Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pirates! [IC]

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: Pirates! [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NadieQuerida on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:44 pm

Morgan coughed awkwardly at the explicit attempt made by his new crew member at flirting with the Surgeon. He tucked away a smile for future reserve, and masked his expression to polite interest. "Yeah, I am. Seemed like a seasoned sailor, though he'd be of help. He sure can drink..." walking the few paces to the man, he crouched down and studied him closely. Yup, those were battle scars alright. And he had a pirate leg, too.

Perfect.

"How bout we take him to the ship? The guards'll be hunting soon."

[NP.]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NadieQuerida
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chopper378 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:58 pm

"Yeah I guess we should get the drunk on the ship before he gets arrested" said James who took his eyes off of Tanya and started to pick the man up. After all a lady should not be burdened with the task and the sight and smell of the man was really starting to irritate James.
Books contain knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, crime doesn't pay, so every time your read a book you go brook.

If you blame guns for what happened at Columbine then you should blame spoons for why

A good friend bails you out of jail, but a best friend is sitting next to you saying "That was kick ass!"

Stupidity is what really killed the cat, curiosity was just framed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chopper378
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:23 pm

Tanya stifled a giggle. A guy like James was a breath of fresh air. She almost helped, but saw the men had the drunken man.

"Could you keep him on deck? It'd probably be better for him not to be lying down quite yet. And fresh air might be good in case he starts gettin nauseous unless you want a wonderful smell below deck, I think."

OOC: Don't worry bout me. I'm fine with pretty much anythin :) Have fun with it

Nykizta
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chopper378 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:30 pm

"yeah good idea" commented James as he started taking the man up to the ship. He knew that this guy was going to have one hell of a hangover when he wakes up and will propbably be cranky.That still did not stopJames from roughly dropping the man on some crates on the ships deck. Looking around james noticed some cracks in the ship and knew he better started to work right away.

(OOC: I will probably end here and pick up on Sunday, feel free to carry on without me and I'll catch up)

chopper378
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NadieQuerida on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:12 pm

Morgan set the man down--well, the portion that he was carrying, anyways--with more care, positioning him so that he he was sitting against the crates piled beneath, and behind him. Straightening, he glanced around; Skylar seemed to be missing...he shrugged it off, though; she was probably exploring the ship.

"Well, so far it's you two and a girl child..." he said lazily, turning back to his two colleagues. "What do you know of ships an' stuff?"

NadieQuerida
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:22 pm

"Girl child... Oh joy, I love kids," Tanya said sarcastically. "I know bare minimum. I've been on apirate ship before and have repaired small things and thats about it."

Nykizta
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paramorex on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:38 pm

Skylar was now exploring below deck. She walked through what seemed to be a kitchen and examined each part of it. She slid her fingers along the wooden walls and smacked the pots and pans that were hanging on the wall loudly. Smiling to herself, she made her way back up the rickety wooden steps until she reached the top deck. "Morgy!" She sang, "Who are all these people?" She asked. She eyed each of them. One unconcious, the girl from earlier and another man who had just dropped the unconcious one as Skylar had walked up the stairs. "Ugh, that girl again," She said aloud as she peered at Tanya.

Paramorex
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:34 pm

Tanya busted out laughing. She was laughing so hard that if she wasn't leaning on the railing, she would have fallen upon the deck. She couldn't help it. The little brat had just taken the words out of her mouth. Except Tanya wouldn't have actually said them. Still, that was hilarious.

Nykizta
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NadieQuerida on Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:39 am

Morgan winced quite visibly at his new nickname.

Brilliant.

"Could I mayhap...persuade you to call me Captian?" he asked of the small girl feebly. "Or Mr. Morgan. Or Just Morgan? Please?"

Of course, being the self-centered person he was, he immediately came to the conclusion that Tanya was laughing at him; more specifically, at his new nickname. Cue death glare at woman.

NadieQuerida
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paramorex on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:17 am

"What's so funny?" Skylar asked Tanya as she narrowed her eyes and walked infront of her. She put her hands on her hips and stood on her tippy toes to seem taller, although it didn't work much.

She then turned back to Morgan. "Alright, Captain Morgy," She said. "Do you have any sweets on this ship?" She asked as she looked around. "Or have you given them all to that idiot of a girl?" She said as she reached her foot out and kicked Tanya, motioning to her.

Paramorex
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:35 pm

Tanya instantly had a change in attitude and had a knife out. Noone touched Tanya violently without getting the full front of her temper. She was usually mild-tempered, but she hated violence, petty or otherwise. Aimed towards her. Or her friends for that matter. But it was even worse when she disliked the person.

"I might be polite, but do NOT touch me child. I obviously like you as much as you like me. But I'm also a lot bigger and most likely better armed." Tanya growled. Calm down, she's a kid, Tanya thought to herself. She tucked her knife away. "Learn to pick your battles a lot better." Tanya turned to Morgan. She had noticed the glare, which happened before the kicking bit, so probably had to do with the laughing. "And have no worries, I was laughing at the brat, not you."

