Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Realm of the Demon King(please join)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Realm of the Demon King(please join)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord__Nobunaga on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:10 pm

There was a sudden drop in pressure, the darkness began to pull toward Nobunaga at an increasing rate, As it all came into him Nobunaga's eyes opened wide and he shoved Emiko back as he exploded with energy before passing out and falling to the ground.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord__Nobunaga
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kunoichi Himeko on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Emiko tried to keep her balance as she was shoved backward. She flipped backward from the force of the explosion, but caught herself with her hands while she was upside down and ended up flipping back onto her feet instead of falling on her butt.
When she saw Nobunaga fall to the ground, she quickly dashed back over to him. She knelt down beside him, buttoning her jacket a little as she did, keeping herself covered. The rest of her clothes (her dress, shoes, gloves etc...) were lying near where Mitsuhide and Rai were standing. She looked at Nobunaga, passed out on the ground, worried slightly. He looked like himself now, but she couldn't help but worry if he would be alright. Her fingers brushed against his face lightly as she looked down at him with her bright pink eyes.
"I knew I didn't carry enough faith in myself. I am to blame. I was afraid that even if there had been no gate, we would someday go our separate ways, but I have to put that behind me now and live in the present believing in the future." ~Ah! My Goddess!~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kunoichi Himeko
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DoC13X on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:32 pm

Octavius stared down the intruders in the dining hall with a manic smile on his face. Then something changed outside and a chill wind blew through the dining hall. He could feel the fell energies of the portals, as they spewed forth their denizens. The smile seemed to fade from his face for a moment, then a strange look of realization came over him and his smile returned with a vengeance. "My sincerest apologies. Our situation has just taken a most interesting change of course, your lesson must wait, for it is imperative that I attend to Herr Nobunaga's outburst. Such energies, uncontrolled, will be most disastrous to this city and its proletariat."

He flings the daggers at the ground in front of the intruders, and they burst into pillars of intense flame. With the intruders blocked he ran out into the courtyard to face the creatures emerging from the black portals. The other warriors were battling the beasts valiantly, while Rai and some new visitor were... "Caution Katzchen." He muttered under his breath.

The Doctor turned towards the monster filled chaos and began his assault. Two daggers slammed into the chests of a pair of large shaggy beasts. They quickly burst into flames, and ran screaming from the battle. His saber sheared of the wing of a bat-like beast, and with a strange utterance a large, dark, reptillian creature was restrained by ethereal shackles.

Octavius began to laugh but was cut short as a large horned humanoid burst up from the ground in front of him. The creature wrapped its arms around him and squeezed with all its strength. Octavius's arms snapped under the pressure, and he could feel his ribs shatter. He just smiled and opened his mouth. His fangs seemed to grow and multiply as his jaw unhinged. He clamped his mouth around the creatures neck and a great gout of blood spewed forth.

The creature quickly lost its grip and fell to its knees. Octavius didn't release his fanged grip on the beasts neck. The dark blood ran out around his mouth and splattered on the ground, though most of it was consumed by him. As the last of the creature's life force was drained the Doctor looked up at the nearest beast with unrestrained pleasure filling his eyes. His chest expanded, and his arms snapped back in place as the blood coursed through his body. The creature before him turned to run, but the Doctor tackled him with unnatural strength and drained it as well. A psychotic smile emblazoned on his face, he set to work ridding the castle of its unwelcome guests, and collecting specimens for his future research.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the energy exploded from Nobunaga, Octavius stood up from his latest kill, with several of the larger monstrosities shackled around him. His jaw cracked back in its rightful place though his face was covered in warm blood. He sheathed his saber and walked over to the collapsed lord.

Seemingly ignorant of the fact that his blood covered form may cause the girl any distress. Through the crimson mess though, his smile was once again kindly and warm.

Looking between the passed out lord and the neko, he chuckled then said, "You have done a great service this day young Katzchen. What you have done with your beauty and warmth, would have taken all our strength and skill of steel and sorcery. We could not have done this deed without the loss of many lives. For the moment, however, I would suggest you remain near Herr Nobunaga. It is to be inferred by his reactions that a softer awakening would be found in your face, than in the hollow mercies of his court healers. It is assured that he will recover, as I shall attend to him personally should his state falter. At this moment all I am capable of doing is speeding his recovery to consciousness. Any further healing, I am quite certain, his own abilities will take care of."

