Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Redwall: The Season of the Horde

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Re: Redwall: The Season of the Horde

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:09 pm

OOC: Ah! Now we shall see how much of these woodland accents i remember...and i am also assuming that Father Matthias is up for NPC grabs from anyone...and if not then i apologize!!!

IC:

Dark stood in a daze as many beasts milled around her. She stood cold and clammy with her paws jammed at her sides, trying not to lash out in pure reflex, trying to stop herself from accidentally killing one of these many strangebeasts. Something strange was happening to her mind, it was slowly taking here away from the courtyard of this strange place...but before it could get wherever it was drifting, reality yanked her back hard to where she had been. A dibbun was yanking at her paw, the young vole had a curious expression on her face.

"Pardon me marm...but why is your pelt black? Have you fallen into a pile of soot?"

Dark ripped her paw from the grasp of this strangebeast and staggered back, her free hand flashing to the hilt of her smoked blade...

Before she could do something she regretted, a voice pealed out over all the gathered beasts.

"Come now, my friends...is this how we greet visitors?" The voice chuckled and Dark calmed instantly at the warm tones, "Oh yes...of course it is!"

Her vision came back to her in that strange moment, in a fog she watched the Abbot stroll down the steps from the main gatehouse towards the pair of them. She was somehow reminded of Martin the Warrior, reminded of the sight of him walking towards her. Both the warrior and this old and frail mouse wore the same expression--that of genuine compassion. She clenched her paw and stood there for a moment, still unsure of what to do...

The vole maid was looking at the black pelted otter with worry in her eyes, but Dark was not watching the little one. She had eyes for the Abbot alone. What connection did this mouse have with the warrior martin?

Whatever the strange thing was, she felt that she no longer wanted to punish the foolish little one for touching her...and she felt the anxiety in her heart settling a little. The beast purred in its sleep and she looked around at all the strangebeasts...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:10 pm

"Dark, this otter...I must know exactly where she has gone!" Kanysin said with heightened urgency, whipping around in alarm sure that he had heard the impatient growling of a certain wildcat, "I must make chase, she is a danger to not only herself, but to every beast near her..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:32 pm

Tarkin, pulled back slightly wondering why all of the sudden Kanysin was acting so strange. "I..She went to Redwall, the abbey about six days walk to the east, all you have to do is follow the river, its only about three days by boat." Tarkin replied staring at Kanysin, a worried look on his face.
Image Image Image Image

Drako11
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:06 am

Kanysin relaxed. At least now he knew where the black pelted soot stain was! He chewed on his whiskers thoughtfully, and gave the otter a wink, "I apologize for giving you a turn, mate. It's quite urgent that i find the girl, but i would not overturn your hospitality!"

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:48 am

"It's ok brother, I know you were just getting a bit worried", Tarkin replied winking back. FInishing off his scone he walked to the end of the entrance tunnel. "It's getting late, you can bed down here for the night, then tomorrow I'll have the chefs prepare you a sack of provisions for the rest of your journey", Tarkin said smiling, "Good night mate, you can have the hammock next to mine if you like". Tarkin said springing up into a root woven hammock and immediately falling asleep.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:41 am

Kanysin laid back next to the otter, and thought vaguely that he would have liked to grow up in this holt. It was a strange moment, knowing that if any of the brothers or sisters of his Coven could know what he was thinking, what he was considering..they would kill him instantly. He was actually thinking that he would like to be somewhere else than the Coven? Wasn't that the same treacherous thoughts that the Darkling had? As he lay there in the quiet, he thought for a moment that he understood why the black pelted soot stain had run...

That was too much. He drew his blade in one smooth motion and put it against his his neck fur, but something stopped him just as he was about to score his own flesh. What stopped him? He thought he could hear the voice of someone calling his name, trying to get him to come home--(to his real home) but then again it could only have been an echo...

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:05 pm

"Congradulations." Gliff whispered to dark."You just got touched and didnt punish yourself for it." He then took a position where he could quickly grab her daggers incase he had reminded her to do so. "Umm helo father abbot. Before we get into too far of conversation, my friend here has a bad wound on her side. She needs expert attention as soon as possible."
Please Go Here and Register So i Can Get A FREE IPOD TOUCH!!
http://www.YouriPodTouch4free.com/index.php?ref=4974629

Bane1150
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:19 pm

Dark was still in a strange state, staring at the Father with her jaw agape. The manners the Coven had taught her vanished and all preambles and curteous greetings were lost on her.

