it was their fault, they did this to us. but we can find them...and then we can feed once more..."
..the small, seven year old human child, twitches and smiles at the prospect of blood.
the boy, or death, as they called him, walks slowly out towards the sound, opened mouth smiling as his teeth grow out long and pointed.
..his blue eyes lazily drifting out across the landscape, and his ears picking up the distant sound of footsteps.
...turning in that direction...he dissapears into the underbrush....

riddle
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gygsuelo86 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:19 pm

Roene grunted as she picked herself up off the ground. In an instant she pulled out her bow and with a florurish of words, made an arrow appear which was a combination of light and electricity. She whipped it around and pointed it at the figure on the ground near her feet, then she pointed it at the stranger that had appeared a few feet away. Now she was confused. Who were these people? And where did this third person come from?
"Who are you?" Roene asked nervously "Are you human or Anduin?"

gygsuelo86
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:28 pm

death jumps back and hides in the bushes. he hisses silently as the one standing up draws a bow. his eyes wander and look over the people in the clearing...the voice speaks again.
" wait it out...patience my child...patience..."
...death waits in the bushes...watching..his mouth closed..breathing silently

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gilan on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:43 pm

Tarith smiled. This was just another Outkast. "Its ok. I'm Anduin," Tarith said, "And your perfectly safe here. This is near the entrance to Haven," Tarith stopped as he heard something behind him. A slight crack. Normally one would pass it off as something like a rabbit. But Anduin thought different the normal. They were always hunted. By more than one thing. He turned around and cought the small flash of eyes in the moons light. He whispered to the others behind him,"Quiet. Don't move. Theres something here," Tarith raised his hand to execute a spell that would show them what was hiding when he heard a yell from the side, "Stop! Who goes there?! In the name of the army identifie yourself!" the thing moved Tarith saw. It ran around the forest where they were circling. Waiting for a kill.

Gilan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:52 pm

..death smiled...it told him it was time...
he was getting ready to strike when the new comers shouted..
...he winced with pain at the loud noises..and shreiked loudly in frustration...
..jumping out of the bushes death lands infront of tarith...but takes a step back recognizing an anduin...
...his eyes dart over towards where the new group shouted...ears ringing and malice in his heart...

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:16 pm

Moonritsu managed to get past the forest and bushes, she was never good at hiking or trackting and had twigs and leafs stuck in her beautiful long sliver hair which ended near her waist as she tries to move inside the forest, as she moved forward she heard a yell... yell of the army? she moved faster to the sound soon afterwards she saw a small clearing.

as she was about to walk out of the overgrowth she tripped over a stone and fell face first flat on the ground, revealing the upper half of her body, in the clearing, wearing a black robe and having her weapon sheathed onto her back supported by a leather strap, she is wearing a normal black shirt and long baggy black pants, beneath the robe. standing up she dusted herself off, her height was around 5'6 with sliver eyes. with twigs and leafs still stuck in her hair... she looked.... messy

sin sin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:49 am

..death was getting tired of all of the new people. they both hated meeting new people. but when. yet another person stumbled into the clearing, he had had enough. death twitched rapidly finally allowing his anger to consume him. his eyes flashed white, but died back out. and he decided he was going to take it out on the beings who caused him pain.
turning towards what death now knew to be the armies soldiers, a large spike grows out of each of his hands...he rushes forward at the oncoming soldiers. and meets up with them before the clearing, hiding the fight from view of the others.
the soldiers stared, unable to comprhend what they were seeing, as death leaped onto the man who had shouted and stabbed him through his chest. death roared in anger... and glared at the remaining soldiers, while standing atop the soldier he had killed. he twitches again..and his body returns to normal. death falls over on top of the dead soldier, and falls into a deep sleep due to hunger...ending up bloodied and laying across a murdered soldier...

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby peas on Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:32 pm

Nimue was sprawled on the ground, too shocked for words. Within seconds she'd been discovered and exposed by two strangers, who were now so tense the air around was crackling, and both were brandishing weapons. Nimue gulped, and got to her feet. The older girl was pointing her arrow at her chest, whilst the man called out. Beginning to panic, Nimue placed her hand against the tree as if leaning on it and contemplated running, she was quick and was sure that if she managed to make it to the river she could lose them.

peas
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:44 pm

...waking up slowly...death looks around and discovers that, rather than stay and watch their captain get killed, the troops had run off..probably back to their camp. death trys to stand up, but finds himself much too weak. he settles for crawling and heads back into the clearing...momentarilly forgetting that there were people there. seeing yet another new person, he manages to crawl back into the bushes.. and collapses there..breathing heavily..

riddle
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!