He moved his hand in the air and a large green symbol began to glow beneath them. It was nearly twelve feet across, with Nobunaga at its center. The whole courtyard seemed to warm with its glow, and any within the symbol could feel a revitalizing wave of energy flow through them.

Though he seemed to whisper, all those on the battlefield could hear his next words clearly, "Though the beasts be defeated, do not forget that there remain 'other' sources of discontent within this castle."

DoC13X
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yushia on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:51 pm

Rai felt the wind whip at his face as Nobunaga let out a last gust of energy and fell to the ground. Emiko, clad only in her jacket and beat-up scarf, ran towards Nobunaga. Her dress, shoes and gloves lay on the ground near himself and Mitsuhide.
Emiko knelt down beside him, buttoning her jacket a little as she did, keeping herself covered. Her fingers brushed against his face lightly as she looked down at him with her bright pink eyes. Then, the other knight Octavius, walked over to the couple covered in blood.

Rai coughed, picking up his sword and slid it back into its sheath. He assessed his wounds "Couple broken ribs, and bruises all over...I'll live." He looked at Nobunagas ashen face and sighed in relief. Emiko did it. He stooped down to pick up the girls dress, boots and gloves. Seeing that Mitsuhide was also fine, he started to walk towards the trio when Octavius waved his hand. Suddenly, a large green symbol began to glow beneath them. It was nearly twelve feet across, with Nobunaga at its center. Rai looked down at his feet and could feel a creeping warmth spread throughout his body. His broken ribs began to stitch themselves together, and after a few seconds he was fully healed. He pressed a hand on his chest and smiled "Nice magic trick."
Rai walked over to Emiko and tapped her shoulder, avoiding eye contact as she was barely dressed. "Ah, here's your clothes..." He handed the articles of clothes and slowly walked backwards.

Then Octavius seemed to whisper, but all those on the battlefield could hear his next words clearly, "Though the beasts be defeated, do not forget that there remain 'other' sources of discontent within this castle." He looked up Thats right...those other two. Rai looked up towards Nobunaga and Emiko, then looked up at Mitsuhide and Octavius. "What should we do?" He asked.
ImageImage

Yushia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord__Nobunaga on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:14 am

Mangus stooped downward and picked up his lord gentally, "milady i shall take my lord to his chambers youare welcome to join him" Magnus said walking into thecastle, once reaching the bedroom he silently left his lord in his bed before moving outside to begin repair on the gardens, "Zetta please assist me with this, as for the rest of you we shall keep in contact...please do as you wish for now..."

Lord__Nobunaga
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DoC13X on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:25 am

"What should we do?" Rai asked.

Octavius exhaled slowly, closed his eyes and inhaled. With the inhale the blood covering him seemed to sink into his skin and clothing, not even leaving the slightest stain. "It would be my suggestion that the Kaiser and the young Katzchen be secured within a defensible locale. Magnus, Zetta, their lives are in your capable hands, I know you will perform admirably should they come under attack. The intruders seek something within this place. That much we know for a certainty; be it wealth or power, it is valuable. There is a pulchritude of artifacts of arcane value within my chambers beneath the east tower. We do not know the extent of our intruders' knowledge, therefore we do not know if they will understand the value of such things. The treasury itself is, of course, a more obvious target for simple thieves. Assassins would target the Kaiser and his family, thus Rai may be a target. You can take care of yourself, though a companion would be advised. Remember now all personal grudges that may be held against any of us. In that knowledge we may understand the nature of our enemies. I go now to secure my chambers, then I shall begin searching the remainder of the castle."

His lengthy speech over, Octavius turns and begins to walk away. He stops for a moment, and turns toward Emiko. "If the worst should befall you and Magnus and Zetta fail; Run. Do not hesitate, run. Our enemies are skilled and you are weak in combat. Transform and evade, seek out the places where they can not follow. It always saddens my spirit to see such beauty leave this world, thus your death would be most upsetting Katzchen. I have not even had the chance to formally introduce myself. A thing I shall correct when this is over." He smiled then continued his unhurried walk out of the courtyard and towards the east tower.