"Tell me all you know of Martin the Warrior!" She stepped towards the frail mouse, drawing her smoked blade and pointing it at the beast. Her voice was trembling in her fear, her angst, her confusion, "Why do you remind me of him, why does the sight of your strange visage bring me back to the memories, the recalling of the vision..."

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:52 pm

Gliff quickly grabed Dark's wrist and twisted the knife out of her hand. "Dark, thats not necessary here. This is a place of peace. I'm sure the good abbot will tell you everything he knows."

Bane1150
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:05 am

The beast reared its head and lunged for Gliff, but Dark managed to keep its primal urges at bay. She let the otter take her treasured blade but she kept her cold hard eyes on the Abbot, "Father Abbot, this means more to me than what you could ever know. A mouse called Martin came to me in a vision and said i must go here. When i look at you, i am reminded of that vision. Explain this to me at once, or i draw the other blade."

She did not say it meanly, or aggresively. Just matter of factly. The Coven had taught her to take what she wanted, for she was the Darkling! Now in this moment all she wanted were answers...

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:30 pm

OOC: Am I supposed to be making the Abbot talk??? I was just using him as an NPC anyone can use him.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:14 pm

OOC: o! I apologize! In a moment I'll make a post with the Abbot, my bad.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:54 pm

Dyrin sighed as he leaned against the tiller of the longship. This is the life, he thought to himself as he watched the forest slip by, the dragonflys zipping in and out of the cattails lining parts of the bank, watching the birds sail overhead, sometimes dipping down to nip at small bugs on the water. Dyrin had not found the perfect place for a home for his tribe, but he would, soon he would. He hoped Dark wouldn't do anything rash while he was gone, but he was pretty confident Gliff could control her.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:00 pm

The Father looked long and hard at the young otter's black visage. His gaze was neither alarmed nor judgemental, he was simply watching the beast with a mixture of understanding and genuine sadness. Dark felt her insides squirm, she did not want to be pitied, all she wanted were answers.

"Perhaps, Miss, you and your otter friend would like to journey inside the Abbey." Mattias said finally, calmly, after some thought, "Not only to discuss this matter further, but i doubt that you would like to stay out the duration of your visit standing in the courtyard."

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:27 pm

"That would be much enjoyed." Gliff answered.

Bane1150
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:10 am

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in awhile!! We better get Kanysin on his way!

"Here you go my brother, and safe journey!" Tarkin said to Kanysin, handing him a large satchel of food. "I hope you find Dark, and bring her back safe and sound! Remember Redwall is six days journey to the east, just follow the river!" Tarkin said waving as Kanysin began to leave.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:13 pm

OOC: My four character's can't possibly hope to bring back Dark on their own....anyone want to volunteer to control maybe a notorious band of vermin ruffians who my villains can team up with to try and storm the abbey? Or something of that vein...I'm just throwing it out there, we don't need it at the moment. You know...a horde to fit...the title? :P

IC:

"Six days journey to the east..." Kanysin muttered, shouldering the sac. His eyes were bright and his visage flitting with all sorts of strange emotions as his whiskers twitched in a rather spaztic motion, "That is good to know..." raising his voice, the Brother Otter went into sweeping bow that made his hood fall forwards, covering his face even more, "A shame i could not grace you with my blade tricks...perchance when we have caught Dark and settled her down my troupe and i will entertain thee..."

The Brother otter saluted Tarkin heartily and then spun on his paws and melted into the bramble.

Kanysin walked along with the afternoon sunlight streaming through the trees. He followed the river east a ways, not sure where the others had gone. Then, the second he heard a growl he knew he had better brace himself.

Scethirin came charging out of the undergrowth, his eyes flashing and his claws outstretched. The wildcat tackled his brother otter to the ground and pinned him effectively with his larger, furry mass. Scethirin had his fangs bared as he slammed his paws onto the earth on either side of the otters head. The wildcat was spitting in fury and murder gleamed in his scarlet eyes.

