Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Redwall: The Season of the Horde

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Re: Redwall: The Season of the Horde

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:00 pm

((OOC:Gliff says,"Good Gosh! screw her! i give up! i try to help but she wont stop makeing herself black out!" walks off down the great hall tward the wine cellars. jk lol))

Gliff sighed. "Wheres the doctor at? Shes got a deep gash in her side from where she tangled with a fish." Gliff picked the otter up and started to carry her in the direction the abbot led him. Once they reached the infirmery ((or whatever its called)) the abbot cleared a bed and called sister Rolo over. Rolo unraveled the bandages and shriekedat the wound. "Bless the seasons! look at that!" she said, "Its slightly infected... Nothing i cant fix. Ill just whip up some warm nettle tea and the antidote, and she'll be back on her feet in no time." "Good, good. Lets see about some vittles for our new friends." The Abbot answered. The abbot left down the stairs. Gliff stayed for a while watching. He walked over and took the daggers from Dark agian. "If she wakes up and asks for these come get me" he told Rolo. He then walked off down the stairs to find the abbot.
Please Go Here and Register So i Can Get A FREE IPOD TOUCH!!
http://www.YouriPodTouch4free.com/index.php?ref=4974629

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bane1150
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:20 pm

OOC: Not sure if this is the place to discuss it, but Drako? Mind if your Grimfang knows my Mesalin?? That would effectively merge the two main antagonist groups at this point.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:27 pm

OOC: Sure we could do it that way, or I was thinking maybe your group would run into my horde. Mesalin, seeing an opportunity to gain enough fire power to storm the abbey, challenges Grimfang, and winning takes over the horde. He may just force Grimfang into submission, I don't know. Just some ideas :)
Image Image Image Image

Drako11
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:15 pm

OOC: Although since my group is heading right straight up the river towards the Abbey...it would work better if your Grimfang sent out scouts ahead to scope out the Abbey, (where they intercept my villains) simply for the reason that a horde wouldn't be tramping around that close to the Abbey or that close to any holt. You know what i mean? Sorry, just throwing stuff out there. What i meant about Mesalin was that Grimfang and Mesalin could have been corsairs together back in the day before Mesalin was taken by the Coven....

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:20 pm

OOC: OHHH! I get it now!! Sure that will work great!

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:42 pm

OOC: Sorry, I've been waiting for you to write another post...haha silly me, want me to go ahead? I just thought you were going to post another character one with Grimfang sending out his scouts...

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:37 pm

OOC: I figured, that your group wasn't anywhere near the Abbey yet, but if they are I can send out scouts.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:52 am

The four tramped alongside the river for the day, Scethirin and Tadithar leading with Mesalin and Kanysin bringing up the rear.

Kanysin kept shooting daggers up ahead as he watched the wildcat stalk with the vixen at his heels. Scethirin had scared him with his voracious attacks, with the hatred in his words. The Brother Otter knew that he would have to answer to the Elders, but the feeling in the back of his mind let him know that he was starting to not care. A part of him wanted to slip into the river and swim back to the holt, and perchance beg to live there with the other otters of his kind...

He chased these rebellious thoughts from his mind instantly, knowing once more that his mind had been opened to spectulation that would have instantly gotten him killed if he were back home at the Coven. Mesalin kept glancing back at his Brother Otter, and looked confused at the brooding expression on his features.

"Still thinking about the Darkling, 'eh?"

"Sure." The Otter said quietly, matching his pawsteps so that he stayed a safe piece behind the wildcat, who was walking powerfully. Kanysin had no doubt that his Brother was listening to every word he spoke, "When we find her, we will drag her back to where she belongs..."

"Or kill her!" Mesalin patted his faithful scimitar with one of his paws, a broad grin on his face as he looked about, "Aiyo, check out that babbling river, ah! Fancy a swim?"

"Our brother otter has already taken a dip in the river, a move of fellowship between he and the other otters in the strangebeasts holt." Scethirin whirled suddenly, his red eyes narrowed and penetrating even from as far away as he was. The wildcat placed his hands on the handle of his battleaxe, "No, Brother Ferret. He does not fancy a swim."

Kanysin bit back a retort, and simply yanked his black hood up higher to cover his face. Scethirin whirled again and continued. Tadithar gave Kanysin that searching look again...but then she followed Scethirin once more.

"Mindless." Kanysin breathed, sure that the river would cover up his words, "They're both mindless. Tadithar is in love with the killer wildcat, at Scethirin is so blind he can't see what's in front of him..."

"oooo....i'm gonna pretend i didn't hear that..." Mesalin clamped his paws over his ears and looked troubled, "Kanysin me brother....what's gotten into you?"

"Not a thing." Kanysin trudged off again, that ottertune still stuck in his head....

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:58 am

"How is the child?" The Father asked Gliff, folding his arms inside of his soft green habit. The old gnarled mouse radiated true compassion and interest, "She will, i hope, be well?"