((OOC: Just a little random info. Octavius has been at the castle for about 6 years, and serves Nobunaga by conducting magical research. Anyone who has been in the castle in that time knows who he is. Due to his reclusive nature nobody knows much about him except that he came from a land across the ocean, knows more about the magical nature of things than any one man should, and is quite insane. Hope that's okay with you.))

DoC13X
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kunoichi Himeko on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:26 pm

As Nobunaga was carried to his chambers, Emiko was not far behind him. She had taken her clothing from Rai, thinking it was kinda funny the way he'd acted around her. She wasn't used to that sort of thing. It wasn't a big deal to her, but gentlemen had a habit of not looking at a woman not fully clothed out of respect. That made her feel very happy. She did, however, redress as soon as she found an empty room. She was very quick about is so she didn't loose Nobunaga. Once she was in his chamber, she sat quietly near his bed, watching him as he rested. She knew it was rude to stare at people, but she couldn't help herself.

Kunoichi Himeko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord__Nobunaga on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:23 pm

Nobunaga sleepily opened his eyes in a daze and muttered something in a forign language,he continued this for nearly ten minutes before falling silent and staring aounrd the room seemingly in a dream

Lord__Nobunaga
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MitsuhideAkechi on Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:20 pm

As everything now died down and the area was cleared he followed Rai and listened into the conversation him and another were having, he heard the others name being mentioned and had only heard tales of him. he pushed those tales aside and stayed back making sure everything else around her wasnt going to go nuts and try to kill everyone. He chuckled at the thought.

(( OOC: sorry guys for not posting ive been busy the past few days with college coursework. please correct me if you want something added to this post. ))
Darkness Is A Mystery To All But Me. You Will Soon Find Out What Creeps In The Shadows.

Because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever - R.I.P Grandad, you are missed greatly :'(

MitsuhideAkechi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DoC13X on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:36 pm

Octavius silently walked down the empty hall towards the east tower. He waved his hand in the air as he walked and several different colored balls of light sprung to life in the air before him. As his eyes darted from light to light they finally settled on a small light pink one, and a dark gray one with a thin fiery crest floating before it.

The two lights drew near him and as they grew close to each other, a third light joined them. "Most interesting..." To call the third one a light is an inaccurate observation, because it was black. The black light swirled around and between the other two in a figure eight pattern.

"The players of this game never cease to amaze me. Struggling towards one as you are severed from another Kaiser, though never can one truly escape their past. As for your connection..." He reached out and grabbed the dark gray orb, "We shall see what we know of you."

A bright green flame flashes in the air, and all but the three orbs he was concentrating on disappeared. In their place floated a large dusty black tome. It opened up and the pages flipped as if by a strong gust of wind. The pages suddenly stopped, and displayed before him was the same crest as the one on the orb in his hand. "An ancient line it would seem. It will be most pleasing to see what comes of the part played by this son of the Akechi. His connection to the Kaiser will reveal itself in the fullness of time, though as a powerful warrior I would hope it does not bring us in conflict. I have never had a chance to study the powers of the Akechi clan, thus your arrival is a most fortuitous event."

The tome slammed shut and the Doctor turned his attention to the small pink orb. The black orb continued to swirl around it. "Herr Nobunaga has taken a great interest in you Katzchen.... Hm... I have not seen one such as you for a very long time, Katzchen." Octavius shook his head, and for the first time in decades the smile faded from his face. "Suffering for no reason, save that you were born. Yet, somehow, though broken, your spirit is still intact. Fortune smiled upon you this day Katzchen, for had Herr Nobunaga not saved you this day you would have endured such atrocities as even I would not permit. It would seem you have already suffered from one."

Octavius snapped his fingers and the orbs and tome vanished. The smile returned to his face and he began to hum a strange tune as he continued to his chambers.