"YOU LET THEM TOUCH YOU!!! YOU ARE UNCLEAN!"

Kanysin squirmed, but he was no match for the wildcats brute strength. He gritted his teeth and stared back in the circles of garnet that were now narrowed in intense hatred, "I had to do it, Brother. I know where the Darkling is hiding!"

The fury in the wildcats eyes abated only slightly, and the beast lightened a bit. Kanysin welcomed this chance at breath and let a sliver of it fill his lungs before he spoke again.

"Six days east up the river, at the Abbey of Redwall just as you said."

"Of course." Scethirin looked truly mad as he pondered these things for a moment. Then his anger at his brother otter returned, and he snarled, "And what shall we do with you..."

"The Elders would excuse this, as long as it gets the Darkling back into its clutches." Kanysin gasped as the wildcats crushing weight threatened once more his ability to speak, "I...uunng..."

"You're going to kill him, Brother!" Although Kanysin could not see her with the wildcats sharp features so close to his own, the Brother Otter could hear Sister Tadithar's voice as she stepped into the clearing, "The Elders would not approve of killing one of our own, that's for sure..."

"I am not so sure that he is one of ours any longer." Scethirin dug his claws into the Earth in his fury, still staring down mutinously at the small otter, "He accepted trinkets from them, food."

"All in good reasoning." Kanysin gasped yet again, feeling the handle of Scethirin's axe dig into his own ribs, "If we approach the Abbey with such trinkets, we may be able to trick its inhabitants into believing that the nature of our visit is purely for sport. We have visited their friends the river otters, we would most likely be welcomed with open...open...."

Scethirin was digging his forearm into the Brother Otters throat. Kanysin realized too late that the wildcat was reaching around to draw his battleaxe, soon the pitted silver metal was inches from his yellowed eyes. In his strange position, the otter looked up past the wickedly sharp blade and into the narrowed slits of the wildcat.

"I was watching you carefully, Brother. Being amongst your own kind has planted seeds in your mind, seeds that i hope will never sprout and grow." Again the blade pressed in closer to his furry face, "Or i will not hesitate to cut you down..."

Taking the back seat as usual, Kanysin heard Mesalin clearing his throat softly, "If its a six day trip, shouldn't we head out then..."

Scethirin was suddenly up and away, whirling into the bramble along the river. Tadithar gave her Brother otter a swift searching glare before twitching her ears and stalking off as well after the wildcat. Mesalin remained behind, giving the otter a paw to his feet.

"Aye, rough business that." The ferret still had his northern corsair accent, not even the Coven had been able to take that from him, "Stand tall, mate."

The ferret brushed leaves and dust off of Kanysin's pelt, and patted him on the shoulder, "you did good, despites whatever Scethirin says. Shall we head on then? Black pelted little soot stain...we'll find her yet!"

With that the ferret practically skipped off. Kanysin was left standing alone into the clearing...

Before he trudged off after the others, he let that old otter folk tune fly from his lips in a sad, melodic whistle... the song from his childhood (A better time)...

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:10 pm

OOC: Great Post!! I will post soon I am a little busy today!

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:26 pm

The Abbot lead the two otters across the courtyard and up the wide flagstone steps and into the heart of the Abbey. Dark padded along silently, her eyes darting too and fro as her piercing eyes roved over her surroundings. Her step was not as smooth as it could be, it was marred with a slight limp brought on by her steadily healing wound, but this did not hinder her perceptive abilities. She picked up every minute detail and little thing about the Abbey as she went deeper and deeper into its heart. Inwardly she was tense and coiled as a spring, ready to snap at the slightest prompt. On the outside however, she retained her usual distant and detached manner--although she was chewing on her whiskers furiously. The Abbot caught her keen and dissecting gaze, and smiled at her kindly.

"I see you looking at our Abbey with such a severe look in your eye, my child. This place has stood against many trials and tribulations in the past, and i do hope to the Fates that it will continue to stand in the woodland forest,"

Dark was still gripping the handle of her smoked blade with one paw. She stared back steadily at the Abbot, sparing not a glance for Gliff the otter who stood at her side, "Do the creatures on this side of the Great Divide oftentimes show this much kindness to pure strangers?"