Then Tanya abruptly left, glaring at the brat, to go explore the ship she was now to be working on.

What a wonderful start to a new job... Tanya thought.

Nykizta
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NadieQuerida on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:07 pm

"Not Morgy," the man growled, clamping a hand on Skyler's shoulder and gently but firmly steering her away from the surgeon. "Now, mind that you're respectful to people with sharp, pointy things. Like the lady, yonder," he spoke quietly to the girl, gesturing towards Tanya with his chin. "Yer my responsibility, but I've employed her an' I don't be wanted to chuck any one of you overboard 'cause of petty rivalry. Got it?"

He waited a moment to make sure that his words were understood perfectly before he dug into his pocket and withdrew some coins. It wasn't a huge amount, but it would probably satisfy her. "I've nothin' sweet on the ship, an' prolly won't be having much unless we find a decent cook. So why don't you go down an' buy yourself somethin'?. I don't know when we'll be leaving, so don't spend it all today. What you buy with it will last you the whole voyage, alright?"

NadieQuerida
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:22 pm

Tanya wandered around ship, defusing her temper. It was a beauty, even if it did need a little patching. She really hadn't been in the sea-faring buisness long, but she knew what to look for in a ship. With a couple repairs, this ship would be a real sturdy one.

Tanya wandered to the quarters and kitchen. She sure wasn't an amazing cook, but she knew how to feed herself well.

Tanya peeked back up on the deck and walk to the side of the ship where the other two weren't. She admired the view. A gorgeous thing, the sea was. She had expected it to grow dull to her as she spent time on it, but it only grew more beautiful. She smiled as she leaned over railing into the sea breeze. One place she'd learnt she was almost always happy was out to sea.

Nykizta
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeAgainstTheWorld on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:28 pm

"You'd chuck her off, right?" Skylar asked as she peered around Morgan to try to find where the woman had went but there was no sight of her. Skylar smiled in relief.

Skylar's face lit up when the coins were placed into her hand. "Thanks Morgan," She said grinning as she shoved the coins into her pocket and turned away from him. She quickly ran back off of the ship and into town square where she made a stop in the bakery type of shop.

MeAgainstTheWorld
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kargoth on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:53 pm

Marcus graves, infamous pirate capitian..or former infamous pirate capitian, as the case was, had heard of a young man looking for a crew from the various drunkards. He'd made his way through the dock crowds-pushing and shoving the slower people away. He caught sight of his target, The frayed knot. "AYE!!!" He shouted up "I hear you need a crew!!" Hopefully the captian heard him, he hated sitting around, he craved adventure like a drink craves rum.

Kargoth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NadieQuerida on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:57 pm

"No," he answered flatly, and sighed in relief as she bounded off. Thank goodness...no more Morgy.

Mission: Accomplished. Bribes worked.

Now, where was Tanya? Glancing around him, he saw no sign of her on deck. Walking to the edge of the boat, he peered over it at the docks, but no sign of her there, either. There was Sky, and...oh, ho.

"COME UP!" He waved, exhaling through his teeth. Fantastic. Now the whole port town would know he was looking for a crew, and the weirdest people would haggle him first. Anyways...he waved the man up, watching him.

NadieQuerida
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:04 pm

Tanya heard the shouting exchange and decided to go check the prospect crewmate from a distance. she walked towards the side of the ship that she knew Morgan was on. Aye, there he was. She leaned up against the railing and watched as the man from docks came aboard.

Nykizta
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paramorex on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:36 pm

[damn >_<. didn't realize my stepbrother was still logged on. sorry about the last post from his account, forgot to log back in.]

Skylar pushed the wooden door of the bakery shop open. Her bare feet inched their way across the stone floor as she eyed every piece of the delicous smelling food. She remembered what Morgan had said about it lasting the whole voyage so she decided to only spend part of the money right now and to spend it on sweets that wouldn't go bad too quickly. "Four pieces of them red sweets," Skylar said to the woman as she pointed to red taffy looking things. The woman nodded and gave them to her. Skylar grinned and remembered her old ways. Why should she have to spend any of the money yet?

She quickly sprung nback out of the store without paying and ran back to the docks where she seareched for the ship.

Paramorex
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kargoth on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:35 pm

Marcus climbed aboard laughing at the looks the captian & his crew was giving him "So, I hears you need hands for the knot." He said while grinning. " 'Low me ta int'erduce meself" He said, losing his educated accent, in retrospect, it was a faked thing. " Marcus graves, atcher service" He gave a slight bow.
Last edited by Kargoth on Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kargoth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chopper378 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:24 pm

(I'm back and ready to continue posting)

Finished. James had patched up some minor holes in the deck of the ship. Looking around he noticed that girl Tanya was gone. with all of his working he had failed to realize what was happening around him. Looking up he had spotted Marcus coming aboard the ship. Now James knew who this man was. and he had just one thing to say. "Oh son of a bitch"

chopper378
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!