DoC13X
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bluefall on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:13 am

Stepping into the battle arena brought on a familiar nostalgia. Not for a very long while had he killed for money. The guards and soldiers clashed with civilians and the elites, and all was great fun. The two main participants it would seem were Magnus and Zetta, stealing the thunder from any would be great hero. He had been looking forward to taking them on. As his contestants entered along side him, the fight began. Oh well, he thought, at least he would have some fun.

"Hahaha! You should leave now, geezer, before you get hurt," began the first soldier.
"I am certainly an old man, you should go easy on me!" My voice high pitched and gleeful in tone; I couldn't help but toy with him.
"Not likely, you're dead meat if you don't leave now."
"Just make sure you season me with lots of cracked pepper, cumin and italian seasoning, so I'll taste right." The man, having been riled farther than he had planned on being, rushed at me with his pike leading the way. "Eheh, you're a tough one, you should be in a stronger league." My short staff, with my left hand on the knotted top, slipped out from under me and I fell forward a little, missing the pike by a few inches. The bottom tip of the staff came up and poked him hard in the nose as he came forward. "Oh, sorry lad, my mistake." As I come crashing to the ground, I hobble around the arena, sometimes kneeling. "Now, where did I put my glasses?"
"Why you little punk!!" He threw his pike at me hard and flung out a saber.
"What did you say?" I replied while whipping around, my short staff swinging wildly and throwing his pike to the right harmlessly, "I'm hard of hearing. Have you seen my glasses?"
"GrrrRRR!" He couldn't handle any more, he came at me, and having not learned his lesson he led with his saber.
"Ooh, dear..." I ominously began. I placed my staff in between himself and me, thereby knocking his saber arm to the right. "Oh, don't hurt me!" I raised my right hand to cover my face and my left (with my staff) up high as he had jumped. The gnarl of the staff caught his neck and effectively stopped the top half of his body. The bottom half, on the other hand, continued and flipped him out of the ring. "Well, serves him right for attacking a defenseless old man. I hobble off the stage and off to the side.

Eagerly awaiting the next bout, I stood there and watched as Magnus delicately (if you could call a giant delicate) disarmed and incapacitated three guards at once. I could see where he would rather not kill them as they are his own guards, sworn to protect the same city and ruler he was. I was very disappointed to see the fight come to an abrupt end when Nobunaga protected the cat girl. But the moment I set eyes on her, they were no longer stuck to my head. They shot out and took her in, every last inch. A dirty old man, some have called me...

As I walked toward the castle, meaning to talk to somebody about the outrage at the arena, I ended up bumping into a man searching for a job. After he told me his name and asked me if I knew where an open employer was, I put a silver coin in his hand and told him to meet me at the castle later.

bluefall
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bluefall on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:38 am

Wondering if the fight would commence the next day, I went to the front gate to address the guard.

"No, sir, I'm sorry but the King has not given word about the continuation about the fight," replied a young-ish guard, sporting a tail, a pike, and clawed feet.
"Well, can I ask him myself!? I'm kinda impatient, I am an old man, you know."
"Well, he is usually accepting of guests, I don't see why not."

Please enter the castle and wait on the first bench you see." He led me inside after a man and his daughter, showing me the bench he spoke of. I eyed the daughter suspiciously, but thought it better to keep my attention focused on the tasks at hand. For a time, I was impatiently waiting for his majesty to appear and greet me, and at least show me to a room full of beautiful women, but just as I was imagining my future wives pouring through a doorway, a boy did, instead. He ran past, and I heard a few words between him and the guards outside, and he returned the way he came, followed by another man.

It wasn't long before I heard a ruckus coming from nearby and thought I might want to check it out. I got up and went toward the sound. I found two dead guards on the floor next to a door, seeing what I knew to be a rather valuable obsidian dagger in one man. "Hmmmm, what is a gem like this doing in such a negative place?" I pulled it out, cleaned it with the unsullied part of the guard's uniform, and stuffed it in my own garment. About that time, I felt a rather dark presence emanating from down the hall a little ways. "Well well, I haven't felt that in quite some time."

