Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Possible roleplays

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Possible roleplays

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roy Ganamede on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:23 am

Roy Ganamede to Remæus wrote:I want to start a roleplay for Beginners, Intermediate and advanced roleplayers to keep improving their skills. Those beginners who are turned down from roleplays can do the one for beginners and build their bio up to be in the intermediate one, for example, or go to another roleplay. That way, they would be able to have something to refer to. Also--on top of that, the roleplay could be customizable in their bio to fit the RP they want to go into. The year and such will not be put into play to where they cannot change it. Also, the advanced one is for people who believe that they're the best. Trust me, I got to that point once and I realised you are never the best, you keep improving. I believe I'm one of the better onces, because when I roleplay, it's like a dance. I change to fit the other person's style, and in my roleplays I try not to be the "hero" unless my story is going off of its main course.

See, all of these roleplays would help improve EVERYONE on the site. It'd be your main attraction to your site so people who want to get better can. These roleplays would go into the "Everything else" section. I'll give a little brief summary.

Beginners: This would have five story lines--and each new person would pick one to go into. Each have no individual ending, but it teaches all of the people who join how to rise ranks. Start out with a lowly character and rise ranks to be a general. For example. Learn the ways of how to rise those ranks as well as go from beginner to intermediate levels. That is all this will teach someone, essentially. This will also teach how to fight, I won't teach any specific way, but I will teach them how to be completely creative. Each lesson there will be OOC (Which will be in Parentheses) and it will explain what's going on, and reasoning behind it.

Intermediate: There will be one roleplay storyline. And this will teach people how to go with the storyline even if it goes "off the rails" so to say. Example: You're roleplaying and you realise that you came to a snag in the roleplay--and the person who started it is gone for a while, you must learn how to stay on their roleplay...so you create little side quests which relate to the roleplay until that person gets back. That's just an example--but yeah, that's what it'll be like. This will also teach new ways of fighting, about two new ways of fighting. There's the hand-to-hand and then mech-to-mech ways which each have two ways of fighting. There's the "Dodge at a pace" way, which is what I call the "1/3 dodge." You can only dodge one time out of three hits. (Hit hit dodge, dodge hit hit, hit dodge hit, or hit hit hit hit hit hit dodge dodge dodge, etc.) And the other I can't remember but I'll remember it.

Advanced: It takes all of the other roleplays and puts them in one to keep growing. But the hard part here is that you must adapt to another players style. Their tenses and their character. You must be able to form a bond with the person and be able to execute certain skills with that person like a dance. I will pair up characters based on likes and dislikes, and they will be polar opposites where the people should logically hate each other. Except the thing is, the roleplayer needs to take the persona of their character, and actually dislike them at first. These two will need to get together somehow--and be able to create their own storyline, and be able to form a bond with the person. Now this bond doesn't have to be pure "love" or even "friendship" but they must learn how to work together. Like how Gokou and Vegeta did, they hated each other but when they needed to, they worked together--that's what this is based on. Getting the roleplayer into the persona of their character, and having them actually initiate a relationship between another person. Well, tell me what you think. I'll be on aim eventually.

What are everyone's thoughts?
Favorite Model: RGM-79

OOC: This too, shall pass.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Roy Ganamede
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Property Buyer

Re: Possible roleplays

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:39 am

Hmmm... Interesting Idea... I like it.. Though at the moment its a bit confusing... Mainly because I am tired - Though I WILL read it again tomorrow...
Quick note though... Beginners, Intermediate & Advanced... from experience, I know that beginners can tend to think they're better then they are, Intermediate's and Advanced role-players are modest and dont quite know what catergory they should fall under.... Me myself, because I role play differently depending on the site, genre etc, I tend to vary among them - and I have never said I'm an advanced or intermediate RPer when others have said I am...
So perhaps you could fit something in for the modest & over-eager ones perhaps? Just something to help people decide what catergory they fall under >.>
There's Something About...
Tamara Hale... And It Reeks Of

Revenge

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:55 am

I think this sounds like a wonderful idea. It would probably be difficult to organize, but if you had enough people working together at it, it could be of huge benefit to those involved.

I do think Tigerz Peace is right, though. People rarely categorize themselves in a manner that others would agree with. Perhaps you should have some sort of test to figure out where folks stand as far as their skills? Have the write up a sample of their roleplaying, and have some judges decide their level...something like that.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roy Ganamede on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:01 pm

Sure, I'll have everything set up and on today if no one objects.

Roy Ganamede
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Property Buyer

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:04 pm

Well I'm all for it... Bring it on =)

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roy Ganamede on Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:22 pm

It's in Everything else, for the application--I'll give the mods and admins a while to talk about it--then post the levels. I sent M.E.L.F. a PM.

Roy Ganamede
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sumomo on Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:34 pm

ok im all for it

Sumomo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sumomo on Fri May 23, 2008 6:10 pm

So now what?

Sumomo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!