Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Realities

Realities

a part of “Realities”, a fictional universe by poeticjustice8012.

A private RP, by invitation only.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Realities”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Realities

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:34 am

@Cass: Yep xD Just about anything weird or wild. I know what I'm doing already, but yeah. xD

@Freak: Eh, yeah, I realize that... But whatever. xD

@Night: I thought that was actually a smart little thing. ^^ You'll notice Poetic is slightly confused but makes the connection semi-quickly; this is mostly because her powers center around light in general, so of course she's going to automatically think of sun/moonlight. I read over the changes and thought they're fine ^^ Just be sure to stick with them after this... I don't really want everyone to make a habit of changing their powers around unless it's a certain event or something like that. -shrugs-

But ok! I'm making another post now, it'll be done after I post this up... Just because I feel like I should address this, the languages are not all the same, but something about the Reality allows everyone to understand each other, except for certain words that don't have a good English translation. Food, slang, and certain adjectives would fall under that category. And some swears, but not all. Don't abuse this by adding in tons of slang, but a few words here and there are fine. ^^ You don't always need to add a meaning, either, if you want to keep us guessing xD
Break Me But Never Beat Me

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:34 pm

oooo I get to make up my own world n stuff? sweetness-es on a stick! xD woah, everyone has posted already. :D and Poet did it twice. cool. is there a certain order we are gonna be going thru? like...Poet then Spec then blah blah and blah? or just...as we are needed, we post?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

freakofnature
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okmin on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:08 pm

I guess just post whenever we can/feel like it. Well, I'm going to limit myself to once a day at most. Unless it's a particularly active day. (@ej: Remember that time when you and me took up like three pages all by ourselves in 3.0? XD)

Also how do we do conversations around here (IC)? In the chat or something? I don't think I could write three paragraphs of Okmin talking (plus it would be pretty OOC anyway) :P

Okmin
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Everyone can post when they want, but I don't want anyone going on a posting spree or anything. Try to have at least two other posts in between your own, if you don't mind... xD @Okmin: Oh yeah... xD You and Def took up a few pages too xD

Conversations are a system Tabby (a friend who wasn't able to join) used. Basically, if Poetic was having a conversation with Spec, we'd write it out via PMs (I'd send my line, and she'd reply) until we finished. Then one of us would put up the whole conversation. Does that make sense...?

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okmin on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Actually that does make sense. Danke.

Okmin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:53 pm

so no posting sprees? *pout* DAMMIT, i was looking forward to that. ^^ I think i'll type up a post (after i eat and find a way to get my migraine down to a simple headache). No clue on how long these posts will be. Shes like me in so many ways. xD her thoughts are the funnest thing to write. cant WAIT to get to really get into her. :3.

Edit: so...i picked out a type of slang i've always wanted to use, but you know...forget. so Freak is using it. If you actually need me to tell you what they mean after you read it, just tell me. it's hard to me to look at, let alone USE. but...enjoy it. yes?

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:22 am

@Freak: I think I understood most of it, except for the "Adam and Eve" part... But I'll figure it out soon enough, so don't worry. But yeah... I thought the inner monologue was great, actually xD Freak (the Avatar) is great. I find it mildly hilarious that a few characters seem to be pretty bad in sunlight.... But yeah. And "china?" xD That made me laugh.

But ok! I'll wait for a few more to post before I go... And I just realized I never had Poetic tell the others her name... But yeah. I'll get around to that. I have a somewhat decent reason to why, so yeah. xD

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:21 am

@Poet: Adam and Eve: believe. Look up Cockney Slang. its britsh. she had trouble saying 'dirty' because in CS its 'Two-thirty'. and china=china plate=mate. get it? xD i had to bookmark the pages. its hard slang to get. ANYWAYS; Freak...writing her is like...writing what i would do if i was in her place. so basically im writing me. yes? glad you liked it though. xD

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okmin on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Wellllll posted. Now you all get to now what Okmin thinks of your avatars xD Also there's like... two... small instances of "slang". And they're right next to each other. So kudos if you find it :P I actually have a general idea for his whole home-reality thing and slang stuff. Nothing's really come up yet that I can use though...

Okmin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:15 pm

@Freak: Oh, I get it now. xD The Adam and Eve, like I said, was the only part I didn't get... But yeah. I liked it. Her mindset is great ^^

@Okmin: I love that he thinks so highly of Poetic xD A leader-type, though? I suppose... I liked the little descriptions, though. And I think I got one slang. "Dweller", right? Was the other "sunrays"?... But yeah. I'm glad you have ideas for your history ^^ If you can't tell by now, I know what Poetic's whole backstory is... Then again, I've been thinking over this RP for ages, so yeah. xD Of course my character is developed. ^^"

I'm going to post now, so sorry for those who haven't replied yet. I won't be doing much, but I do think I should explain that dust cloud.... ^^" It won't really jump ahead that much, though, so don't worry. ^^

Edit: Ok, I kinda lied. I started a fight. Whoops. Go figure. But anyway... Two pieces of slang. Are we seriously going to be playing "spot the slang" from now on? xD

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:47 pm

@Poet: yeah...her mindset. xD is fun. really really really fun. OMG REALLY POET! like...for reals? now you make me wanna post. i have the time but like...ya know, its...just... UGHHH it would be short and useless. *sob* i will wait, i guess. *sniff sniff* but by the 'loud screech' you put in ya post, imma assume that its the birds, yes? ^^

@OK: haha i cant say i found you slang. i read through the OOC first and poet said it so yeah. I get 'sunrays' but what exactly does 'dweller' mean? when i think of it think "sun dweller'' like she lives in the sun. but the way you put it...does it happen to be like a DWELLER, like...you dwell? that made no sense errr....like an underground dweller? xD
Last edited by freakofnature on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okmin on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:21 pm

@ej&Freak: Yeah... Those two. Not very good ones XP Also sunrays means sunlight, but in a kinda different way. It's kinda weird; the difference between plain photons and actual energy. Basically light is a big thing wherever Okmin's from. Dweller does mean like underground/cave dweller, so yes. You know. People who shun light. Outcasts. Also the colors black and white have special significance because black absorbs all light and white reflects all light. So yeah. That's a part of the backstory at least.

