Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Descendants

Plot Ideas and Suggestions

a part of “The Descendants”, a fictional universe by mjolnir.

An Academy for the children of the worlds most famous Superheroes and villains.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Descendants”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Plot Ideas and Suggestions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:40 pm

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

P L O T 0 I D E A S

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If anyone has any ideas as to directions the story can go, please feel free to put them here. I will say though that some may not happen. Just because there are 50 amazing ideas, I just don't know if we'd ever get to them all. But I love collaboration so feel free to tell me any ideas you have :)
Image Image
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Re: Plot Ideas and Suggestions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:44 pm

I can go first :p
I just didn't want to blind side anyone with the beginning of this RP. I don't want to bog this down with stupid introductions, or everyone coming back from a break. I just kinda want to jump right in. So for those of you who've seen Sky High. I'm going to start this off at the beginning of a training class. Where there teacher (an NPC I'll make) is going to tell them they're playing Rescue the Civilian. The teacher will split them up into pairs (this is where I have fun putting everyone with people they hate or will butt heads with). Then for each setting there will be a hero team that will have to save the civilian and a villain team that will have to "protect" the civilian. I may even have the pairs then switch sides after a round.

But I thought it'd be a fun way to start this thing. (Not until Tuesday night most likely just so finals are over :p )

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:16 am

hey, so I was thinking xD

idk if you wanted to explain why the DC and Marvel universes are blended but I have a pretty decent way to do it.

So Marvel had a series in which Galactus, ya know, tall, hungry, has a taste for planets and a love of surfers.Yea,well, He just kind of randomly appeared and just like takes out all of New Jersey. Alot of people died heroes and civilians alike. So I was thinking that maybe, Galactus tears a whole in the universe, opening the marvel world to the dc one and the heroes came together fought the planet eater back, and since DC has a million planets that he can eat, he starts munching those with the guidance of the Green Latern Corp, and Earth Marvel and Earth DC, forever opened to one another survive and live happily ever after the end!

It could be a history lesson in class.
Watch me draw this and other strange things

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:23 am

Jesus xD I mean I guess so lol. I was just thinking more if superheroes were real it wouldn't discriminate if they were DC or Marvel or Capcom or TMNT lol I would accept ANY superhero someone wanted. Everyone just gravitates to DC or Marvel.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:43 am

Oh well damn.

Well it would probably have been a good idea to add images from the IDW comics and stuff like that as well. We can just say he ripped several holes in the universe. He's huge, the guy survived his own universe' Big Crunch, so yea. He could rip multiple holes in the fabric of space and time.

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:52 am

It's possible. I just don't know when that'd come up xD

Like as cool as a history class or whatever would be... no one is going to want to play their characters sitting listening to a lecture xD

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:01 pm

We could have an NPC given the lecture, or we can have it been reference by the NPC during your Rescue the Civilian class. It could be an example of teamwork. Even though they didn't know, or perhaps they didn't like one another, they all worked together to fight of this giant world ending threat and that could be the lesson being taught.

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:17 pm

Hmm maybe haha I'll think about it lol

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:17 pm

There's also the fact that Flash has ripped a whole in the universe on multiple occasions using the speed force to alter time and has gone between Earth 1 and 2 a lot

tigerz
Member for 13 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Watcher on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:24 pm

tigerz wrote:There's also the fact that Flash has ripped a whole in the universe on multiple occasions using the speed force to alter time and has gone between Earth 1 and 2 a lot

He has actually done it and crossed over into the Marvel Universe! It was done before during the Marvel Avengers and DC Justice League cross over comics!

Fun fact. Flash can't access the speed force in the marvel universe. :P

The Watcher
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:44 pm

I forgot about that one XD

Isn't it that Marvel doesn't have a speed force? I'm not very familiar with the Marvel universe unless it has to do with Captain America

tigerz
Member for 13 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Watcher on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:54 pm

Correct.. no speed force in the Marvel universe.

The Watcher
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Well that sucks XD I like the speed force

tigerz
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:02 pm

Yea, I'd thought about that, but the Marvel heroes would blame him, I figured if it was a big baddie that did it, it would unite the two. They would totally go to war if Flash busted through on accident. I mean I tear in the universe will no matter who did what, will kill a lot of people, so I figure, everyone wants to get rid of Galatcus, right? If you're a hero, you don't want that dude floating around so if he did it, it would give them a reason to work together and stop him. Which would explain the partnership of Bruce Wanye and Tony Stark. If the Flash did ripped the hole....ehhhh The Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D and everybody else would but up his ass trying to get him to pay for his crimes and the Justice League and Green Lantern Corp and all the rest would have to back him up, or not, It would just but crazy.

But all of that being said, it's up to Scar, it was just an idea of mine.

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:13 pm

I appreciate how everyone is trying to make excuses reasoning or whatever for why they are all together. That being said, I want to make this as simple to follow as possible, especially because there are people in here who haven't read the comics and only know stuff by the movies or whatever else. So I'd rather just try to not over complicate things because the past and how they got there is irrelevant.

They're there, Tony & Bruce work together and that's that. As for how bad students or good students got to the school... they cover that in their Histories. But it isn't going to effect the way I plan on having this RP go, about how the universes join.

Plus the whole "how everyone came together" is an issue the parents figured out or whatever. It had nothing to do with the children.

Sorry not trying to sound like a bitch :) I like the idea, just over complicates things

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Watcher on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:47 pm

Sorry... from my experience comic book nerds can get extremely caught up in the 'how it happens'. I speak from experience seeing as I am such a huge one. XD

The Watcher
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:00 pm

no you're fine lol. I'm just trying to explain why I'm against it. it's nothing personal against anyone. it just isn't relevant to what's going on ya know? I'm really not trying to seem mean either if I am lol it's been a long day haha. I love the ideas I do. just complicates things lol

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The-Calenator on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:50 pm

Sorry I haven't been active here. I don't really have any plot ideas. xD

The-Calenator
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:57 pm

@Calenator: xD oh no worries I have some fun ideas planned. But I'm keeping them on the DL so they're more of a surprise. That's unless someone has plot ideas... For the future that would be fun.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The-Calenator on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:00 am

I don't like surprises. xD [ can you tell me in pm? For meeee?!?!?!?! ]

The-Calenator
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!