Dark came back to consciousness with a foul taste in her mouth.

"Assault!" She spat, baring her teeth in her strange groggy state as she turned her head away, "What have you done?"

"Come now missy, its warm nettle tea 'twont do you 'ne harm!" Sister Rolo chided, spooning another douse of the foul concoction into the black pelted otter's mouth, "It's all for the better..."

Dark twisted madly, but was rewarded with a terrible ripping pain in her side. She whimpered as her wound throbbed and ached once more, and then gave a snarl of rage when the kind Sister rapped her hard on the head with the wooden spoon.

"None of that now, you wild beast! I've just stitched you up, and i will have none of your mad floundering! You will sit and you will drink this broth!"

Dark glowered at the mouse, "I will feed myself."

"Fine, as long as its gone." Sister Rolo bustled away and started mixing herbs for another herbal press, "How in the world did you get such a chunk bitten out of ye, missy?"

"The foolery of squirrels..." Dark said fervently, rolling her eyes, "...knows no bounds...."

She was a pushy mouse, and a strangebeast at that...but there was something familiar in the way she barked orders, almost as though Dark were back home in the Coven. The Covenmaster, that strange gnarled mouse who had known of Martin the warrior...had she been taken from one cult and dumped into the arms of another?

Dark's took another spoonfull of the broth, and felt it burning her throat. It tasted disgusting, but truthfully she had forcibly taken worse things in her life. She drank the rest.

"There you are, that wasn't so terrible?" Sister Rolo tisked, coming back over to take the bowl, "You'll be right as rain in a few days, you watch!"

Dark sat back and closed her eyes once more. What a strange place...

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:13 pm

"Alright! She's on dry land now everyone take a rest!" Grimfang roared. Finally his precious catapult was free of the accursed sucking mud of the swamp. He could tell his troops were becoming mutinous, they needed to rest. "Alright! Listen up you swabs!! It's only a day and a half march to Redwall form here. We'll make camp early today, ale and extra rations for everyone!! Oh and Skinbad break out that cheese your hoarding!" Grimfang watched as the horde cheered and began pitching tents, and feasting. 'So gullible...So easy to manipulate' he thought.

"Wretch!", Grimfang yelled. A sturdy, fierce rat stepped forward. "Aye sir?" the rat asked. "Your in charge until I get back, see to it that the horde is ready to march, when I return", Grimfang said motioning for two weasels to come with him. "Aye sir", Wretch replied, skulking off to feast. Grimfang sneered then walked off into the woods towards Redwall, the two weasels following behind.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:51 pm

"Tis quite a day for sailin'!" Mesalin said cheerfully, contrasting Kanysin's dark mood wonderfully. The Brother ferret was practically skipping along and his eyes gleamed with a manic light that not even the Coven had been able to tame, "Even this far inland i can tell that it would be awful fair weather for casting sails and prancing about on deck!" The ferret even had the gall to do a little jig, "Can't you just feel it?"

"No." Kanysin said with complete and total honesty, thwacking his rudder hard against the riverbank as he trudged on, "Not at all."

Scethirin and Tadithar were still ahead, walking now with an increased urgency in their step. Kanysin dearly wanted to slow down to a standstill and loose the pair of them...

Tadithar turned and looked back. The vixen threw her paws to her hips and glared, "OY! You slowbeasts, pick up the pace we aint got all day!"

"Aye, Sister we're coming!" Mesalin grunted, and jogged the rest of the way untill he was tagging along at his Sister Vixen's heels. Kanysin sped up as well but not with so much alacrity.

"You seem to like to be by yourself all of a sudden, Brother." Scethirin said, still not turning to look the otter in the eye, "Is there something that you want to tell us? I assure you that your private thoughts are nothing that can't be shared with the brothers and sister of your coven."

"I have nothing to say, my brother." Kanysin replied quickly, knowing that he would not have said anything else, "I am only waiting anxiously until we capture the Darkling..."

"Has anybeast actually stopped to consider how we're going to take the Darkling by force?" Mesalin asked, looking around as the group proceeded, "If the gel is holding up at the abbey, there's no way we can drag her out of there..."

"I'm sure if we smooth our fur and ask politely, that their Covenmaster will let us have her." Scethirin said smoothly, his red eyes flashing, "We all can be charming when the moment calls for it, and if i am correct then the darkling has exploded in temperment enough. Soon the beasts will be glad to be rid of her."

"Maybe she'll kill one of them." Tadithar giggled, her ears perking, "She always did have a terrible temper..."

"You know not of what you speak, Tadithar." Scethirin said with disgust, and the vixen shrank from her Elder Brother's harsh tones, "You speak as though the darkling were a normal beast....as though her anger were her own...you all have heard the legends, but did you know that they're actually true?"

A silence fell over the other three.

"T-They're true?" Kanysin had a hard time believing this, "All the talk the Elders did of what is hiding inside the beast....there really is a monster inside of her?"