Okmin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:09 pm

*appears from nowhere* I really need to get away from all these random youtube videos...And Homestuck. so much Homestuck. BUT OKAY! I'll post! I promised I would today! Either by midnight or at midnight and it's a little past 11p now! ...And I have school tomorrow. So I'll kick my own butt into gear and make a post. *checks IC* Bleeeeh. There's 11 posts. There were 9 this morniiiing. Bleeeeh.

Okey-dokey! I'll post. Oh, and sorry for sorta keeping out of the OOC. I haven't really bothered keeping up with it much. ^^" I might from now on, but no promises! I'll probably just weave in and out.

*edit*
Okay, so... I, uh, posted. And I'm really sorry you guys, but it totally sucks. >< Like big-time mondo suck. The only worthwhile thing to read would probably be the last paragraph, really. Everything else is just sorta inner monologue or whatever to catch up with everyone else. She also didn't say a single word that entire post. >< Bleh, okay, that was just terrible. I swear, my other posts won't suck so bad. Oh, and poetic, I wasn't sure what you wanted us to do with the weapons or if you even wanted us to have them or not, so I just kinda did...that. But if you had other plans, then I can just edit it and do something else.

Spectrum
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:18 pm

@Freak: Yeah, the birds and horses are attacking the Avatars. Mostly the birds.

@Okmin: Ok then! ^^ I'm interested to see what you've come up with, so I'll try to keep things new and fresh to give you more time to use your ideas ^^ Also! I think Kami wants you to do a timeskip in 3.0A xD

@Spec: Oh gosh, I never mentioned weapons, did I? Well, basically, everyone can summon them at any time. They only disappear when the Avatar wants it to disappear. I'll read your post and tell you later if I think you need to change anything, but I doubt it.

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:23 am

*appears at a totally ungodly hour of the morning* WOOO I HAVE TRACK -is shot down- kill me. its too EARLY. save me~ anyways, i see that people posted n i will read them after track...around 10-10:30. ^^"

@Poet: birds n horses....hm...kayy. i can do that. :3 oh...they can summon them? xD well Freak had hers with her...*shrug* she'll probably always have it on hand. but another thing....sorry if you answered this; what about their familiars? is it like their weapons? they just summon them? or do they have to gain them thru some battle?

alright! Freak over and out! i've always wanted to say that

....i think these socks cut off my circulation. Dx

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:57 am

@Freak: The familiars are summoned whenever the Avatar wants it. All Avatars know how to summon their weapons and familiars, plus how to use their powers. So... Basically, when Freak wants, she can summon her familiar. They don't needto earn them through battle xD

Also... Gem. That made me laugh. The magic-user thing. I never really considered the powers to be magic, but hey, it's all in what you make up ^^

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:18 pm

@Poet: BACK and alive. my shins dont hurt and yay~ i got home safely. :3 oh they know their powers too? sweetness. >:3 that makes everything clearer. thankies!

freakofnature
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okmin on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:20 pm

So... how long are we gonna take to kill all these things? I mean, is there like, a set number of monsters we're allowed to kill per post? xP

Also I just noticed that every one of my posts so far has one or two ridiculously long sentences with absolutely no punctuation. Didn't even notice I was doing that until this last one... so uh, I'll try to actually divide up my clauses with commas and such if my rambling bothers anyone :P

@ej: Gonna do that timeskip for you and Kami later tonight. To California! XD

Okmin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poeticjustice8012 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:47 pm

@Freak: Yay! You're alive! ^^

@Okmin: Eh... Well, I figured we'd all kill one or two per post. Just for the sake of leaving some for everyone else xD But technically there is no limit. Just for this battle, since there aren't many coming after us (technically... Only outnumbered four to one... xD) I don't want everyone killing five per post xD And really? I didn't notice either. :/

But anyway! I'll probably post again later today... I think... But if I don't I'll post tomorrow. I won't finish the battle in my next post, though. ^^"

poeticjustice8012
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightgem on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:13 pm

poeticjustice8012 wrote:@Freak: The familiars are summoned whenever the Avatar wants it. All Avatars know how to summon their weapons and familiars, plus how to use their powers. So... Basically, when Freak wants, she can summon her familiar. They don't needto earn them through battle xD

Also... Gem. That made me laugh. The magic-user thing. I never really considered the powers to be magic, but hey, it's all in what you make up ^^

Yeah, that has to do with her back story. In her world, "magic" is how they understand those abilities. I figured since they all come from entirely different realities, how they acquired their powers/the force behind them would be different, or at least explained differently for the most part. I'm having way too much fun with the alternate realities concept, lol, so feel free to reign me in if I step too far out of bounds. :P

Nightgem
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!