Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pirates

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Pirates

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Joker116 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 am

I've been listening to a lot of Alestorm lately and I thought: How about a pirate RP? Some adventures and epic quests on the high seas would be pretty neat, just need people and ideas.

I thought about using pretty much every pirate legends, such as the Leviathan, the Fountain of Youth and such. But it wouldn't be Pirates of the Carribean, I don't feel like having some Jack Sparrow, Turner or Swan here, even though I like some of Pirates' characters. Anyone up for it? Put your ideas here. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Joker116
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Pirates

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:20 am

A pirate RP would be interesting. I tried starting one back in January, but it died. It sounded interesting though: pirates searching for a mythical city of gold. I wouldn't mind joining in a pirate RP

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Joker116 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:23 am

If you have some idea, I'm open to suggestions, meanwhile I'll study the pirate lore a bit. There were lots of ideas in Pirates of the Carribean but they don't all really ressemble the actual legends of the Golden Age of Pirates era.

Hope I can get this one running, since my Mortal Kombat RP is not sparking any interest.

The Joker116
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:58 am

I did have an idea for an ocean wide treasure hunt for a map leading to a legendary city of gold. It would have involved sailing up and down the Atlantic seaboard from Salvador, Brazil to Quebec City, Canada with some adventures on the high seas. I think because most of my knowledge was limited to what was going on on land, I didn't have enough pirate-ish stuff going on. The bulk of my story - the hunt for the actual treasure - would have taken place on land. The time period I had in mind was in the mid 1600s, just before the Golden Age of Pirates

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Joker116 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:13 pm

That could do (I'd be damn happy if actual pirates would come to Canada XD).

I though I'd have this happen mostly in the Carribean, once I'm less tired, I'll do some search on Google, to make sure I get the piratey stuff as accurate as possible.

The Joker116
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wakboth on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:57 pm

I would certainly like to join this. I had a character in another pirate RP that went tube ways. I may be able to persuade a guy on here that roleplayed in that with me to join to. If he does, he could play the captain (Assuming no has dibsed it or that we are each a separate group of pirates) and I would actually be playing ships doctor.

That, or if he doesn't I could still do that XD
When the end seem to justify the means, you've tried too hard to find an excuse. When 'by any means necessary' means 'violence may become necessary' you've lost sight of your goal. When people lay down and die rather than endure any more suffering, worry for the state of humanity. When people do not comment on how wrong this is, become angry at the world, because feeling that upset is too hard to bare. When people say 'you care too much' don't answer, because there is no such thing.

Wakboth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bliz on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:14 pm

I was involved in a pirate role-play a while ago that crashed and burned before the landing gear was up. (Jeez, I hope all this pirate role-play death doesn't discourage anybody.) But I was so excited for it! If I could join, I'd do what I could to keep this one from suffering a similar fate.

bliz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:40 pm

I would love to join if you needed any extra people!
All say, "How hard it is that we have to die" - a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
~Mark Twain

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hurricane on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:43 pm

I would love to join it.
Two wrongs do not make a right. However, three lefts do.

Hurricane
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:22 am

perhaps we could develop one. what say you all to that? As I said before:
demented-tiger wrote:I did have an idea for an ocean wide treasure hunt for a map leading to a legendary city of gold. It would have involved sailing up and down the Atlantic seaboard from Salvador, Brazil to Quebec City, Canada with some adventures on the high seas. I think because most of my knowledge was limited to what was going on on land, I didn't have enough pirate-ish stuff going on. The bulk of my story - the hunt for the actual treasure - would have taken place on land. The time period I had in mind was in the mid 1600s, just before the Golden Age of Pirates
Does that sound like a good start, or does anyone else have any suggestions? Perhaps we could help Joker come up with something.

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hurricane on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:24 am

That sounds kind of cool. But my preference would be a lot of time on-ship.

Hurricane
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolrSurfr3 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Sounds awesome! I've always wanted to do a Pirate RP. We're gonna need sea monsters, ghost ships, and some epic storms.

SolrSurfr3
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!