"She is not right up here." Scethirin tapped his temple with a sturdy claw and grinned evilly, "Hopefully the beast will snap and the Abbeybeats will thrust her right back into our open arms..."

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:15 pm

"I am not sure father. I hope she is alright. Sister Rolo seemed to have everything under control." Gliff replied his voice trailed off as he thought of the beautiful otter. He started to chew on his wiskers, a bad habbit he was begining to pick up. He looked as if he was thinking heavily. "Father, tell me about Martin.... Who was he?"

Bane1150
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:38 pm

"There she is..", Grimfang hissed an almost maniac edge in his voice. Before him and his two personal guards, Creo and Frit, lay Redwall. Grimfang had been astounded at its size and grandeur. “Its perfect…perfect”, he hissed again. The two weasels smiled evilly, their razor sharp fangs peeking out of their mouths.

“Come, we will attack in two days time. I want the catapult hidden to the north among those trees.” Grimfang said motioning to a clump of trees and thick foliage a couple hundred feet from the main gate. “Yes sir”, the weasels answered.

The group slipped into the darkening night, sliding through the brush on their way back to camp. Soon they came upon the river and began to follow it downstream to the tributary that led to where their camp lay.

A half mile from the tributary, Grimfang heard a noise. “Shh be still”, he hissed drawing his dirk, and sliding to the ground. Someone was heading their way a group of beasts.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:28 pm

Mesalin was practically skipping along, and he could not explain what fit of joy had taken him. He heard Kanysin humming his otter tune, and on the spur of the moment he decided to whistle his own tune. The corsair ferret let loose an old sea shanty from his lips, pursing them to the old familiar tune. Any old sea salt would recognize its melody...

Scethirin whirled around and glared at his Brothers, "What madness has befallen you both..."

OOC: *COUGH* HIINT....Hint...hiiint...

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:41 pm

"OHHH! The sea life! The sea life! Life on the open sea! Pillying and pludering, drinking rum, and causing havoc thats for me. OHHH! The sea life is for me!.....", Grimfang heard a voice sing out, the verses took him back to his days on the sea. The voice seemed familiar, suddenly Grimfang remembered. "Mesalin?! You old sea rat!", Grimfang called out, although he did not stand up not wanting to entirely give away his position. "Is that you?"

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:11 pm

Mesalin stopped dead in his tracks at the sound of this new and unexpected voice, and his otter brother actually crashed into him.

"Bloody hellsgates, Mesalin, whaa--"

While both beasts staggered back at this sudden turn of events, Scethirin was suddenly at their throats in one bound.

"What is this?" The wildcat growled, fury and rage in his eyes. It was obvious that he was trying his hardest to control an urge to mangle throats, "STRANGEBEASTS KNOW YOUR NAME?"

Kanysin could feel the murder in the air, and dragged his brother ferret back just in time. There was a flash of silver and a dull thud--and a split second later Scethirin's large battleaze was buried in the dirt, missing Mesalin's paws by mere inches. Kanysin had almost reached for his blade before he stopped himself. Scethirin had drawn a weapon against one of his own, that alone was a misdeed enough to earn him reprieve. The wildcat's tail was lashing back and forth in his fury, his helpless blind rage as the call came out again.

"Scethirin..." Tadithar's beautiful eyes were wide, and her paws were trembling, "What..."

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:26 pm

Grimfang appeared out of the darkness, he stood leaning cockily on his pike staring at the conflict. "Tsk Tsk, now thats not the way to treat your mateys is it?", Grimfang said to the paranoid wildcat. Then brushing past him he walked up to Mesalin, reaching out with his pike he sent the weasel toppling on his face. "Still a clutz I see", Grimfang said smirking at his old trick.
Last edited by Drako11 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:11 pm

OOC: I hate to be a stickler, but can you edit that post? The fact that your character touched mine...well, in his present state Scethirin would not hesitate to kill Mesalin in one blow, and that wouldnt' follow logically. I hate to be a sticlkler, but can you edit the hug out?

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:17 pm

OOC: Np, makes sense wasn't thinking, Grimfang probalby wouldn't hug anyways. XD

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:03 pm

OOC: Ya-haar!!! A true corsair greeting, eh? :-P

IC:

"Strangebeast, you will not touch my brother!" Scethirin, although not at all fond of Mesalin, was still aroused in the name of the Coven to defend his fellow beast. The large wildcat wrenched his battleaxe from the dirt and swung it, "I will dirty my blade with your unclean filth..."

Mesalin scrambled back once more, jaw agape, "Grimfang! Wha-a...i 'kin hardly believe mine eyes! Wha-a....what on earth..."

Kanysin did not need an expanation, he gripped the ferret on his arm and dragged him back while Scethirin nearly went mad.

"Back, all of you..." The wildcat growled, "In the name of the Coven..."

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!