Staying against the side of the wall furthest from the direction it turned toward, I slowly crept and saw what I could see. I noticed a young woman being teleported by a man with a dark aura and a boy, and then a set of daggers hitting the floor and creating a rather menacing view of fire restricting entrance to the room it led to.

"Hehehe, what a show!" I said aloud to the boy.

bluefall
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kunoichi Himeko on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:21 pm

Emiko watched Nobunaga looking around slightly as if in a daze. She just smiled, glad to see that he was alright. She couldn't help but be so happy. She was very curious about what he had been saying, but she didn't try to pay it any mind. She looked into Nobunaga's eyes as he looked around the room still. She didn't say anything, not really sure what to say. She wondered if Nobunaga had remembered what all happened earlier. Did he remember everything? She was slightly embarassed because if the sudden course of action she had taken.

Kunoichi Himeko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yushia on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:15 pm

Rai quietly sat in the gardens. The events of today whipped around in his mind. "I guess that old Master taught Nobunaga more than Dark Arts." he sighed. He put his sword down to the slightly charred grass and laid down on his back. "Still reeks of 'evil' over here." he said to himself, breathing in the musky air. "Those two intuders have been quiet for sometime now. Eh, Octavius must have taken care of them or something." He reached up to pull his scarf tighter in the chilly air, but stopped short. "Oh yeah...she has my scarf..." He let his hand rest on his stomach. I wonder if Uncle is okay. Maybe I should-
His tummy made a fierce growling sound and he rubbed it. "heh guess i'm hungry." He lolled around in the grass for a few more minutes then rolled to his feet. He got up, grabbed his sword and walked towards the palace. "Maybe theres still some food left in the kitchen."
He casually walked through the garden, and around the castle. He eventually made it to the front doors and went inside. Rai noticed the body and blood had been cleaned up, replaced by two new guards. They saluted and stood silently. He nodded at them and went into the dining room. The food Emiko had been eating was still there. Strange, why have'nt the maids cleaned it up yet..? But I guess they're too scarred still. He gatthered up the plates and cup half filled with water. He strolled towards the kitchen area and placed the dishes into the sink. ...I guess theres no harm in cleaning them... He gingerly washed all the plates and placed them in the drying rack. He dried his hands with a towel and grabbed a loaf of bread from the small bakery corner. He munched on the scrumptious bread, silently commending the chef for such fine cuisine. He wrapped the unfinished half in cheese cloth, saving it for later.
"Time for some patrolling" He walked in the halls casually looking left and right. You never know when people could bust in through a wall. He walked some more until he came clcose to Uncles bed chambers. "..I should go check on him." Rai casually walked towards his Uncles Bedroom, pulling his sword's belt tightly so it would'nt disturb him.

Yushia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bluefall on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:07 am

The young man rushed past me toward the kitchen, not even noticing me. "I guess he was hungry, ehehe."

I walked back past the front door and out to the guards keeping post at the gate. "What's happening here, what was all that noise I heard? No matter, is that king of yours going to see me tonight or not?"

"The king is a bit tired, sir. Perhaps if you come back tomorrow he will be in a better capacity to greet you," the guard responded.

"Eh?" What a place, oh well it must be something big. I'll have to take my chances another time. I began back toward town, slowly.

bluefall
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DoC13X on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:14 am

After a thorough inspection of his chambers beneath the east tower Octavius decided to begin a sweep of the castle. He walked from room to room, stopping at each for a moment to inspect it with both his enhanced senses, and a quick spell of detection. As he was wandering around he heard one of the guards talking to someone. "The king is a bit tired, sir. Perhaps if you come back tomorrow he will be in a better capacity to greet you," followed by "Eh?". The person they were talking to sounded rather old, well old for a mortal at least.