Father Matthias gave the otter another kind smile, "Yes, my child. I can tell that you have come from a past as bleak and dark as your pelt. We welcome the timely arrival of two such warriors, though." The mouse glanced over his shoulders to make sure that nobeast was listening, "There is tension in the woodlands..."

"What sort of tension?" Dark asked, curious against herself. She was starting to get the feeling that the Fates had let her escape from the Coven for a reason...and if this Wallred Abbey place was to be the reason, then she might as well know the whole story was going down.

"You spoke and said that you had visions of our Martin of Redwall." The soft green habit of the elderly mouse brushed the marble floor as he practically skipped in delight, "This can only mean that you are to be our next Champion!"

"Champion against what?" Dark's eyes were narrowed in a calculating manner. She watched the Abbot carefully, trying to discern what the old mouse wanted. Her grip on her blade tightened but the mouse was not deterred from his manic jig.

"Word has reached us from visiting members of the Long Patrol that there is a grand and sweeping horde coming from the far north. What they want and who leads them we do not know, but all we do know is that when the time comes we will need a handful of warriors to be there to take the sword and defend the Abbey."

There was a strange feeling in Dark's stomach. She looked down and realized that this was simply because her wounds had started bleeding again. She clutched a paw to this surprise and looked over at the frail mouse with a strange look in her eye before the pain enveloped her in a swoon once more, and she toppled senseless to the floor.

OOC: Haha I've been making loads of posts....ya'll can take care of her again!! :P

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:31 am

"Alright ye lazy mutton 'eads!! Get ye butts movin or I'll lash ye to a tree and skin yor' 'ide offen' ye'!!" Grimfang snarled at his army of assorted stoats, weasels, ferrets, and rats, as they struggled through the swamp they had run into not four days from the abbey. They had been held up for two days now in the deep slimy muck of the swamp, constantly being attacked by frogs, lizards, pike, and snakes. Now almost the whole army was across, except for Grimfangs pride and joy. His trebuchet, nicknamed, The Abbey's Death, for which it had been built for.

Grimfang was a slightly tall, thick built stoat. He had once been a captain on the vessel, The Deadcorpse. One night his vessel had been wrecked just off shore in the high north. Only Grimfang had survived, and after struggling for a week he had made his way to a norther village, of which after he had gained his strength back he had taken over. He was a fierce looking stoat. He had chestnut brown fur, with a long thick braided beard, mangled distorted ears, and a scarred face. He carried a heavy pike his weapon of choice, along with a dirk he carried for close combat.

Along time ago he had heard a of the great Redwall Abbey, full of riches, and beasts that could be sold into slavery. He had dreamed for years of taking that abbey for his own, and using it as a base of operations to one day rule all of mossflower and beyond. After taking rule of the northern village, a village of vermin, his dream began to become reality. He had ordered the construction of the massive catapult, and after it was complete he had begun a long strenuous march along the coast towards mossflower. For six months they had marched, over mountains, across rivers, through hostile territory, all along the way collecting more vermin for his horde. Now his horde numbered in the thousands, and along with his trebuchet he would take over Redwall and rule mossflower!! If only he could get past this accursed swamp! "ARRGGH!!! Put ye backs into it!" Grimfang roared, jumping off the rock he had been perched on. He stormed up to the group of vermin pushing the trebuchet through the thick sucking mud and began beating on them, forcing them to give all they had.
-------------------------------------------------

Dyrin sighed. He stood in a large clearing surrounded, by a mass of trees, some bigger then four beasts arms outstretched. This was the place, the water was deep here perfect for docking ships, off to the right a large patch of wild vegetables and such grew it would be perfect for a garden. The wood would be perfect for building ships, and there was enough cleared land for his whole tribe, if they out grew it they could easily clear more. "Alright lads, this is it lets get to work!" Dyrin yelled out to a group of squirrels who stood on the shore of the river. All the squirrels cheered, then began work on a dock, and a makeshift stockade that a group of the squirrels would stay in and begin work on the village, while Dyrin and the rest went back to their homeland and brought everyone back.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!