Thinking that the old man's time was short, and knowing that it would be bad for Nobunaga to fail in addressing the grievances of his people, the Doctor made his way out of the castle. He quickly caught up with the old man. "Perhaps, though the Kaiser be incapacitated at this juncture, you would be willing to speak with another. It may be within my capacity to aid you with your dilemma. The people of these lands are quite important to their ruler, even though he be indisposed. What troubles you old one?"
Last edited by DoC13X on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoC13X
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord__Nobunaga on Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:57 pm

a Dark aura began to form aorund nobunaga almost as if he was growing a shell,he began to speak in tongues again as the darkness encased him filling his woulds and running through his skin

Lord__Nobunaga
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yushia on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:37 pm

Rai slowly creaked the door open. There they were. Emiko was quietly sitting at Nobunagas bedside. faithfully watching Nobunaga as he slept. Nobunaga still had his ripped up clothes on. though his armor had been removed. Rai silently slipped in, quietly shutting the door behind him. He tiptoed towards Emiko and tapped her on the shoulder. "So..How is he?" Rai asked.
Before she had a chance to turn around, Nobunaga started to stir. But it was not to wake up.
A Dark aura started to form around his body and it encased Nobunagas body. Rai immedietly brought his hand onto his sword, thinking those demons might come back. Then, Nobunaga started to speak in toungues, Rai couldn't understand what gibberish he was spewing but they seemed to be healing magic. As soon as he started to mumble the strange words, he wounds that he recieved from earlier started to dissapear as the darkness healed him.

Yushia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bluefall on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:46 pm

Hobbling down the road, I begin to get caught up in my own thoughts, as I sometimes do. It is well known that mortals such as myself are no match in many respects for magic and most mental powers as opposed to immortals, so many years ago I began to devise new and more efficient ways to hop around, to do battle by utilizing every resource available at my disposal, even with my body wasting away in its waning years. It's my personal research and development team. In my sometimes lucrative career, it becomes necessary to distinguish between fantasy daydreaming and constructive visualization. Can't be walking down a dark alley all head-in-the-clouds.

When I feel a powerful presence quickly gaining on me, I stop, straighten my gait, and spread my feet. When he speaks, seemingly in the name of the leader of this kingdom, I quickly brush off my aura of malice and turn to greet the man. "Who you callin old? I'm only 61! Ahem, forgive me, my boy." After a quick assessment I speak again, "Oh, I see, you're older than I am. It is flattering that you find me so golden of years in these human husks. Oh well, such is the Way."

"As a matter of fact, there are some things that can only be answered by the Kaiser himself, and some that you might answer for him. The first question is, I would imagine that the stadium was not built on a whim, or the nation's resources would long ago have been squandered; is the tournament to continue at a later date? I'm sure that if you are able to speak on behalf of the king himself then you are privy to such information. However, I have a proposal for your leader, a proposal that I think he should not consider lightly. This I would prefer not to divulge until his majesty is present, if you would forgive me. The last matter, pertaining to the second matter, is to discuss is that I would like to offer my services to the kingdom. Based on the nature of the second matter itself, I'm throwing that one in there, too."

bluefall
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DoC13X on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:25 am

Octavius couldn't help but laugh at the old man's demeanor. It would seem his wisdom quite outshone his years, but that was expected. Mortals know their time is short and seek to make the most of that short time; a truth he was all too familiar with. He bowed to the old man and addressed him in a respectful tone, "Only 61 you say? Then you are both younger than I am, yet older than I once was. For you see, my mortal life ended on the seventh day of my fifty eighth spring. Beyond my mortal life the count of years hold no true meaning, save as a sequential record of my projects. I hold any who outlasted my own mortal coil in the highest esteem, and refuse to consider you any less than my elder. As for the matter regarding the construction of the tournament stadium..."

Octavius stood up then to speak more directly, the ever present smile etched upon his face, "I believe it was built, not upon a mindless whim, but upon a sudden realization, brought to the Kaiser by an incident and cultivated by his wisdom. Though constructed in a matter of days, I believe it shall see the use of many centuries to come. The economy shall surely benefit from the tournaments to be held there and my own work shall be invested with it in the future."

He then laughed as if at an inside joke. His mind and motives were as clear as chaos, but he still somehow managed to function. "But, I have been rude. Please-I am Doctor Octavius von Striker-Cromwell. It would greatly please me if you would dine with me this evening, for the sun will set soon and the merciless cold of night shall not be kind. Allow also that I offer you quarters for the night. The chambers of the palace are better used for interesting company than the hollow musings of the wind."

DoC13X
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!